Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Oh wow; I would love that display with all the corresponding ordinance and super/strike parts. 

Looks like we have armored parts to look forward to as well. Woot!

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Oh wow; I would love that display with all the corresponding ordinance and super/strike parts. 

Looks like we have armored parts to look forward to as well. Woot!

Will they bundle it all as a set i wonder or are they seperate?

Yes! for the GBP parts! Nicely spotted!

Edited by seti88

A 'hand' option set does feel kinda silly. If we get lots of releases in this line, are they going to make the hand option parts available frequently? Same thing with the missiles and super parts? Are they going to release the VF-1J and then make those TWE releases next? Will we have to order enough so that we have some for future DX VF-1 toys? With a smaller company, I believe they would make the parts available frequently enough for it to work. For Bandai? I'm worried.

17 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Shouldn't there be a separate TV and DYRL missile set?

So I guess only Harmony Gold licensed products get them right? ;)

tamashii2-35.jpg.b43138199333b9fcc19844bc794a2c40.jpg

It looks like the missile set includes reaction missiles, DYRL missile pods, and TV style missiles.  Will they actually change the color on the tips of the reaction missiles for TV and DYRL?  Who knows, but at least we're getting TV arm armors.

Based on what I'm seeing Bandai's marketing strategy for this 1/48 line seems to be that you buy a base valk, and all the accessories and add-ons are separate purchases (probably TWE).  So the likelihood that we'll see a GBP or super/strike bundle any time soon is very low.  I think they want you to buy everything separately. 

Kind of lame imo, and I'll probably only end up getting a few valks in this line.  If that is how they end up doing it, the secondary market prices for those accessories are going to be ridiculous, especially on the first run.

Edited by HardlyNever

17 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

tamashii2-35.jpg.b43138199333b9fcc19844bc794a2c40.jpg

It looks like the missile set includes reaction missiles, DYRL missile pods, and TV style missiles.  Will they actually change the color on the tips of the reaction missiles for TV and DYRL?  Who knows, but at least we're getting TV arm armors.

Based on what I'm seeing Bandai's marketing strategy for this 1/48 line seems to be that you buy a base valk, and all the accessories and add-ons are separate purchases (probably TWE).  So the likelihood that we'll see a GBP or super/strike bundle any time soon is very low.  I think they want you to buy everything separately. 

Kind of lame imo, and I'll probably only end up getting a few valks in this line.  If that is how they end up doing it, the secondary market prices for those accessories are going to be ridiculous, especially on the first run.

Agree with you and Jenius with your concerns about the TWE release for each of the option parts like missiles, hands, or super/strike packs.  With the (relatively) low prices of each of these option parts sets, everyone and scalpers are going to race to get as many copies as they can on PO date and secondary prices will be MULTIPLES of MSRP.  That is not cool.

17 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Agree with you and Jenius with your concerns about the TWE release for each of the option parts like missiles, hands, or super/strike packs.  With the (relatively) low prices of each of these option parts sets, everyone and scalpers are going to race to get as many copies as they can on PO date and secondary prices will be MULTIPLES of MSRP.  That is not cool.

be still my beating nerd heart....

Wow, nice announcement.  I still wished that at 1/48 scale, they could have molded a little more details onto those pieces (and the Valk in general) - a little disappointed that there wasn't the molding detail that is present in the Hasegawa 1/72 models.  They could at least make the optional hands jointed at the fingers, its a huge toy, you'd think there would be more advances from the Yamato 1/48 days.

Bandai gonna nickel and dime the crap out of this. Huh?  Reminds me if his their She Sage mode naruto didn't come with the extra robe, scroll etc....just a sage face....because they'd later sell a more complete Sage mode naruto ...or how their Nano weapons for ironman werent all included just so they could do another release....

Anyway...the optional hands set and missiles set...should have been included in the base toy.  Let's. Get it out if the way, it's BS it's not included.

strike pack better come with option for super... There were supers in dyrl after all.

tv style super pack....wont complain there isn't a strike cannon there as strike never showed up in TV show.

37 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

I think one missile set, one strike and one super should do it for me. I don't need the extra hands unless it comes with the pilot. 

Uh-oh, don’t give them ideas on the pilot with extra hands thing. Given this is Bandai, I can totally see them adding different standing pilot figures for the same set of hands... and we’ll be forced to buy like 5 sets of hands if you want the entire vermillion squadron plus focker and Miria etc...:ph34r:

I'll be honest, if the prices are reasonable (like $10 for the hands, $15-$20 for missiles, $50 for strike/super) I don't mind too much.

I think mainly we're just realizing that once you add in all the extras (hands, weapons, super/strike pack) it'll end up at a similar price point to the Arcadia VF-1 figures, or higher.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'll be honest, if the prices are reasonable (like $10 for the hands, $15-$20 for missiles, $50 for strike/super) I don't mind too much.

I think mainly we're just realizing that once you add in all the extras (hands, weapons, super/strike pack) it'll end up at a similar price point to the Arcadia VF-1 figures, or higher.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I hate it.  I don't want to judge too early, because we are still in the realm of pure speculation, but this could end up being mostly ok.  The price for a base valk is pretty low (sub $200 including shipping).  Do you really need all the accessories for every release?  I have an Arcadia GBP release that has tv and dyrl missiles I've never taken out of the box.  I haven't used all of the fixed posed hands.

I think if you are smart about it, you can dial in the exact amount of accessories you need, and actually save some cash if you end of buying most of the line.  The extra shipping is going to hurt those of us that are outside of Japan, though.  And anyone who misses an accessory release could be royally screwed, if they don't reissue them.

Ofc this may not be Bandai's plan at all.  Or the accessories could have ridiculous MSRPs.  Then I'll get my pitchfork again.

If Bandai does end up going this route, I think they REALLY need to reassure customers that there will be multiple reissues of accessories.  Like a released schedule with expected release dates and multiple runs of each release.  Otherwise, we'll see pre-order madness taken to completely new levels on some of these accessories, even if they are TWEs.

Edited by HardlyNever

I really hope that the accessory releases aren't all P-Bandai. Sure, it might be great for people in Japan, but outside it just means getting dinged by a grey-market re-seller, and the individual shipping charges, on something that might only cost $20 base. 

15 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, the more I think about it, the less I hate it.  I don't want to judge too early, because we are still in the realm of pure speculation, but this could end up being mostly ok.  The price for a base valk is pretty low (sub $200 including shipping).  Do you really need all the accessories for every release?  I have an Arcadia GBP release that has tv and dyrl missiles I've never taken out of the box.  I haven't used all of the fixed posed hands.

I think if you are smart about it, you can dial in the exact amount of accessories you need, and actually save some cash if you end of buying most of the line.  The extra shipping is going to hurt those of us that are outside of Japan, though.  And anyone who misses an accessory release could be royally screwed, if they don't reissue them.

Ofc this may not be Bandai's plan at all.  Or the accessories could have ridiculous MSRPs.  Then I'll get my pitchfork again.

If Bandai does end up going this route, I think they REALLY need to reassure customers that there will be multiple reissues of accessories.  Like a released schedule with expected release dates and multiple runs of each release.  Otherwise, we'll see pre-order madness taken to completely new levels on some of these accessories, even if they are TWEs.

Agreed. I always have a glut of missiles sitting around so I wouldn't need a pack per valk. I never used fixed pose hands so I can save there. I also like both the naked and super/strike looks so I could share a set across multiple valks there as well. It incentivizes  me to change up the display occasionally which helps me to fight the urge to buy something new. :D

6 hours ago, wm cheng said:

Wow, nice announcement.  I still wished that at 1/48 scale, they could have molded a little more details onto those pieces (and the Valk in general) - a little disappointed that there wasn't the molding detail that is present in the Hasegawa 1/72 models.  They could at least make the optional hands jointed at the fingers, its a huge toy, you'd think there would be more advances from the Yamato 1/48 days.

The surface detail is blunt, and the Yamato's looks a lot better.  I don't even think they have any gimmick underneath like the Yamato's, but I hope I'm wrong.

Arcadia-1SSS-Focker-8.jpg

Are people already panicking over the add-ons when we haven't even gotten the valk yet? :lol:

It would be a crappy thing to do if Bandai went the video game route and tried nickel & dime us, but that's yet to be seen. (Though trying to charge $100 for accessories for the Figuarts Iron Man is f***ing outrageous.)

And unlike DLC, Bandai is unlikely to release a discounted bundle pack later on down the lane. :rolleyes: