Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, BlueMax said:

I think you mean the VEFR-1 " Funny Chinese" instead of the Cat‘s Eye

http://www.macross2.net/m3/sdfmacross/vefr-1.htm

 

Ah you're right, I got my recon planes mixed up.:p

 

7 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice list and thots..;)

My take is that with the new delta movie coming soon, those long shot vf-1 valks are most likely to be in the wishlist wonderland for quite some time...

 

I agree, hopefully they release TV Kaki and the rest of DYRL skull squadron.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jetreo said:

Others:
VF-1J Stealth (I need this)
VF-1S Low Vis (maybe? jk I will PO this so fast)

 

There might be some more, GBP for Max and Roy was teased and that'd be cool. Maybe a Minmay guard or Woodland color? I don't know if that is licensed. Blue Roses w/ Fast pack? Hell yea! What I really want is a no-paint version or kit based on this mold. :)

There's a high percentage that these will not get issued.

The GBP for Max and Roy are teasers to get peoples' interest and not going to get done. Roy's GBP Armour reminds me of Ozma's 29 paint scheme and Max's is too oversaturated with blue (Wasn't the GBP for Roy and Max made as a model kit [which I think it was] and then "HG" made them for the blasphemed non- Macross toyline?).

For the Stealth 1J and Low Vis 1a, Minmay guard, Woodland it would be a bonus if Bandai does make them into DX, however will variants valks sell if it's not cannon to the timeline?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

We won't get Yamato non canon schemes. At best, we'd get a Cavaliers in black as a stealth substitute. Where's my Ranka concert special Vf-1?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

So a canon VF-1 in wrong colors?.....sadly, that actually sounds plausible...

p-iOmzQwtY6IVOJAVOPFC0C76V1LYYEpsHTMMXaZ

It would be easy for them to rationalize also as black is an awful color for anime. Black vehicles are sometimes depicted as dark blue so they can be discerned from dark backgrounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

It would be easy for them to rationalize also as black is an awful color for anime. Black vehicles are sometimes depicted as dark blue so they can be discerned from dark backgrounds.

Perhaps...but not in this case....it's actually just briefly shown in a quick hanger shot in all it's dark blue glory.....anything too far off from the color that Yamato released it in would be a fail...in either case, I would be shocked if released...even in black! :bigshok:

FOTOUOjIt2DTv1PyTNCMKgyqTzHkW0KWcg6Ek_1V

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Waiting for the 1D to complete Hikaru's TV rides.

50899814366_3f7835b863_o.jpg

 

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Still need GBP.;)

Plus a DX VF-1a guys.. :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Waiting for the 1D to complete Hikaru's TV rides.

50899814366_3f7835b863_o.jpg

Love what you did on your DX Valks, @Lolicon. So sweet looking. :wub: 

42 minutes ago, borgified said:

Plus a DX VF-1a guys.. :p

You mean the brownie VF-1A/J that he 'piloted' in the earlier episode intro?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who owns the Yamato Caveliers Valk can attest to the fact it DOES NOT look like those promo pics! It basically almost looks black on a shelf in normal room lighting. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Anyone who owns the Yamato Caveliers Valk can attest to the fact it DOES NOT look like those promo pics! It basically almost looks black on a shelf in normal room lighting. 

I do....but not sure what your point is...."almost black" is still not "black"...LOL....

The point WAS that releasing a Cavaliers VF-1A that was ACTUALLY black would not be canon....

Here you go.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/36375-yamato-v2-160-vf-1a-cavaliers/

 

Want a black VF-1 from Bandai?  Pray they do copy Yamato and release a version of their non-canon "Stealth" VF-1J which does have "some" black in it's overall paint scheme....

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I do....but not sure what your point is...."almost black" is still not "black"...LOL....

The point WAS that releasing a Cavaliers VF-1A that was ACTUALLY black would not be canon....

Here you go.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/36375-yamato-v2-160-vf-1a-cavaliers/

 

Want a black VF-1 from Bandai?  Pray they do copy Yamato and release a version of their non-canon "Stealth" VF-1J which does have "some" black in it's overall paint scheme....

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

LOL...it's a time-honored MacrossWorld tradition to debate the accuracy of valk colors! :drinks:

But seriously, the VF-1A Cavaliers is Bluity Blue y'all!

 

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I do....but not sure what your point is...."almost black" is still not "black"...LOL....

The point WAS that releasing a Cavaliers VF-1A that was ACTUALLY black would not be canon....

Here you go.....

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/36375-yamato-v2-160-vf-1a-cavaliers/

 

Want a black VF-1 from Bandai?  Pray they do copy Yamato and release a version of their non-canon "Stealth" VF-1J which does have "some" black in it's overall paint scheme....

 

Or rip off the black and gold anniversary 1S.

 

But I'll still get a black Cavaliers if they do it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The point wasn't so much that Bandai WOULD make a Cavaliers black, just that they wouldn't copy Yamato non canon schemes. Cavaliers or some new homage scheme are the best bet for a stealth looking scheme (and still, very long shots). We have a lot of primary and secondary schemes to get through before that's a thought.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Or rip off the black and gold anniversary 1S.

 

 

Still waiting for someone to slap a big 'ol Trans Am Firebird decal on that one for a Smokey and the Bandit custom! :rolleyes:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Still waiting for someone to slap a big 'ol Trans Am Firebird decal on that one for a Smokey and the Bandit custom! :rolleyes:

How has this not happened!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

A9F99350-828F-431D-BBE6-C25372CF3A5C.thumb.jpeg.f5f704b828941f2134e6a18f847d61fe.jpeg

If I had a larger scale motorcycle for the VF-1S to ride then I’d probably do this pose over again.

Get a DX in that pose.........and I will make magic....LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites

How dark was the Black in the 1/48 Yammie 25th Anniversary VF-1 (same as the YF -19 I take it)? 

If a DX 1a Cavaliers was made, then a darker shade of Blue would used to  make it different to Max's 1J. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2021 at 6:04 PM, sqidd said:

Still need GBP.;)

Sure do! Though I think it will be a separate accessory set with a possible 1J reissue to go with it. I think Bandai will balk at releasing a a 35k+ yen bundle because people will balk at a 35k+ price tag. ;)

 

23 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Love what you did on your DX Valks, @Lolicon. So sweet looking. :wub: 

Thanks @no3Ljm! I just wish Bandai wouldn't overlook such basic details for a high end valkyrie toy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Sure do! Though I think it will be a separate accessory set with a possible 1J reissue to go with it. I think Bandai will balk at releasing a a 35k+ yen bundle because people will balk at a 35k+ price tag. ;)

My bet is on the bundle.:p

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, borgified said:

How dark was the Black in the 1/48 Yammie 25th Anniversary VF-1 (same as the YF -19 I take it)? 

If a DX 1a Cavaliers was made, then a darker shade of Blue would used to  make it different to Max's 1J. 

Yep, same black

No photo description available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...