Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

26 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Can agree with that entirely.  Since they finally printed the numbers right, this one is lacking what I'm just going to refer to as "Bandai Taint."  It's actually done correctly, without Bandai's stupid logic marring the whole thing. :p  While it's not really that visible, just knowing it's done correctly is a nice feeling that you don't have with the previous versions.

My AmiAmi order just got dropped at my door, and it's a beauty.  If the parts in the cockpits can be coaxed out, I might just mix and match pilots and control panels to just turn one of these into a DYRL and call it a day.

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Printing the modex number correctly was probably an oversight that cost someone their job. :unknw:

Remains to be seen if the rest of the DYRL Skull members will have the corrected modex numbers when released...

most likely, tho, the beatings will continue until morale improves...

:bump:

12 minutes ago, treatment said:

Remains to be seen if the rest of the DYRL Skull members will have the corrected modex numbers when released...

most likely, tho, the beatings will continue until morale improves...

:bump:

I'm calling it: TV will always have correct modex and DYRL will always have "symmetrical" modex.

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm calling it: TV will always have correct modex and DYRL will always have "symmetrical" modex.

I was only going to collect the TV variants in the DX line anyway, and I am so glad that they have fixed the 001 for Roy's 1S.  

The symmetrical "non-error" in Kakizaki's tail fin (012, 210) would have driven me absolutely nuts...

4 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

I was only going to collect the TV variants in the DX line anyway, and I am so glad that they have fixed the 001 for Roy's 1S.  

The symmetrical "non-error" in Kakizaki's tail fin (012, 210) would have driven me absolutely nuts...

It drives me nuts and for the price I just can't justify using the decal sheet from Kaki to fix all of the DYRLs.

53 minutes ago, peter said:

Are you planning to do anything with the pilot and cockpit?  I was thinking about robbing my Hasegawa 1/48 kit of a pilot....and even considered chopping the SDFM centre control stick....but not sure I should go that far in butchering the DX.

If I can pry the consoles out of the TV versions, I may very well do so, but I'm more interested in swapping part for part, and just kitbashing a DYRL version out of stock elements.  The giant honking sticks on the TV consoles are a grievous eyesore though, and need to go away entirely either way.

Don't know if I'd do anything special to the pilot though, other than repainting a spare Kakizaki or something like that.

Edited by Chronocidal

17 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Did someone mention needing ejection seat triangle and cockpit skull decals? :D I'm open to doing another run of my DX valk supplemental set.

preview2.jpg

They've been coming through for many of us. My order from them arrived today. At least one of the members in your position contacted Nin-Nin and asked for a status update. They were told that there was a shipment delay for some of the stock and orders would be going out next week (I think).

Hello,

I would also gladly get one sheet from you please.

17 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Did someone mention needing ejection seat triangle and cockpit skull decals? :D I'm open to doing another run of my DX valk supplemental set.

preview2.jpg

They've been coming through for many of us. My order from them arrived today. At least one of the members in your position contacted Nin-Nin and asked for a status update. They were told that there was a shipment delay for some of the stock and orders would be going out next week (I think).

Sign me up for one of these.  How do I get one?

47 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Customer DX Chogokin Max VF-1S, courtesy of @RedComet!!!

IMG_5774.thumb.jpg.db60370360a96b434807323a9a06a0ee.jpgIMG_5770.thumb.jpg.dfec2a003d31543ad9e85ee86a9a8006.jpgIMG_5771.thumb.jpg.149a676362d309faa9f4b457400c9ea5.jpgIMG_5772.thumb.jpg.a951ae34f80be7eb0542d73fadd0ea2d.jpgIMG_5772.thumb.jpg.13b016624f898a66773516d8dfe7be85.jpg

@sqidd B))

-b.

That looks outstanding! I also really appreciate the Skull insignia being just a little lower on the heat shield. I think they're a bit too high with the stock application. Bandai did the same thing with the Hi-Metal R version. Red Comet is legit!

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

Indeed, I'm glad they decided to make it right for the TV Roy 1S. I'm probably going to sell my Hikaru 1S, the Roy 1S simply looks better to me for one thing, and for another it doesn't have that Goddamned backwards modex number for the sake of "Symmetry" in battroid or whatever nonsense reason they had to make it that way. :rolleyes:

18 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

preview2.jpg

I'd be interested in a set as well.

13 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Oh man! Well I did insure it and require signature verification to make sure it wasn’t stolen. I hope it arrives though! I am sure you would prefer the Max to a refund :unsure:

Yeah I would much rather have my custom Max figure. This is the one I was looking forward to the most.

Of all the Macross toys I had shipped this year - why did it have to be the irreplaceable one? Will keep you posted

7 hours ago, orbitalharvest said:

thanks, paid a bit more on okini than i would've liked.  on the flipside... still waiting on the my mid batch nin nin.  whereas the more expensive later batch one already shipped.  man... ethics right?

Ya. Seriously dont know why the need to hold/delay it.....I just check tracking and mine still in Japan......

I hope we received our orders soon...

I guess this is the new reality. Resellers everywhere for every in-demand product. It's been the norm in the sneaker game forever. I guess it's going mainstream.

31 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Wth?  Who pays that?!? Lol.  If I was desperate, I'd consider maybe going up to 450.00 or so... but over 500.00... uhhh that's like a car payment.