Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

28 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

The best thing I bought for my collections;

74078_a__34634.1491301441.jpg?c=2?imbypa

Or you can swing by a dollarama get a makeup brush or something that works too. As for grease/dirt, wash hands well prior to or wear gloves. :drinks:

I stole one of my wife's makeup brushes awhile ago.  

No dust resides in the hangar above no sir. That is a nice a shot! While you're at it @Saburo, you should invest in some maintenance crew & misc equipment and have them blurred out in your shots to give depth with main focus on your Valk:good:

btw, I looked into the hangar set and man it ain't cheap!

Edited by Angesdad

8 hours ago, Algy said:

haha got it.

for now I just want to remove the dust, and clean up the dirt/grease from the plastic that accumulates while handling/transforming the toy

@sqidd's Air compressor and @vladykinscompressed air cans suggestion works really well, I use a lens air duster but its not that strong. I bought some makeup brushes to clear dust off figures. :good:

3 hours ago, Angesdad said:

No dust resides in the hangar above no sir. That is a nice a shot! While you're at it @Saburo, you should invest in some maintenance crew & misc equipment and have them blurred out in your shots to give depth with main focus on your Valk:good:

btw, I looked into the hangar set and man it ain't cheap!

I make sure to wipe down the hangar to minimize the amount of clean up during photo processing.  I do have some maintenance crew & equipment but I haven't had a chance to paint the crew figures yet.  :D

Edited by Saburo

@Saburo pics and posts FOR THE WIN! Always makes me want to admire my collection or look for new items to buy.

Willing to bet no one here has helped sell more toys than the Super Dimensional Enabler. I might even buy Matchbox cars if he posted pics of them :lol:

-b.

1 hour ago, Kanedas Bike said:

@Saburo pics and posts FOR THE WIN! Always makes me want to admire my collection or look for new items to buy.

Willing to bet no one here has helped sell more toys than the Super Dimensional Enabler. I might even buy Matchbox cars if he posted pics of them :lol:

-b.

Agreed. @Saburo's pics blow away pics taken by others on here. :hail:

5 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

-b.

Thank you @Kanedas Bike for the kind words, but I am sorry for any damage that you or forum members wallet incurred.  :lol:

5 hours ago, Angesdad said:

IncredibleOrganicBug-max-1mb.gif

I'll see what I can do or I might ask a friend to paint them for me. :good: If you look around in the VF-31 thread, I have some shots with the equipment in the photo.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Agreed. @Saburo's pics blow away pics taken by others on here. :hail:

Thank you!  I appreciate it but there are other forum members whose photos I consider great; you (@Lolicon), @tekering, @MacrossJunkie and @enphily.  

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

:wub: I’m pretty sure @spanner is going to like this for his phone wallpaper.

@no3Ljm haha maybe or its a photo of a motorcycle or car. :D

49 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I bought several makeup brushes after I read that you use them. Wife opened the Amazon package. I had some explaining to do. They do work well.

Haha, I had a similar situation with my brushes, my gf thought they were for her, then I had to explain I will use them to clean my toys.  :lol:

So, I don't know if anyone really likes using the fancy Roy/Hikaru stands for mounting their super packed VF-1s, but I would rather heavily advise against it.

crop1.thumb.jpg.1ec97d3209f5b6c4afa3ac8158cded21.jpgcrop1.thumb.jpg.1ec97d3209f5b6c4afa3ac8158cded21.jpgcrop2.thumb.jpg.26932a399e75d9cb6ba8b694dd51432b.jpg

crop2.thumb.jpg.26932a399e75d9cb6ba8b694dd51432b.jpg

crop3.thumb.jpg.ea668a70c0ddc358e02a0936defdb664.jpg

That's what you call the plastic trying to shatter.  The foggy bits near the surface on that end-on pic show how deep the cracks are, and some of them are nearly halfway through.

Also note, I didn't even have the valk mounted on the stand for more than a few hours.  The stand has been sitting assembled and unused for the past week, and I just picked it up to look at it, and saw this.

As ugly as Bandai's big honking stands are, at least the black ones don't seem to have all of the usual fragile tendencies you see with clear plastic. <_< 

18 hours ago, Angesdad said:

hey @sh9000, that cel shading animation effect is really cool!

Thanks.  It’s on PS.  I’ve been using it sometimes after I’ve seen another person use it.

8 hours ago, Shawn said:

Wow, I absolutely love that pose and effect.....wowza!!
Give me a space background next!!

image.thumb.png.c0e8245d1c479d3cfc10d205d41abd9e.png

Thanks @Shawn.

15 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I bought several makeup brushes after I read that you use them. Wife opened the Amazon package. I had some explaining to do. They do work well.

I did grab it form a big set of brushes she has, so it won't really be missed. And they do work fantastic (including on all my little gashapon Yamato ships). It would take some explaining on why I have it now. It's bad enough that she jokingly calls them my "dolls". And that when I have had armor parts arrive I then joked that I bought "clothes for my dolls". I don't think she'd let me live it down that I'm now using a makeup brush on them.

10 hours ago, Shawn said:

Wow, I absolutely love that pose and effect.....wowza!!
Give me a space background next!!

image.thumb.png.c0e8245d1c479d3cfc10d205d41abd9e.png

Agreed....@sh9000 has been able to nail several iconic Macross imagery lately....I have been "borrowing" them to compose some mixed media shots....I did one for this image too when he initially posted it....again, great job @sh9000...keep them coming!

large.627033586_SuperVF-1S3.jpg.aa1cbcc3

27 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I did grab it form a big set of brushes she has, so it won't really be missed. And they do work fantastic (including on all my little gashapon Yamato ships). It would take some explaining on why I have it now. It's bad enough that she jokingly calls them my "dolls". And that when I have had armor parts arrive I then joked that I bought "clothes for my dolls". I don't think she'd let me live it down that I'm now using a makeup brush on them.

My wife rolls her eyes when a Macross package shows up and asks, "is this a new big piece of really expensive plastic from Japan or a new small piece to attach to a big piece you already have?"

I ended up buying a set with brushes of different shapes and sizes. Great for getting into all the nooks and crannies.

9 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Agreed....@sh9000 has been able to nail several iconic Macross imagery lately....I have been "borrowing" them to compose some mixed media shots....I did one for this image too when he initially posted it....again, great job @sh9000...keep them coming!

large.627033586_SuperVF-1S3.jpg.aa1cbcc3

Thanks.  :drinks:

10 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

My wife rolls her eyes when a Macross package shows up and asks, "is this a new big piece of really expensive plastic from Japan or a new small piece to attach to a big piece you already have?"

I ended up buying a set with brushes of different shapes and sizes. Great for getting into all the nooks and crannies.

Well, can't say she's wrong in her assessment. :lol:

Another at Manda [Complex] for 27K

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1153289708&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

aaaaaaaaaaaaaand gone...

Edited by slide

On 1/22/2021 at 7:12 AM, Angesdad said:

The best thing I bought for my collections;

74078_a__34634.1491301441.jpg?c=2?imbypa

Or you can swing by a dollarama get a makeup brush or something that works too. As for grease/dirt, wash hands well prior to or wear gloves. :drinks:

I second this! I do have some of the wife's makeup brushes but this Tamiya brush has anti-static properties and I've never had it catch on small bits (like PE or antennae).

-Ed

1 hour ago, borgified said:

You're not complying to the proper standards of advertising @slide, your posting a different store with a wrong link!! :angry:  

:rofl:HAHAHA... yea, that's what happens when I'm tired-shopping after a double-shift...