Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Speaking of Supers again, any of us waiting on Kurama get shipping notice yet? I know there are a few of us.

Kurama is based in Hong Kong. My assumption is any TWEs get shipped from Japan to HK first before going out to the buyers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Kurama is based in Hong Kong. My assumption is any TWEs get shipped from Japan to HK first before going out to the buyers.

Ooooh gotcha. First time using them though I do recall their dates office is based in Hong Kong

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have any extra 1Ds? So...in a panic I sent A-E an email cancelling my PO. I thought I would get one cheaper from another site. I've emailed A-E a couple of times and even tried calling them to disregard by cancellation request and so far nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to say thanks to all on the Luna Park info on the 1D Preorder. NEWCUSTOMER discount really helped with the "Missed Preorder Blues." My confirmation showed 3000 Yen flat shipping cost with 1-2 weeks delivery time to East Coast US in case anyone was still considering going with them. I'm assuming DHL or FedEx. So really not bad methinks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 3:20 AM, valhary said:

Why the hell Hikaru is lying down in the fan racer?

Once again Yamato did better and like happens with this line Bandai try to divert the attention of their mediocre work with the tampo 

yamatowins.jpg

Man, if I was Hikaru in the Bandai fan racer, I would've had a raging boner the entire time Minmay was sitting on my lap with how cramped that cockpit looks and the way she'd have to position herself to sit lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/26/2020 at 6:55 PM, F360 said:

Luna Park still have this open 

"Use code NEWCUSTOMER for ¥2000 off"

https://www.lunapark.store/product-page/dx-chogokin-vf-1d-valkyrie-fan-racer-japan-version

 

The holiday was busy for me and this PO totally flew over head, I can't believe I forgot. Thanks for this link, I'll give this vendor a shot.

My gut says this particular valk will have a greater demand than the rest of the 1/48 DXs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still available at a limit of 6 per order....

https://p-bandai.jp/cart/?returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ftamashii.jp%2Fitem_character%2Fmacross_series%2F

I think the re-sellers are backing off of this one....thinking the glut of VF-1S Focker's currently collecting dust on AJ and YJA made them think twice....

Which could have an effect on how many actually get made by Bandai....that could lead to a higher price for it in the future if those numbers are pretty low

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Still available at a limit of 6 per order....

https://p-bandai.jp/cart/?returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ftamashii.jp%2Fitem_character%2Fmacross_series%2F

I think the re-sellers are backing off of this one....thinking the glut of VF-1S Focker's currently collecting dust on AJ and YJA made them think twice....

Which could have an effect on how many actually get made by Bandai....that could lead to a higher price for it in the future if those numbers are pretty low

With how tight money is right now for folks, I think that glut's not going away anytime soon. I know with my family's current finances, affording one is out of the question big time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Still available at a limit of 6 per order....

https://p-bandai.jp/cart/?returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Ftamashii.jp%2Fitem_character%2Fmacross_series%2F

I think the re-sellers are backing off of this one....thinking the glut of VF-1S Focker's currently collecting dust on AJ and YJA made them think twice....

Which could have an effect on how many actually get made by Bandai....that could lead to a higher price for it in the future if those numbers are pretty low

Trying to remember the 31A pre-orders on TWE/p-bandai, did it stay open on p-bandai's website till the very end?

If i recall it was the other on-line retailers that closed the TWE pre-orders. This is where N-Y slipped up as they left the pre-order on quite a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

With how tight money is right now for folks, I think that glut's not going away anytime soon. I know with my family's current finances, affording one is out of the question big time.

Let me play devil's advocate and say that if you made under $60,000 (and are a US taxpayer) you are about to get $600, so you could easily buy two of them. I am not saying that you should, but hey, you could...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Trying to remember the 31A pre-orders on TWE/p-bandai, did it stay open on p-bandai's website till the very end?

If i recall it was the other on-line retailers that closed the TWE pre-orders. This is where N-Y slipped up as they left the pre-order on quite a while.

I don't think we can use the 31A as a standard for anything, because shop pre-order shenanigans aside, it sounded like Bandai had some serious production problems with them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedComet said:

Let me play devil's advocate and say that if you made under $60,000 (and are a US taxpayer) you are about to get $600, so you could easily buy two of them. I am not saying that you should, but hey, you could...

That $600 (both me and my wife's) has to go to our landlord to pay for what we couldn't give her for rent these past several months, and then we still owe her.

But rather than get into a long, complicated explanation that would further derail this topic and reveal much more info than anyone should (or cares to) hear, I'm going to take the opportunity to shut up and exit stage left.

Thanks for having me folks; see ya in the Workshop section.

 

-pb.

Edited by pengbuzz
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duymon said:

Anyone had their TV super orders at NY make any progress?

I had 6 other 12/23/2020 items ship already from them, but my TV order is still in payment ok status....

I'm still waiting for my Missile Set that shipped from them 2 months ago.  I paid the additional fee to upgrade my shipping  Kakizaki 2 weeks ago but the order still says payment ok.  Prior to me paying for upgraded shipping they responded to my messages within 2 days.  Now it's been about a week but that could be due to Christmas...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hoshizora said:

NY has not shipped my TV supers either. They are also silent about it when I raised ticket enquiring about the status of the item. 

I got a reply from NY last Friday. They are waiting to receive the supers stock soon and will start shipping after receiving them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

Seems like they gave us a LOOONG runway with a December preorder for a July Product. Maybe next would be a February preorder for September?

Thanks jenius.

That seems like a pretty good guess.

My lamens guess would be the Max 1J, since we've seen it in the wild.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, troyness said:

Thanks jenius.

That seems like a pretty good guess.

My lamens guess would be the Max 1J, since we've seen it in the wild.

My money is on a DYRL VF-1A Max

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Berserker said:

I got a reply from NY last Friday. They are waiting to receive the supers stock soon and will start shipping after receiving them.

Yeah they told me the same thing in September. My SSP have been “preparation in progress” for over three months. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

What's REALLY funny is how life always remembers to smack you directly in the face...Christmas Eve morning...easy, peasy VF-1D pre-order, no muss, no fuss. 6 hours later go to open the garage door to go to Mom's house for Christmas Eve, garage door springs break. THAT'S gonna be about $600 me thinks...*SIGH* *Immediately thinking-- "if I hadn't had pre-ordered that Valk, would this have happened????" <_<

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

What's REALLY funny is how life always remembers to smack you directly in the face...Christmas Eve morning...easy, peasy VF-1D pre-order, no muss, no fuss. 6 hours later go to open the garage door to go to Mom's house for Christmas Eve, garage door springs break. THAT'S gonna be about $600 me thinks...*SIGH* *Immediately thinking-- "if I hadn't had pre-ordered that Valk, would this have happened????" <_<

Or, maybe if you hadn't PO's that 1D the garage would have fell down!:unknw::p

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sqidd said:

My money is on a DYRL VF-1A Max

When Bandai pivots back to DYRL a 1A is what they'll probably do. The mold is there ready for a new coat of paint.... although I dare to dream of a tv angelbird.

Edited by troyness
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ooooh gotcha. First time using them though I do recall their dates office is based in Hong Kong

 

3 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Kurama just shipped my TV Supers

Ditto and yeah it shipped from HK so makes total sense what the delay was. I’ll keep that in mind for the future.

21 minutes ago, troyness said:

When Bandai pivots back to DYRL a 1A is what they'll probably do. The mold is there ready for a new coat of paint.... although I dare to dream of a tv angelbird.

 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

My money is on a DYRL VF-1A Max

Most likely it’ll be DYRL if they stick to the pattern of two TV then two DYRL. Also they’ve been doing one regular and then one TWE release.

I also think it’ll be Max 1A regular and then Hikaru 1A TWE with Strike or possibly just his skulls to place in separate Strike.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to Nippon-Yasan f###ing me over on the Super/Strike Parts, I just ordered both the movie version and TV version Super Parts from Amazon Japan. 

Total bill is about $360 including shipping.  *sigh*  I know I am paying WAY above original pre-order pricing.

At least I know I will actually receive this order or get refunded if it does not arrive, unlike what I can expect from Nippon-Yasan's non-existent customer service.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

What's REALLY funny is how life always remembers to smack you directly in the face...Christmas Eve morning...easy, peasy VF-1D pre-order, no muss, no fuss. 6 hours later go to open the garage door to go to Mom's house for Christmas Eve, garage door springs break. THAT'S gonna be about $600 me thinks...*SIGH* *Immediately thinking-- "if I hadn't had pre-ordered that Valk, would this have happened????" <_<

That same thing happened to me on Christmas Eve. Just got both garage door springs replaced this morning - it was $250. I wasn't about to pay emergency holiday call out rates for it. Luckily one car was outside the garage

Edited by Corrinald
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...