Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm still on the fence about picking up a Hayao 1A. Prices on AJ have been okay, but I'm waiting to see what happens when they hit Mandarake and Jungle. Especially a few weeks after release.

I think Manda will have it between 22k yen to 24k yen (unopened, box damaged) and Jungle at 24k yen sealed. I could be wrong to be honest. 

8 hours ago, crackpot said:

Ouch!

Should I add it's for their clash of the bionoids? :spiteful:

I put the clip in because it was the first thing I thought of when burning at the stake came up. I didn't mean anything by it other than that bit is hilarious!:D

3 hours ago, borgified said:

I think Manda will have it between 22k yen to 24k yen (unopened, box damaged) and Jungle at 24k yen sealed. I could be wrong to be honest. 

Seems legit. Add about 7K for DHL shipping if you're in the US though.:(

Just scored a Kakazaki for $240.08 with fees/domestic shipping on YAJ.:yahoo:

I alreday have a MASSIVE pile of loot over there that I'm going to consolidate it with so I'm effectively not going to be paying shipping. It's alreday going to be a $350 size box (32x24x24) with plenty more room (I'm not kidding, I have a lot of stuff over there right now:p). I'll amortize some shipping cost in with it though for my own records. $30-40 or so.

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

14 hours ago, borgified said:

@borgifiednailed it! 22k for unopened, package damaged. Missed this offering overnight. Hope to snag one soon. If nothing else, maybe it will bring the prices down a bit in other places.

23 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Seller I already snagged 2 Kakizaki from (and maybe 4 Hikaru :D) has another up for 22,750 + shipping domestic and foreign, pretty decent price if anyone wants it.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h498335237

Yeah, that's fair. That's about $235-240 with fees and shipping then shipping to the US. Maybe I should get another so you can do a DYRL Max for me.:D 

Unfortunately we all know that I would only trigger Bandai to release  a DYRL Max if I get three customs done.:p

14 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, that's fair. That's about $235-240 with fees and shipping then shipping to the US. Maybe I should get another so you can do a DYRL Max for me.:D 

Unfortunately we all know that I would only trigger Bandai to release  a DYRL Max if I get three customs done.:p

You also would need to chose between a Max 1A and a Max 1S, And whichever one you chose would definitely be the next one Bandai makes B))

So far in the DX VF-1 line up, we got: 

(1) Hikaru's 1j (TV) with Limited Edition stand

(2) Max'a 1a (TV) 

(3) Hikaru 1s (DYRL) 

(4) Kakizaki 1a (DYRL)

(5) Roy's 1s (TV) with the Limited Edition stand [to be released in November]

So are we guessing that Max will be next like what @sqidd guestimated [however maybe a 1J version] ?? :pardon:

Damn.... Where is bbilly when you need him to give us a hint to what's next (I know that we roasted and burnt him to a crisp already). 

29 minutes ago, borgified said:

(2) Max'a 1a (TV) 

(3) Hikaru 1s (DYRL) 

(4) Kakizaki 1a (DYRL)

So are we guessing that Max will be next like what @sqidd guestimated [however maybe a 1J version] ?? :pardon:

Damn.... Where is bbilly when you need him to give us a hint to what's next (I know that we roasted and burnt him to a crisp already). 

I really REALLY hope it is a Max and Milia 2x VF-1J Super Valkyrie with accessories box set for 55,000 yen (+tax) MSRP. Cause that is two walks that I would NOT want to try and custom paint based on the Hikaru 1J :D

4 hours ago, RedComet said:

You also would need to chose between a Max 1A and a Max 1S, And whichever one you chose would definitely be the next one Bandai makes B))

With help from @tekering I have a list of what showed up on screen in DYRL. I've only seen it once. I'm setting a DYRL shelf up and wanted to figure out what to put on it. I was a little bummed when I found out that the Mac 1S only showed up in atmo so no super or strikes. Booooo. I'm not putting naked valks on a DYRL shelf!:p Well, not unless I had a bigger shelf. 1A Max for me.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

(2) Max'a 1a (TV) 

(3) Hikaru 1s (DYRL) 

(4) Kakizaki 1a (DYRL)

That's a tough guesss. The pattern says the next release will be a TV Valk. But is there really a pattern? And is Bandai ready to make a TV Kakazaki or brownie? I'm not real confident in a TV Valk being next.

My gut tells me the next release is going to be a 1A DYRL Max.

M&M 1J box sets would be awesome. I'd have a hell of a time passing those up even though I have three of each in Yamato.

36 minutes ago, sqidd said:

That's a tough guesss. The pattern says the next release will be a TV Valk. But is there really a pattern? And is Bandai ready to make a TV Kakazaki or brownie? I'm not real confident in a TV Valk being next.

My gut tells me the next release is going to be a 1A DYRL Max.

M&M 1J box sets would be awesome. I'd have a hell of a time passing those up even though I have three of each in Yamato.

With the exception of the Max 1A TV (I think), Bandai has telegraphed every single DX release with previews at their trade shows. My money is on a Max 1A DYRL, which would also be consistent with the booster emblems included in the DYRL SSP set. Unless they really want to screw with collectors and release a Roy 1S DYRL right after the TV version, because those emblems are included in the set as well. I'd love to see a Hayao 1A TV or CF 1A next, but I'm not holding my breath. I know several members have speculated that a Hikaru 1A DYRL might happen as a TWE release, complete with its own booster emblems.

11 hours ago, RedComet said:

Seller I already snagged 2 Kakizaki from (and maybe 4 Hikaru :D) has another up for 22,750 + shipping domestic and foreign, pretty decent price if anyone wants it.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h498335237

Scored it, thanks very much! I do have a question for members who have experience purchasing on Yahoo auction jp/Buyee, since this is my first item and I am rather used to the usual suspects such as amiami, hlj, and mandarake. Do you get your stuff safely in a timely fashion using Buyee proxy service? Would you buy the optional “protective packaging service” for 1500 yen?-In my case it will just be one DX VF-1A Kaki, thanks!

5 hours ago, NeoMatter said:

Hi all, just want to let anyone interested know I've decided to offload my DX VF-1J... auction style. I'll be sticking with the Arcadia and 1/60 line in general. Starting $150 CAD and no reserve. Good luck!

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/274476750570

Holy crap, $60 to ship from Ontario to Vancouver?!?

Oh well, what the hell, I'll throw in a bid, but I doubt I'll get it, lol!

Edited by peter

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Scored it, thanks very much! I do have a question for members who have experience purchasing on Yahoo auction jp/Buyee, since this is my first item and I am rather used to the usual suspects such as amiami, hlj, and mandarake. Do you get your stuff safely in a timely fashion using Buyee proxy service? Would you buy the optional “protective packaging service” for 1500 yen?-In my case it will just be one DX VF-1A Kaki, thanks!

No, their protective packaging it totally unnecessary and will greatly raise shipping prices. Just wait til it arrives at the warehouse, then it should ship DHL alone for about 5000 yen and arrive in 3-4 days.

7 hours ago, Angesdad said:

5 hours ago, RedComet said:

No, their protective packaging it totally unnecessary and will greatly raise shipping prices. Just wait til it arrives at the warehouse, then it should ship DHL alone for about 5000 yen and arrive in 3-4 days.

@RedComet careful with absolutes. I just got this through Buyee.  When you don't get the protective packaging they forward it in the same packaging that they got it in. In this case, crap packing. I will not be skipping the protective packaging in the future.;)

package.jpg.d26e7f9ae3d101f2fe53ea5bdae53cfe.jpg

2 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

I would really like to see two seat versions, namely the VF-1D. If they don't make that, then I'm done after Roy's 1S. Unless they make some kind of low vis, that I wouldn't be able to resist, lol.

I'll bet $$$ they will never make a 2 seater, VT or VE.

@sqidd Buyee has an option where you can request a picture of the item as received, too, so you don’t necessarily have to pay extra for repacking in everything. 

it boggles my mind how someone could ship something like that, though. I sometimes wonder if sellers do it when they realize it’s going out of country via tenso.