Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

When I look at Amazon.jp, it shows that it's not released until the 28th.  Did you guys preorder one through them or is there another place I should be looking at?  Sorry for all the questions, y'all.

Hey, it's the same link.  If it says not released until the 28th, it's because the particular seller they are referencing don't have it in stock until the 28th maybe.  When I ordered, there were a few sellers that had it in stock so I could click on "add to cart" but they seem to be sold out now so only the "preorder" option is available.

Edited by vf1
Add more info
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Where on Amazon did you find a seller who would ship to you?  All of the sellers I see say it's unavailable to ship to CA.  I'm in the Bay Area as well.  

There was one seller, with exactly one available.

So I decided to just go for it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

This seller had 2x available this afternoon....and they removed their no shipping to the US restriction, so I jumped on it and got one.
The order 'took' so will see if they change their mind.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B089WGZJDG

Shipped was 28400, so not good, but not bad...

Order Summary
Item(s) Subtotal:¥ 23,900
Shipping & Handling:¥ 4,500
Total:¥ 28,400
Grand Total:¥ 28,400

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, peter said:

¥26,290 is the cheapest right now :(

Amazon JP listed price includes Japan Domestic tax. Adding it to your cart and checking out, once their system saw that you are shipping it outside of Japan, the said domestic tax will be removed.

Link to post
Share on other sites

So, the seller I bought from* has 2 more up, same price, same shipping.

However, the seller contacted me and said that since EMS isn't available to the states, could he ship it via Surface.

So be aware, that if you buy from "イロハ堂[午後16時までにご注文確定で消毒・除菌をして365日福岡県から即日発送!!]." and in an area without EMS service, you may be stuck with Surface or a cancellation.

 

On the other side of things, my Kakizaki from FromJapan shipped out via FedEx, and ought to be here in a few days.

Edited by Sanity is Optional
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those in Canada, Kakizaki can be ordered from Amazon.jp at 26,290 yen with shipping at 4,500 yen (2 left in stock), to be delivered on Sept.14-18.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mantisfists said:

Anybody looking for one, Amazon.jp has one available for the 26,290 that was talked about above.  Still says that they won't ship to me, but hopefully somebody else can jump on it.  

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B089WGZJDG/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1598499051&sr=1-3

 

I just ordered with that link ships directly to the US. 28.400 yen.

 

Edited by sqidd
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, the seller I bought from* has 2 more up, same price, same shipping.

However, the seller contacted me and said that since EMS isn't available to the states, could he ship it via Surface.

So be aware, that if you buy from "イロハ堂[午後16時までにご注文確定で消毒・除菌をして365日福岡県から即日発送!!]." and in an area without EMS service, you may be stuck with Surface or a cancellation.

 

On the other side of things, my Kakizaki from FromJapan shipped out via FedEx, and ought to be here in a few days.

Crap, I should have read down all the way. I placed my order through the same seller. I'm not paying 4,000 yen for surface shipping. I just put an order cancellation in. Hopefully it sticks.

And hopefully someone else puts one up with DHL.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Nice pics :)

The DX VF-1 is nothing if not photogenic...  ^_^

1769146996_Kakizakijacked.jpg.966dfe59efe151a5046cd1435ff8848f.jpg

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

Fixed things for Bandai!

image.png.ab527620e78329bb1187e18f151e0cd0.png

No, dude... that's just as half-assed as Bandai.  If you're gonna commit, go the distance.

1012724194_gothedistance.jpg.fe6ff7ee1707820e490ade541c31dd08.jpg

:p

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, the seller I bought from* has 2 more up, same price, same shipping.

However, the seller contacted me and said that since EMS isn't available to the states, could he ship it via Surface.

So be aware, that if you buy from "イロハ堂[午後16時までにご注文確定で消毒・除菌をして365日福岡県から即日発送!!]." and in an area without EMS service, you may be stuck with Surface or a cancellation.

 

On the other side of things, my Kakizaki from FromJapan shipped out via FedEx, and ought to be here in a few days.

So I immediately canceled that order (I can get one for less on Yahoo Japan and put it in a box that is already shipping DHL for effectively no shipping cost) and then got an email from him saying it could go boat only. I asked him to cancel the order. Aaaaaaannnnd, my CC got charged anyway. Yay, one more thing to follow up on!:yahoo:

Grrrrrrr, I should have just had it sent by boat.:fool:

Edited by sqidd
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tekering said:

The DX VF-1 is nothing if not photogenic...  ^_^

1769146996_Kakizakijacked.jpg.966dfe59efe151a5046cd1435ff8848f.jpg

No, dude... that's just as half-assed as Bandai.  If you're gonna commit, go the distance.

1012724194_gothedistance.jpg.fe6ff7ee1707820e490ade541c31dd08.jpg

:p

Yeah that what I thought was also missing, lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tekering said:

The DX VF-1 is nothing if not photogenic...  ^_^

1769146996_Kakizakijacked.jpg.966dfe59efe151a5046cd1435ff8848f.jpg

No, dude... that's just as half-assed as Bandai.  If you're gonna commit, go the distance.

1012724194_gothedistance.jpg.fe6ff7ee1707820e490ade541c31dd08.jpg

:p

Bandai exec: Promote that man!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So this just showed up in my white rabbit mailbox overnight.  didn't konw this was out already (thanks to tekering's post on another forum i found out lol) and the email landed in some strange folder so i didn't even know until i searched my emails for white rabbit, lol.  Anyway this is my first rodeo with white rabbit.  All in, including shipping and the purchas e price i paid back when i ordered it comes to about ~$260 USD shipped from japan to new york.  I picked DHL because i kow they have been pretty reliable during the covid times as i've gotten amazon japan stuff from dhl during this time.  IF i picked fedex it would have been about $3 cheaper (and potentially a day faster) but i don't know how good fedex is from japn to USA right now.  if everything goes well with this shipemnt i can see using them from future webshop exclusives or whatever bandai calls them.  I know i had to prepay (aside from teh shipping which was $47 for DHL), but the overall price is not too bad right?  anyone else go this route on this figure (aside from F360 that clued me in to white rabbit)?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

So this just showed up in my white rabbit mailbox overnight.  didn't konw this was out already (thanks to tekering's post on another forum i found out lol) and the email landed in some strange folder so i didn't even know until i searched my emails for white rabbit, lol.  Anyway this is my first rodeo with white rabbit.  All in, including shipping and the purchas e price i paid back when i ordered it comes to about ~$260 USD shipped from japan to new york.  I picked DHL because i kow they have been pretty reliable during the covid times as i've gotten amazon japan stuff from dhl during this time.  IF i picked fedex it would have been about $3 cheaper (and potentially a day faster) but i don't know how good fedex is from japn to USA right now.  if everything goes well with this shipemnt i can see using them from future webshop exclusives or whatever bandai calls them.  I know i had to prepay (aside from teh shipping which was $47 for DHL), but the overall price is not too bad right?  anyone else go this route on this figure (aside from F360 that clued me in to white rabbit)?

I purchased from Okini Land and MyKombini.  One was DHL and other was FedEx.  Both cost ~$245/ea including shipping.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Snagged one on Yahoo Auctions for 24,000 including domestic shipping), hope I can ship it and another one together for 6,500 (what I recently shipped 2 Hikaru 1S for). I just saw the other box flap :D touching that [SPOILER ALERT FOR 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE] it depicts his last moment alive.

KakiLastBreath.png.5edd3853b31a11060b13402509160099.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedComet said:

Snagged one on Yahoo Auctions for 24,000 including domestic shipping), hope I can ship it and another one together for 6,500 (what I recently shipped 2 Hikaru 1S for). I just saw the other box flap :D touching that [SPOILER ALERT FOR 30 YEAR OLD MOVIE] it depicts his last moment alive.

KakiLastBreath.png.5edd3853b31a11060b13402509160099.png

 

I was about to buy that one you just got.:D Just put a bid in on another.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...