Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Super late to the party. Got my supers last week and just opened them today.

Just need to replace the name on the cockpit to make it a proper Hikaru TV skull leader. :)

50836178707_6775a394ce_o.jpg

That is an excellent shot @Lolicon!!  I love the added details! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, sqidd said:

What pilot figure is that/from?

It's Hikaru from the DX 1J. It's the one earmarked for the GBP if it's not a bundle set. :drinks:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

That is an excellent shot @Lolicon!!  I love the added details! 

Thanks @Saburo! You can't even tell that I dropped the hangar set while moving it to the table and had to reassemble the entire thing before taking that shot. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent.  I hope we get the VE-1 and Cannon Fodder at some point.  

 

Low Viz Woodland, Low Viz Color, and Stealth would also please me and destroy my bank account :)

 

They should pull a Yamato and release giant gift sets (with SSP) as well as stand alone.  I have no clue what I would do with my Yamato's after that tho haha

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
I like toys
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Excellent.  I hope we get the VE-1 and Cannon Fodder at some point.  

Low Viz Woodland, Low Viz Color, and Stealth would also please me and destroy my bank account :)

They should pull a Yamato and release giant gift sets (with SSP) as well as stand alone.  I have no clue what I would do with my Yamato's after that tho haha

Umm... Low Vis offerings and the Stealth are possibly a no go @spacemanoeuvres, since that Bandai wants it canon to the series. CF is most likely with possibly Alaska Base and Virgin Road if Bandai does go ahead with it. 

Right now, we're stuck with the Yammie 1/48 variants for now, or unless there's a TWE DX offering for those obscure versions.   

Edit: A possible DX VE-1?? Like what you mentioned; Where are we going to do with the Yamacadia ones? :p

Edited by borgified
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, borgified said:

Umm... Low Vis offerings and the Stealth are possibly a no go @spacemanoeuvres, since that Bandai wants it canon to the series. CF is most likely with possibly Alaska Base and Virgin Road if Bandai does go ahead with it. 

Right now, we're stuck with the Yammie 1/48 variants for now, or unless there's a TWE DX offering for those obscure versions.   

Edit: A possible DX VE-1?? Like what you mentioned; Where are we going to do with the Yamacadia ones? :p

That's cool.  I'm relatively happy with my squads of low viz valks.  Virgin Road and Alaska base would be cool.

Is there a 1/48 VE-1?  I want to say I've seen conversion kits but not 100%

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, borgified said:

Umm... Low Vis offerings and the Stealth are possibly a no go @spacemanoeuvres, since that Bandai wants it canon to the series. CF is most likely with possibly Alaska Base and Virgin Road if Bandai does go ahead with it. 

Right now, we're stuck with the Yammie 1/48 variants for now, or unless there's a TWE DX offering for those obscure versions.   

Edit: A possible DX VE-1?? Like what you mentioned; Where are we going to do with the Yamacadia ones? :p

When Bandai finally decided on selling those colored GBP's they've shown a few months ago, it's not canon anymore to the series. ;) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

When Bandai finally decided on selling those colored GBP's they've shown a few months ago, it's not canon anymore to the series. ;) 

 

They won't be selling those.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember, yamato non canon variants sold poorly, part of the reason Yamato went the kit route. Bandai does non canon stuff too though.. like their Focker inspired themes on other vehicles.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They won't be selling those.

Who knows. Bandai's known for showing lots of stuff, canon or non-canon and not producing it in the end. But I'm pretty sure if that gets released, it's going to be the TWE route. ;) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Excellent.  I hope we get the VE-1 and Cannon Fodder at some point.  

 

Low Viz Woodland, Low Viz Color, and Stealth would also please me and destroy my bank account :)

Yes!!  

I mean......NO!!!!!

I mean.....YESS!!!....

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, jenius said:

Remember, yamato non canon variants sold poorly, part of the reason Yamato went the kit route. Bandai does non canon stuff too though.. like their Focker inspired themes on other vehicles.

Which are the HMR VF-4 and the DX YF-29 Roy tributes. I personally like the HMR VF-4 Roy more than the YF-29 (it's the headsculpt with that unicorn horn that irks me more). 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Is there a 1/48 VE-1?  I want to say I've seen conversion kits but not 100%

Yamato didn't make the VE-1 in 1/48.  Only seen custom projects iike this.

Edited by wmkjr
added link
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

Remember, yamato non canon variants sold poorly, part of the reason Yamato went the kit route. Bandai does non canon stuff too though.. like their Focker inspired themes on other vehicles.

VF-1S Messer's theme FTW! :yahoo: 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans: When we getting Cannon Fodders?

Bandai: We've listened to fans and will release the VF-1EX series next! Mirage version (General release). Hayate version (TWE)! Why? Cuz we can!:p

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Fans: When we getting Cannon Fodders?

Bandai: We've listened to fans and will release the VF-1EX series next! Mirage version (General release). Hayate version (TWE)! Why? Cuz we can!:p

I don't mind those 1EX trainers in DX form since there's no sign of any Macross HMR's. But I just have to get one. If Mirage's red is not matching Hikaru's red, then I'll just go with Hayate's model. :rolleyes:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

Wow that is a great price. You even get sales tax deducted from that as well (23,364 JPY). If only...

Man, I never figured out how to use Amazon JP from the states. It always seemed like my address wasn't valid. I'm also just inept.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roi_Fokka said:

Man, I never figured out how to use Amazon JP from the states. It always seemed like my address wasn't valid. I'm also just inept.

It was pretty straightforward in my case, just make sure you have the language set to English and read what the entry fields are.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, sh9000 said:

large.A7494A6C-3177-469C-9CE8-6EBCE1BC164E.jpeg.bc037158c6c553750ccc7cf030ba2245.jpeg

Would the rifle sling be made out of leather or synthetic?  

 

It looks like they made it appear to be leather, but what animal would it be harvested from?

 

Humans didn't have tech to supersize cattle in SDFM, so did they ran whale skin or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, peter said:

Would the rifle sling be made out of leather or synthetic?  

 

It looks like they made it appear to be leather, but what animal would it be harvested from?

 

Humans didn't have tech to supersize cattle in SDFM, so did they ran whale skin or something?

Whale Scrotum

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 8:28 AM, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, so the arms WILL NOT tab in and hold the gunpod level.  They just flat out don't do it.  They are designed to hold it pointed up at the underside of the nose, because BANDAI.

You have to bend the arms so they drop entirely free of those pegs before the gunpod will sit level with super packs.

I figured out why bandai's super parts design hold the gunpod at such a wonky angle.  They made the gunpod extra thicc first, without thinking about super parts fighter mode with the landing gear out.  If they had given the DX "normal" arm units with a straight gunpod mount, the extra large DX gunpod would impact the ground, and the super valkyrie would be unable to sit on its landing gear.

Keep in mind, I'm not defending bandai here at all.  It was a dumb decision that I disagree with.  Just another tiny nitpick that prevents me from declaring the DX the "ultimate" VF-1 toy over the Yamcadia 1/60 V2.  I would say Yamcadia appreciates fighter / battroid 50/50, while Bandai has a clear preference for battroid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, sqidd said:

Whale Scrotum

taiji-whale-museum.jpg

I dunno, looks a bit too fragile to hold the weight of a GU11

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...