Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

3 hours ago, RedComet said:

I'm not an artist, so I teamed up with a guy who actually is (makes his living that way, not just a hobbyist). So I did the designs and water slide decals, planning and sourcing of figures etc. He will be painting the first two this week, and I will definitely be posting some pics here, so stay tuned!

40 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Were you the guy on FB coordinating that deal to convert Hikaru's into Roys?

Hmm.. I might take you up on that offer @RedComet. I have a V.2 Yammie 1/60 1J with GBP that has been yellowed and got the Shapeways replacement for it (haven't got the time to do anything presently).

4 hours ago, RedComet said:

If you want a DX Roy VF-1S, that's exactly what my customs this summer will be. They won't be cell shaded, but they will be high quality. I am doing them all enamel for durability, with light weathering on that (unless people specify otherwise) then all sealed in a clear coat. Even doing small details like changing the cockpit name/rank and painting the figure helmets yellow. And you can have 2 of them complete for the price of one LEK

Interesting offer and I'd like to see some completed work. Either way, you are offering something different and no offense but you and your partner have not proven yourselves to be the best there is at what you do like LEK has. I'm not really interested in converting an existing Hikaru 1S into a Roy because I'd rather just wait and buy a Roy from the factory for a lot less but I get the additional customization. Overall, I'm not as interested in weathering and decals. LEK is creating 3D cell shaded works of art, which is something I'm more interested in. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Tempting. Could you link to some examples of your work?

I feel the same...I think I was talking to dude on Facebook about that.  If I saw a preview or some other work...550....wouldn't be bad at all for a custom.

1 minute ago, SpoonieG2010 said:

I feel the same...I think I was talking to dude on Facebook about that.  If I saw a preview or some other work...550....wouldn't be bad at all for a custom.

Haha, I am the same guy, there aren't two people doing the exact same project right now :D But yeah, this time next week the first two should be done. Then I will be asking half for a deposit before painting starts, then approval of pics of the one you ordered, then the rest before shipping.

6 hours ago, RedComet said:

Haha, I am the same guy, there aren't two people doing the exact same project right now :D But yeah, this time next week the first two should be done. Then I will be asking half for a deposit before painting starts, then approval of pics of the one you ordered, then the rest before shipping.

When you have finished examples please let me know. I have three DX's I may want to get done.:good:

Anyone desperate for the DX SSP and can't wait for your pre-ordered one (second wave) to arrive?

12k yen (unopened, package damaged) - https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1127163959&ref=list&keyword=%E3%83%9E%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AD%E3%82%B9&lang=en

Edited by borgified

9 hours ago, eyesonme78 said:

Hi anyone has a picture of DX vf-1a max tv style with ssp?

Here's one that @wmkjr posted on March 1.

Which brings up this question: @Saburo - I remember that you had a pic with the DX Max's 1a with the DX SSP set. I take it that's it been removed as I can't seem to find it anymore.

ER2yq6HUYAAz37E.jpg

4 hours ago, borgified said:

Here's one that @wmkjr posted on March 1.

Which brings up this question: @Saburo - I remember that you had a pic with the DX Max's 1a with the DX SSP set. I take it that's it been removed as I can't seem to find it anymore.

@borgified, sorry that wasn't me.  I had it on my list to take pics of the Max VF-1A with SSP but never got that chance to take pics.  Now that I have lots of time on my hands, I'll see about getting to it. :D

37 minutes ago, RedComet said:

Anyone think that there is any chance we'll ever see the Armor for the DX series? That's what I really want for my VF-1J (cause Super Parts aren't cannon) :D

vf-1j-gbp-whitevisor.gif

At some point in time will eventually see the GBP Armor. That's why the nose-cone on the DX VF-1's fold back, that's a design intended for the Armor. B))

12 hours ago, Toonz said:

Guys, for those of you who received the email indicating that the DX fast pack set to be release on 30/4 from Nipponyasan", any updates so far?

Nothing but they are currently  closed for the holiday.

N-Y got back to me last Wednesday and I agreed to upgrade shipping from EMS to UPS. It cost an extra $30 US to make the switch which wasn't too outrageous. UPS was able to deliver the package to my door on Monday. I admit it's a relief to finally have my items in hand. If the price for UPS shipping had gone north of $50, I might still be waiting.

On 5/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, borgified said:

ER2yq6HUYAAz37E.jpg

Oh cool, rearward-firing missile packs! New innovation for VF-1s, I believe.

18 hours ago, Toonz said:

Guys, for those of you who received the email indicating that the DX fast pack set to be release on 30/4 from Nipponyasan", any updates so far?

Complete radio silence for me. I'm a bit more curious how they're going to handle this than I am anxious to get my toy, so I'll see how long after Golden Week I can wait to poke them first.

Edited by MikeRoz

25 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Complete radio silence for me. I'm a bit more curious how they're going to handle this than I am anxious to get my toy, so I'll see how long after Golden Week I can wait to poke them first.

If you did SAL or EMS to a destination that they can't deliver to anymore, they will either offer you to upgrade to UPS for $30+ (which is silly to me when their EMS is already like $40+ on this item but totally get it - just adds up if you purchased more than 1 set,) offer to hold indefinitely or if you ask, they may (or may not) refund you.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

2 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

You think this means we will get the other two DYRL 1As before any official Focker?

3 minutes ago, totallyjem said:

Me either, but I did email them yesterday to see whats up since its almost been a year since I ordered the plane and 2 sets of armor. They haven't shipped anything :(

I got strike parts ready to go if you are interested :) $160 DHL and you will get it next week

15 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

If you did SAL or EMS to a destination that they can't deliver to anymore, they will either offer you to upgrade to UPS for $30+ (which is silly to me when their EMS is already like $40+ on this item but totally get it - just adds up if you purchased more than 1 set,) offer to hold indefinitely or if you ask, they may (or may not) refund you.

Right, but did you poke them first or did they poke you first? I haven't heard of them poking first yet.

44 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Right, but did you poke them first or did they poke you first? I haven't heard of them poking first yet.

Oh yeah, for sure.  I don't think any of us have heard from them without inquiring first yet. hah  But to be fair, they were on an extended holiday to celebrate Golden Week until today I think.  We'll likely begin to see communication from them in the weeks ahead.

4 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Oh yeah, for sure.  I don't think any of us have heard from them without inquiring first yet. hah  But to be fair, they were on an extended holiday to celebrate Golden Week until today I think.  We'll likely begin to see communication from them in the weeks ahead.

Exactly. Not sure why anyone would expect a response from people who are on vacation...

On 5/6/2020 at 1:45 PM, MikeRoz said:

Backwards missiles?  I know someone who’s a pro at that.

60B56104-8E53-4C2F-B8F1-A6DB715D7947.jpeg.bf5945891bb2303efe35163ea74ae928.jpeg