Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Well I got this one at hlj. I love this series and I have the vf-1j in the hikaru 1S. I'm kind of regretting not picking up Max TV now. Ahh well. Doubt it's worth $300-400 to me.

I think you can still get TV Max for much less. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Just looking at it on my phone, it looks like a VF-1S in Gerwalk mode, with super pack and red tipped (TV) reaction missiles. 

 

1 hour ago, Gora said:

Yep, looks like SP.
 

ss pack.jpg

Well, shoot. It does look like a TV Super Set, complete with red-tipped RMS-1 missiles. I'm now grappling with two dilemmas:

  1. Do I slap the current SSP and Missile sets on the TV Roy and call it good? Who knows if/when we'll see a DYRL version.
  2. Do I buy 3 of these new sets to cover Roy and the (fingers crossed) eventual Max and Milia releases?
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

 

  1. Do I buy 3 of these new sets to cover Roy and the (fingers crossed) eventual Max and Milia releases?

Max and Milia traditionally have custom super parts, IE red and blue, not the standard color worn by Hikaru and all the CFs.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

While my mom is taking a nap, I figured I would read back on last night's forum posts and try to cobble together a pre-order madness postmortem of sorts. Please feel free to correct me if you find any errors in my postmortem.  Thanks!

------------------------------------

DX Chogokin VF-1S Roy Fokker Pre-Order Madness (7/3/2020)

At about 2 AM EDT, one hour before the official pre-order start time, Nippon Yasan jumped the gun and made the toy available to pre-order. They sold out within a few minutes, and unlike past pre-order releases, Nippon Yasan did not re-offer the toy later on at marked-up, above retail prices. 

Starting at 3 AM EDT, the major stores including AmiAmi, CDJapan, and AmazonJP made their offerings available. These too sold out within a few minutes. As usual, AmiAmi experienced server problems due to high load and CDJapan experienced slowness, though I don't think it ever had a server crash or complete unresponsiveness.

Hobby Link Japan was a little late to the party, making Roy available after 3:30 I think. They seemed to experience lots of server problems and 404 errors.

Overall, it sounds like the Roy pre-order madness was not kind to many MWF members, with many failing to secure orders for themselves... with high demand quickly depleting inventories and stymieing website performance. 

(I did not mention some of the other stores like Nin-Nin or Anime Export because... well... they seem even smaller and, in some cases, of questionable quality)

------------------------------------

Sorry I missed out on PO Madness. I really would have liked to have attended the whole thing and updated store link and price listings.

It looks like I got very lucky last night. I woke up to use the bathroom and managed to hit AmiAmi at the perfect time to place an order in (about 3:50 AM EDT), then go back to bed. I suspect that someone ahead of me might have cancelled his or her order, which made AmiAmi show the toy as being available when I hit the website. 

For those still looking for a Roy VF-1S, I would suggest keeping an eye on AmiAmi, in case more cancellations occur that free up inventory.  I have managed to get some past pre-orders in this way, even a day or so after listings had appeared to have sold out.

 

This was Shizuka the Cat, and thank you for your time.  (* bows *)

(* scampers off the stage and dives into a pool full of tuna fish and catnip *)

 

 

I think its more the universe way to give you an easy pre order (which you totally deserve)since you are going thru so much in real life now, I was refreshing ami ami at that same time and saw the add to cart but when I did it says item no longer available. No biggy for me as I was pre ordering for fun as its not an item I wanted to begin with and if I can’t get it fir msrp, I won’t be getting it.

Edited by Guyffon
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I think its more the universe way to give you an easy pre order (which you totally deserve)since you are going thru so much in real life now, I was refreshing ami ami at that same time and saw the add to cart but when I did it says item no longer available. No biggy for me as I was pre ordering for fun as its not an item I wanted to begin with and if I can’t get it fir msrp, I won’t be getting it.

Lmao whatever you need to tell yourself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So the prices on Hikaru continue to fall... 24,500yen (+ Shipping) on Yahoo Auctions.

If you didn't ever get a DYRL Hikki, now is the time!

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e447234896

I got my Hikaru for 25000yen shipped last year too. That's the reason why I posted to keep a lookout for the DX Roy there as there will be random good deals popping up.

Of course do buy from sellers with better reputation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Guyffon said:

Excuse me??

I think the nice way to read that is that we've all tried to convince ourselves we didn't need a toy... and then found ourselves hunting it down, even at a premium, later. 

Man, I'm actually buying toys I used to own for more than I paid for them or sold them... so I'm like the worst example.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

I got my Hikaru for 25000yen shipped last year too. That's the reason why I posted to keep a lookout for the DX Roy there as there will be random good deals popping up.

Of course do buy from sellers with better reputation.

The closer we get to release, the more the scalpers are going to be trying to unload, before they actually have to pay out for their pre-orders.

There's a big difference between holding and selling a pre-order for pure profit vs actually paying for a product and having to store and ship it, plus having money tied up in inventory.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crackpot said:

I think you can still get TV Max for much less. 

Ahh maybe i need to look a little harder then.  Initial ebay and amazon and such searches were $275 or higher plus shipping, etc etc. markups. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lavinrac said:

Ahh maybe i need to look a little harder then.  Initial ebay and amazon and such searches were $275 or higher plus shipping, etc etc. markups. 

Ebay is almost never reasonably priced, same for US Amazon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jenius said:

I think the nice way to read that is that we've all tried to convince ourselves we didn't need a toy... and then found ourselves hunting it down, even at a premium, later. 

Man, I'm actually buying toys I used to own for more than I paid for them or sold them... so I'm like the worst example.

I really am ok not having tv roy, I have rhe 1J and 1S andnot the 1A as I have no love for max’s color, the only reason I was even on yesterday was just to see how hard was it to get one to prep for when the YF-21 comes out, which is the one I really want. To me I have enough Roy stuff already in different scales and models.

your case is different Jenius, if you are not buying those toys, how else are we all giing to get your great toy reviews to read :p

Edited by Guyffon
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah-definitely TV Color Fast Packs coming soon, gonna be sweet!

So does that make the VF-1J even more desirable? Now you need:
1x Normal No Armor
1x for GBP
1x for Fast Pack

Actually-I guess you don't technically need the last one with a Fast pack...Hikaru never had a fast pack in a J in the TV series, Booby Duck was in the VF-1S
So the Super J Hikaru is just a model kit/yamato custom creation?
Even so I love the Yamato 1/48 version, so I'd definitely trick out one of the Js with Super parts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

your case is different Jenius, if you are not buying those toys, how else are we all giing to get your great toy reviews to read :p

He could always poke some of the local Macross collectors, there's definitely several of us close by. :hi:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jenius said:

That's the first time I've seen "add to cart" at Nin Nin game... I wonder what went wrong last night.

got mine on nin nin at 245.  clearly they're anticipating desperation and demand.  they sell their initial batch.  then slowly leak out a few at a time, with a marked up price in phases throughout the night.  we're feverishly trying to check out.  we either don't see the slight mark up, or we do see it and we don't care.  again, desperation...  nin nin started the night out at 150 and today is at 301-302...  how they secure their inventory, i'm sure that's another intriguing story...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Yeah-definitely TV Color Fast Packs coming soon, gonna be sweet!

So does that make the VF-1J even more desirable? Now you need:
1x Normal No Armor
1x for GBP
1x for Fast Pack

Actually-I guess you don't technically need the last one with a Fast pack...Hikaru never had a fast pack in a J in the TV series, Booby Duck was in the VF-1S
So the Super J Hikaru is just a model kit/yamato custom creation?
Even so I love the Yamato 1/48 version, so I'd definitely trick out one of the Js with Super parts.

The TV packs will be a fun option. I already picked up a pair of DYRL packs for a non-canon look too, which I'm totally okay with if these supers end up being hard to find. I'm still undecided on whether or not I want the GBP armor at this scale. Although it isn't the same scale, I do have the Arcadia release and an older set from Yamato which both get a lot of display time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Nin nin doesnt bother me.  If they cancel my order I get my money back and spend close to the same amount on ebay or wherever else.  Again,  just for Roy, I could spend $500 to have his ultimate '1S.   My only problem is the shipping time.  They're in Australia?  Great.  I'll be waiting for the kangaroos to get that thing to me...

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Yeah-definitely TV Color Fast Packs coming soon, gonna be sweet!

So does that make the VF-1J even more desirable? Now you need:
1x Normal No Armor
1x for GBP
1x for Fast Pack

Actually-I guess you don't technically need the last one with a Fast pack...Hikaru never had a fast pack in a J in the TV series, Booby Duck was in the VF-1S
So the Super J Hikaru is just a model kit/yamato custom creation?
Even so I love the Yamato 1/48 version, so I'd definitely trick out one of the Js with Super parts.

 

Remains to be seen if Bandai will issue a "new" 1J with the grey-goggles for the GBP like they did with their HMR 1J-GBP.

They could continue doing their nickel-n-dime thing and make the GBP armor a more expensive TWE standalone accessory like the missiles and FPs, but to surprisingly include an extra 1J grey-goggle head.

Or both.

As for the TV Super-FP, possibly the same tactic.:

  • Another 1J with Super FPs. (but that would be copying yamato-toys.)
  • 1S Booby-Duck edition with Hikaru pilot.
  • Standalone TWE Super FPs with extra Hikaru pilot.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shawn said:

So if they show a Focker Special vf1s with fast packs do we get to scream there was no such thing as Hikaru was the pilot when fast packs debuted?

:)

Tune in next month for the VF-1S Hikaru TV Version PO madness!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tamashii Nations has a virtual tour, pretty cool

 

https://tamashii.jp/features_2020/vrl/?fbclid=IwAR3mYeMGN66qR0D6p07zy7LPJJS8Itr4MRLs5d8w1UXP-blAh-VLiujw7ZQ

 

From what I have seen it looks like a Valk with Super parts TV - I think that red insignia macross is a sign (I can be wrong though lol)

Edited by tjdetweiler
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

Tamashii Nations has a virtual tour, pretty cool

 

https://tamashii.jp/features_2020/vrl/?fbclid=IwAR3mYeMGN66qR0D6p07zy7LPJJS8Itr4MRLs5d8w1UXP-blAh-VLiujw7ZQ

 

From what I have seen it looks like a Valk with Super parts TV - I think that red insignia macross is a sign (I can be wrong though lol)

Yup, that's definitely supers and red-tipped missiles. So presumably TV supers. Maybe the reaction missiles are the replacement for the missing strike cannon so they can charge the same price?

Link to post
Share on other sites

1332772995_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-04um09_57_43.png.1f7ff4abb00b53160876a45b0b6947df.pngBeneath the lock it says "Club Members", does that mean, that it is exclusive for club members to buy or that  members get an exclusive peek behind the cylinder?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Shawn said:

Actually-I guess you don't technically need the last one with a Fast pack...Hikaru never had a fast pack in a J in the TV series, Booby Duck was in the VF-1S
So the Super J Hikaru is just a model kit/yamato custom creation?
Even so I love the Yamato 1/48 version, so I'd definitely trick out one of the Js with Super parts.

The Super Hikaru 1J is one of those weird pieces of apocryphal art that never appeared in the series, but just seems to be really popular.

supergerwalksmall.jpg

The subject was discussed in some detail here as well. :lol:

See, if Bandai wanted to be nice, they would pack in a spare Hikaru figure and canopy with the TV fast packs.  If they add the red-tipped RMS missiles with a TV super pack, I'll probably buy another four sets.  The more kite-marked logo parts I get, the more squadrons I can make with the extras from my DYRL packs. ^_^ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If only they'd made the Kakizaki a TV version, I'd finally have a full Skull Squad along with the Roy 1S, Hikaru 1J, and Max 1A.

Guess this means I need both DYRL and TV squads.

Addict justifications.:p

I approve.:good:

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, treatment said:

 

Remains to be seen if Bandai will issue a "new" 1J with the grey-goggles for the GBP like they did with their HMR 1J-GBP.

They could continue doing their nickel-n-dime thing and make the GBP armor a more expensive TWE standalone accessory like the missiles and FPs, but to surprisingly include an extra 1J grey-goggle head.

Or both.

As for the TV Super-FP, possibly the same tactic.:

  • Another 1J with Super FPs. (but that would be copying yamato-toys.)
  • 1S Booby-Duck edition with Hikaru pilot.
  • Standalone TWE Super FPs with extra Hikaru pilot.

 

I noticed that in both the VF-1J and the Roy 1S, Bandai specifically said that these are “Limited First Edition” (or “初回限定版” ). This has got to be deliberate, and I am expecting another release of the 1J (grey goggles for GBP) and 1S (Hikaru) in the future with slight tweaks, minus the extra fighter mode stands. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...