IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

I saw it at a Facebook group called Macross@SG

The album link is here if you have FB account.

Received my S from NY today. Not seeing any QC issues. The swing bar didn't come undone during transformation like it tends to with my J. Guess I should probably pry open the landing gear doors to make sure the landing gear parts are present.

Funny how Bandai says that they reversed the numbering on the tail for symmetry whereas they left the leg fins as they are where the (correct) lack of symmetry is very obvious in battroid mode.

Edited by Matt Random

7 hours ago, wm cheng said:

I use the Tamiya silver paint marker, I push down on it to retract the felt tip to get a pool going in a plastic lid, then dip my brush in it to paint from it (its a lacquer so you can thin it if you need to, but its a very smooth chrome finish without any visible glitter speckles).

Okay, in that case I have some Tamiya silver spray I guess I can decant and use to brush on... will need some thinner/retarder to hide my brush strokes because I don't have the steadiest hands. :lol:

40005657.jpg.67e01d65f9456be771f0d394373ffc0b.jpg

4 hours ago, Shawn said:

Wow that white landing gear really makes a gigantic difference. I am personally not a fan of the gray metal they chose. Really makes the valks pop again in fighter mode. Thank you for showing us what was possible!

S

Thanks! Yeah I don't like how Bandai chooses to use 80s style bare diecast landing gear on a modern premium toy. It'd be like buying a brand new sports car with the suspension and tires of a Model T Ford. :o

@Lolicon

Never used it but I saw a lot of people using Molotow. It is a marker but people either use it directly or drain it and apply by brush. Seem really good.

13 hours ago, Macross two said:

Have you ever seen the arcadia stand for DX VF-1?

Where can they be purchased? I was able to find these but they look a bit different, the one in the FB link has some arms that hold it in fighter mode.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-047233

Edited by canklebreaker

14 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Okay, in that case I have some Tamiya silver spray I guess I can decant and use to brush on... will need some thinner/retarder to hide my brush strokes because I don't have the steadiest hands. :lol:

40005657.jpg.67e01d65f9456be771f0d394373ffc0b.jpg

Thanks! Yeah I don't like how Bandai chooses to use 80s style bare diecast landing gear on a modern premium toy. It'd be like buying a brand new sports car with the suspension and tires of a Model T Ford. :o

I don't know if the Tamiya silver spray is anything like the paint markers.

On 12/10/2019 at 10:25 PM, SpaceCowboy said:

Hmm....I'm 7030XX and still NY hasn't filled my order...I really hate dealing with NY.  I swore them off after the VF-31A fiasco, but was swayed that that was just a one off and they always come through.  We'll see...

Ah 1 of those who swore of NY and gave in a moment of weakness that I mention in an earlier post. :lol:

Edited by eXis10z

EDIT SOLD

Hi guys, I got a 3rd DX VF-1S coming, but just needed 2x.

Letting go for how much I got it from Nippon - $420 NZD (approx 264 USD according to google)

PM me and I'm sure we can work something out and can let go for a bit lesser on what I have paid :) Payment would be via paypal and item will be shipped from NZ. I think shipping is around 52 usd to the states.

pzKC5yr.png?1

Many thanks!

Edited by tjdetweiler

Re: NY:  Well, just got a notice that they are preparing shipping...so...slightly redeeming themselves?  We'll see when it arrives.

58 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Who else is still waiting on an VF-1S from NY?

I am. But I never worry about it. They always slower but never fail on delivery.

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

I am. But I never worry about it. They always slower but never fail on delivery.

Mine shipped this morning. Pre-ordered over 6 months ago. They do take their time, but as long as I get it I'll be happy.

Every time I try to upload a picture it says -200, does anyone know why?

18 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

I have the same error, just upload onto an image hosting service like imgur and copy the image address into your post, it'll hotlink.

22 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

I've got a feeling it's because the file size is to large.

23 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Probably to large, try resizing the photo to a smaller resolution for web upload.

Finally got mine.  So cool how the little pilot figure's hands fit the controls.

That’s my favorite detail considering the other two releases where the pilot just gets jostled around. 

34 minutes ago, crackpot said:

giphy.gif

So much this.

I need six sets.....yesterday!!!:p

13 hours ago, canklebreaker said:

Got shipping notification for my SSP from NY.

isn't the release date near the 23rd?  you might want to double check .;)

OMG, you are right...I am a mess today. I'm getting 2 orders mixed up. Apparently I ordered a 1S back in June from Nin-Nin and my SSP from NY (not yet shipped)...ugh sorry once again for the confusion everyone.

I don't even recall pre-ordering thru them or have a receipt...strange.

Edited by canklebreaker

41 minutes ago, F360 said:

isn't the release date near the 23rd?  you might want to double check .;)

Official release date is the 16th I believe.

Edited by crackpot