Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Well looking at the way they have been coming out. We got the TV VF-1J Hikaru & VF-1A Max, then DYRL VF-1S Hikaru and VF-1A Hayao, I'm betting we get a TV Release next of either VF-1S Roy or VF-1A Hayao.

I don’t think we’ll see a TV Roy.  If it’s a 1S it’d likely be Hikaru if history repeats itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want this VF-1A . I'm hoping to catch it after the dust settles..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I don’t think we’ll see a TV Roy.  If it’s a 1a it’d likely be Hikaru if history repeats itself.

Corrected your post.

Then we get majorly screwed over if its Roy's 1s (then the bloodbath ensues to get a copy just like what @Slave IV mentioned). =@

Edit: Or better yet - Max's 1s

Edited by borgified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, borgified said:

Corrected your post.

Then we get majorly screwed over if its Roy's 1s (then the bloodbath ensues to get a copy just like what @Slave IV mentioned). =@

Edit: Or better yet - Max's 1s

Haha right?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that was not able to place their preorder in due to their proxy of choice having already maxed out their order allotment.    Your choice is simple .

Since the preorder is still open on the p-Bandai page, all you need to do is ask another proxy to place the order for you .    If that’s also full , then ask the next proxy .

Similar to a regular release,  store A sold out , try store B,  then store C, etc .

Some proxy charge more than orders just like buying from different stores .


No need to give up so soon .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want this but I think the days where I scour sites looking for them are gone. If one pops up on release for a decent price I’ll grab it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like FromJapan managed to secure an order for me.

Anyone still looking: try DeJapan and Zen Market.

If those fail, and you don't mind paying similar price to NY you can try emailing Gentei Kits and seeing if he can get one for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, jenius said:

This will be easily had..

 I'm not so sure amigo..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bolt said:

 I'm not so sure amigo..

"I just can't find that Hayao Kakizaki VF-1A I desperately want" said no one ever within three months of the toy's release. Any store right now that sees there's still demand while the order window is open will likely find a way to get more and the places you normally use as last resort (nin-nin and Mykombini) will probably come through since it's very unlikely there's going to be a huge swelling of demand after release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its artificial inflation of the price by lowering the actual volume of the items available on their portal to drive the price up.

If the item is still available on the TW website, they should be able to place an order, unless each store has a limit on the number they can place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it might be easier to get after release than right now, because at the moment you have to fight the re-seller/speculator swarm.  I can't see this being -that- popular.

The only concern I really have is that Bandai will produce a stupidly small amount, because they don't expect there to be any demand for the character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jenius said:

"I just can't find that Hayao Kakizaki VF-1A I desperately want" said no one ever within three months of the toy's release. Any store right now that sees there's still demand while the order window is open will likely find a way to get more and the places you normally use as last resort (nin-nin and Mykombini) will probably come through since it's very unlikely there's going to be a huge swelling of demand after release. 

 

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, it might be easier to get after release than right now, because at the moment you have to fight the re-seller/speculator swarm.  I can't see this being -that- popular.

The only concern I really have is that Bandai will produce a stupidly small amount, because they don't expect there to be any demand for the character.

That's the issue right there. There's been no issue with supply of Kakizaki because it wasn't Bandai producing it.

Because Bandai is known for producing plenty of goods so that everyone can order one with ease!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, it might be easier to get after release than right now, because at the moment you have to fight the re-seller/speculator swarm.  I can't see this being -that- popular.

The only concern I really have is that Bandai will produce a stupidly small amount, because they don't expect there to be any demand for the character.

That's wwhat's happened on all of the releases so far, there seems to be about a 3 day window after release where the scalpers will be in a war with one another. Dropping the price "somewhat " comparable to release rate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gabuyan said:

Its artificial inflation of the price by lowering the actual volume of the items available on their portal to drive the price up.

If the item is still available on the TW website, they should be able to place an order, unless each store has a limit on the number they can place.

Yes , each proxy / store has a limit on how much they can place .   That is base around the limits of each item per shipping address. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Yeah, it might be easier to get after release than right now, because at the moment you have to fight the re-seller/speculator swarm.  I can't see this being -that- popular.

The only concern I really have is that Bandai will produce a stupidly small amount, because they don't expect there to be any demand for the character.

This twe is still available on p-Bandai .  So you do not have to fight with resellers .  You just need to get a proxy to preorder this for you .    A proxy is not gonna charge a extra fee for macros item , it will be the same fee for them . 

Proxy will need to add in domestic shipping and their fees can be as low as a flat rate of 300 yen  to some will change 10% of item price or even 15% . 

 

TWE is order on demand.  Bandai will produce base on how many was preordered .  So if less preordered = less produce .   This item does not seem to be that popular compare to some that gets sold out in minutes to hours . Along with a 2nd batch , and even 3rd batch for supper popular items .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit the bullet and went with NY.  Their shipping adds a lot more pain to the total but they always come through for me and I won't have to stress at release time looking for one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, F360 said:

TWE is order on demand.  Bandai will produce base on how many was preordered .  So if less preordered = less produce .   This item does not seem to be that popular compare to some that gets sold out in minutes to hours . Along with a 2nd batch , and even 3rd batch for supper popular items .

See, after the VF-31A situation, I'm not sure this is entirely true.  I think they gauge interest to a point, but they may very well cap orders at a certain production limit, regardless of demand.  At least with the strike packs, that seemed to be the case, but if they don't have demand enough to justify a second production run, they may just cut off orders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bolt said:

 I'm not so sure amigo..

So far everything has been easily had on release day. Sure, at a bit of a premium, but no more than AE or NY is selling them for right now.

I got a Max  and the 1S Higgy (x6) on release day. Got the Max for retail. Got the Higgy's for over retail, but not much. Certainly not enough for me to participate in PO bloodbaths. I'm pretty sure at this point I'm just going to wait until DX release days, pay the premium price and not have to worry about any PO stress/nonsense, when it's going to ship, etc. Plus, the I get to keep my money in my pocket the entire time and don't have to worry about CC or PP recourse expiration dates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Alan Molina said:

sorry guys im new to this forum what is NY and AE ?

AE = Anime Export

NY = Nippon-Yasan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

For those who looking for forward service with open slots, you can try https://www.opennippon.com/#js1585227999268 , it's a good one. I used russian version of this site a few times before and once for p-bandai orders and all good.

If you can't order directly you can contact with support and they will help to make order. Their automatical systems sometimes works not so good fo p-bandai.

Edited by enphily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

AE = Anime Export

NY = Nippon-Yasan

Thanks, mate. I ordered my from mykombini.com hopefully i will have no issues with it. it was 20000 yen plus 5000 EMS  so fingers crossed. I have never purchased from them  only  amiami and ebay. just really hard to get stuff in the UK from japan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like FromJapan managed to secure an order for me.

Anyone still looking: try DeJapan and Zen Market.

If those fail, and you don't mind paying similar price to NY you can try emailing Gentei Kits and seeing if he can get one for you.

Yea... FJ failed me. I put an order in about 3:15am EST opening night (day in jpn 4:15pm) and found out they cancelled my order yet accepted a friend's order who placed nearly 6+ hrs after mine. I paid as soon as the option was available too.

Going to give DJ as try since that's where I have my Nu Funnels.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was only really interested in this one because I wanted it to sell reasonably well to increase the chance of a TV Kakzaki.  It looks like it is selling well enough that I won't have to subsidize poor Hayao, and I'm not going through any kind of hassle to get his DYRL release.  If it is readily available after release at or near regular retail, I might grab one, but probably not.

I'm with the people thinking the initial (only?) production run will be crazy low relative to the last DX VF-1 releases.  We know how much Bandai hates the idea of shelf-warmers, and they aren't afraid to leave some potential money on the table if it means their product doesn't get marked down.  This could potentially become a weird "grail" for people trying to get this whole line.  Only time will tell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great for everyone that can get one and one day complete a skull Squad but it for me. Show me the armor parts already Bandai!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DYRL Kaki? Ugh, pass, I just want TV valks.

Also, can't Bandai just release a TV Roy 1S with a Roy and Hikaru pilot figure included then problem solved? I don't remember the valk having any differences between when Roy and Hikaru piloted it, aside from eventual TV super parts. If people want a Roy 1S with both pilots they can just double dip the same way they would have to if Bandai did separate TV releases anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Tking22 said:

Also, can't Bandai just release a TV Roy 1S with a Roy and Hikaru pilot figure included then problem solved? I don't remember the valk having any differences between when Roy and Hikaru piloted it, aside from eventual TV super parts. If people want a Roy 1S with both pilots they can just double dip the same way they would have to if Bandai did separate TV releases anyway.

This would make WAY to much sense however Bandai would mostly like do them as separate releases so they can tampo the cockpits with the correct names. 

TV Fast Packs would be great for eventual Cannon Fodder 1A's! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jenius said:

"I just can't find that Hayao Kakizaki VF-1A I desperately want" said no one ever within three months of the toy's release. Any store right now that sees there's still demand while the order window is open will likely find a way to get more and the places you normally use as last resort (nin-nin and Mykombini) will probably come through since it's very unlikely there's going to be a huge swelling of demand after release. 

You have to admit it'd be hilarious if a Kakizaki valkyrie, of all things, became the next Kairos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

You have to admit it'd be hilarious if a Kakizaki valkyrie, of all things, became the next Kairos.

This is what I'm afraid of. Others with more experience don't seem so worried. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Kairos is a beautiful color scheme though. If I ordered this and my order got cancelled due to scarce supply I don’t think I’d lose any sleep over it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i'm just going to wait to release. My life is too hectic to worry about this kind of stuff these days. Though i was able to get a Max 1A after release at a reasonable price, i wasn't able to get the 1S at a reasonable price. Looks like i'm stuck paying a premium if i want that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost anything we're talking about is "easy" to get. If you are willing to pay any price.:D

I'm just glad I got in with okiniland at the lower price. Thanks again @DYRL VF-1S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...