Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

Just now, myk said:

Isnt that typical of anime and their toys anyway?  More popular in markets outside of japan?  For example yamato 2199 and.....cant think of anything else lol...

Yeah, I was able to score a like new SOC GX-86 for under $300, new they're around $350 and up before shipping, geez...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Yeah, I was able to score a like new SOC GX-86 for under $300, new they're around $350 and up before shipping, geez...

Ah yamato.  I still have my gx 64, but I had to program a generic IR remote to activate the sound and lights because the original remote broke.  How is that 86?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Yeah, I was able to score a like new SOC GX-86 for under $300, new they're around $350 and up before shipping, geez...

Actually I think that Fanstoys Masterpiece transformers are the easiest ones to scalp, the most ridiculous example being their dinobots, they retailed at about 150-200 each, but now the most expensive one go for like 700+ (or more if MISB) in the second market!  And I thought I paid through the nose for my ozma 25S armour set already......

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was already prepped to find an after-market or release day one, but still hoped I'd get lucky. But the worst thing is while searching I kept spotting other preorder items that now are getting my attention. (hey look, a super expensive Arcadia! Don't click preorder. Don't.).

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, myk said:

Ah yamato.  I still have my gx 64, but I had to program a generic IR remote to activate the sound and lights because the original remote broke.  How is that 86?

Freaking amazing to be frank. Motorized turrets, lights, sounds, and voice files now, more detail like the Bandai models have and even the decks have the wooden like color as in the anime. No side opening doors to show the hangar, probably due to the turret motors taking up room. 

As far as I'm concerned, it's the best SOC Yamato to date. Bandai has consistently stepped up their game with each new release. I cannot wait to see what they come out with for Yamato 2205. B))

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kyp Durron said:

Freaking amazing to be frank. Motorized turrets, lights, sounds, and voice files now, more detail like the Bandai models have and even the decks have the wooden like color as in the anime. No side opening doors to show the hangar, probably due to the turret motors taking up room. 

As far as I'm concerned, it's the best SOC Yamato to date. Bandai has consistently stepped up their game with each new release. I cannot wait to see what they come out with for Yamato 2205. B))

2205?  Man I'm really out of it.  Question: whatever happened to the idea of another SOC Andromeda?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, myk said:

2205?  Man I'm really out of it.  Question: whatever happened to the idea of another SOC Andromeda?  

Damned good question. I was asking the same thing, you'd think that making a 2202 Andromeda would have been a no brainer, looks like we're going to have to wait and see if they do a 2205 Andromeda. Was shocked they did a Soul of Chogokin GX-89 Garmillas Warship instead. 

Space Battleship Yamato 2205 will be coming out late this year, BTW. ;)

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

Damned good question. I was asking the same thing, you'd think that making a 2202 Andromeda would have been a no brainer, looks like we're going to have to wait and see if they do a 2205 Andromeda. Was shocked they did a Soul of Chogokin GX-89 Garmillas Warship

That makes no sense.  I'm not knocking the garmilas ship, but a new SOC Andromeda would've killed it.  But I guess Bandai didnt see it that way?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, myk said:

That makes no sense.  I'm not knocking the garmilas ship, but a new SOC Andromeda would've killed it.  But I guess Bandai didnt see it that way?

Apparently not. :( Really puzzling, I would have loved to have been able to sit in on their release discussion just to know where their heads were at when they made that decision. 

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say their heads were about here :813200992_download(1).png.4b2498e6c0f99825c4d3d70b58e47295.png

 

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites

My idiotic bank rejected the transaction, now NIN NIN says i have to order again, even when the order says "awaiting payment" I am so insanely angry right now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

My idiotic bank rejected the transaction, now NIN NIN says i have to order again, even when the order says "awaiting payment" I am so insanely angry right now.

I dunno man.  Like an idiot I started researching Nin just now, and the feedback from other customers is not good.  I think you might be better off lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pikashoo said:

Are those "Air intake" and other words tampo'd onto the valk? If so I've lost interest, I like my stuff plain as can be.

Yep, there is a lot of glorious tampo on these. As someone who hates putting on stickers, I like it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Actually I think that Fanstoys Masterpiece transformers are the easiest ones to scalp, the most ridiculous example being their dinobots, they retailed at about 150-200 each, but now the most expensive one go for like 700+ (or more if MISB) in the second market!  And I thought I paid through the nose for my ozma 25S armour set already......

And why the hell is that? I noticed fanstoys aftermarket prices were off the charts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vladykins said:

Yep, there is a lot of glorious tampo on these. As someone who hates putting on stickers, I like it.

Yeah my place is filled with mecha, models and RC cars with crooked and peeling labels all over them that I applied; I'll take the tampo any day lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, myk said:

I dunno man.  Like an idiot I started researching Nin just now, and the feedback from other customers is not good.  I think you might be better off lol...

Huh. I guess we'll see if my bank rejects it as it's the main payment that I'm using for Paypal right now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

Huh. I guess we'll see if my bank rejects it as it's the main payment that I'm using for Paypal right now. 

Yeah me too.  Maybe we'll all be better off lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, myk said:

Yeah me too.  Maybe we'll all be better off lol...

Like I said, I'll start a thread on them near release date so we can see who got theirs and who had to get their money back. It should be very interesting. 

Edited by Kyp Durron
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vladykins said:

Yep, there is a lot of glorious tampo on these. As someone who hates putting on stickers, I like it.

Oh well now I don't feel bad about missing out then.  I'll just keep my Yamatos unless they release one without all the tampo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pikashoo said:

Oh well now I don't feel bad about missing out then.  I'll just keep my Yamatos unless they release one without all the tampo. 

Never going to happen, that's not how Bandai rolls with their Macross releases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

My idiotic bank rejected the transaction, now NIN NIN says i have to order again, even when the order says "awaiting payment" I am so insanely angry right now.

Why would nin nin let you pay less when they can make you pay more right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Guyffon said:

Why would nin nin let you pay less when they can make you pay more right?

Not me, if they screw me, I'm done with them, I don't give second chances. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guyffon said:

Wow, and here I thought Roy wasnt that popular in japan, or is it being sold out strictly to international markets?

It no longer matters if it is popular in Japan. The thing is a hit outside Japan.. scalper will take whatever they can for double.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I still remember a valk pre-order where almost no one posted that they got one and there was much swearing until a few days later NY posted them at mark up. I've found that subscribing to their email notification about when it is available is useful, you'll either get a notice when it reopens or when it becomes available on release day. 

I can't imagine what 25 Ozma re-release would be like, but it would probably be so horrific it would open a portal into some sort of hell dimension where karaoke was mandatory and the only selections on the screen were 80's boy bands.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, after all the hype on the PO, i decided to go unbox my new VF1S Hikaru. To my suprise, this happens. So, who should I contact and get the part replacement? Please advice and thank you. Deng, what a day. 

106297264_10159856880909392_4679542285813843254_n.jpg

Edited by ikhii
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ikhii said:

So, after all the hype on PO, i decided to go open my VF1S Hikaru. To my suprise, this happens. So, who should I contact and get the part replacement? Please advice and thank you. Deng, what a day. 

106297264_10159856880909392_4679542285813843254_n.jpg

If the roy 'S is problematic in any way I will lose my s**t lol...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ikhii said:

So, after all the hype on PO, i decided to go open my VF1S Hikaru. To my suprise, this happens. So, who should I contact and get the part replacement? Please advice and thank you. Deng, what a day. 

106297264_10159856880909392_4679542285813843254_n.jpg

OOF. That sucks. :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless the place you got it from can help you you’re SOL. Bandai doesn’t service customers outside of japan. I tired to get help when my YF-19 literally fell in half and nada 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, myk said:

If the roy 'S is problematic in any way I will lose my s**t lol...

You and me both, first thing I will be checking for is that along with the skulls on the tailfins to make sure they're printed straight, that was a thing with Yamato and their 1/48's - their 1/60 V2's as I recall. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

dont buy from nin nim  i thought i got lucky but after adding it to cart then check out  they switched the item for a used hikaru and charged my paypal!!

 

now they taken £377 pounds for a used hikaru!!!

 

have reported them with paypal but now im frakking angry!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, yami4ct said:

Unless the place you got it from can help you you’re SOL. Bandai doesn’t service customers outside of japan. I tired to get help when my YF-19 literally fell in half and nada 

That's a bummer. I guess need to do DIY style for an overpaid VALK. it sucks! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

You and me both, first thing I will be checking for is that along with the skulls on the tailfins to make sure they're printed straight, that was a thing with Yamato and their 1/48's - their 1/60 V2's as I recall. 

I will never forget my Yamato '0S and its fingers crumbling apart into my hands.  Its one of the reasons why I stopped collecting these things...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...