Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

AE gone (site is crashaholla)

AmiAmi went back - it was slow but managed to get one!

 

I saw the AJ link - but Amazon Japan stopped shipping to NZ after the new tax laws last December

Congrats to everyone who managed to get one!

DX VV preordered

DX VF-1S Roy

Mission accomplished

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last few pre-orders I've noticed something about amiami. 15 minutes to the second after POs open (and they've shown as sold out) they come back up. And for the last 3 pre-orders that's where I've been able to get my Valks. Just sheparded the 1S through after half an hour. Same with the 29 and the 1/48 before that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats for those that got one for Amiami.

1 minute ago, Roy Focker said:

I have to now update my home address with Ami Ami. 

And give them your correct address this time! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think everyone's experience is different - I certainly felt that this time wasn't as bad as the previous Hikaru VF1s DYRL release which I was unable to secure then but managed to get Max VF1a before. Nin-nin didn't have any early release this time but Nippon Yasan did. 

In any case, I've learnt HobbySearch is near impossible to even land on when these pre-orders drop. That said, I won't complain - I feel like copping a pair of OG Nike Jordans or SB dunks is even harder than these Macross pre-orders.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

At min 12:25 am PST then 5 min later I manage to get an order from AmiAmi and the email confirmation too ,

The page started load up pretty quickly now with Orders Closed message, still didn't give up and after several F5's , surprise the Orange Add to cart button appeared! 

image.png.8cea683db24ae39f1ebe3bcb428b75a7.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

this round was pretty much as bad as the VF-1S Hilkaru for me. Kept getting either cart jacked or the site just did not load.

The only reason I managed to get the Hikaru was because I was in Japan around the release date and managed to snag one from Tamashii Nation itself.

I doubt I'll have the same luxury this round, so this whole thing has been extremely frustrating as usual, and I blame Bandai for always allocating so little preorder slots.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Scored at amiami.

It was in my cart for like 40 minutes trying to check out.  Here is my theory.  Once it is in your cart, you have it for a certain time.  As long as you are making progress along the path, they will let you keep it in your cart.  My theory is that there is a timeout where they clear your cart and put it back into gen pop, that's why they become available again.

It was in my cart for like 20 minutes not letting me proceed.  Then it let me go to payments but sat there for another 20 minutes because there were too many users for me to check out.  So I just kept trying to pay and eventually it worked.

Good luck all.  This is enough to turn people off the hobby.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

¥40,891 for 2 shipped to California with Amazon Japan.

$218.55 for 1 with Nin-Nin and FedEx/DHL shipping. Would have been $210 w/o paypal fee, but didn't trust their credit card processor.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy for the people who've gotten them so far, but after getting cartjacked at both Amazon and Nin-nin these confirmations sting lol

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alex GS said:

At min 12:25 am PST then 5 min later I manage to get an order from AmiAmi and the email confirmation too ,

The page started load up pretty quickly now with Orders Closed message, still didn't give up and after several F5's , surprise the Orange Add to cart button appeared! 

image.png.8cea683db24ae39f1ebe3bcb428b75a7.png

 

 

This happened to me., saw the orange button but reflex was too much., I pressed F5. THen it never appeared again

Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that AE went down a few minutes after 4pm JST. At first it struggled and you'd get the occasional error message, then it just turned into a dumpster fire of sadness and poor web site design. HLJ did the "can't add item to cart" thing with the Hikaru 1S, too. This somehow feels worse, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

ah sigh, too stressful, I mean seriously, demand is there, so why can't companies just allow people to buy and make websites handle the traffic, etc. ugh need a drink.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SpaceCowboy said:

Scored at amiami.

It was in my cart for like 40 minutes trying to check out.  Here is my theory.  Once it is in your cart, you have it for a certain time.  As long as you are making progress along the path, they will let you keep it in your cart.  My theory is that there is a timeout where they clear your cart and put it back into gen pop, that's why they become available again.

It was in my cart for like 20 minutes not letting me proceed.  Then it let me go to payments but sat there for another 20 minutes because there were too many users for me to check out.  So I just kept trying to pay and eventually it worked.

Good luck all.  This is enough to turn people off the hobby.

 

Same here, but it took me 25 minutes!!

Don't give up with AmiAmi

First it showed sold out but then I scored one!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥40,891 for 2 shipped to California with Amazon Japan.

$218.55 for 1 with Nin-Nin and FedEx/DHL shipping. Would have been $210 w/o paypal fee, but didn't trust their credit card processor.

We scored them from the same places! Yeah, I wasn't in the mood to leave anything to chance, so AJ is shipping mine to Tenso and I used PayPal for Nin-Nin. One false move and I would have been cart-jacked. (everybody drink!)

Link to post
Share on other sites

One last thing....you guys may want to make sure you can still log in at HLJ, old passwords may not work there anymore and you need to go through a password reset. Hate for anyone to get cart jacked because they couldn’t log in there.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...