Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, slide said:

some of us live in Canada, so YES 8)

And big mistake in Justin's part (I'm not referring to the Woodstock, Ontario singer), he legalized marijuana pot stores which are exploding up here North of the 49th parallel. 

Edit: Incorrect grammar used earlier.

Edited by borgified

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

I would take some good news that factories are operating again...

Is it confirmed most are down, then?   I know some are down. 

BTW  @jenius it might be old news to most but THIS is an awesome comparison.  I love the enthusiasm you bring to it.

9 minutes ago, jenius said:

I would take some good news that factories are operating again...

3 minutes ago, Bolt said:

BTW  @jenius it might be old news to most but THIS is an awesome comparison.  I love the enthusiasm you bring to it.

Production in China is WAY down. I've got two vendors over there that are operating at about 75%. My current production orders are going to be months behind. My buddy is a logistics guy for a massive corporation. They have seven plants over there. Their workforce is between 10-30% right now. Not confirmed, but rumored that there are a million shipping containers sitting on the dock at Shanghai not moving. I can't see how this won't effect toy releases for a long time to come.

10 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Thank you! 

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Production in China is WAY down. I've got two vendors over there that are operating at about 75%. My current production orders are going to be months behind. My buddy is a logistics guy for a massive corporation. They have seven plants over there. Their workforce is between 10-30% right now. Not confirmed, but rumored that there are a million shipping containers sitting on the dock at Shanghai not moving. I can't see how this won't effect toy releases for a long time to come.

From what I understand, the big manufacturers are allowed to continue operations BUT there's still a travel ban so their workers can't make it to the factory. Also, the smaller manufacturers still have bans so the parts that feed the bigger assembly lines aren't making it in so even if they did have enough people to put things together, chances are they don't have all the parts. 

Basically, we're a month away at least from things getting going again and then there's going to be a HUGE backlog and a lot of people taking stock from what happens to the economy when a quarter's worth of production is lost.  Think of all the companies right now paying their sales force to sell items on the hope that they will be produced in China soon AND that they'll get the cash from those sells (usually a month after delivery) before they run out of money from paying their staff. This is why the stock market is plunging. 

28 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Only if Misa is wearing the helmet though! ^_^ 

Works for me! 

Wouldn’t mind an extra non-helmeted version for both Hik’ and Misa too.

3 minutes ago, sqidd said:

No question that the health concerns take priority.

But I hope the economic impact is just limited to delays with these toys, rather than smaller toy companies closing up shop entirely.

Slightly off-topic:  I guess any time a toy company reveals a prototype for Mospeada’s Houquet in her Ride Armor, I should start preparing for an economic downturn. :ph34r:

51 minutes ago, jenius said:

Thank you! 

From what I understand, the big manufacturers are allowed to continue operations BUT there's still a travel ban so their workers can't make it to the factory. Also, the smaller manufacturers still have bans so the parts that feed the bigger assembly lines aren't making it in so even if they did have enough people to put things together, chances are they don't have all the parts. 

Basically, we're a month away at least from things getting going again and then there's going to be a HUGE backlog and a lot of people taking stock from what happens to the economy when a quarter's worth of production is lost.  Think of all the companies right now paying their sales force to sell items on the hope that they will be produced in China soon AND that they'll get the cash from those sells (usually a month after delivery) before they run out of money from paying their staff. This is why the stock market is plunging. 

8F36DC8C-5F6D-480E-ADF7-A01C835D178F.gif

36 minutes ago, sqidd said:

There will definitely be tons of back log most on production side.

But they should start doing something fast about the shipping out containers movements.  With the virus lasting up to 9 days in the open, for the shipping containers it should be relatively safe to move since it mostly done with machines and the ship will be out at sea for over 9 days.   Outbound should takes priority to clear the dock as soon a possible. 

I can see the inbound containers blocking everything since the factory they are suppose to truck those containers to are probably temporary close.   But if so, they will need to make a temporary stage area for those inbound. 

Nothing Macross DX related yet on the Tamashii Nations release calendar for the rest of the year except for the re-releases of the super/strike armor in April and the missile pack in June.  I hate to give in to my juvenile need to speculate wildly until an official announcement, but if I were a betting man, I'd place my money squarely on a Roy VF-1S as the next DX release.  The inclusion of emblems for Skulls 001 (in black), 012, and 013 in the armor set make it seem like any of those DRYL valks could be next. That and the fact that Skulls 011, 012. and 013 VF-1As have been on display at shows.

I've only been aware of the Bandai DX VF-1 for about a month, having been away from the hobby since before Arcadia was a thing.  I don't know how some of you guys do it.  I'm a grown-ass man and I can't sit still waiting to find out what's next. 

Bandai-DX-Strike-Parts-5.jpg

Edited by Draykov

10 minutes ago, Mog said:

The only thing is that no one has ever done a true TV version Roy VF-1S in 1/48 scale.

Yeah, I'd see a DYRL version as more likely given that they've already done Hikaru's.  Seems like easy money.  But I'd be down for whatever...

Edited by Draykov

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You'd need 2 of them though, one that says Roy, and one that says Hikaru.

Doesn’t that pretty much match Bandai’s plans to make us buy multiples and milk the mold for all it’s worth? :D

33 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You'd need 2 of them though, one that says Roy, and one that says Hikaru.

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You sure do!

2025915202_VF-1STVdifferentnames.thumb.jpg.c970d36db43acc6482a7299f3676eac2.jpg

Maybe Bandai will give us swappable canopies. :unknw:

You guys forgot Max's 1s short stint as a Skull Squad leader sans SSP in DYRL. His designation is on the DX SSP set, however I believe that is for his 1a. 

The good news:  It's narrowing down.

The bad news..

51 minutes ago, Draykov said:

Nothing Macross DX related yet on the Tamashii Nations release calendar for the rest of the year

51 minutes ago, Draykov said:

don't know how some of you guys do it.  I'm a grown-ass man and I can't sit still waiting to find out what's next. 

You're in the club!;):lol:

38 minutes ago, borgified said:

You guys forgot Max's 1s short stint as a Skull Squad leader sans SSP in DYRL. His designation is on the DX SSP set, however I believe that is for his 1a. 

They were talking about the TV VF-1S, which was flown by both Roy and Hikaru, so the name on the cockpit would have to be different. I just went and got two of them and decaled a different name on each. :wacko:

On 2/28/2020 at 1:12 PM, vladykins said:

At first I was skeptical, but now I found bbilly was telling the truth. I was surprised at the new box for the DX Kakizaki, though.

image.png.a52943c8bf02dea2d02f5b8597dce1a1.png

Omg , you just reminded me that I still have a couple of these things in storage somewhere .   I really need to update my inventory list so I can start re clearing out my  closets .