Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 minute ago, gingaio said:

Hilarious. Bandai didn't think tonight would be hard enough for us, so they're going to throw in an SOC that most of us have been waiting, what, two decades for? 

Hopefully it's just a misunderstanding and it's just an announcement for the product. Somebody from the Soul of Chogokin thread said it was tonight but I don't think it's been confirmed anywhere else.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Nope, nothing to see here....

2 hours ago, gingaio said:

It is for some limited-edition My Little Ponys. But nothing Macross-related. Nothing at all...

I feel like I’m missing something here but I’ll check in tomorrow lol

10 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

How does one find the preorder page on HLJ?
Search once it goes on sale?

Good luck with that big buddy! (on hlj)

Btw, speaking of which, nothing up yet among the usual suspects. The PO page that is.

Edited by fenrir72

So this is my first foray into pre-order madness.  The unfortunate side-effect of extreme alcohol consumption is impulse buying other items while trying to temper my OCD.

A side question - do all the DX VF-1S Hikarus have the "100" on the right vertical stabilizer?

13 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So it costs almost as much as one of the Metal Build Evas, has less detail, fewer accessories, less diecast, but better articulation and more anime-accurate.

I'm good with my Metal Builds.

Yeah, I’m going to hold out on it too but it is also much larger than the MB. I think I’ll wait for the inevitable later releases and get one version that I don’t already have in MB. 

45 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So it costs almost as much as one of the Metal Build Evas, has less detail, fewer accessories, less diecast, but better articulation and more anime-accurate.

I'm good with my Metal Builds.

It's almost twice the size of a MB and is a more literal, as opposed to overly stylized, interpretation of the design. If I liked the Rebuild look, I'd go for it. I still might.

I'd much rather have something like this based on the TV designs, though. 

Edited by gingaio

37 minutes ago, ghostryder said:

So this is my first foray into pre-order madness.  The unfortunate side-effect of extreme alcohol consumption is impulse buying other items while trying to temper my OCD.

A side question - do all the DX VF-1S Hikarus have the "100" on the right vertical stabilizer?

Sadly yes.

eva.JPG.ec61f1c2373013a78b4f420e19512dc0.JPG

https://tamashii.jp/item/13312/

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread to continue the Eva discussion, but one last comment from me! Upon closer inspection the proportions just seem off when compared to the Threezero offering. Mind you I know the Threezero one is based on the Rebuild series, but this Dynaction figure seems to have an oversized head, stubby torso and wide hips. Be curious what other people's thoughts are.

I’m so lost on what to even get tonight. 
I “think” I’m good on the VF-1S but chances are I’m going to try for it anyway. I “think” I want the DX Voltes V but I just pre ordered a equally expensive Baikanfu

I “think” I want the Evangelion but I kinda like the RG more even if the size is small. 

I’ll just buy them all prob 

*Queue the Macross meme of the wallet being destroyed *

3 minutes ago, bleecher said:

eva.JPG.ec61f1c2373013a78b4f420e19512dc0.JPG

https://tamashii.jp/item/13312/

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate thread to continue the Eva discussion, but one last comment from me! Upon closer inspection the proportions just seem off when compared to the Threezero offering. Mind you I know the Threezero one is based on the Rebuild series, but this Dynaction figure seems to have an oversized head, stubby torso and wide hips. Be curious what other people's thoughts are.

At 40CM tall, you will need some headroom in your display....