Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Labor Thanksgiving Day (勤労感謝の日, Kinrō Kansha no Hi) is a national holiday in Japan celebrated on November 23 of each year,[1] unless that day falls on a Sunday, in which case the holiday is moved to Monday.[2] The law establishing the holiday cites it as an occasion to commemorate labor and production and give one another thanks.

Many countries have now implemented a Black Friday sale of their own: Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Russia, India and Pakistan all celebrate Black Friday on their own soil.   Especially for online stores . sale sale sale. 

Yes it's in no way the craziness of Black Friday in America but it's still happening all over.  but in japan its a very orderly fashion of lining up.

What does this all mean. it mean that workers that work at the store that you preordered your valk will most likely be busier this week and the store will not have extra time to ship your valk out early.  

I'm pretty sure Amazon japan will have heavy outbound volume , so for them shipping out Roy early is not likely.  DHL might even delay their daily pickup or incomplete pickup, or bumped to next pickup time/date.

HLJ ......... yeah, they aren't going to ship early.:rolleyes:

CDjapan, (having a black friday sale this week).  many japan post shipping option is still suspended.  so expect a email about changing shipping service if you preordered with sal small packet. or ems for USA.   that will delay it somewhat.

Amiami..  I don't remember them shipping out stuff early because I don't normally get a email about payment until at or after release date.  

hobby search .. same as amiami.

Nin-nin-games... they'll never shipped early

N-Y?... ok.. maybe....... :rofl:

6 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I think the whole world is in on the scam to sell things to consumers any chance they get at this point. Everyone In the world has Black Friday “sales” now, lol!

:crazy: Haha well I noticed places that cater to the states definitely do like HLJ usually.

9 hours ago, F360 said:

Labor Thanksgiving Day (勤労感謝の日, Kinrō Kansha no Hi) is a national holiday in Japan celebrated on November 23 of each year,[1] unless that day falls on a Sunday, in which case the holiday is moved to Monday.[2] The law establishing the holiday cites it as an occasion to commemorate labor and production and give one another thanks.

Many countries have now implemented a Black Friday sale of their own: Canada, United Kingdom, Mexico, Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Russia, India and Pakistan all celebrate Black Friday on their own soil.   Especially for online stores . sale sale sale. 

Yes it's in no way the craziness of Black Friday in America but it's still happening all over.  but in japan its a very orderly fashion of lining up.

What does this all mean. it mean that workers that work at the store that you preordered your valk will most likely be busier this week and the store will not have extra time to ship your valk out early.  

I'm pretty sure Amazon japan will have heavy outbound volume , so for them shipping out Roy early is not likely.  DHL might even delay their daily pickup or incomplete pickup, or bumped to next pickup time/date.

HLJ ......... yeah, they aren't going to ship early.:rolleyes:

CDjapan, (having a black friday sale this week).  many japan post shipping option is still suspended.  so expect a email about changing shipping service if you preordered with sal small packet. or ems for USA.   that will delay it somewhat.

Amiami..  I don't remember them shipping out stuff early because I don't normally get a email about payment until at or after release date.  

hobby search .. same as amiami.

Nin-nin-games... they'll never shipped early

N-Y?... ok.. maybe....... :rofl:

It's the same as any other weekend. They probably have some kind of Black Friday sales but none of the stampedes and madness and camping out we have in America. And most of those shoppers are probably not buying expensive anime toys, much less Macross toys.

Let's stop assuming the rest of the world is like America.

Worst case scenario is that your valk ships on Monday or Tuesday, which was going to happen anyway regardless of what weekend it was. Expect the usual COVID related delays we've been dealing with all year, which has nothing to do with Thanksigivng.

Edited by Lolicon

Hey, dont know where to post this, so if its not the right place, delete it or move it to the right section/topic.

The 2nd batch for APRIL REISSUE DX CHOGOKIN MACROSS TV VERSION VF-1 COMPATIBLE SUPER PARTS SET is up, second release will be in 2021 April, so if you missed the first batch, the 2nd if for you. :D

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html?fbclid=IwAR1tMeBKKAuBwgKJTwNAhgdnQAJ3yqgTehW8QvEs-H8LR_5tOl9VGAjHWuc

Hobby Genki Team

6 minutes ago, Hobby Genki said:

Hey, dont know where to post this, so if its not the right place, delete it or move it to the right section/topic.

The 2nd batch for APRIL REISSUE DX CHOGOKIN MACROSS TV VERSION VF-1 COMPATIBLE SUPER PARTS SET is up, second release will be in 2021 April, so if you missed the first batch, the 2nd if for you. :D

https://hobby-genki.com/en/dx-chogokin/419-dx-chogokin-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set.html?fbclid=IwAR1tMeBKKAuBwgKJTwNAhgdnQAJ3yqgTehW8QvEs-H8LR_5tOl9VGAjHWuc

Hobby Genki Team

Perfect place to post! 

5 hours ago, Hobby Genki said:

Hobby Genki Team

Dang, I really want a set of the DYRL strike parts.....especially since Nippon Yasan totally fukked me over.

1 hour ago, peter said:

Dang, I really want a set of the DYRL strike parts.....especially since Nippon Yasan totally fukked me over.

Same here... but it seems likely to happen given a couple more DYRL releases. We're bound to see a DX VF-1A Max and Hikaru some time soon, maybe a 1S Roy DYRL and, dare we dream, a 1S Max? Any couple of those will likely trigger a SSP reissue at the way Bandai is going and how well the parts have been selling.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

Same here... but it seems likely to happen given a couple more DYRL releases. We're bound to see a DX VF-1A Max and Hikaru some time soon, maybe a 1S Roy DYRL and, dare we dream, a 1S Max? Any couple of those will likely trigger a SSP reissue at the way Bandai is going and how well the parts have been selling.

Yes let us dream. :drinks:

15 minutes ago, sqidd said:

It's kinda bonkers that there hasn't been another DYRL SSP release.

I am soooooo glad that impatience and desire to have something now outweighed my logic to wait for NY. I was able to snag 2 sets from AJ & Buyee on first release and 2 sets from AJ on second release all for the same price or slightly more than NY was charging me anyway. Hoping for others that had to wait for NY but never delivered that another release happens.

On 11/22/2020 at 4:45 AM, jenius said:

When Bandai do release them again is probably when NY will finally honor the people they've screwed over so far...a year and a half since paying and going...

2 hours ago, F360 said:

looks the the Preorder now button is gone now too 

Yup, it was just showing three spinning things, but when I just refreshed the screen, it's no longer there :(

Must have...I was able to get my Kakizaki from Okiniland pre-order without issue, but I had to go elsewhere for Roy. 

Edited by Draykov
because I always screw up the first time
2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Thanks for posting that up @Angesdad as I just saw it on Manda right now. :good:

No problem borgified. I ended up picking up my 4th set in hopes to complete DYRL Skull Squadron someday and

what a sense of achievement and void in my bank account. Sayonara SSP set don't ever wanna look it up again. 

Just got a notification from Mykombini requesting payment for Roy.  Funny thing is I emailed a couple days ago to cancel.   I got an automatic reply that they were closed until the 25th,  so they probably didn't see that message yet.  I was luckily able to snag one from HLJ at the end of July and was only keeping the first order just in case.   Even though I lose the deposit from MK, it's still a lot cheaper from HLJ. 

41 minutes ago, HKBEN said:

New here and trying to buy the 2021-4 weapon set. Could you please let me know which one is more reliable? 

1. Hobby Genki https://hobby-genki.com/en/#footer

2, Okiniland https://okini.land/en/23222-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-vf-1-tv-edition-bandai-spirits.html

Any shop(s) to avoid.

Thank you.

Ben

I have shopped from Okiniland  without issues.   Every order went smoothly. 

5 hours ago, HKBEN said:

New here and trying to buy the 2021-4 weapon set. Could you please let me know which one is more reliable? 

Any shop(s) to avoid.

Thank you.

Ben

I would avoid Luna Park Store or Yagamitsuki (on ebay) . I pre ordered some Gundam Metal Structure Items from them last Dec and they still havent shipped them. Those shitbags probably realized they are worth more now as they were a limited production. They are hiding behind the fact that Japan post is not shipping to US. HOWEVER , with a metal build gundam I was able to pay the difference and have it shipped to me via DHL but not the Metal Structure parts. I am out $800 as of right now because of them. I have been trying to resolve this since Sept with them to no avail. Buy from them at your own risk 

Edited by 68whiskey