Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

35 minutes ago, borgified said:

Final selling price. 

I assume you mean the price I paid for mine back when they first came out?

I got one from CDJapan for ¥26200 shipped. Without shipping, it was ¥22000.

Another was from HLJ for ¥20900 before shipping. I'm not sure how much shipping was because I had it shipped together with a Messer 31F. So shipping was ¥5300. It's probably around ¥4200 if it were to be shipped by itself.

43 minutes ago, borgified said:

Final selling price. 

Still steep for me if I was to get it sent to Canada - 28.4k yen plus 3.2k yen import fee =  31.6k yen. 

That a set of snows tires for my car to be honest. 

What brand of snow tires? Continentals? Bridgestones? Michelin PSS? Inquiring minds want to know.

Mandarake has Hikaru's VF-1S for 26k yen here

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1147672278&ref=list&keyword=dx vf1&lang=en

And a set of movie strike parts for 12k.  I'm pissed because I've been looking for these for a while but they're from the Complex/Akihabara site.  No way I'm paying their shipping.  Anyway, link's here...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1126326850&ref=list&keyword=dx vf1&lang=en

Also, missile set for 9k

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1112611395&ref=list&keyword=dx vf1&lang=en

Edited by mantisfists

3 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1147672278&ref=list&keyword=dx vf1&lang=en

And a set of movie strike parts for 12k.  I'm pissed because I've been looking for these for a while but they're from the Complex/Akihabara site.  No way I'm paying their shipping.  Anyway, link's here...

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1126326850&ref=list&keyword=dx vf1&lang=en

Strike parts gone. Not bad price! What is their shipping?

4 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Super Parts Gone 

12 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

Damn.  Sorry guys. That was fast....as usual. Not a bad price for the strike parts, but up 100 yen from two weeks ago.  Complex/Akihabara charged me 7.8k yen to ship a 1J to me a couple weeks ago.  Same day I bought the 1J, I bought some super parts.  Nakano shipped them for 1,670 yen, in a box that was almost the same size as the box the 1J came in.  In the time since, I've ordered 3 more DX Vf1s, none of which cost more than 4.5k to ship.  I just won't buy anything if it's from that location again.  Even if the price is good, I end up paying the same price I would have anywhere else....at least shipped to me from them.

Edited by mantisfists

6 minutes ago, CeramicDragon said:

From Nakano Store to Mexico by EMS one month ago it was 2,720 yens. 

People say Complex charges more but I have been charged the same from Nayuta store for the same item (DX YF-19), 5,200 yens by EMS. 

6 minutes ago, betocc said:

People say Complex charges more but I have been charged the same from Nayuta store for the same item (DX YF-19), 5,200 yens by EMS. 

I also bought a DX YF-19 from Mandarake Umeda and was charged 5,200 yen by EMS to Canada.  I bought a set of DX super strike parts and missiles about two weeks ago and Nakano charged 2,650 yen shipping via Registered Airmail.  It seems there was also two DX Kakizaki's on Mandarake within the last 30 min.  Both sealed, one for 22k and one for 20k which sold pretty quickly.

12 minutes ago, betocc said:

I was tempted to try it and see.....I even had the parts in my cart with the curser over the buy button.  Just didn't want to take the chance of feeling ripped off again.  Besides, been spending WAY too much lately.  Don't know how much more before my wife goes from rolling her eyes to rolling her Michelins.

I've bought 2 DXs, 2 missile sets, and a strike pack from Mandarake and the only time I felt like I was over charged for shipping was from the Complex/Akihabara store.  I don't know if there are different locations in the Complex grouping, but that one jacked me, I feel.  If the strike parts were from any other site, I'd have another strike set I'd be expecting.  In fact, if the person who got those strike parts is on this forum, would you mind letting me know what shipping ended up being.  I'd love to know if it was just a one time thing that happened to me or not.  I passed on another great deal earlier last week simply because it was from that site.

Edited by mantisfists

Since you where talking about the SSP set, @mantisfists, I got a set from either Nagoya/Nakano/Complex (don't remember which one exactly) for 12k yen and 3.7k yen EMS to Canada sometime in February before the clamp down of sending packages to overseas. 

EMS shipping is still a go to Canada and I haven't got anything since then. 

16 hours ago, zeroprimal said:

Has anyone else had this problem?  It’s my 1J that hasn’t been transformed more than 3 times. I haven’t forced anything, these pieces just popped apart.

My VF-1S arrived like this from Nippon-Yasan. Not wanting to deal with the hassle of a return (NY had already shipped it late, got my address wrong, and then delayed for a month sending it back), I just glued it back together myself and haven't had an issue since. Transformed it multiple times since doing the repair, too.

17 hours ago, CeramicDragon said:

I picked it up, and the shipping they quoted is 1,935 yen to Ontario, Canada via Air SP registered. This my 3rd set from Manda and the other two branches charged exactly the same. Not sure how Complex branch is known to charge more..

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

I picked it up, and the shipping they quoted is 1,935 yen to Ontario, Canada via Air SP registered. This my 3rd set from Manda and the other two branches charged exactly the same. Not sure how Complex branch is known to charge more..

This is why Complex is known to charge more

Untitled.png.2b3fc5e00ac5ee0a032b97564a1d113b.pngThe invoice for this 1J still pisses me off.  It's WAAY more than I wanted to pay for one of these to begin with.  I felt stupid for paying it, in fact.  But, this was by far my favorite Valk and I let my nostalgia get the better of me, even though I already had this in the Yamato 1/48 variant (which I love). Guess I got swept up in the hype. But, when I saw what shipping was going to cost me, on top of over paying as much as I did for this toy.....ugh. Aside from all that, that's a considerable amount more for shipping as Nakano charged me for my Max 1A

Untitled.png.5de733da767da283619f18b0d036b447.png

Nakano also only charged me 1,670 Yen for shipping on my strike parts.  I don't know if it's a US thing or not, but if shipping was only going to be what Angesdad paid, I would have snatched those strike parts up in a heartbeat. 

Edited by mantisfists

13 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Untitled.png.2b3fc5e00ac5ee0a032b97564a1d113b.pngThe invoice for this 1J still pisses me off.  It's WAAY more than I wanted to pay for one of these to begin with.  I felt stupid for paying it, in fact.  But, this was by far my favorite Valk and I let my nostalgia get the better of me, even though I already had this in the Yamato 1/48 variant (which I love). Guess I got swept up in the hype. Aside from all that, that's a considerable amount more for shipping as Nakano charged me for my Max 1A

Nakano also only charged me 1,670 Yen for shipping on my strike parts.  I don't know if it's a US thing or not, but if shipping was only going to be what Angesdad paid, I would have snatched those strike parts up in a heartbeat. 

The vf-1J first release includes the flight display stand .  That added weight and size to the item which will increase shipping cost.   

There's brackets on weight, depending on how it's packed or the shipping box used. once it's over the amount it jumps to the next price bracket.

example: once it's over 2000g it's will cost much more. ..  even if it goes over by 1g. 

example:  box size measurement can affect the price too since it's by Dem weight. 

Edited by F360

39 minutes ago, F360 said:

The vf-1J first release includes the flight display stand .  That added weight and size to the item which will increase shipping cost.   

There's brackets on weight, depending on how it's packed or the shipping box used. once it's over the amount it jumps to the next price bracket.

example: once it's over 2000g it's will cost much more. ..  even if it goes over by 1g. 

example:  box size measurement can affect the price too since it's by Dem weight. 

Yeah, I paid the same price for shipping back in April when I scored my lightly used one. YF-19 with all of its accessories cost the same amount to ship.

755569961_ScreenShot2020-09-12at6_21_05PM.png.249ae9833d01e37984039d10bdf1866a.png

1 hour ago, mantisfists said:

Untitled.png.2b3fc5e00ac5ee0a032b97564a1d113b.pngThe invoice for this 1J still pisses me off.  It's WAAY more than I wanted to pay for one of these to begin with.  I felt stupid for paying it, in fact.  But, this was by far my favorite Valk and I let my nostalgia get the better of me, even though I already had this in the Yamato 1/48 variant (which I love). Guess I got swept up in the hype. But, when I saw what shipping was going to cost me, on top of over paying as much as I did for this toy.....ugh. Aside from all that, that's a considerable amount more for shipping as Nakano charged me for my Max 1A

Just another data point, I also got strike parts from Anime Jungle shipped to Canada via air mail small packet about a week ago and they charged me 2495 yen for shipping.  Base price from jungle for the sealed set was 13,200 but they also charge an extra 5% because I paid with paypal.  In the end, I just decided to pay a bit more as I was just tired of staying up at 5am refreshing every 30s for new ones to pop up at Mandarake : P  I passed on the DX Strike last night at Mandarake for 26000 yen, but today when rearranging the cabinet, I decided I'd like to get another to display in battroid and leave the other in fighter mode, so the hunt will continue...

22 hours ago, borgified said:

Still steep for me if I was to get it sent to Canada - 28.4k yen plus 3.2k yen import fee =  31.6k yen. 

That a set of snows tires for my car to be honest. 

I’ve only bought Masterpiece Transformers from Amazon Japan but for the last year or so they have been refunding my import fees 100% a month or so after delivery. I have no idea why but other TF collectors are having the same thing happen. Now that is also buying directly from AJ and not a third party seller. I have no idea if it happens with Bandai DX stuff. 

56 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Yeah, I paid the same price for shipping back in April when I scored my lightly used one. YF-19 with all of its accessories cost the same amount to ship.

755569961_ScreenShot2020-09-12at6_21_05PM.png.249ae9833d01e37984039d10bdf1866a.png

I paid 5,250 yens using EMS to Mexico for a VF1J shipped from Sapporo on May

Then I paid 5,900 yens for a VF1J + Super Parts from Nakano on June

And finally 5,300 yens for a VF1J + Missile Set from Nakano on June

1 hour ago, F360 said:

I get the 1J has a larger box because of the included stand.  But the box they shipped it in was about the same size as the box the 1A was shipped in.  And, while the difference in weight is about half a kilo (1.7Kg to 1.2Kg), according to Mandarake's own DHL estimate, that's only a difference of 300 Yen, not 3,000. That just doesn't add up.  Maybe at some point, I'll try them again just to see what happens.  It'll probably be a while for me, though.

Edit:  By the way, I'm not saying Mandarake is bad, by any means...quite the contrary, actually.  I'm just saying that the one location seems to have very high shipping rates so if I see anything being sold from their location, I don't buy it.  I actually love Mandarake.  Just wanted to make that clear.  And if I have how they're calculating shipping wrong, I would love to know or understand it.  

Edited by mantisfists

2 hours ago, mantisfists said:

I don't know if it's a US thing or not, but if shipping was only going to be what Angesdad paid, I would have snatched those strike parts up in a heartbeat. 

We have a choice between DHL and DHL in the States. It's going to cost us more for everything.

4 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I get the 1J has a larger box because of the included stand.  But the box they shipped it in was about the same size as the box the 1A was shipped in.  And, while the difference in weight is about half a kilo (1.7Kg to 1.2Kg), according to Mandarake's own DHL estimate, that's only a difference of 300 Yen, not 3,000. That just doesn't add up.  Maybe at some point, I'll try them again just to see what happens.  It'll probably be a while for me, though.

Mandarake only has a few sizes of boxes. While it doesn’t matter much for EMS, DHL prices will jump suddenly beyond certain dimensions, and if it exceeds 4kg by a gram it gets even more insane.