Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, spanner said:

That was me! I managed to snag one over the weekend. Just made payment today.

Totally random too, I loaded the Mandarake page, searched VF-1S and it was right there!

Shipping is with DHL so I should have it by the weekend. Woo!

You jerk! I wanted that Focker because the add to cart button was still up when I saw it but then it vanished! lol

Congrats on the score! Let us know when you receive it. :drinks:

Me, after losing the 1S to @spanner :lol:

Edited by Lolicon

10 minutes ago, borgified said:

Good snag @spanner! How much was the DHL charge to OZ if you can remember?

I might be on the edge of getting one, however I'm waiting on a DYRL Roy version (and there is no freaking way that Bandai will give us a official 1s Max). 

Yeah sure thing, DHL to Australia was 8770 jpy which is way cheaper than what NY charged me 13,400 jpy.

7 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

I am guessing any arrangement with NY will, at best, get you STORE CREDIT....so you need to ask yourself if that is acceptable to you....if not and you never plan on buying from them again (which I would advise you not to)...initiate a paypal refund request right away before it is too late...

Also, you may be able to just do it online without needing to call Paypal...look for the transaction and then select the appropriate action to take on it

I have emailed them several times now requesting information on the status of my order which has gone completely unanswered. I emailed them today requesting to cancel my order for a full refund. I have not had a response from that either but I have since contacted PayPal and initiated a claim with them.

I have no desire to receive store credit as I will not purchase from them moving forward. Its a very disappointing  situation as I have been a long term customer and spent HUGE money with them. I can't say their customer service has ever been particularly great but purchasing through them in the past worked for me but now its just a joke.

6 minutes ago, crackpot said:

How long since you've paid for it? Have you contacted NY before about your order and did they respond? If you have done that and they haven't answered back, just file the claim for non-shipment or goods not received. Don't overthink the process. 

I paid for it back on the 21st July this year. Yeah that's the process I am now pursuing.

Anyone know the release date for the second patch "DX Chogokin Movie VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set"?

Recalled there were 1st and 2nd patch of the VF-1 Strike / Super parts set release. I missed the 1st patch and did a preorder with NP for the second patch

Submitted the ticket to NP and trying to check the status of the item. 9 days ago past and I haven't received any response from them. Chatted online again with NP, they kept asking to wait. 

7 minutes ago, mastersqull said:

Anyone know the release date for the second patch "DX Chogokin Movie VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set"?

Recalled there were 1st and 2nd patch of the VF-1 Strike / Super parts set release. I missed the 1st patch and did a preorder with NP for the second patch

Submitted the ticket to NP and trying to check the status of the item. 9 days ago past and I haven't received any response from them. Chatted online again with NP, they kept asking to wait. 

Welcome to MWF btw! :hi:

20 minutes ago, seti88 said:

NP? Or do you mean N-Y.

Macross releases by bandai are found here..https://tamashii.jp/item_character/macross_series/

which puts the 2nd batch of SSP sets for april release..

Thank you so much for the link, seti88.

Correct, I pre-ordered the VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set with N-Y. For some reasons. I forgot about this order till couple weeks ago.

Hm..., looks like N-Y never send me the item in April. Don't think they can/will do anything about it. My case will be calling my Credit Card company to get help.

I have been N-Y customer since 2012. It is the first issue with them.  

Edited by mastersqull

Oh guys... 

There's a NY dedicated thread in one of these subsections and try not to 'spam' this thread too much.

There was a legal matter thread on NY but it got out if hand as it should have merged with the NY thread and not the Toys section. 

Or do you all want this thread locked permanently and not post on it anymore?

48 minutes ago, borgified said:

Oh guys... 

There's a NY dedicated thread in one of these subsections and try not to 'spam' this thread too much.

There was a legal matter thread on NY but it got out if hand as it should have merged with the NY thread and not the Toys section. 

Or do you all want this thread locked permanently and not post on it anymore?

my apologies, I'll switch over to the appropriate thread. -_-

1 hour ago, Battle_Me said:

Looking for super parts for Roy. Has the preorder past? 

The TV Super Parts for this month release has already been passed. The 2nd batch however which will come out on April 2021 is still open on the main P-Bandai site until December 22 JST. You can place an order thru proxy site since that will be available only in Japan.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000151124/

5 hours ago, spanner said:

That was me! I managed to snag one over the weekend. Just made payment today.

Totally random too, I loaded the Mandarake page, searched VF-1S and it was right there!

Shipping is with DHL so I should have it by the weekend. Woo!

Congrats Spanner! Finally. :yahoo:

4 hours ago, spanner said:

I paid for it back on the 21st July this year. Yeah that's the process I am now pursuing.

-Find the transaction.

-Click on the Report A Problem link (it has a triangle next to it).

-Fill out the form. You only need to tell them that you did not receive your item. That's it. Don't say anything more than that. I think you have the option at that point to escalate it. Do that. You don't need to give NY time to respond. Go straight for the jugular. They will start an investigation. If NY doesn't ship it and supply proof of delivery in I think it's 10 days (which was all know they won't) PayPal will automatically credit you the money.

-NY will ban you from further purchases. I'm sure you will be heartbroken.:rolleyes:

On 12/6/2020 at 2:14 AM, Drad said:

My shipment from OkiniLand is listed as "Shipment On Hold." I've never seen this with DHL before. Anyone else who ordered from OkiniLand seeing the same thing?

On 12/6/2020 at 2:33 AM, drumondo said:

Mine is the same, it also says "The shipment will be processed in the next available movement".

I'm guessing it will be updated Monday.

19 hours ago, Jade20X said:

Same here. My order is also from Okini. My DHL app said there is an “exception” and that my “shipment is on hold.” Thought there was an issue with my mailing address, and I was unable to call DHL yesterday as their customer service line is closed on the weekends.

@Drad @drumondo Seems there was movement as of 1:59AM EST this morning.  "Customs status updated" and "Processed at Osaka - Japan" are the latest two notices on my tracking.  We might all be in the same shipping container/transport.

6 hours ago, Smacky said:

Anybody's order with Lunapark still stuck in Shipment information received status with DHL?  Mine's been sitting in that status since last Sunday.

Mine was stuck like that for a day or two. I also had a hold up in customs in Hong Kong and then again in Cinncy. So DHL is sometimes moving a little slower here and there.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The TV Super Parts for this month release has already been passed. The 2nd batch however which will come out on April 2021 is still open on the main P-Bandai site until December 22 JST. You can place an order thru proxy site since that will be available only in Japan.

https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000151124/

Thank you. I saw this site and was trying to order until I noticed ‘Japan only’. Then I was trying to find a site that shipped to the US but didn’t see options at nin. I’ll probably wait for the release and try to score vs waiting until April. 

7 minutes ago, Battle_Me said:

Thank you. I saw this site and was trying to order until I noticed ‘Japan only’. Then I was trying to find a site that shipped to the US but didn’t see options at nin. I’ll probably wait for the release and try to score vs waiting until April. 

It might be a gamble if you decide to pass on the second run in favor of trying to snag one from the first run. By the time the first run sets start to show up for sale in the secondary market, your order window for the second run will have closed. With rare exception, TWE (Tamashii Web Exclusive) items like the TV Super Parts become a lot more expensive and hard to obtain after they are released--even with a second run looming. That happened with the Super Strike Parts set. Even after the second run of that set, it's still expensive and hard to obtain. Granted, that set might be more popular than the TV Super Parts set because people are anticipating additional DYRL Skull Squadron releases and bought multiple copies.

We don't know how many TV Super Parts sets were made in the first run and since there are probably a lot of people itching to get the set for their Roy and regretting that they didn't place an order during the first run, hence the second run, you might be up against some competition and fairly high prices. Odds are good that you'll pay less if you use a proxy service to get a set from the second run. There are three stores that can act as proxies, but do charge a premium: Anime Export, MyKombini, and Nippon-Yasan. The first is sold out, the second still has the set available (for less than AE), and the third has a terrible reputation right now. Full-up proxies can and do ship to the US as well. Popular options are FromJapan, DeJapan, Big In Japan, Zenmarket, and White Rabbit Express. Each of them will have a cap on the total number of sets they can order, which is imposed by Bandai. If you haven't used a proxy service before, it's pretty easy. You send them the link to the product (https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000151124/) and they will respond with a quote. They charge a per-item fee which is either flat or a percentage of the item's cost. Shipping is sometimes paid for up front, but generally comes in as a second invoice once the proxy receives your item and you select the method you want to use. Usually cheaper than going through the stores acting as proxies, but you might have to check with a few to see if they can still order the set for you this late in the window. You can also keep an eye on the For Sale forum here. When members order multiples of something and decide they don't want to keep all of them, they usually show up in that forum before moving to sites like eBay.

19 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

It might be a gamble if you decide to pass on the second run in favor of trying to snag one from the first run. By the time the first run sets start to show up for sale in the secondary market, your order window for the second run will have closed. With rare exception, TWE (Tamashii Web Exclusive) items like the TV Super Parts become a lot more expensive and hard to obtain after they are released--even with a second run looming. That happened with the Super Strike Parts set. Even after the second run of that set, it's still expensive and hard to obtain. Granted, that set might be more popular than the TV Super Parts set because people are anticipating additional DYRL Skull Squadron releases and bought multiple copies.

We don't know how many TV Super Parts sets were made in the first run and since there are probably a lot of people itching to get the set for their Roy and regretting that they didn't place an order during the first run, hence the second run, you might be up against some competition and fairly high prices. Odds are good that you'll pay less if you use a proxy service to get a set from the second run. There are three stores that can act as proxies, but do charge a premium: Anime Export, MyKombini, and Nippon-Yasan. The first is sold out, the second still has the set available (for less than AE), and the third has a terrible reputation right now. Full-up proxies can and do ship to the US as well. Popular options are FromJapan, DeJapan, Big In Japan, Zenmarket, and White Rabbit Express. Each of them will have a cap on the total number of sets they can order, which is imposed by Bandai. If you haven't used a proxy service before, it's pretty easy. You send them the link to the product (https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000151124/) and they will respond with a quote. They charge a per-item fee which is either flat or a percentage of the item's cost. Shipping is sometimes paid for up front, but generally comes in as a second invoice once the proxy receives your item and you select the method you want to use. Usually cheaper than going through the stores acting as proxies, but you might have to check with a few to see if they can still order the set for you this late in the window. You can also keep an eye on the For Sale forum here. When members order multiples of something and decide they don't want to keep all of them, they usually show up in that forum before moving to sites like eBay.

Very new to this. This information is very helpful. Thank you! Going to create an account with MyK and also check those proxies. Going to place an order for April release instead of trying for a December release. 

1 hour ago, Battle_Me said:

You can also pre-order it with us :D

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html

24 minutes ago, Battle_Me said:

Very new to this. This information is very helpful. Thank you! Going to create an account with MyK and also check those proxies. Going to place an order for April release instead of trying for a December release. 

We still have some in stock, if you're still want it

Edited by Hobby Genki

7 hours ago, sqidd said:

-Find the transaction.

-Click on the Report A Problem link (it has a triangle next to it).

-Fill out the form. You only need to tell them that you did not receive your item. That's it. Don't say anything more than that. I think you have the option at that point to escalate it. Do that. You don't need to give NY time to respond. Go straight for the jugular. They will start an investigation. If NY doesn't ship it and supply proof of delivery in I think it's 10 days (which was all know they won't) PayPal will automatically credit you the money.

-NY will ban you from further purchases. I'm sure you will be heartbroken.:rolleyes:

This.  To anyone on the fence, don’t hope.  You will get burned.  I submitted my dispute on the 2nd, my guess is PayPal is going to see a huge trend here.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they suspend Nippon Yasan’s ability to use PayPal.

Luna Park did a terrible job on packing my Metal Build Launcher Striker parts, only a single layer of bubble wrap then into a DHL shipping bag, 7/8 corners are rounded and dents here and there on box.

17 hours ago, Shawn said:

Now I know why my Focker cost $400 ($250 + $150 shipping)
Box within a box. At least it is MIB here  :P

image.thumb.png.5d55334259c465493fccb4e2125329f0.pngimage.thumb.png.9568861bc56c951178b13fa2cc5311f1.png

17 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Has anyone won an auction for a single DX VF-1S on Buyee recently?  If so, can you share what the cost was to ship just the single DX VF-1S to the US?

Hey man, Shawn did it through Buyee / Tenso - see above. Trick here is to not elect the secure packaging. They just put a box in a box. HOWEVER, that means you'll trust the original seller to package correctly.

When it arrives in their warehouse, you can request a pic and they'll send it to you so you can make that call.