Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

He had to, to stick the "We missed you!" slip to my door. :p  I'm guessing he didn't feel like looking for the box.

He didn't want to carry it to the door and wait for you.  

56 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They probably never came to the door. I've caught one of my sub drivers doing that. I knew I had a package coming. They stopped at the mailbox.....then drove by the house. I live in a court. I walked across the court to my neighbors mailbox and waited for the truck. The driver was so intent on covering her tail that she tried lying to me and saying that the box wasn't in there (forgetting she left a pink slip in the mailbox). I literally pointed to the package and said "It's that one right there". She gave it to me. No apology. I didn't think it was worth my time balling her out. She's so far gone a talking to isn't going to change anything.

I had a package delivered by the woman who is in charge of the complaints that some through the PO today. No particular reason, she was just filling in by delivering just packages. I have a couple of signs out front for delivery drivers. She was shaking her head about it being necessary. We talked about how bad the employees are up there and how it's about impossible to fire someone.

Some woman got tired of this and had a camera caught the postman coming to her door with the "missed you" card without even ringing or knocking on the door and without bringing the box.  It went viral and on the news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, orbitalharvest said:

ya guys probably already know this.  but at least from my experiences in the states, once it's in our regional post offices (or whatever delivery service ya chose), you can more accurately track via the service's app.  usps, fedex, dhl (kinda sucks), ups, etc etc.  even ems numbers will track via the usps app and website.  i know that tracking via the japan post site has verbiage that's somewhat strange (for me to understand at least).

Thanks for the tip.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a chance to open mine today.  Haven't transformed it yet, but so far it is as solid as the Max 1A release, maybe even better in terms of production quality (at least on my copy).  There is one exception: I noticed that the HUD/console isn't glued in or anything.  Mine just slide right out when I took the pilot out.  It seems liked it should be glued or something, but maybe not?  Either way, a very minor gripe; it stays put when doing anything other than removing the pilot. And a spot of glue would solve the problem very easily (I probably won't even bother).  Anyone else have this issue with the console?  Is it even a "problem," or is it supposed to be that way?  I checked my TV valks, and the console stays put for them.

IMG_20191202_212915.jpg

IMG_20191202_213056.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

701XXX guys, whats the 4th digit in your orders?

It's a '703XXX'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

 There is one exception: I noticed that the HUD/console isn't glued in or anything.  Mine just slide right out when I took the pilot out.  It seems liked it should be glued or something, but maybe not? 

Mine is the exact same way.  Doesn't bother me and, as you said, you can just add a dab of glue.  It does make it conveniently easy to mod though if you want to replace the console decal with another one.

How is the door flap on your front landing gear (the one that folds forwards, not the two flaps that open lengthwise)?  Mine is super stiff to the point I couldn't open it...need to get a screw driver and lightly pry it up.

Edited by Digitalfiend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

He had to, to stick the "We missed you!" slip to my door. :p  I'm guessing he didn't feel like looking for the box.

Lazy goofballs around here just throw them in mailbox down by the curb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HG Blows said:

701XXX guys, whats the 4th digit in your orders?

 

1 hour ago, scand said:

It's a '703XXX'

Mine was 727XXX

It's now canceled. They never should have taken my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 1S arrived just minutes after I got home from work so that was great timing! 

Initial impressions are good! I'm loving the larger sized pilot figure! It looks and fits much better in the DYRL toy! Very pleased with that.   They ballz'd them up with the TV versions.. Has anyone designed a larger 3d printed version yet? I'd happily buy and paint one up myself if it does happen.

Sucks about the vertical stabilizer tampo number stuff up but its not terribly noticeable unless you're pointing it out.

All the articulated fingers have been built properly but the intake fan covers still don't fit so well as with the previous releases before it but wot evs.. 

The printing on the right side of the cockpit is a little out of alignment but the left side is pretty good. Again it isn't that noticeable unless you're really paying close attention to it.

Overall I am really pleased with the 1S variant! 

20191203_145633.jpg

20191203_151527.jpg

IMG_20191203_153151.jpg

IMG_20191203_153020.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Mine was 727XXX

It's now canceled. They never should have taken my money.

oh no! that sure sucks.. sorry to hear that. 

my order number was 737686 as I ordered it quite late so I'm counting my lucky stars that I actually received it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spanner said:

oh no! that sure sucks.. sorry to hear that. 

my order number was 737686 as I ordered it quite late so I'm counting my lucky stars that I actually received it! 

Cancel your order and buy elsewhere. My $.02.

BTW, I picked five up for less than NY charged me. I have one in hand, two more Wednesday and two more Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine has the same issue. On the plus side, if I decide to add a Hasegawa decal to the display screen it'll make it a whole lot easier. B))

IMG_20191202_213056.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the wings and majority of the body of the 1J painted or are they bare plastic?

In the time I've owned this figure I've never noticed some really ugly red paint scratches or something on the underside of the right wing, just next to one of the missile nubs. I want to take some alcohol to it but I don't want to damage it, it's on the underside and can't be seen in any mode so I can live with it if I have to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sqidd said:

 

Mine was 727XXX

It's now canceled. They never should have taken my money.

NY cancelled your order?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Mine has the same issue. On the plus side, if I decide to add a Hasegawa decal to the display screen it'll make it a whole lot easier. B))

Was thinking the same thing, I know I've got at least a few decals I could copy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HardlyNever said:

Got a chance to open mine today.  Haven't transformed it yet, but so far it is as solid as the Max 1A release, maybe even better in terms of production quality (at least on my copy).  There is one exception: I noticed that the HUD/console isn't glued in or anything.  Mine just slide right out when I took the pilot out.  It seems liked it should be glued or something, but maybe not?  Either way, a very minor gripe; it stays put when doing anything other than removing the pilot. And a spot of glue would solve the problem very easily (I probably won't even bother).  Anyone else have this issue with the console?  Is it even a "problem," or is it supposed to be that way?  I checked my TV valks, and the console stays put for them.

IMG_20191202_212915.jpg

IMG_20191202_213056.jpg

Mine is exactly like that too, thought It was a gimick or feature

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY # 7020XX, ordered/prepaid back in June. Now "preparation in progress" status.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Saburo said:

NY cancelled your order?

I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sent off my third communication to NY. My 7015xx order has been in preparation since Friday. At this point I'm worried about it arriving prior to the holiday shutdown which is kind of crazy given that the break is almost a month after the release.

I would have went with someone other than NY but they were the only place I was able to get a preorder during the PO MADNESS. I tend to be eager to get my purchases since I only buy a few toys a year - which makes NY a very poor choice. My last Macross purchase was the VF-1J DX from almost a year ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Digitalfiend said:

How is the door flap on your front landing gear (the one that folds forwards, not the two flaps that open lengthwise)?  Mine is super stiff to the point I couldn't open it...need to get a screw driver and lightly pry it up.

My landing gear bay doors were stiff, but not overly so.  I would say the rear landing gear doors were harder to open than the front ones, on my copy.  I didn't need to do anything special on any of them, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt Random said:

I just sent off my third communication to NY. My 7015xx order has been in preparation since Friday. At this point I'm worried about it arriving prior to the holiday shutdown which is kind of crazy given that the break is almost a month after the release.

I would have went with someone other than NY but they were the only place I was able to get a preorder during the PO MADNESS. I tend to be eager to get my purchases since I only buy a few toys a year - which makes NY a very poor choice. My last Macross purchase was the VF-1J DX from almost a year ago.

Thats the same situation my order is in. Just hanging in preparation since Friday. Keep hoping for the shipping notice this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sqidd, NY still hasn't shipped my VF-1s :( (# 706XXX) . I purchased at the hiked up price of 28k. Probably won't do that again, lesson learned!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get the feeling that NY either have an extremely poor order processing system in place or they constantly over committ by putting too much on their plate.. or they are just a sh!tty company. 

Edited by spanner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AmiAmi shipped my VF-1S yesterday. I payed EMS but customs and the post office totally suck in my country. I expect two weeks at least, to receive my package.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, spanner said:

I get the feeling that NY either have an extremely poor order processing system in place or they constantly over committ by putting too much on their plate.. or they are just a sh!tty company. 

My impression is that NY WAY over sells their PO's at scalper rates knowing they don't have the allocation from Bandai to cover those sales. They then count on being able to source units from people, other shops, other scalpers, etc to fill those orders and in turn making that margin. And from what I understand they almost always come though.....eventually. The problem for me was there was no way they were going to fill my order before my 6mo recourse period with PayPal expired. And there is no way I'm letting my buyer protection lapse. I will have lost all ability to exert pressure.

In the meantime I could have not placed that order with NY and just waited for the release. paid a lower rate, and gotten units much, much faster.

I understand the way they do things and why. I'm not interested in being a part of their system though now that I see how it works first hand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 minutes ago, sqidd said:

My impression is that NY WAY over sells their PO's at scalper rates knowing they don't have the allocation from Bandai to cover those sales. They then count on being able to source units from people, other shops, other scalpers, etc to fill those orders and in turn making that margin. And from what I understand they almost always come though.....eventually. The problem for me was there was no way they were going to fill my order before my 6mo recourse period with PayPal expired. And there is no way I'm letting my buyer protection lapse. I will have lost all ability to exert pressure.

In the meantime I could have not placed that order with NY and just waited for the release. paid a lower rate, and gotten units much, much faster.

I understand the way they do things and why. I'm not interested in being a part of their system though now that I see how it works first hand. 

^^ yes I agree with this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope more people stick with their word like @sqidd about not doing business with NY again. That way, I can keep getting my orders through them easier.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I really hope more people stick with their word like @sqidd about not doing business with NY again. That way, I can keep getting my orders through them easier.:D

Naaaaaah. You'll be just next in line to get screwed. You'll be NY's Slave IV-ever... ok, I'll see myself out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crackpot said:

Naaaaaah. You'll be just next in line to get screwed. You'll be NY's Slave IV-ever... ok, I'll see myself out. 

Hahahaha:lol: Good one! 

FWIW, NY has never screwed me and I am very happy with their service. Almost all my hundreds of orders a year go through them so I'm sticking with them until they prove to me otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I really hope more people stick with their word like @sqidd about not doing business with NY again. That way, I can keep getting my orders through them easier.:D

Well, they got pissy with me when I canceled my orders and banned me. So I'll be keeping my word.:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Hahahaha:lol: Good one! 

FWIW, NY has never screwed me and I am very happy with their service. Almost all my hundreds of orders a year go through them so I'm sticking with them until they prove to me otherwise.

My only real issue with them is they massively over-sell their allocation. They shouldn't be taking people's money at that point. Then either making them wait forever, getting pissy when people cancel or shoe horn people into their "jump through flaming hoop" store credit system.

Them getting pissy with me for wanting to cancel my order when they were either not going to fill it for a LONG time or at all chaps by backside a bit. They don't have a leg to stand on in regards to playing the "victim".

Long, long ago I worked for a finance operation that was what most would consider a predatory lender (I'm one that thought that, I quite pretty fast). NY's selling practices are borderline if not right on the line of "predatory".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My one DX VF-1S Hikaru just showed up via HLJ/FedEx. The outside box was smushed but the VF-1S was pretty good other than a little ding on one of the corners. Kit Kats yum! I'll open it later tonight to swoosh around... the VF-1S not the Kit Kats, XD.

12 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Well, they got pissy with me when I canceled my orders and banned me. So I'll be keeping my word.:D

And yes NY are a bunch of A-holes. Since the VF-31A fiasco I've only been selective with the items I order with them. No pay up front items unless its less than $100. Pre-order items over $100 only if there's a pay later option. I've been one of their customers since 2010 with purchases over several thousands of dollars and they decided to treat me like crap (even with polite emails).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...