IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

56 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

My hopes of obtaining TWE items directly were dashed right after setting up a Tenso forwarding address. Bandai put several countermeasures in place to thwart forwarding services:

1. You have to provide your name in both Kanji and Hiragana
  2. You have to provide a valid domestic phone number (they won't accept the one provided by Tenso and other forwarding services)
  3. You have to provide valid domestic financial information (e.g., bank account, credit card, pre-loaded debit/gift card)

The first one isn't too difficult, and the second one could potentially be arranged with some planning (buy a cell?), but the third is the hardest because of banking laws and procedures that require identity and residency verification. I'm sure that those laws and procedures exist for very good reasons and, based on a quick interwebz search, trying to set something up remotely looks to be challenging.

So far they haven't blocked proxy buying services, but they do put a limit on purchase quantity. I found that out the hard way when I recently tried to get two Missile sets using FromJapan and my order was cancelled because FJ hit their ceiling. I think we're finding that the proxies move faster than AE and NY, and are a heck of a lot more transparent and professional, but there is still a delay (several hours to several days, depending on your time zone) because you have to tell them what you want, they have to send you a quote, then you have to pay, and only then do they attempt to make the purchase for you. Given how quickly the first release SSP sets sold out, I wonder how many people managed to snag them via proxies.

Correct on the detail for purchasing directly from P-Bandai. I actually got around the first two and tried two different ways around the third. Both times, my “test” order was accepted but then days later was told that it was reported my payment method was issued out of country. I even tried a Travelex pre-paid card in Yen, but still not accepted since it was issued in the States.

Fortunately, I got Strike parts through an Amazon seller who shipped Global and was only $10 more than the cost of NY.

The worst part about it now is it's been 6 months since I made my Preorder to NY so they can just never deliver and I can't do anything about it for my Strike Parts

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Got this in my email inbox...  Thanks NY, now where's my Strike Parts? :lol:

983175623_ScreenShot2019-12-24at9_11_25AM.png.66c259384bfb0d69ca11a84f00a43a42.png

Mine went straight to the Junk Mail folder, so even my email provider is skeptical of their "highest and sincere regards" <_<

10 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

Mine went straight to the Junk Mail folder, so even my email provider is skeptical of their "highest and sincere regards" <_<

LOL:rofl:

Just checked and I got the NY Happy Holidays email earlier in the morning.  I would have been surprised if I didn’t get it since I’m one of their long-standing customers.

Edited by sh9000

Yep, that was a welcome message from NY but ironic if the people who appreciate them didn't get it. I wonder if that note has an underlying intent towards some people, lol! NY saved me at least hundreds of dollars this year and has served me well!

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, that was a welcome message from NY but ironic if the people who appreciate them didn't get it. I wonder if that note has an underlying intent towards some people, lol! NY saved me at least hundreds of dollars this year and has served me well!

Saving the best for last brother!;)

Finally satisfied with my DX 1S and the last of the hobby work for the year.

Have a good Christmas everyone! :yahoo:

49271582367_b185255cf4_o.jpg

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

[snip] 

Tail modex, white landing gear, ejection triangle, panel lines(?), anything else on this one?  (looks fantastic BTW, great job!!)

Edited by DWN013

I Ordered overpriced SSPs from Buyee.com (Yahoo JP). They have already shipped and will hopefully be here early next week.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:51 PM, Chronocidal said:

Oy.. I feel like the packs need to be stripped down, and have every tampo reapplied at 50% size..  Bandai just cannot do subtle markings, can they? :huh: 

Yeah, they may as well just put a neon sign that says "DANGEROUS END HERE, STAY CLEAR A-HOLES!!" :p

I just emailed AE and asked on when the strike packs will get shipped, then I received an email saying request shipment of items, just waiting to pay for them and get it shipped. yey!

*Edit* just paid for shipping

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Edited by tjdetweiler

2 hours ago, DWN013 said:

Tail modex, white landing gear, ejection triangle, panel lines(?), anything else on this one?  (looks fantastic BTW, great job!!)

Thanks! Added the skull emblems behind the cockpit and a few more miscellaneous markings, including some additional lift and jack points above and below the aircraft.

17 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

I just emailed AE and asked on when the strike packs will get shipped, then I received an email saying request shipment of items, just waiting to pay for them and get it shipped. yey!

*Edit* just paid for shipping

Merry Christmas everyone!!

Whoa! I checked my AE account and all my SSPs were ready to ship! Went ahead and requested shipping on all mine. AE never sends me notices when stuff is in stock and ready to be shipped.

My AE set is showing April release. Oh well, my 1S will stay naked till then.

I was one of the last, if not the last order placed for Stike Parts @ AE before they were closed and before the April batch being announced.  I just emailed them the status of my order and here was the response:

this was one of the last order, so your batch will be in april

Sadly I'm stuck paying scalper prices this Christmas <_<

Edited by RIBFIR

NY just informed me that my strike parts are now coming with the second release even though I bought and paid for it during the initial pre-order.  And this was only a few hours after getting the email about how my trust is the foundation of their success.  Sigh...

Edited by ps99042

Ha, I ordered from NY within hours of the listing and also got bumped to April. Not a fan of what they do with my trust over there.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Ha, I ordered from NY within hours of the listing and also got bumped to April. Not a fan of what they do with my trust over there.

Same and what a shame. I need to use a proxy now. Does FromJapan work well as a proxy for TWE items?

I also ordered first night from AE. No confirmation email or anything but i got three sitting in stock (along with a couple of other items) waiting to ship. Woohoo!

However, now that I’ve requested shipment all of the items I’ve ordered, history, etc, have disappeared. Is this normal? Seems kinda scary that their service works this way. 

Grrrr. Ordered and paid on the 7th of June, yet my order has been moved to April as well. It could be Bandai messing around with their allocation but honestly, WTF. 

I would have felt better about it had I not paid money for something I won't essentially get until 10 months down the line. 

Ordered from AE 3 sets on the 6th at mid-morning / afternoon. I also inquired when to expect them and was told April.

More then anything I just want to dress up my valks. I dont blame the retailers as much as the manufacturer. For all I know those retailers may be being told they will have enough, disbt get enough and had to split the first orders recieved and push the rest back.

More reasons to drop extra on scalper pricing and just be done with it. Merry Christmas everyone.

1 hour ago, Knightdramon said:

Grrrr. Ordered and paid on the 7th of June, yet my order has been moved to April as well. It could be Bandai messing around with their allocation but honestly, WTF. 

I would have felt better about it had I not paid money for something I won't essentially get until 10 months down the line. 

I would be interested if this trend was the same for Japanese customers.

Baseless speculation here, but I suspect that US customers are getting bumped to April because they don't care as much about the US customer and know most of us will keep buying anyway.

I had a couple members here kindly sell me their extra Strike Packs at PO or very close to PO pricing (thanks guys!!!!:hail:). And I purchased a couple more sets at "scalper" pricing so I had plenty on the shelf for future VF-1 re;eases and a couple customs (Come on Focker!!!:yahoo:). The price I paid for the scalper units was not THAT much higher than PO pricing. 

This is not the first time I have waited until something was released to get one/some recently. I'm not paying much of a premium at all. And in a lot of cases getting my units faster than people who PO'd them. I'm not saying I won't try and PO stuff in the future. I will when I can. But I'm no longer stressed about getting PO's on PO night anymore. If I get them I get them, if I don't, I don't. I certainly have places I will not be PO'ing from that's for sure. AE and NY being two of them.

After all the emails to and fro with AE about why I was bumped to april, now when I check my account its now there. Not sure how to feel about this. by the way I ordered on the 6th of june for a single unit, so I should have been told that mine is in dec, so why they whole April thing, plus not so friendly emails.

Edited by Guyffon

Same situation with NY. I ordered the SS parents June 7, also got the email that they "just found out" the release date changed (lol). I wonder if any of us are going to get December/January shipments, or they are just going to scalp most of their first wave for more profit.

Either way, NY just went from "not my first choice" to "absolute last resort only" for me.

That sucks that NY wasn't forthcoming initially with this. I can't say this is Bandai's fault like the 31A situation. Demand just exceeded supply just like any initial round TWE PO and NY should have anticipated this, have been ready to place the TWE orders when it went live but didn't. They never placed orders for the December release is the likely scenario unless somebody here is able to show otherwise.

The question is will you guys just wait it out or try to get your money back?

I just got the NY notification that my Super/Strike order got bumped to April too. I ordered a full set of 5 of them almost immediately. Pretty shady of NY, but not unexpected. This may make me pause before ordering anything from them again. Luckily I got a spare set on the way from a different source so my Hikaru 1S can be decked out. Not like I need the rest of them until they release all the rest of the DYRL figures but I am still irked. Might as well wait it out at this point.

Bandai's stuff is neat, but I much prefer collecting Arcadia's stuff to be honest. All of this nonsense is unnecessary. 

On 12/22/2019 at 7:47 PM, DYRL VF-1S said:

Speaking of backups, here’s my HS “freebie”. This will never be transformed but at least I can throw some supers on it and still looks good in fighter mode. 

857FE359-67AC-40F3-9084-9303E04971F8.jpeg

@DYRL VF-1S, so asking again, HS didn't ban you after going to Paypal

23 hours ago, Matt Random said:

Funny, I just got this from NY...

Your trust is the foundation of our success.
It is wonderful to express our highest and sincere regards to you.

NY does certainly test my patience, but I think this time it is more due to Bandai underestimating demand. The retailers probably were waiting until close to the close of the ordering window to submit their orders. This time that backfired and resulted in their orders going to the April batch.

If this wasn't the last Macross purchase in my foreseeable future I'd finally take the plunge and set up an address forwarding proxy account. Seem like the best bet for TWE stuff.

I got this message from NY even though I'm banned 

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Just checked and I got the NY Happy Holidays email earlier in the morning.  I would have been surprised if I didn’t get it since I’m one of their long-standing customers.

I'm one of their banned customers for complaining to Paypal and they still spam me

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

49271582367_b185255cf4_o.jpg

nice

1 hour ago, crackpot said:

That sucks that NY wasn't forthcoming initially with this. I can't say this is Bandai's fault like the 31A situation. Demand just exceeded supply just like any initial round TWE PO and NY should have anticipated this, have been ready to place the TWE orders when it went live but didn't. They never placed orders for the December release is the likely scenario unless somebody here is able to show otherwise.

The question is will you guys just wait it out or try to get your money back?

Can't get my money back. it's past the 6-month paypal window already since I paid in early June. 

11 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Whoa! I checked my AE account and all my SSPs were ready to ship! Went ahead and requested shipping on all mine. AE never sends me notices when stuff is in stock and ready to be shipped.

Thanks for the heads up, guys! I just checked my account and my set is ready to ship, too. Availability notices from them have been hit or miss for me over the past year.