Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Just now, DYRL VF-1S said:

On that note, did you score a 1S yet??  I want pics when you do!! haha

Haha, keep your eye out for pictures to come...some day. LOL. The 1S and DX 31A are the two main items I missed out on from NY. 1S, I was too slow, 31A, I was way too slow/confident it would stay open for order longer.

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, keep your eye out for pictures to come...some day. LOL. The 1S and DX 31A are the two main items I missed out on from NY. 1S, I was too slow, 31A, I was way too slow/confident it would stay open for order longer.

Man...I'm just bummed that my HS valk was busted, because that had your name on it at MSRP. 

Someone be on the lookout for my man @Slave IV and help a brother out!  (Unless he doesn't want our help cuz I know he likes the hunt!)

6 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'll buy two from NY and not worry about it again until it shows up on my lawn. Easiest and cheapest option with nothing to worry about for me.

My only concern about this approach is what happened with the strike packs.  For whatever reason, they just didn't forward any of the orders to Bandai before the window closed.

Whether they knew there was a second order window coming or not, that delay in their process doesn't build my confidence that they'll be a reliable source.

4 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Man...I'm just bummed that my HS valk was busted, because that had your name on it at MSRP. 

Someone be on the lookout for my man @Slave IV and help a brother out!  (Unless he doesn't want our help cuz I know he likes the hunt!)

Thanks @DYRL VF-1S! I think I'm good now though. Just not in a hurry to do anything especially since the 2nd batch SSP sets will be delayed. 

2 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

My only concern about this approach is what happened with the strike packs.  For whatever reason, they just didn't forward any of the orders to Bandai before the window closed.

Whether they knew there was a second order window coming or not, that delay in their process doesn't build my confidence that they'll be a reliable source.

I'm not worried about when I get my stuff, as long as I get it.

Edited by Slave IV

55 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Unless it's something like the VF-31A or YF-19, in which case I'm just buying as many as I can get my hands on. :p 

Funny you mention the two releases I have the most copies of...

3x 31A and 4x YF-19. Honestly I should probably sell at least one of each.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Funny you mention the two releases I have the most copies of...

3x 31A and 4x YF-19. Honestly I should probably sell at least one of each.

All told, the VF-19 in general is the only airframe I have nearly as many of as I have VF-1s.  I grabbed as many of the Bandai release as I could so I can spread the ordnance around all my Bandai valks. :lol: 

36 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

All told, the VF-19 in general is the only airframe I have nearly as many of as I have VF-1s.  I grabbed as many of the Bandai release as I could so I can spread the ordnance around all my Bandai valks. :lol: 

4x DX YF-19

2x Arcadia YF-19

1x Yamato (25th anniversary) YF-19

3x Yamato VF-19 (Emerald Squad)

That's just the 1/60 scale ones.

On 3/1/2020 at 3:56 PM, 505thAirborne said:

A94C2778-9D9E-477B-9020-FA80DC9C38F3.jpeg

I need to get a set of the TV Fast packs for my Roy VF-1S. 

Awesome group shot @nightmareB4macross, love the custom Kakizaki & Miria figures. B))

A tv macross? is that the one that needs t obe taken apart? id love more info on that, btw love the use of the CM's figures, i realy need to pick up a hikaru and Fockker

1 hour ago, Darkspire17 said:

A tv macross? is that the one that needs t obe taken apart? id love more info on that, btw love the use of the CM's figures, i realy need to pick up a hikaru and Fockker

It's probably his custom.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/35140-13000-sdf-1-tv/?tab=comments#comment-913041

NHk's ultimate poll..
Top 10 Mecha
1) YF-19 (Macross Plus, OVA)
2) VF-1S Valkyrie (Focker) (SDFM, TV):unknw:
3) YF-29 Durandal (Alto) (Frontier, MOV)
4) VF-19 Kai (Basara Sp.) (M7, TV)
5) VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Focker) (DYRL, MOV)
6) VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru) (DYRL, MOV)
7) YF-19 (Plus, MOV)
8)VF-31F Siegfried (Messer) (Delta, TV)
9) VF-25F Messiah (Alto) (Frontier, TV)
10) VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru) (SDFM, TV)

Did Bandai take notes?

provided by @Tochiro on his very thorough write up.

29 minutes ago, Bolt said:
NHk's ultimate poll..
Top 10 Mecha
1) YF-19 (Macross Plus, OVA)
2) VF-1S Valkyrie (Focker) (SDFM, TV):unknw:
3) YF-29 Durandal (Alto) (Frontier, MOV)
4) VF-19 Kai (Basara Sp.) (M7, TV)
5) VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Focker) (DYRL, MOV)
6) VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru) (DYRL, MOV)
7) YF-19 (Plus, MOV)
8)VF-31F Siegfried (Messer) (Delta, TV)
9) VF-25F Messiah (Alto) (Frontier, TV)
10) VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru) (SDFM, TV)

Did Bandai take notes?

provided by @Tochiro on his very thorough write up.

YF-19's quite an awesome mecha that it got both #1 and #7 spots simultaneously...

:bump:

Uhhh.. top ten mecha from Macross?  I'm assuming that's the context there? :lol: 

I'm not going to argue with it taking two spots though.  The technical reason is that it's in both the OAV and movie, but the YF-19 occupies multiple spots in my display space as well. ^_^ 

Edited by Chronocidal

55 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Uhhh.. top ten mecha from Macross?  I'm assuming that's the context there? :lol: 

Some probably remember this from last May. It has it's own thread, but here's the article @Tochiro put together. There's WAY more info than top ten mecha..https://www.decultureshock.com/nhks-ultimate-macross-poll/

Edited by Bolt

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

Just wait until the DX GBP gets released; theoretically that it might increase in price like Arad'a 31s when the Silpheed Armour was announced.  :wacko:

There is no doubt that if there is no second release of the 1J to go along with the armor it will skyrocket.

Decided to pull the trigger and start a VF-1 collection. 617401836_DXVF-1.thumb.jpg.a678628ca10253de20398cab5a7e982c.jpg

Had some fun with the VF-1S.1522468447_VF-1SValkyrie.thumb.jpg.862e1cda884e6b4b60641aa0fcf1decd.jpg1219494799_VF-1SGerwalk.thumb.jpg.fb51a5178aae86f24f7e6b058aa44685.jpg575159825_VF-1SBattroid.thumb.jpg.06589cd12347a63653b1101784dabcba.jpg

Really enjoyed transforming and handling this valk (it's kind of therapeutic). Looking forward to future releases, would love to see a VF-1D, VT-1 and VE-1!