Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, RedComet said:

How much are the import duties on something like that?

 

not sure yet i didnt get charged anything from fedex.. maybe because my last payment to mykombini was the shipping they put in the final invoice just 2000 yen 

maybe i got lucky 

 

or maybe  they will hit me with a bill later

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I honestly don't notice unless someone points it out.

In the past I never gave it a second thought either, believe it or not. Then that rat bastard @wm cheng told me to try painting the landing gear on my VF-25F way back when, and now I can't stand the unpainted gear. :unknw:

 

15 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, don't take that any way other than I couldn't think of a better word to use when I was inspired by this:

 

Your work is beautiful and if my Valks came looking the way you make them, I'd be impressed, most impressed.

Haha thanks. Ironically enough, my DX's actually spend most of their time in battroid mode, despite all the time i put into making fighter look better.

I just want them as pretty as possible when they're on display. :ph34r:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

In the past I never gave it a second thought either, believe it or not. Then that rat bastard @wm cheng told me to try painting the landing gear on my VF-25F way back when, and now I can't stand the unpainted gear. :unknw:

 

Haha thanks. Ironically enough, my DX's actually spend most of their time in battroid mode, despite all the time i put into making fighter look better.

I just want them as pretty as possible when they're on display. :ph34r:

Yeah, I totally get it and have utmost respect to those like you who have the talent, ability and lack the OCD of not wanting to alter their toys like I have to do these custom jobs. So basically, I love seeing stuff like that but I rarely display my Valks with landing gears out so I don't need to worry about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

NICE!!! Damn man, you did not hesitate to paint that landing gear. 

Say it with me, "It looks so much better that way!!" :D

Thanks. :) As mentioned above, it's strange I do that since they're usually in battroid mode, and my other 1/60 valks spend their display time in-flight on Yeti stands, so the landing gear are rarely seen outside of photo taking times.

This is all @wm cheng's fault! :angry:

Link to post
Share on other sites

All these mecha look SO much better, in my opinion, with the panel lines darkened.  I really wish these came like that.  The Bandai's seem to be a bit deeper than the Yamato 1/48, which make them pop a bit more when they're undone, but, man.....these things are stunning when the panel lines are filled in.  Nice job, Lolicon.  

Edited by mantisfists
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well you guys have made me spend way more than I had planned to over these years, so I guess we're even!!! :wub:

Nice work BTW! @Lolicon

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

I'm starting to be really glad I never threw any money at them for the TV Super Parts.

I feel so silly for ordering TWE from them after the 31A fiasco. I should have my head examined. 

29 minutes ago, spanner said:

Still nothing from NY about my Kakizaki. And they never responded to my inquiry about the Super Parts Set.. 

You’re in good company:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, RedComet said:

Thanks for answering my questions! You figure there are enough kills for 4 Valks? Looks like they go in matching sets on both sides right? Except any of the sets had too many kills for Kaki himself :p

So...do I need to create a supplemental decal set with kill markings and maybe some other stuff? I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. Those could be easily sized up to 1/48. Simple silhouettes at the moment, covering a wide array of enemy mecha.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I feel so silly for ordering TWE from them after the 31A fiasco. I should have my head examined. 

Compared to this, the 31a event was way better. Their communication may have sucked, but at least they delivered. Eventually.

Now they're just taking people's money and only giving them back store credit because they overcommitted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad that kakizaki is available for a small markup (about USD50) from PO price. I only have myself to blame for not doing PO via proxy when the window open.

I was also abel to pickup Max from AJ right after release date for a good price.

I hope this trend will be true for all future releases. So no need to panic if you missed PO.

I panicked and pay for PO on Yahoo or Ebay when I missed PO. All of my attempts (3 times) never work out. They are all scammers. I manage to get my money back via PayPal except for the one time with yahoo auction via FromJapan.

I have given up hope for the $210 I paid but today, out of the blue, FromJapan refunded my payment in full. :) 

 

Edit: fixed typo

Edited by kkx
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

So...do I need to create a supplemental decal set with kill markings and maybe some other stuff? I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. Those could be easily sized up to 1/48. Simple silhouettes at the moment, covering a wide array of enemy mecha.

I mean I would want some B)) and another member is looking to turn a Kaki into a Max 1A maybe, so would need a pair of big 013 and probably 2LT rank/name? And while we are at it, maybe a pair of big 011 and and the Hikki ranks? In for a penny in for a pound right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

If some real life WW2 ace shot down this many Nazis, how many kills do you think Max had by the time he fought Milia in DYRL? (He must have a lot off-screen, cause we don't see him for a month right?)

image.png.308bbd479cf7e9238d6b2a071b579a57.png

image.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. 

don't keep that set a secret when it's available please!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedComet said:

If some real life WW2 ace shot down this many Nazis, how many kills do you think Max had by the time he fought Milia in DYRL? (He must have a lot off-screen, cause we don't see him for a month right?)

image.png.308bbd479cf7e9238d6b2a071b579a57.png

I think Max is the type who wouldn't keep a score-board... at least not publicly.

if he did, his entire nose would be covered

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slide said:

I think Max is the type who wouldn't keep a score-board... at least not publicly.

if he did, his entire nose would be covered

And be a flying target for Milia to shoot down in her Q-Rau no holds barred like Kakizaki. 

Unless your like Basara: "Listen to my song!!" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slide said:

I think Max is the type who wouldn't keep a score-board... at least not publicly.

if he did, his entire nose would be covered

I feel like the pilots don't apply them themselves or anything, it's more like something the Skull Squadron ground crew would do to boost morale.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

So...do I need to create a supplemental decal set with kill markings and maybe some other stuff? I'm working with another MW member on a set of kill markings for 1/72 kits. Those could be easily sized up to 1/48. Simple silhouettes at the moment, covering a wide array of enemy mecha.

I have one of Milia's

 

20200903_221206.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 3:56 AM, Lolicon said:

It sure would look a lot better and save me a lot of hassle if Bandai would just paint them at the factory before assembling it. :lol:

50300881477_66582598ca_o.jpg

Hi Lolicon I see you've attached the skull decal by the canopy which looks great :) Small details do count eh. Just wondering if you recommend using a topcoat to seal the deal or the supplied Bandai water slide decal by itself was sufficient in your experience, thanks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Kaki arrived from NY today. Haven't had a chance to open it yet. I also received a DX YF-19 this week so I went from one DX Valk to three in a few days. Geek overload.

I really love the attention to detail, quality packaging and instructions with the DX stuff. I'm very impressed. I used to only collect Takara MP Transformers and their instructions are crap compared to Bandai.

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

 really love the attention to detail, quality packaging and instructions with the DX stuff. I'm very impressed. I used to only collect Takara MP Transformers and their instructions are crap compared to Bandai.

Some of the 3rd party instructions are crap as well. 

I have both official and 3rd party TFs in my collection.  Considering Macross stuff, it's slowly getting up there as I'm starting to cherry pic on what to get next (tight on space and I can't get another display case as of right now. The Ikea Milsbo is my next choice, however forking our $400 CND is crazy insane just like Zeta's Unicron). 

Glad to see that there are some Canuckle Heads on this forum. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, arcoregon said:

Does anyone remember what the original preorder price of the Roy Focker 1/48 DX at Nippon Yasan was? Thanks! 

They might have jumped right to 200% scalper markup pricing, but they usually list a small number of DX valks at or near MSRP (¥18,000) to start with that don't require prepayment. Then they turn the screws on everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Angesdad said:

Hi Lolicon I see you've attached the skull decal by the canopy which looks great :) Small details do count eh. Just wondering if you recommend using a topcoat to seal the deal or the supplied Bandai water slide decal by itself was sufficient in your experience, thanks. 

Thanks! :) I generally top coat everything to make sure everything is sealed in and protected. However I didn't bother on the last two DX releases as I only added a few small decals that are unlikely to get scratched.

Being cheap with my supplies, in other words. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Thinking of getting a Kakizaki from Nin Nin. Is this a fair price currently? Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/36510-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-version-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-limited-edition.html

It depends. If you're willing to go through a proxy like FromJapan that can purchase it on an auction site and then send it to you, or go through Amazon Japan and have them ship it to a package forwarding service like Tenso, then no. Even with their fees, either option will probably be cheaper than Nin-Nin. Price range for domestic sales is currently ¥21,600 (lowest bid on Yahoo Japan) to ¥26,180 (Amazon Japan). If you're looking for direct overseas shipping from the seller, Nin-Nin's price isn't terrible, but it doesn't include shipping. They charged me $50 for FedEx shipping to the US for my Roy DX preorder, so depending on where you are and how fast you want it, you might be looking at $325 or more for the total bill. :blink: When Nin-Nin has an item in stock, I hear that their service is pretty good. Where they seem to run into trouble is with preorders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CharlesXavier said:

Thinking of getting a Kakizaki from Nin Nin. Is this a fair price currently? Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-game-character/36510-dx-chogokin-macross-movie-version-vf-1a-valkyrie-hayao-kakizaki-use-limited-edition.html

As of a few days ago, you could do better after considering shipping through amazon jp (cause it deducts sales tax when you check out) or through Amazon JP and a proxy like Buyee or Zenmarket (the former is more convenient to use, the latter has slightly cheaper shipping options like FedEx)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

It depends. If you're willing to go through a proxy like FromJapan that can purchase it on an auction site and then send it to you, or go through Amazon Japan and have them ship it to a package forwarding service like Tenso, then no. Even with their fees, either option will probably be cheaper than Nin-Nin. Price range for domestic sales is currently ¥21,600 (lowest bid on Yahoo Japan) to ¥26,180 (Amazon Japan). If you're looking for direct overseas shipping from the seller, Nin-Nin's price isn't terrible, but it doesn't include shipping. They charged me $50 for FedEx shipping to the US for my Roy DX preorder, so depending on where you are and how fast you want it, you might be looking at $325 or more for the total bill. :blink: When Nin-Nin has an item in stock, I hear that their service is pretty good. Where they seem to run into trouble is with preorders.

It's funny when two members post the same advice at the same time :p

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedComet said:

It's funny when two members post the same advice at the same time :p

I feel like we're all developing finely-honed Japanese online shopping survival skills to get these DX valks....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...