Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

11 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

VF-1S Max nearing completion! Corrected tailfin modex number, jolly roger skull, and pilot name decals courtesy of  Anasazi37

V4ne6B.jpg

Uu4gBl.jpg

bSIOCB.jpg

fw6ZS4.jpg

...and Max Taii at his greatest:

5DaZec.jpg

O1j3wE.jpg

Very nice! I look forward to buying the actual release of this more than any other VF-1 Bandai is likely to make.

That Max VF-1S is incredible, nice work!!!
Have you thought about painting the wheels white? (my only real gripe with the Bandai 1/48)

Instead of the 001 decals coming in the Kakizaki to fix my Movie Hikaru tailfin, I wish they'd swap in some white wheel hubs! :)

37 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Awesome work!  This is the kind of creativity that I could never do. 

Thanks!  There is no creativity needed to paint red parts blue, just tons of masking and a steady hand. We have such talented forum members who can really bring these toys to life with weathering and backdrops/dioramas.

Edited by ghostryder

2 hours ago, ghostryder said:

VF-1S Max nearing completion! Corrected tailfin modex number, jolly roger skull, and pilot name decals courtesy of  Anasazi37

V4ne6B.jpg

Uu4gBl.jpg

bSIOCB.jpg

fw6ZS4.jpg

5DaZec.jpg

O1j3wE.jpg

That looks really good! Very happy to see the decals being put to good use!

50 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

At first I assumed you were in the U.S. but you are apparently in Canada. Why are you still waiting? EMS is working great to Canada. I received my super packs and missiles a long time ago from NY. 

If you order more than one set, NY shoves you to the end of the line, regardless of when you ordered.

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

At first I assumed you were in the U.S. but you are apparently in Canada. Why are you still waiting? EMS is working great to Canada. I received my super packs and missiles a long time ago from NY. 

Who knows.  Might get the old lady to just call them, chat with them in Japanese to sort it out 

Edited by peter

4 hours ago, ghostryder said:

V4ne6B.jpg

Uu4gBl.jpg

bSIOCB.jpg

fw6ZS4.jpg

5DaZec.jpg

O1j3wE.jpg

Holy crap, that is awesome.  Screen grab from DYRL!

7 hours ago, ghostryder said:

V4ne6B.jpg

Uu4gBl.jpg

bSIOCB.jpg

fw6ZS4.jpg

5DaZec.jpg

O1j3wE.jpg

Oh man, I was hoping to debut the DYRL Max like I did with Roy, but you beat me to it by a week or two (I got stuck on paint colors) Well, glad those decals @Anasazi37 and I cooked up are going to good use :) Stay tuned right here to see some 1S Max with weathering in the near future!

50 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Oh man, I was hoping to debut the DYRL Max like I did with Roy, but you beat me to it by a week or two (I got stuck on paint colors) Well, glad those decals @Anasazi37 and I cooked up are going to good use :) Stay tuned right here to see some 1S Max with weathering in the near future!

Oh, I'm just whetting their appetite for your awesome weathered customs . Some battle damage from his aerial skirmish with Milia would also be epic.

And sorry, forgot to give you props on the decals as well. 

Edited by ghostryder

I've been away for a while and missed the Roy pre-order (not that I'd have been able to get one).  I'm sure this has probably already been said a bajillion times, but if anyone pre-ordered extra DX Roys, please PM me.  Ebay scalper preorders are already going for $460!!!  I did get a VF-1S Hikaru just in case so I could repaint it and get a 3D printed Roy figure, but I'd rather just have the right one to begin with.  Some sort of trade would be beautiful, but I don't hold out much hope in that.  Thanks guys, and sorry for the absence.  Hope everyone is doing well!

5 hours ago, Pontus said:

I've been away for a while and missed the Roy pre-order (not that I'd have been able to get one).  I'm sure this has probably already been said a bajillion times, but if anyone pre-ordered extra DX Roys, please PM me.  Ebay scalper preorders are already going for $460!!!  I did get a VF-1S Hikaru just in case so I could repaint it and get a 3D printed Roy figure, but I'd rather just have the right one to begin with.  Some sort of trade would be beautiful, but I don't hold out much hope in that.  Thanks guys, and sorry for the absence.  Hope everyone is doing well!

Quite a few of us here were also not able to secure a Roy during PO week, but we're all hopeful for stock availability during release week, and historically speaking people were successful with scoring a 1S Hikaru on release week. Fingers crossed.

5 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

It was an exclusive, aren't they usually really limited in supply?

It's supposed to be limited, however I think Bandai has made more just to cover unfulfilled pre-orders (don't count on this statment as being correct).

The release order of these has been so bizarre to me. Do we know if they're based on anything...like character popularity or something? Maybe I'm just a fanboy, but the fact that the first 1S we got wasn't a Roy, and we also are getting a Kakizaki before Roy just kind of blows my mind. It's also kind of a funky Mix of TV and DYRL.

14 hours ago, betocc said:

Out of curiosity....anybody know what the shipping on this would come out to?  I know it's already sold, but it would be good to know when I'm thinking about buying something, how much I could expect to be paying total.  Their website wasn't too clear about what was available or the cost of what could be available.

8 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Out of curiosity....anybody know what the shipping on this would come out to?  I know it's already sold, but it would be good to know when I'm thinking about buying something, how much I could expect to be paying total.  Their website wasn't too clear about what was available or the cost of what could be available.

Depends on where you live. If you're in the States, then only DHL is available, and it'll definitely be over 5000 yen. Probably more like 7000 or 8000 yen.

6 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

The release order of these has been so bizarre to me. Do we know if they're based on anything...like character popularity or something? Maybe I'm just a fanboy, but the fact that the first 1S we got wasn't a Roy, and we also are getting a Kakizaki before Roy just kind of blows my mind. It's also kind of a funky Mix of TV and DYRL.

It makes perfect sense to me. If they released the hero valks first a lot of people would get them and then probably stop collecting DX's. If they go her, not hero, hero, not hero they're going to sell more non hero's because people are more likely to buy them just to have something to buy. I'm a perfect example of that. I didn't really want a VF-1J Hikaru, but I got one because I wanted a DX. I didn't want a VF-1A Max, but it took a lot of self control not to. I really didn't care that much for the 1S Hikaru (I wanted a Roy), but I got them anyway because I wanted a S with SSP's bad. I have no desire to have a Kakizaki, but I still had to fight the urge to get one.

If they release Roy first it's very likely I would have gotten Roy's and then stopped getting DX's.

Agreed with that pattern being a tease to keep you interested and buying, even though it means if you are currently focusing on tv squads (like me) you end up going "Why DYRL Kakizaki first?" I'd love them to just release faster and start getting some odd color schemes like Yamato but at this speed of release they'll have a nextgen valk before we get a stealth DX.

@mantisfists A DX VF-1 from a Mandarake storefront to the US via DHL ought to be around 4500 yen, just basing that on orders I’ve made recently with comparable box sizes. 

I think you can inquire with the store for a quote ahead of time. 

of note the “Sahra” shop is actually their warehouse and they use pre-calculated shipping fees there, so whatever they list is it. But all the other shops will charge actual shipping. 

(for instance, a small item in their warehouse might say DHL  shipping is 3100 yen, but one of the shops might only charge 2000 yen.)

Edited by jeniusornome