Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You need to select specific elements, and use the triggering condition options. Also helps if you check the change monitor and see what's setting it off.

Ahh, Thanks for the tips!  I'll play around with it.  Would definitely have helped last night.  But had to do it the old fashioned way of button mashing that F5 into oblivion.

27 minutes ago, bleecher said:

People have been saying it looks like the TV super pack. 

Back to the Roy figure for a second, I don't think this figure ever went up on Play Asia so I would keep an eye out there for those still interested.

Just looking at it on my phone, it looks like a VF-1S in Gerwalk mode, with super pack and red tipped (TV) reaction missiles. 

Oh man... TWE another missile set... I don’t think I would dip again just for red tip reaction warheads. Just easier to paint my yellow DYRL ones... 

Super pack is an insta buy! Lucky it will be TWE (assumed) so should easy enough to get through the normal proxies/resellers.

8 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Oh man... TWE another missile set... I don’t think I would dip again just for red tip reaction warheads. Just easier to paint my yellow DYRL ones... 

Super pack is an insta buy! Lucky it will be TWE (assumed) so should easy enough to get through the normal proxies/resellers.

Probably it will be bundled with the super pack. I think it's only the reaction missiles have 2 colors. The rest of the missile set can be used with TV valks. 

21 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Bandai reading your post.....................:huh:.  hmmmmm......

wait ,, is someone not double dipping? , ok.  i guess we should release the TV Super pack with red tip missile as a set and price is at msrp 12000 yen.  :hi:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

It's not up yet @moose as it's not officially released yet. 

If you want to get one, then this is your option for now. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1141976289&ref=list&keyword=マクロス1%2F48&lang=en

Hell no...

3 minutes ago, CzarAlko said:

Did Okini Land just put some more on sale?

https://okini.land/en/21236-dx-chogokin-vf-1s-valkyrie-roy-focker-special-bandai-spirits.html

Their loyalty program points went up from 1.95 to 2.11, meaning they marked it up

They opened up for a quick minute, and I mean "quick" earlier this morning.  Cost was about 210 USD before shipping.  Haven't seen any activity since.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not this time around, I attribute it to being logged into everywhere ahead of time and refreshing this thread like a madman.

It has helped me in the past though, with HLJ, Anime Export, and Amazon Japan.

Isn't this what we all have to do hahah.... I did this but only managed with AmiAmi 1 pc.... which is of course better than 0

While my mom is taking a nap, I figured I would read back on last night's forum posts and try to cobble together a pre-order madness postmortem of sorts. Please feel free to correct me if you find any errors in my postmortem.  Thanks!

------------------------------------

DX Chogokin VF-1S Roy Fokker Pre-Order Madness (7/3/2020)

At about 2 AM EDT, one hour before the official pre-order start time, Nippon Yasan jumped the gun and made the toy available to pre-order. They sold out within a few minutes, and unlike past pre-order releases, Nippon Yasan did not re-offer the toy later on at marked-up, above retail prices. 

Starting at 3 AM EDT, the major stores including AmiAmi, CDJapan, and AmazonJP made their offerings available. These too sold out within a few minutes. As usual, AmiAmi experienced server problems due to high load and CDJapan experienced slowness, though I don't think it ever had a server crash or complete unresponsiveness.

Hobby Link Japan was a little late to the party, making Roy available after 3:30 I think. They seemed to experience lots of server problems and 404 errors.

Overall, it sounds like the Roy pre-order madness was not kind to many MWF members, with many failing to secure orders for themselves... with high demand quickly depleting inventories and stymieing website performance. 

(I did not mention some of the other stores like Nin-Nin or Anime Export because... well... they seem even smaller and, in some cases, of questionable quality)

Sorry I missed out on PO Madness. I really would have liked to have attended the whole thing and updated store link and price listings.

It looks like I got very lucky last night. I woke up to use the bathroom and managed to hit AmiAmi at the perfect time to place an order in (about 3:50 AM EDT), then go back to bed. I suspect that someone ahead of me might have cancelled his or her order, which made AmiAmi show the toy as being available when I hit the website. 

For those still looking for a Roy VF-1S, I would suggest keeping an eye on AmiAmi, in case more cancellations occur that free up inventory.  I have managed to get some past pre-orders in this way, even a day or so after listings had appeared to have sold out.

This was Shizuka the Cat, and thank you for your time.  (* bows *)

(* scampers off the stage and dives into a pool full of tuna fish and catnip *)

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

4 minutes ago, Gwynne said:

I think the word "minutes" is generous with most cases.

Yeah, that might be the case.

Since I did not get to personally observe how fast sites went from first making the toy available to being sold out, I figured a few minutes might be most appropriate, since those who did successfully order would have needed enough time for them to add the item to their cart, enter any payment info, and finalize their transactions as the case may be. 

Also, I could not account for how much time there was between the store making the toy available and the time that an MWF member posted in the forum saying that the store was available.... as well as the amount of time between then and the item being sold out for a store.

My 2 cents, at any rate.

After my first and what I believe will be my last PO craze, I can say while I'm not a rich man it did not seem worth it. Buggy sites, and potentially shady sellers were too much stress.  Unless this figure  turns out to be something crazy rare a hundred more when it's released and piece of mind  doesn't seem like a bad trade off. 

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Not this time around, I attribute it to being logged into everywhere ahead of time and refreshing this thread like a madman.

It has helped me in the past though, with HLJ, Anime Export, and Amazon Japan.

That’s actually how I landed AJ last night. It wasn’t from a post or refreshing manually. But I don’t think distill is available for free anymore unless you already have the extension installed. (Not positive on that.)

And yeah, not the easiest to manage it. You have to tweak and fine tune. Put in the work a bit to use it.

38 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

While my mom is taking a nap, I figured I would read back on last night's forum posts and try to cobble together a pre-order madness postmortem of sorts. Please feel free to correct me if you find any errors in my postmortem.  Thanks!

At about 2 AM EDT, one hour before the official pre-order start time, Nippon Yasan jumped the gun and made the toy available to pre-order. They sold out within a few minutes, and unlike past pre-order releases, Nippon Yasan did not re-offer the toy later on at marked-up, above retail prices. 

Starting at 3 AM EDT, the major stores including AmiAmi, CDJapan, and AmazonJP made their offerings available. These too sold out within a few minutes. As usual, AmiAmi experienced server problems due to high load and CDJapan experienced slowness, though I don't think it ever had a server crash or complete unresponsiveness.

Hobby Link Japan was a little late to the party, making Roy available after 3:30 I think. They seemed to experience lots of server problems and 404 errors.

Overall, it sounds like the Roy pre-order madness was not kind to many MWF members, with many failing to secure orders for themselves... with high demand quickly depleting inventories and stymieing website performance. 

(I did not mention some of the other stores like Nin-Nin or Anime Export because... well... they seem even smaller and, in some cases, of questionable quality)

Sorry I missed out on PO Madness. I really would have liked to have attended the whole thing and updated store link and price listings.

It looks like I got very lucky last night. I woke up to use the bathroom and managed to hit AmiAmi at the perfect time to place an order in (about 3:50 AM EDT), then go back to bed. I suspect that someone ahead of me might have cancelled his or her order, which made AmiAmi show the toy as being available when I hit the website. 

For those still looking for a Roy VF-1S, I would suggest keeping an eye on AmiAmi, in case more cancellations occur that free up inventory.  I have managed to get some past pre-orders in this way, even a day or so after listings had appeared to have sold out.

Thanks for cataloging and congrats on landing!

14 minutes ago, Protoman said:

After my first and what I believe will be my last PO craze, I can say while I'm not a rich man it did not seem worth it. Buggy sites, and potentially shady sellers were too much stress.  Unless this figure  turns out to be something crazy rare a hundred more when it's released and piece of mind  doesn't seem like a bad trade off. 

Yeah as someone who has never scored one for MSRP.  Paying a bit of premium from a seller that marked them up and not having to worry about it makes sense to me.

16 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

That’s actually how I landed AJ last night. It wasn’t from a post or refreshing manually. But I don’t think distill is available for free anymore unless you already have the extension installed. (Not positive on that.)

And yeah, not the easiest to manage it. You have to tweak and fine tune. Put in the work a bit to use it.

AJ is finicky on what valk they'll allow to ship internationally. I wonder how do they determine which is allowed and not. 

I got in on AmiAmi and HJL last night and couldn't score one.  I'm hoping for a second wave of orders trickling in soon.  I don't mine paying a bit more but not scalper price.

Edited by sharpnel

3 hours ago, bleecher said:

People have been saying it looks like the TV super pack. 

Back to the Roy figure for a second, I don't think this figure ever went up on Play Asia so I would keep an eye out there for those still interested.

Yep, looks like SP.

ss pack.jpg

19 minutes ago, crackpot said:

AJ is finicky on what valk they'll allow to ship internationally. I wonder how do they determine which is allowed and not. 

It is not so much AJ that is finicky.

Macross toys sold and shipped by Amazon Japan can usually  be shipped internationally... at least to the United States. These are usually listed as using "Amazon Global Shipping"... which to the US at least ends up being DHL. 

Unfortunately these sold and shipped by AmazonJP ones sell out first.  

3rd party sellers via Amazon Japan are the ones that are finicky regarding shipping internationally.  I have seen some that do, but these are usually more expensive for both the toy cost and the shipping cost, compared to ones sold and shipped by AmazonJP.

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Macross toys sold and shipped by Amazon Japan can usually  be shipped internationally... at least to the United States. These are usually listed as using "Amazon Global Shipping"... which to the US at least ends up being DHL. 

3rd party sellers via Amazon Japan are the ones that are finicky regarding shipping internationally.  I have seen some that do, but these are usually more expensive for both the toy cost and the shipping cost, compared to ones sold and shipped by AmazonJP.

Not always, when AJ sold the Hikaru VF-1S they did not at any point have it available for international shipping.

For some other DX figures they initially make them domestic only, and later on open it up for international shipping.

In this case it was available for international shipping from the start, with a limit per customer of 3.

@moose You are correct. They haven't yet.

Theres also curiously few on YJA. I don't intend to feed scalpers, but it's interesting to see just how many get posted. 

I guess it's still early for both of these things.

Edited by Corrinald

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I know about the global shipping. They didn't make the DYRL Hikaru VF-1S available pre-order or on release. As a matter of fact, I had a correspondence with a 3rd party seller that was willing to ship internationally and changed his setting but Amazon's system still prevented it. I think the recent YF-29 reissue wasn't made available internationally on pre-order as well by other's account. I guess there's still release day for it to possibly happen. 

Well I got this one at hlj. I love this series and I have the vf-1j in the hikaru 1S. I'm kind of regretting not picking up Max TV now. Ahh well. Doubt it's worth $300-400 to me.

15 minutes ago, lavinrac said:

Well I got this one at hlj. I love this series and I have the vf-1j in the hikaru 1S. I'm kind of regretting not picking up Max TV now. Ahh well. Doubt it's worth $300-400 to me.

I think you can still get TV Max for much less. 

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Just looking at it on my phone, it looks like a VF-1S in Gerwalk mode, with super pack and red tipped (TV) reaction missiles. 

1 hour ago, Gora said:

Yep, looks like SP.

ss pack.jpg

Well, shoot. It does look like a TV Super Set, complete with red-tipped RMS-1 missiles. I'm now grappling with two dilemmas:

1. Do I slap the current SSP and Missile sets on the TV Roy and call it good? Who knows if/when we'll see a DYRL version.
  2. Do I buy 3 of these new sets to cover Roy and the (fingers crossed) eventual Max and Milia releases?

1 minute ago, Anasazi37 said:

1. Do I buy 3 of these new sets to cover Roy and the (fingers crossed) eventual Max and Milia releases?

Max and Milia traditionally have custom super parts, IE red and blue, not the standard color worn by Hikaru and all the CFs.

2 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I think its more the universe way to give you an easy pre order (which you totally deserve)since you are going thru so much in real life now, I was refreshing ami ami at that same time and saw the add to cart but when I did it says item no longer available. No biggy for me as I was pre ordering for fun as its not an item I wanted to begin with and if I can’t get it fir msrp, I won’t be getting it.

Edited by Guyffon