Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

14 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Honestly, the answer is: Are you willing to pay for that? If so, then not too much. Many of us got it for like 25k with shipping at initial PO. So as long as that includes shipping, it’s not horrible for aftermarket.

None right now except a couple questionable places that are known to not always deliver and for like 35k. It sold out in seconds on PO night. Best to wait until around release.

Thanks. I guess I'll wait.

14 hours ago, betocc said:

I heard nin-nin is not that reliable with pre-orders. Seemed like they always take in too many orders and unable to fulfill. I guess I'll skip. No intention to wait with high expectations. 

But much appreciated  for letting me know.

9 hours ago, sqidd said:

DYRL Final Battle Scene. Who's got pics of their DX posed like this? I've been messing with it for about an hour and I can't cheat the anime magic enough to feel all fuzzy abut it. I can get both hands on the gun pod and really, really close to the pic. But, then the Strike Cannon is not pointed the same direction. The Gun pod has to go across the body at an angle for both hands to reach. Which is actually picture accurate. But then the Strike Cannon isn't pointed the same way.  It's bugging me that I can't get that. I'm also curious what you guys did with the legs. The RH leg looks like it's come up and is bent at the knee. I'm not sure what the LH leg ends up doing. I stopped the video at the last second (1:43:39 in the video below) before it cuts to the close up and it's not very telling. Screen shot of last second below. Also video.

My Hikaru DX is posed that way--as much as the toy allows. Same with my Hikaru HMR. There's only so much you can do with the shoulders. I have both legs slightly bent, as if the valk was just pushed backwards from the force of blasting Boddole Zer. I left the head lasers upright because to me they look really weird pointed forward. And the wings with four UUM-7 boxes on them have to be extended further than in the anime so the arms with armor on them can move freely.

10 hours ago, sqidd said:

DYRL Final Battle Scene. Who's got pics of their DX posed like this? I've been messing with it for about an hour and I can't cheat the anime magic enough to feel all fuzzy abut it. I can get both hands on the gun pod and really, really close to the pic. But, then the Strike Cannon is not pointed the same direction. The Gun pod has to go across the body at an angle for both hands to reach. Which is actually picture accurate. But then the Strike Cannon isn't pointed the same way.  It's bugging me that I can't get that. I'm also curious what you guys did with the legs. The RH leg looks like it's come up and is bent at the knee. I'm not sure what the LH leg ends up doing. I stopped the video at the last second (1:43:39 in the video below) before it cuts to the close up and it's not very telling. Screen shot of last second below. Also video.

Yeah this is the best I could come up with. And I’m happy with it.

3CB993FB-A18A-424B-AD36-1254E290BDA0.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

My Hikaru DX is posed that way--as much as the toy allows. Same with my Hikaru HMR. There's only so much you can do with the shoulders. I have both legs slightly bent, as if the valk was just pushed backwards from the force of blasting Boddole Zer. I left the head lasers upright because to me they look really weird pointed forward. And the wings with four UUM-7 boxes on them have to be extended further than in the anime so the arms with armor on them can move freely.

I can't deal with the head lasers either. Screw cannon!:lol:

7 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah this is the best I could come up with. And I’m happy with it.

3CB993FB-A18A-424B-AD36-1254E290BDA0.jpeg

Thanks!

I may take another shot at this tonight. I'm just not getting the warm and fuzzies.

10 hours ago, RedComet said:

Eh, don't let the impossibility of the pose get to you. I always thought all of it was a bit overkill to murder an unarmed old man (albeit a giant one).

Unarmed? Um... Isn't he a head in a jar wired directly into his mobile fortress, and therefore it's armament? 

And screw him anyway! He ruined our planet for nothing!;)

1 hour ago, slide said:

Unarmed? Um... Isn't he a head in a jar wired directly into his mobile fortress, and therefore it's armament? 

And screw him anyway! He ruined our planet for nothing!;)

That always confused me. Lets say DYRL fits in the cannon as a movie so the world tour of finding no life doesn't count. Does the Grand Cannon just protect a lot of the Pacific Rim? But the earth is still so ruined that it is pretty much uninhabitable? Is that how they have A) Enough people to fill up these ships in 7 and Frontier B)The need to do so C)All that random stuff from SF and Tokyo to cram in a big space bubble. I know it's off topic, but this has confused me ever since I made it past Plus.

38 minutes ago, RedComet said:

That always confused me. Lets say DYRL fits in the cannon as a movie so the world tour of finding no life doesn't count. Does the Grand Cannon just protect a lot of the Pacific Rim? But the earth is still so ruined that it is pretty much uninhabitable? Is that how they have A) Enough people to fill up these ships in 7 and Frontier B)The need to do so C)All that random stuff from SF and Tokyo to cram in a big space bubble. I know it's off topic, but this has confused me ever since I made it past Plus.

Did you mean doesn't?

38 minutes ago, Angesdad said:

As far as the final attack pose, I find this to be really good and dynamic considering the articulation limitations of the toy.^_^

4AF1065A-1A45-485B-B559-434208CEAFD0.thumb.jpeg.63ef9661d6592e5bcff93f52340c4857.jpeg

That's a good shot!:good:

12 hours ago, RedComet said:

Eh, don't let the impossibility of the pose get to you. I always thought all of it was a bit overkill to murder an unarmed old man (albeit a giant one).

What you call overkill, I call assured victory. Lol. Did you see how tiny those bullet holes were!? If it were me I would have fired a reaction missile just to be sure I got that bastard!

16 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

Screencap of my Nin-Nin invoice:

image.thumb.png.b25db6cdb7ec97bf2d6f40694076c545.png

I'm reading the -10% as both the discount and the chance of actually receiving my Roy from them. I've been screwed again and again on PO nights, never managing to get one. If it was finally going to happen, I was hoping it would be for Roy because he's my favorite, and it did! After securing the order, though, I started hearing about what Nin-Nin has done on previous POs and it makes me...skeptical. <_<

That "discount" is probably discounting from your original chance of getting it through the pre-order. so if it was 10% before, it's now 0% :p

2 hours ago, LRS said:

I just realized where those arm missiles are stored when in fighter mode. Does that mean a super vf-1 could fire those missiles backwards? 

Yes it can. 

I believe that we discussed this to a degree and it's buried somewhere in the threads. @sqidd and @Lolicon can possibly dig up this discussion and repost it here when they find it.  

Edit: Or is purely animation error and magic? 8P 

Edited by borgified

On 9/6/2020 at 7:29 PM, Shizuka the Cat said:

OMG!  OMG!

I just got an email from Nippon-Yasan. 

They are finally processing the DX Chogokin VF-1 Super/Strike Parts that I had pre-ordered and paid for back on June 6th, 2019.

I am amazed.  I thought my order had disappeared into the internet void.

Time to do a happy dance with my cats!

@Shizuka the Cat Any update if they came through? I paid on 6/12, just one and reached out to see if I had a better chance of being fulfilled since I didn’t buy multiples. 

2 hours ago, gerwookie said:

@Shizuka the Cat Any update if they came through? I paid on 6/12, just one and reached out to see if I had a better chance of being fulfilled since I didn’t buy multiples. 

22 days after Nippon Yasan notified me that my original 6/6/2019 pre-order was finally being processed, the order status still says "preparation in progress".

*sigh*  Maybe I got my hopes up too soon.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

22 days after Nippon Yasan notified me that my original 6/6/2019 pre-order was finally being processed, the order status still says "preparation in progress".

*sigh*  Maybe I got my hopes up too soon.

Just wait until you get the dreaded “if you select a better shipping options and pay more we will get it to you,” bullsh^t. Then turn around and send nothing.

Honestly, they’re lack of customer focus has really turned me away from buying anything from their shop.

5 hours ago, borgified said:

Jungle has Kakizaki for 25,300 sealed if anyone wants it.

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/products/detail/474493

Edit: * Note: 2 copies available * 

Damnit.  Just ordered 1.  This will be my second 1/48 DX.  I haven’t received the one I ordered from Mandarake yet even with DHL it’s been well over a week. :(

17 minutes ago, SilentH said:

Damnit.  Just ordered 1.  This will be my second 1/48 DX.  I haven’t received the one I ordered from Mandarake yet even with DHL it’s been well over a week. :(

Did you check the tracking info?

Over in the US DHL usually delivers in half a week at most.

1 hour ago, SilentH said:

I have ordered DOZENS of things from Japan through DHL since April, and despite occasional delays only ever had 1 SSP get lost (which super sucked). Your odds are really good of it turning up! :D

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Did you check the tracking info?

Over in the US DHL usually delivers in half a week at most.

That’s been my experience as well until recently.

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

I have ordered DOZENS of things from Japan through DHL since April, and despite occasional delays only ever had 1 SSP get lost (which super sucked). Your odds are really good of it turning up! :D

Not too worried.  The package has been sitting in San Francisco for four days.

1 hour ago, sqidd said:

What did shipping run?

4540 yen.

23 minutes ago, SilentH said:

That’s been my experience as well until recently.

Not too worried.  The package has been sitting in San Francisco for four days.

4540 yen.

maybe it was bumped due to the protest on Friday.  .. If it's in San Francisco then their DHL Express ServicePoint is at 401 23rd St which closes at 8pm.

you can check and go pick it up if needed if you live in SF or close by. 

So after messing with this forever this is as close as I could get. I cheated anime magic as much as I could. And for those playing at home I don't like the head lasers pointing forward. Couldn't do it. Well, I did it. I couldn't live with it.:D Now the question is what to do with the other Skull Squadron Valks on the shelf. They look pretty boring just standing there.:unknw:

IMG_7218.thumb.JPG.7edfc52ff5d69dcf9e6d327c4a6e9d9f.JPG

The money shot

1822987396_TheSuperDimensionFortressMacrossDoYouRememberLove151817.thumb.jpg.4814fbd57ca8e611dac8dc0767363412.jpg

One second before the money shot

2.1.thumb.jpg.6f9ec5c670a205e3613aa210a1c990f4.jpg

2 hours ago, F360 said:

maybe it was bumped due to the protest on Friday.  .. If it's in San Francisco then their DHL Express ServicePoint is at 401 23rd St which closes at 8pm.

you can check and go pick it up if needed if you live in SF or close by. 

Forgot about the protest last Friday.  The delivery is now scheduled for tomorrow.

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

That's quite reasonable.

Exchange rate says that's $282.99 with shipping. How close did you get to that after fees/conversion stuff?

My Mandarake order for Max was $261 total including DHL.  My jungle order is still pending.