Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

I'm hoping for a VF-1D, I'll probably have to wait a couple more years, I wonder who would release it first, Arcadia or Bandai

Arcadia will not produce a 1d as its not that popular and I believe that @Lolicon has mentioned that. So it's going to be Bandai as they have done it in the HMR lineup.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, F360 said:

I'm ready for the extra ~ $15  usd per Valk , state sales tax charge.  :vava:

 

Early this week amazon.jp 3rd party have some listing of the DX Roy for as low as 24278 yen and some at 25000 yen .  (will only ship in japan) 

Now it seems the lowest is 26560 yen and up.   (will only ship in japan) .

 

So for those that are still hunting,  you should have your tenso account all setup and ready.  So if Amazon.jp have more stock of the DX-Roy at MSRP and they decides to turn off international shipping then you can still order it shipped to your tenso japanese address.   B)).    Be ready, or be ________________________________________O_O >__<     T_T.... 

Tenso's website says you need to send them ID copies to use their service.  Is that normal?  Not sure I'm comfortable with that.  What's the difference between them and, say, Buyee and what are their fees like?  Sorry bout all the questions.  I've never used a proxy service, though, so I'd like to pick the right one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hate this Nike mentality of only releasing so many units of a certain item. We all know that making money is the name of the game for any business company out there, so why not release more VFs? We also know that people will pay an arm and a leg....and a kidney for one of these things, so Bandai I ask again, why not release more and do us  Macross fans a favor? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since the great recession there has been a drive toward not losing money rather than making money. Big production runs expose you to much more risk. Little production runs have little risk. Better to have customers wanting more than stores with dead stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Tenso's website says you need to send them ID copies to use their service.  Is that normal?  Not sure I'm comfortable with that.  What's the difference between them and, say, Buyee and what are their fees like?  Sorry bout all the questions.  I've never used a proxy service, though, so I'd like to pick the right one.

Yes. Totally normal. 
 

They own Buyee, but process is slightly different. Fees are similar to Buyee - actually, a little less I think. Usually very nominal considering the service being provided.

 That being said, I only use them for Macross since I can’t get that anywhere outside of Japan (unless secondary market).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Tenso's website says you need to send them ID copies to use their service.  Is that normal?  Not sure I'm comfortable with that.  What's the difference between them and, say, Buyee and what are their fees like?  Sorry bout all the questions.  I've never used a proxy service, though, so I'd like to pick the right one.

They have to verify your identity to comply with Japanese law. From Tenso's site:

"According to Japanese law, package forwarding companies must perform an identity and address verification from 1st April, 2013."

It's one thing to have a company directly ship you something that they purchase on your behalf (proxy), I guess it's another to effectively give you a domestic address and let you ship random stuff to yourself internationally (forwarding).

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yes. Totally normal. 
 

They own Buyee, but process is slightly different. Fees are similar to Buyee - actually, a little less I think. Usually very nominal considering the service being provided.

 That being said, I only use them for Macross since I can’t get that anywhere outside of Japan (unless secondary market).

 

49 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

They have to verify your identity to comply with Japanese law. From Tenso's site:

"According to Japanese law, package forwarding companies must perform an identity and address verification from 1st April, 2013."

It's one thing to have a company directly ship you something that they purchase on your behalf (proxy), I guess it's another to effectively give you a domestic address and let you ship random stuff to yourself internationally (forwarding).

Cool.  Thanks, y'all.  Makes me feel a bit better about trying it, then. Much like DYRL VF-1S, I'd pretty much only be using it for the Robotech Macross items Amazon.jp and others won't ship to the US.

Thanks for explaining the difference between the two Anasazi.  That makes sense and would explain why they'd need some form of ID.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Tenso's website says you need to send them ID copies to use their service.  Is that normal?  Not sure I'm comfortable with that.  What's the difference between them and, say, Buyee and what are their fees like?  Sorry bout all the questions.  I've never used a proxy service, though, so I'd like to pick the right one.

The ID is normal , you just need to take a pic and sent it to them .  They need your ID because you are using their address .   Think of it like renting a mailbox or a P.O. Box ,  any of those places will also require your ID .           It’s the same company but they deal with different services .   You can probably use buyees amazon jp add on too but I do not know how fast that add on places the order ,  if it’s not real time then it might not place the order in time .  With tenso you are the one that’s placing directly on amazon.jp

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, F360 said:

The ID is normal , you just need to take a pic and sent it to them .  They need your ID because you are using their address .   Think of it like renting a mailbox or a P.O. Box ,  any of those places will also require your ID .           It’s the same company but they deal with different services .   You can probably use buyees amazon jp add on too but I do not know how fast that add on places the order ,  if it’s not real time then it might not place the order in time .  With tenso you are the one that’s placing directly on amazon.jp

Is there an English version of the address I need to enter into Amazon.jp or do I need to do it on the Japanese language version?  I'm trying to enter the proxy address as an alternate address but have no idea what to enter in.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Is there an English version of the address I need to enter into Amazon.jp or do I need to do it on the Japanese language version?  I'm trying to enter the proxy address as an alternate address but have no idea what to enter in.  

Once you're all set and confirmed, Tenso has a link under the right corner of your Shipping Address that says:

Quote

How to enter your tenso address.

Select that and it tells you exactly what to input for AJ and others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Once you're all set and confirmed, Tenso has a link under the right corner of your Shipping Address that says:

Select that and it tells you exactly what to input for AJ and others.

I saw that but everything's in Japanese. It shows how to enter it into the Japanese language page. The only language other than English I speak is Ebonics and the alphabet looks nothing like that.  Scrolled down a bit, though and saw the Rakuten section is in English.  Maybe that'll work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

 

Cool.  Thanks, y'all.  Makes me feel a bit better about trying it, then. Much like DYRL VF-1S, I'd pretty much only be using it for the Robotech Macross items Amazon.jp and others won't ship to the US.

Thanks for explaining the difference between the two Anasazi.  That makes sense and would explain why they'd need some form of ID.

Happy to help :good:

22 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Is there an English version of the address I need to enter into Amazon.jp or do I need to do it on the Japanese language version?  I'm trying to enter the proxy address as an alternate address but have no idea what to enter in.  

Tenso is really good about generating multiple versions of your address for you, like @DYRL VF-1S said. They have options for a bunch of different sites, including AJ. Mine looks like this:

image.thumb.png.0b49a1b7e5b6675030511a7ebaf13885.png

First blacked out box is your name, second is your unique Tenso ID.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I saw that but everything's in Japanese. It shows how to enter it into the Japanese language page. The only language other than English I speak is Ebonics and the alphabet looks nothing like that.  Scrolled down a bit, though and saw the Rakuten section is in English.  Maybe that'll work.

It depends on the site you're trying to put the address into. The Rakuten Global Market format is the most reliable English one, in my experience. For AJ, I think I'm using the straight-up Japanese version, just to be safe.

Edited by Anasazi37
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I saw that but everything's in Japanese. It shows how to enter it into the Japanese language page. The only language other than English I speak is Ebonics and the alphabet looks nothing like that.  Scrolled down a bit, though and saw the Rakuten section is in English.  Maybe that'll work.

Here's how mine actually looks on the English version of AJ

image.thumb.png.7486c52a449bf701ba6cbc14111b0126.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mantisfists said:

Thanks, man.  That helps a lot.  This is pretty much how all the other templates look to my eyes....

image.thumb.gif.d4a0223a01f82a5d7eb8897128d304dd.gif

 

:rofl: Nice Heptapod reference. I probably used Google Translate to figure out where to put everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites

When I setup my tenso account, I did not use google translate , just the default amazon language change option.

on Tenso, if you guys scroll down a bit and click on the "(>) Actual registration page " it will reference on how it will look on amazon,jp and other sites.  But be sure you are looking at the same section for your store.   Also these are example references,, DO NOT USE THEIR  "TS123456"

 

tenso.thumb.PNG.cbdd8a0b1a02d610c6405ccb9e65ec7a.PNG

 

image.thumb.png.2c88b2aa8511d7b0242bcb9fd083ffab.png

 

Go into your amazon.jp add address section.   (if it's in english, i'll look like below).. all you have to go is click on the japan flag v and select JP

 

tenso3.thumb.png.47e840c0a60b2fd8515cfa4a69556d46.png

 

after you change it to JP it will look pretty much exactly like the example that tenso shown for reference..  just copy and paste from you actually japanese address info.. 

and then orange button at the bottom.... now you can go and change your language back to english. 

NOT TS123456....... use the one that assigned to you.B))

image.thumb.png.c6768c72e661ca490ec4b6a74710640f.png

 

After writing all this it sounds must more complicated than it actually is. .. but it's very easy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The extra thing to keep watch for this time is the shipping cost. Some places will have much higher shipping cost than others.
This set includes the extra Flight display stand ,making this box bigger and heavier to ship. (similar to the first release dx VF-1J)

CDjapan is charging 9757 yen (US$ 93.22) for Fedex shipping to the USA for this item,. :wacko:

So even if you got it on preorder price of 18000.. Add in FedEx 9757 yen, the total ends up at 27757, yen. :(  at least I will get some cdjapan points back. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, valkfighter said:

Tamashi nations press release: We will deliver information on "DX Chogokin VF-1D Valkyrie" which will be exhibited for the first time

 

https://www.bandainamco.co.jp/cgi-bin/releases/index.cgi/press/10061?entry_id=6991

I'm shocked!:shok:

I wonder if they will actually include a Minmay figure for the back seat or leave us hanging like the HMR...................Oh wait, Minmay figure 4900 yen. Tamashi Web Exclusive! :lol:

Edited by sqidd
Link to post
Share on other sites

complete translation

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross, Macross F, Macross ΔDX Chogokin & LIVE Information Zentradi Prime Special!
6th (Fri) 20: 00- MC: Yuichi Hatanaka Guest: Minori Suzuki, Nozomi Nishida
Information on "DX Chogokin VF-1S Valkyrie Roy Focker Special" just before the release and now
We will deliver information on "DX Chogokin VF-1D Valkyrie" which will be exhibited for the first time. Also, "Mc
Introducing information on the live performance of "Loss F" and the new movie version of "Macross Delta".

 

 

Edited by valkfighter
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Ooooooh.....Nice! I can dig that. Was reaaaaaalllly hoping to complete the Vermillion Squad though.

Brilliant release strategy. String out the stuff that everyone wants and pepper the not so popular stuff in between. More people will buy the not so popular stuff just to get their fix. I don't want a VF-1D........................................but I'll probably get one anyway!:rofl:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Brilliant release strategy. String out the stuff that everyone wants and pepper the not so popular stuff in between. More people will buy the not so popular stuff just to get their fix.

Agreed. Time to sell off my HMR valks. LOL I primarily have them as a cheaper alternative for the VF-4G and VF-1D. I pre-ordered Arcadia's 4G and now I'll be getting the DX 1D.

They better make this a two-seater and include Minmei!!!!! And I want a canopy that can be removed and held by the Roy 1S!!!

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I don't want a VF-1D........................................but I'll probably get one anyway!

Yeah you will!!! :rofl:

Edited by DYRL VF-1S
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Agreed. Time to sell off my HMR valks. LOL I primarily have them as a cheaper alternative for the VF-4G and VF-1D. I pre-ordered Arcadia's 4G and now I'll be getting the DX 1D.

They better make this a two-seater and include Minmei!!!!! And I want a canopy that can be removed and held by the Roy 1S!!!

Yeah you will!!! :rofl:

Well, the only thing keeping me from having a SDFM 1/48 shelf was the lack of the 1D. So yeah, I'll probably get one and keep it in the box until I decide what to do.

I need to curtail toy spending a bit.......................................................I bought too many guns recently.:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, I see the GBP-1S, in standard colors and in Roy's colors or what what looks like yellow instead of red. Also, the one at the far left seems to be housing what looks like a Max 1J underneath

Untitled.jpg

Edited by BlueMax
Added screenshot
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...