Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Yeah, I'm debating doing a pilot and canopy swap from one of my 1Js and leaving it in Battroid.

I was also thinking this... the 1J canopy has "SLT" (second lieutenant), was Hikaru first lieutenant when he gets Skull 001?

Edited by ghostryder
edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Speaking of NY and Extra parts, have they received their Missile sets (June release) yet?

Wondering if i need to email them to get them in gear. It seems the polite mails are working for me. I dunno if that is a fluke or not.

 

 

They've had them for a while, it seems like.

If you're in the US, they won't ship them to you unless you use their (expensive) UPS option.  EMS is detailed to the US, so it seems like they are not even bothering to ship those out yet.

Ferry might be an option, but I haven't seen anyone say they have had theirs shipped via ferry yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Honest question here.

Can anyone explain me the logic of showing TV Super Parts in a Tamashii event on a Roy TV VF-1S??????

I know Bandai shenanigans, been a MW member since 2000!

But why??? If it was Yamato doing this back in the day, there would have been angry fans with pitchforks waiting in line.

What's the point of marketing these Super Parts with Roy's VF-1 when they are only canon to Hikru's VF-1S??? They pay the Hoary Froating head toadvertise the DX but canon be damned!!!

I'm not judging anyone, we are all adults and we can do as we please with our hard earned money. But are these parts confirmation of a Hikaru VF-1S in the future????

My guess is that, in the TV show, Hikaru's VF-1S was also yellow.... not red like in the movie.

So, in that regard, it is indistinguishable from Roy's VF-1... except for maybe any pilot name painted right beneath the cockpit window on each side of the plane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MacrossDYRL said:

Updated links for VF-1S Roy & TV Super Parts as of 7/6/2020 9AM ET

VF-1S Roy:

31,490 - https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-bandai-dx-chogokin/37995-dx-chogokin-macross-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

SOLD OUT -  https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/31609-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special.html

SOLD OUT - https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html

SOLD OUT - https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-first-limited-edition-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bans60502

SOLD OUT, may be available from other sellers only - https://www.amazon.co.jp/超時空要塞マクロス-初回限定版VF-1S-ロイ・フォッカースペシャル-ダイキャスト製-塗装済み可動フィギュア/dp/B08C3GRZ4P/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=dx+vf-1s&qid=1594042059&sr=8-1

SOLD OUT - http://www.anime-export.com/product/48144

SOLD OUT - https://www.plazajapan.com/4573102605023/

SOLD OUT - https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10707343

SOLD OUT - https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-408176

SOLD OUT - https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-060557

 

TV Super Parts:

TWE Product Page (for ordering via proxy) - https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000146995/

10,800 - http://www.anime-export.com/product/48181

11,000 - https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/31626-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-tv-edition-vf-1.html

11,990 - https://www.nin-nin-game.com/en/japanese-import-hobbies-toys-bandai-premium/38166-dx-chogokin-macross-tv-version-vf-1-compatible-super-parts-set-limited-edition.html

SOLD OUT - https://okini.land/en/21331-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-vf-1-tv-edition-bandai-spirits.html

SOLD OUT - https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/24222-macross-dx-chogokin-super-parts-set-for-tv-edition-vf-1.html

*HUG*

(wipes away a tear)

I am so proud of you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

They've had them for a while, it seems like.

If you're in the US, they won't ship them to you unless you use their (expensive) UPS option.  EMS is detailed to the US, so it seems like they are not even bothering to ship those out yet.

Ferry might be an option, but I haven't seen anyone say they have had theirs shipped via ferry yet.

hmm. I got DHL from them for my SSP a few weeks back. It was $40 but . eh. whatever. I'll email them. Thanks!!!

 

Edited by lavinrac
speeeeling
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

My guess is that, in the TV show, Hikaru's VF-1S was also yellow.... not red like in the movie.

So, in that regard, it is indistinguishable from Roy's VF-1... except for maybe any pilot name painted right beneath the cockpit window on each side of the plane.

21 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

I was also thinking this... the 1J canopy has "SLT" (second lieutenant), was Hikaru first lieutenant when he gets Skull 001?

@Shizuka the Cat, it is Roy's 1S that Hikaru just takes after Roy eats Pineapple salad

@ghostryder you could always take the pilot from your DX 1J and the canopy from your DX DYRL 1S and Frankenstein it 3 into one haha

Alternatively, if there is enough demand for it, I figured out how to get Pilot Rank and Name water slide decals that match the fonts Bandai uses made, and I would be happy to provide 4 for $5 (+ a 50 cent stamp to ship) or so to MWF members, (double what you need in case you mess up the application of one or two).

 

Edited by RedComet
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Honest question here.

Can anyone explain me the logic of showing TV Super Parts in a Tamashii event on a Roy TV VF-1S??????

I know Bandai shenanigans, been a MW member since 2000!

But why??? If it was Yamato doing this back in the day, there would have been angry fans with pitchforks waiting in line.

What's the point of marketing these Super Parts with Roy's VF-1 when they are only canon to Hikru's VF-1S??? They pay the Hoary Froating head toadvertise the DX but canon be damned!!!

I'm not judging anyone, we are all adults and we can do as we please with our hard earned money. But are these parts confirmation of a Hikaru VF-1S in the future????

 

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

broid.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not saying the TV super parts are confirmation of anything... because Bandai... but it certainly seems like we'll see a TV Hikaru 1S and a DYRL Focker 1S in the future... especially if they keep selling like hot cakes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently we have:

DYRL:

  • Hikaru 1S
  • Kakizaki 1A
  • Super Parts

SDFM:

  • Hikaru 1J
  • Max 1A
  • Super Parts (Pre-Order, w/ TV reaction missiles)
  • Roy 1S (Pre-Order)

Plus the missile sets which include both SDFM missiles and DYRL missiles, plus DYRL reaction warheads.

So, yeah, I'm expecting we'll eventually end up with at least Roy+Hikaru+Max+Kakizaki for both DYRL and SDFM.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Alternatively, if there is enough demand for it, I figured out how to get Pilot Rank and Name water slide decals that match the fonts Bandai uses made, and I would be happy to provide 4 for $5 (+ a 50 cent stamp to ship) or so to MWF members, (double what you need in case you mess up the application of one or two).

I think there's enough demand for a more general "fix issues with current and upcoming releases" decal set. I floated the idea about 30-ish pages back and got a positive response. Ejection seat markings, skull markings for behind the canopy, correct modex numbers for vertical stabilizers, and now Hikaru's name for the VF-1S. Did I miss anything? Easy for me to do that and the entire set shouldn't cost more than $5 to make, depending on the printing method you use. Did you outsource the decals for your Roy conversions? What method did you use?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

Speaking from experience, I'm a new guy on this board and I'm afraid to post much because the "old boys club" on here are pretty harsh with new people. 

Other than the occasional  gentle ribbing, you likely won't see too much harassment other than encouragement to spend your hard-earned cash on more stuff. That is unless you are an obvious seller or you claim stuff that is clearly incorrect as "fact" (looking at you, now-gone poster who claimed the next release was TV Kakizaki using photos of a Hasagawa kit).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

 Easy for me to do that and the entire set shouldn't cost more than $5 to make, depending on the printing method you use. Did you outsource the decals for your Roy conversions? What method did you use?

I outsourced mine, and honestly although the first set was great, the subsequent sheets have been only so-so. If you would be down for printing me up some skulls and such, I would gladly switch :D pm me?

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Currently we have:

DYRL:

  • Hikaru 1S
  • Kakizaki 1A
  • Super Parts

SDFM:

  • Hikaru 1J
  • Max 1A
  • Super Parts (Pre-Order, w/ TV reaction missiles)
  • Roy 1S (Pre-Order)

Plus the missile sets which include both SDFM missiles and DYRL missiles, plus DYRL reaction warheads.

So, yeah, I'm expecting we'll eventually end up with at least Roy+Hikaru+Max+Kakizaki for both DYRL and SDFM.

If anyone doesn't want to use the TV Super Set for Roy's 1s, you can put on Hikaru's 1J or Max's 1a based on @Sanity is Optional's post and don't mind the colour variations.

As Picard in TNG said in All Good Things: " The Sky is the Limit". ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

hmm. I got DHL from them for my SSP a few weeks back. It was $40 but . eh. whatever. I'll email them. Thanks!!!

 

Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you asked about SSP the first time.  The only missile sets they have "in stock" are crazy marked up, so I dunno what they are doing for people that pre-ordered a in the second wave.

How did you get DHL shipping from NY?  I've asked about DHL specifically, and they just said they do UPS

Link to post
Share on other sites

Only ordered the super parts with the expectation that there will be a Hikaru variant down the line.

And if that never happens, I have my many, many Yamatos.

As far as TV super parts go, I only want them for Hikaru's 1S, and Max & Miria's 1Js. I hope those come as a bundle because they're unit specific packs, but I wouldn't put it past Bandai to nickel and dime us on those too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Sorry, I misread your post, I thought you asked about SSP the first time.  The only missile sets they have "in stock" are crazy marked up, so I dunno what they are doing for people that pre-ordered a in the second wave.

How did you get DHL shipping from NY?  I've asked about DHL specifically, and they just said they do UPS

You're right. I got it mixed up. The DHL shipments were from HLJ. NY sent UPS. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems with all the variants we have another 2-3 years or so of SDFM and DYRL releases coming. Other than the YF-21 that should be coming as well, I wonder where Bandai will go with the Macross line from here. New TV series? Somehow acquiring the Macross Zero license? ^_^

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Seems with all the variants we have another 2-3 years or so of SDFM and DYRL releases coming. Other than the YF-21 that should be coming as well, I wonder where Bandai will go with the Macross line from here. New TV series? Somehow acquiring the Macross Zero license? ^_^

Hopefully they'll make a run for the ELINT Seeker and super ostrich which both seem pretty commonly made molds.

I'd also like to see a 1D model, and the regular gray/brown military scheme

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Seems with all the variants we have another 2-3 years or so of SDFM and DYRL releases coming. Other than the YF-21 that should be coming as well, I wonder where Bandai will go with the Macross line from here. New TV series? Somehow acquiring the Macross Zero license? ^_^

Maybe they will finally do Macross 7? I mean they already have a 19 mold, and the 22 is similar to the upcoming 21 right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RedComet said:

Maybe they will finally do Macross 7? I mean they already have a 19 mold, and the 22 is similar to the upcoming 21 right?

I do love Max's and Gamlin Kizaki's color scheme of the YF-22.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HG Blows said:

So NY sold out of Roy's @ 35,000 Yen before Nin Nin @31,000 Yen, that's interesting.  I guess NY has less risk stock wise.

Besides that there's other factors too.

Some recently were given N-Y credited when they downgrade their shipping to Ferry (that's a couple thousand yens)

Some are ok with Ferry to save on shipping.

Some do not like to use FEDEX /DHL/ UPS due to customs fee 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

So NY sold out of Roy's @ 35,000 Yen before Nin Nin @31,000 Yen, that's interesting.  I guess NY has less risk stock wise.

It does make you wonder if anyone who got one from Nin-Nin at $171 will actually get one :D and let's not forget their bizarre 20% off starting price that I am confident not one person (besides maybe those who work at Nin-nin perhaps) got. What an odd day and a half it was to reach what may be an "equilibrium". Oh yeah, then they reduced the price 50 cents (not pictured) but maybe that was just a change in exchange rate.

1529170847_Screenshot2020-07-0222_55_18.png.25969c44274decec9fad908bd1afeb80.png1884504750_Screenshot2020-07-0223_10_41.png.c31430453b3ea256977eb2898769a36c.png

845380897_Screenshot2020-07-0301_00_40.png.04772c3f460eab9b046026a7918da541.png

328514468_Screenshot2020-07-0301_00_58.png.2d23f791c82e6f20396582cb8149aa50.png1889807380_Screenshot2020-07-0301_33_38.png.2e1dc71b4ad7a91f16930d2d913224ad.png967037743_Screenshot2020-07-0301_54_20.png.a44e0dd857ea279f3c69e4fbd96d3cd4.png556529541_Screenshot2020-07-0302_15_49.png.20456ad502706da2a5f1b8483648f10b.png

Edited by RedComet
Link to post
Share on other sites

Despite NY's many, many problems, intentionally lying about "not receiving enough stock" and then canceling people's orders only to turn around and resell it at a huge mark-up is not one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, obakesan said:

Ok, this is getting ridiculous. The price went UP after they released another wave of missiles? From ¥8,000 to ¥9,000; on something with a MSRP of ¥4400?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jade20X said:

Are these accurate to the TV series’ portrayal? Or just DYRL?

Well, both, kinda.

They have a set of TV missiles, a set of DYRL missiles, and yellow-tipped DYRL reaction missiles.

 

 

The new TV super parts will add in red-tipped TV reaction missiles.

Edited by vladykins
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, RedComet said:

It does make you wonder if anyone who got one from Nin-Nin at $171 will actually get one :D and let's not forget their bizarre 20% off starting price that I am confident not one person (besides maybe those who work at Nin-nin perhaps) got. What an odd day and a half it was to reach what may be an "equilibrium". Oh yeah, then they reduced the price 50 cents (not pictured) but maybe that was just a change in exchange rate.

1529170847_Screenshot2020-07-0222_55_18.png.25969c44274decec9fad908bd1afeb80.png

 

 

I think they got rid of the 20% off price like 2 hours before the listing went live... like that was a default on the template for the page when they set it up.

Edited by jenius
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oshanmacross said:

Wow, $54.48 to ship my missile set via DHL from anime export....

 

Wow, that's steep... it's probably gonna come in a BIG box.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rocketblast said:

Anyone know where to get a good deal on a Strike Parts Set?  NY fumbled my order so I need to find a place with a decent price on it and re-order.

 

Thanks

Strike or Supers? Strike is already released, Supers are the ones on pre-order.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...