Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

11 hours ago, LRS said:

I only plan to purchase one bandai dx and that's it I'm done.

10 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Famous. Last. Words.

I was only going to get one single Arcadia 1/60.

A few years later, and thousands of dollars later...

3ur79u.jpg.2d6bc7b3602e6b1bdd4cf8fc1b3d001b.jpg

8 hours ago, sqidd said:

3ur79u.jpg.2d6bc7b3602e6b1bdd4cf8fc1b3d001b.jpg

I only collect transformers normally and I bought the Bandai VF-1S Hikaru and told myself I would only buy the future Roy 1S and be happy with two.

But it’s my birthday later this week so I decided to go ahead and order the Kakizaki. So now I’m looking at getting the whole skull squad..... I think I may have an addiction problem. 

9 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

So now I’m looking at getting the whole skull squad..... I think I may have an addiction problem. 

And that my dear friend is another issue.

We're all here to diversify your Macross collection and other various hobbies that we all have in common. :lol:

27 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

I only collect transformers normally and I bought the Bandai VF-1S Hikaru and told myself I would only buy the future Roy 1S and be happy with two.

But it’s my birthday later this week so I decided to go ahead and order the Kakizaki. So now I’m looking at getting the whole skull squad..... I think I may have an addiction problem. 

The only way I would get another 1/48 is if it came bundled with GBP armor and they never sold it separately. Or if they came out with an obscure version such as the Alaska Guards. If there was a mecha that was shown for 10 seconds or less I must have it. 

I would love a 1/48 Cats Eye

Edited by LRS

5 minutes ago, LRS said:

The only way I would get another 1/48 is if it came bundled with GBP armor and they never sold it separately. Or if they came out with an obscure version such as the Alaska Guards. If there was a mecha that was shown for 10 seconds or less I must have it. 

The 1/48 Yammie has covered that, however not in DX format yet (which is up to Bandai to decide when to release it)

Mechas where done in the 1/60 Yammie scale only. 

I am in disbelief.  My first order ever from Nippon-Yasan (placed 01/28/2020) arrived in the mail today...a DX VF-1A Max.  Granted, I opted for JP International by Ferry, and there is this whole pandemic going on, so I knew I was in for a long haul, but this is the first time I've every actually received product in exchange for money from NY after several orders.  

53 minutes ago, LRS said:

I wonder if reduced manufacturing due to covid will curtail the number of kakizaki made and make it the rarest dx of all. It's not a popular model. I can see them cutting production short. 

Kinda doubt it at this time. Manufacturing is in China where they don't really care for such things. If anything, Bandai will just delay the release like what they already did with some items. 

5 hours ago, Paco Grande said:

So now I’m looking at getting the whole skull squad..... I think I may have an addiction problem. 

And now you have to get 4x Strike packs to go with them, like a certain person I know (looks in the mirror).

@DYRL VF-1S I broke down and ordered Kakizaki's 1A. If I get a Hikaru 1A and a Max 1S (assuming they do those) then it would actually be screen accurate to NOT have them in super/strike packs. :)

Granted it was only about 20 seconds of screentime before Max stole the show, but it's something. Might need to order a 1/60 Queadluun-rau too if it ever happened. I know the scales would be off but those things are so big it wouldn't matter.

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

@DYRL VF-1S I broke down and ordered Kakizaki's 1A. If I get a Hikaru 1A and a Max 1S (assuming they do those) then it would actually be screen accurate to NOT have them in super/strike packs. :)

Granted it was only about 20 seconds of screentime before Max stole the show, but it's something. Might need to order a 1/60 Queadluun-rau too if it ever happened. I know the scales would be off but those things are so big it wouldn't matter.

Well, they showed off the Hikaru 1A already, but nothing yet for Max 1S - only the DYRL Max 1A.  And considering they showed the 001 Black Skull in the SSPs, we know Roy is coming at some point as well.

Bandai always be messing with the teams.  But I'm cool with having a 1A squad and a Roy.

1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

20 seconds....now I might have to add a Max 1S to my own collection....

3 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

Might need to order a 1/60 Queadluun-rau too if it ever happened. I know the scales would be off but those things are so big it wouldn't matter.

Your post just made me think and I just did this quickly (I believe that this was done before, however with the two Yamato scales in tow).

Here's the DX VF-1s Strike Hikaru and the 1/60 Yamato Q-Rau Max as is. 

DSC01774.jpg

@LRS kakizaki’s 1a got about 20 seconds of screen time in the atmosphere without SSP before he got blown up. I think Hikaru’s 1a is also only briefly in that scene. The focus was on max. But of course we got hikaru’s 1a without SSP at the beginning of the movie. 

Max got several minutes of an epic mecha battle in his. 

these things are already expensive. Adding accessories to each one is just harsh. 

I expect my 1S Hikaru to be naked for a long time. Paid for my AE preorder more than a half year ago. I'm in the April batch but the postal service from Japan to Argentina is postponed for the time being.

Hope AE holds my preorder for me.

3 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

@LRS kakizaki’s 1a got about 20 seconds of screen time in the atmosphere without SSP before he got blown up. I think Hikaru’s 1a is also only briefly in that scene. The focus was on max. But of course we got hikaru’s 1a without SSP at the beginning of the movie. 

Max got several minutes of an epic mecha battle in his. 

these things are already expensive. Adding accessories to each one is just harsh. 

But we saw hikaru 1A at the beginning of DYRL. Yes with fast packs but still. Actually, unless I'm mistaken, max's 1A was only shown for like five seconds...but I dont like duplicate reskins. So the 1S max is what I'm hoping for. 

8 minutes ago, LRS said:

But we saw hikaru 1A at the beginning of DYRL. Yes with fast packs but still. Actually, unless I'm mistaken, max's 1A was only shown for like five seconds...but I dont like duplicate reskins. So the 1S max is what I'm hoping for. 

Ya but it was epic;)3507DC3C-723E-4D19-9433-41835F2FD969.gif.d2f6e8acb844b241d7f41f5b94c34192.gif

12 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Ya but it was epic;)3507DC3C-723E-4D19-9433-41835F2FD969.gif.d2f6e8acb844b241d7f41f5b94c34192.gif

Indeed it is. I've seen this clip a billion times and I still dont understand how he got the pilot out of the pod. They need more animation frames for that sequence. 

That is why I have little interest for TV hero valks. I was exposed to DYRL first and didnt see the tv show until years later and even then it was robotech. The animation didnt exactly wow me. 

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I expect my 1S Hikaru to be naked for a long time. Paid for my AE preorder more than a half year ago. I'm in the April batch but the postal service from Japan to Argentina is postponed for the time being.

Hope AE holds my preorder for me.

AE has always had an “indefinite private warehouse”. I’ve had items sit with them for over a year.