IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

And I want to see Bandai do the Cannon Fodder VF-1J as well. They already have the molds. All they need now is to paint it brown. 8)

So wait, now we want them to have the terrible paint that everyone is complaining about chipping off in the Arcadia thread before they even get the figure?:p

Oh yeah, I forgot I was on MW where they are screwing us by giving us beautifully painted showpieces and if they don’t paint it, they are overcharging us for cheap colored plastic. :D

I’ll take them either way and be happy!

Edited by Slave IV

41 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I don't think it's going to happen in this line. ;) 

if they only print 250 and make a lottery. the max 1a is already a semi shelf warmer. Bandai overestimated demand and printed too many.  

the yamato  1.48 made chronicle exclusive kaki, if they pull a limited maneuver, it'll be saved. though it won't change the reality that it won't sell as many copies, only just making it desirable by making so little. 

that HMR hik 1a is still the best shelf warmer, nobody wants it. 

27 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

I'd get a VF-1J CF if they make it. ;)

If for some crazy reason Bandai should do an Angel Bird & Cavaliers, then that would be it for me with this DX line, I have everything else I want with the Yamato 1/48's. B))

Oooo and I could go for a vf-x with the angel Bird. that would be hot.

@no3Ljmyeah bring on the 1a and 1j mass production^_^   

I'm waiting for a 1d variant as I don't have one in 1/60 or in the Yammie 1/48 for that matter.

Maybe Roy's/Max's 1s and Hayao's 1a ---> depending on my funds

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hahaha! :lol: It's funny that I whine that knowing that I just spent some amount on WuMing Freedom and a DMZ Scopedog. I told myself not to spend too much since I'm preparing myself on the upcoming Legioss and if ever Bandai decided to really release the DXSoC Voltes V. Just wish that these will get released soon before there will be a new Macross series. 

Yeah man.  I'm addicted.  I'm so antsy waiting for the next Macross release that I just picked up some KitzConcept stuff.  Also, I hunted down all of the Toynami Robotech action figures on clearance at GameStop by asking Alexa to give me random zip codes and calling any store that came up in the search on their site.  I really like the hunt of it. HA.

The problem with these 1/48 DX's is that they are so damn big.  I'll collect all of the SDFM and DYRL, but I'm not going to have room for it all.  I'd much rather them be 1/60.  I have the whole Delta crew in a retail case right now and will likely have to move the DYRL crew there over the next year or so as they're released.  But then I'm not sure what the hell I'll do with my Siege Omega Supreme....  Maybe I can force my kids to share a room and take over one of the rooms for a full on collectors space? :diablo::rofl:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I’ll take them either way and be happy!

There you go sir! And welcome once again for being in MacrossWorld. :lol: 

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

that HMR hik 1a is still the best shelf warmer, nobody wants it. 

@no3Ljmyeah bring on the 1a and 1j mass production^_^   

Does the HMR Hikaru 1A became a shelf warmer due to the leg armor error? Can't remember since I didn't follow most of the HMR figures. ^_^ 

And yes @davidwhangchoi, bring on those both mass production ones. ;) 

6 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah man.  I'm addicted.  I'm so antsy waiting for the next Macross release that I just picked up some KitzConcept stuff.  Also, I hunted down all of the Toynami Robotech action figures on clearance at GameStop by asking Alexa to give me random zip codes and calling any store that came up in the search on their site.  I really like the hunt of it. HA.

The problem with these 1/48 DX's is that they are so damn big.  I'll collect all of the SDFM and DYRL, but I'm not going to have room for it all.  I'd much rather them be 1/60.  I have the whole Delta crew in a retail case right now and will likely have to move the DYRL crew there over the next year or so as they're released.  But then I'm not sure what the hell I'll do with my Siege Omega Supreme....  Maybe I can force my kids to share a room and take over one of the rooms for a full on collectors space? :diablo::rofl:

I believe @Shizuka the Cat is selling her Toynamis. Unless you're looking for a different Toynami figures. :good:

Also, I think it's about time to get a bigger house. What do you think? :rolleyes:

I just don't see Bandai coming even close to producing 1/48 variants like what Yamato did . I would be delighted if they did as this may also include beneficial tweeks to the design. 

5 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Also, I think it's about time to get a bigger house. What do you think? 

Huh... hadn't thought of that!!  Problem solved hahaha.

I don't think you're going to see Bandai make nearly that many variants.

22 minutes ago, Bolt said:

I just don't see Bandai coming even close to producing 1/48 variants like what Yamato did . 

I dunno. They seem to release a Metal Build Exia variant every other week. It might be possible. 

3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I want to see Bandai do the Cannon Fodder VF-1A. B))

Yes, and a VF-1D too.

2 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

Ok, add on a VF-X to the list and then I'm done! :D

53 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I dunno. They seem to release a Metal Build Exia variant every other week. It might be possible. 

Remember Macross is not Gundam;)

I just want a VF-1S Roy, either TV or Movie version.

After that, whatever they decide to make is good, no special requests.

7 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I just want a VF-1S Roy, either TV or Movie version.

After that, whatever they decide to make is good, no special requests.

Ditto

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Bolt said:

Remember Macross is not Gundam;)

If this is the case then it's already a guarantee that Bandai will just focus on releasing the Skull Squadron and Vermillion Squadron VF-1's.

And we can stop wishing for other color variants. Oh well.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, no3Ljm said:

If this is the case then it's already a guarantee that Bandai will just focus on releasing the Skull Squadron and Vermillion Squadron VF-1's.

That's what I would do if I was Bandai. If not less.

I just wish they would come out with an SDF-1 TV version in 1/3000 or above scale... I’d buy two minimum. Is that so much to ask? :( 

14 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I just wish they would come out with an SDF-1 TV version in 1/3000 or above scale... I’d buy two minimum. Is that so much to ask? :( 

Right?!  Thankfully, I have the old Matchbox/Bandai/Takatoku one in great shape, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Arcadia DYRL PF SDF-1.  That thing is unreal.  I mean, playability on the TV version is way better, but as a collector and to just sit in my display case, the DYRL one is breathtaking.  Worth every aftermarket penny I spent.

Haven't logged in here for years, but wow that Bandai looks fantastic

Bandai should do a low viz 1/48.  

Second the suggestion of Bandai doing SDF.  They're more likely to do the movie version though.

22 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Bandai should do a low viz 1/48.  

Second the suggestion of Bandai doing SDF.  They're more likely to do the movie version though.

While I love the idea of a LowVis, the original Yamato scheme sold poorly and still doesn't sell all that well in the secondary market. 

59 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Did I miss it ? Mine's appearing at 349

You missed it.:(

For anyone following my Hobby Search defective VF-1S saga, they finally replied to my initial email to support.  Super great email, but they only offered HS points (though normally they would exchange it if there was still stock available).  The problem is that it took soooo long for them to reply to me.  Also, it seems like if it took them that long to reply, they probably haven't seen the PayPal correspondence yet.

Will keep ya'll posted if I get banned.  :diablo:  It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

18 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

For anyone following my Hobby Search defective VF-1S saga, they finally replied to my initial email to support.  Super great email, but they only offered HS points (though normally they would exchange it if there was still stock available).  The problem is that it took soooo long for them to reply to me.  Also, it seems like if it took them that long to reply, they probably haven't seen the PayPal correspondence yet.

Will keep ya'll posted if I get banned.  :diablo:  It'll be interesting to see how they handle it.

What did they offer you as as HS points go and what does that translate into in dollars?

24 minutes ago, sqidd said:

What did they offer you as as HS points go and what does that translate into in dollars?

Honestly, I have no idea.  LOL.  I've never been able to secure the Macross product I wanted before this one. :pardon:

Looks like it'll equate to 5,000 Yen HA so like a whole $4.50.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/point/111/000

1 Point = 1 yen (JPY)

I’ve thought about it some more and I’m still having too much fun playing and displaying HMR.  After the DX TV VF-1S Roy and VF-1A Kakizaki get released I’ll have all I need with the DX line.

29 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Honestly, I have no idea.  LOL.  I've never been able to secure the Macross product I wanted before this one. :pardon:

Looks like it'll equate to 5,000 Yen HA so like a whole $4.50.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/point/111/000

1 Point = 1 yen (JPY)

You're decimal point is on the wrong spot.;) That's $45.00. Not a Kings Ransom of course. But when factored with the retail of the toy and their likely profit margin they probably offered you everything they could without going into the red. That's generally my first move when I'm trying to work out a fair deal with a customer.

Yours was the one with the crack near one of the intakes right?

I think a lot of us are gonna be in the same boat with the DX-VF-1's.  1-4 Skull Squadron members and out. Just to damn hard to get and a little big.   HMR's and Yamarcadia's V2's are just so much easier and more fun to play around with IMHO. 

Does anyone have or seen any pictures/video of a DX disassembled? I'm working on getting a custom started and the person doing the work hasn't played with a DX yet. We're trying to get ahead of the curve if possible.

I poked around a little but haven't seen anything. Any help would be appreciated. Some of you have far better Google-Fu tan I do.:hail:

Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

4 minutes ago, sqidd said:

You're decimal point is on the wrong spot.;) That's $45.00. Not a Kings Ransom of course. But when factored with the retail of the toy and their likely profit margin they probably offered you everything they could without going into the red. That's generally my first move when I'm trying to work out a fair deal with a customer.

Yours was the one with the crack near one of the intakes right?

Yes, totally put the decimal point wrong.  It is $45 good catch!  Still, they may ban me once they figure out the PayPal dispute.  :D

It was on a joint of the leg near the intakes.  So, I can't transform it.  But looks great in fighter mode!  Just got SSP today to go on it.