Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

I won't pretend to know the inner workings of Bandai's release schedule, but DYRL Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki (VF-1A variants) were teased at the last tamashii nations.  I figure one of them has to be next, right?

I don't think it will be all 3 in a row, but maybe DYRL Kakizaki next?  I'm just saying Roy (of any flavor) and TV Kakizaki aren't super likely to be next, imo.  Anything could happen, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, it really only makes sense since they’re releasing the Strike Parts in Dec/Apr and showcased some of the corresponding 1As.

6 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I won't pretend to know the inner workings of Bandai's release schedule, but DYRL Hikaru, Max, and Kakizaki (VF-1A variants) were teased at the last tamashii nations.  I figure one of them has to be next, right?

I don't think it will be all 3 in a row, but maybe DYRL Kakizaki next?  I'm just saying Roy (of any flavor) and TV Kakizaki aren't super likely to be next, imo.  Anything could happen, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

How can you be surprised, they are only on the third release and you can't expect them to release two simultaneously? And nearly all are DYRL:lol:...again, with only three releases it could have gone either way with "nearly all" SDFM.:p

True, but I would have thought they would have gone with a Roy release that would sell better before doing a second Hikaru.  And I was referring to all large scale releases of Roy's VF-1S, not the DX line itself - sorry for not being clearer there.  The only 1/60 or larger SDFM release that I have found so far is one of the the Yamato V2.2 releases.  In smaller ones, there's the Kitzconcept and Toynami Robotech stuff (but we all know that doesn't count).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Pontus said:

True, but I would have thought they would have gone with a Roy release that would sell better before doing a second Hikaru.  And I was referring to all large scale releases of Roy's VF-1S, not the DX line itself - sorry for not being clearer there.  The only 1/60 or larger SDFM release that I have found so far is one of the the Yamato V2.2 releases.  In smaller ones, there's the Kitzconcept and Toynami Robotech stuff (but we all know that doesn't count).

I’m no expert but it’s always been my understanding that DYRL, Hikaru, and his DYRL VF-1S in particular have traditionally been more popular in Japan. Since that is Bandai’s target audience for the Macross line it makes sense to me that they lead with his Valks.

 Roy and SDFM are just more popular in the States due to Robotech really. “Rick” always seemed so damn whiny and Roy a badass. Hikaru is slightly more badass in DYRL than his Robotech counterpart. Anyway, that’s just my thought. I’m sure others would disagree. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I’m no expert but it’s always been my understanding that DYRL, Hikaru, and his DYRL VF-1S in particular have traditionally been more popular in Japan. Since that is Bandai’s target audience for the Macross line it makes sense to me that they lead with his Valks.

 Roy and SDFM are just more popular in the States due to Robotech really. “Rick” always seemed so damn whiny and Roy a badass. Hikaru is slightly more badass in DYRL than his Robotech counterpart. Anyway, that’s just my thought. I’m sure others would disagree. :)

Yeah, I thought it was a Japanese popularity thing.  :rolleyes:  But imho we've had enough DYRL VF-1S releases. (:ph34r: yes I see your name there, plz don't hate :D) I'd be happy if they simply included rounded hands and a blue suited Roy.  They include rounded hands in their HMR releases (in all BUT the Roy?!!!), so why not here?  Eh, whatevs, I digress and am happy they are putting out toys at all from a 40yr old show! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Yeah, I thought it was a Japanese popularity thing.  :rolleyes:  But imho we've had enough DYRL VF-1S releases. (:ph34r: yes I see your name there, plz don't hate :D) I'd be happy if they simply included rounded hands and a blue suited Roy.  They include rounded hands in their HMR releases (in all BUT the Roy?!!!), so why not here?  Eh, whatevs, I digress and am happy they are putting out toys at all from a 40yr old show! 

Haha! No hating. I have a separate love for Roy too. And I can’t wait for him to release and sadly I don’t care if it’s SDFM or DYRL cuz I’ll be buying both plus a SDFM 1S Hikaru to boot if all three are made LOL :help:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, spanner said:

still no update from NY for my 1S order.. <_<

Mine just shipped about two hours ago. My number is 700845. I have another one and it’s 700890 that hasn’t shipped yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Checkmate said:

Mine just shipped about two hours ago. My number is 700845. I have another one and it’s 700890 that hasn’t shipped yet. 

Mine is 730168:cray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY sent me a reply indicating that they don't have my stock yet. My number is in the 7015xx range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That's exactly what I do, and I still only managed one pre-order for the VF-1S on release night, and that was via Amazon Japan w/o international shipping option.

There were time when I strike out on all the shops too. .  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Ipsquitch said:

Soliciting educated guesses... Looks like the cheapest VF-1S purchase option is currently ~25000JPY off YJA. Do you think it will drop over the next week or so like Max's did,, or are we just going up from here? I'm not sure if Max dropped due to popularity of the pilot/paint scheme, or if there were enough to go around that the market couldn't sustain the higher price point.

It may drop further imo. Way too many unbid listings in Buyee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Yeah, I'm not sure.  I'm trying the envision this with the stabilizers unfolded.  If you look at the one on the right of the pic, if it unfolds, it would show "100" and I believe that is the one captured with the "issue."

Though now that I think about it, this pic is actually showing the inside of the stabilizers so in reality they are correct as it would show "001" unfolded.

Just checked my yammie valkyrie.  The folded backpack is showing the front/outside tips for both left and right stabilizers.  The red tip is the top of the stabilizer, so in the pic the 001 is correct on both stabilizers.  

Edited by beatsing
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

It may drop further imo. Way too many unbid listings in Buyee.

I noticed that also. Fingers crossed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Syro said:

Mine is 732130 :D 

Jesus! I have no right to complain being at 701217. Mines yet to prepare but I’m sure they will roll out through the week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Just checked my yammie valkyrie.  The folded backpack is showing the front/outside tips for both left and right stabilizers.  The red tip is the top of the stabilizer, so in the pic the 001 is correct on both stabilizers.  

Ah cool. Thanks for confirming!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

It may drop further imo. Way too many unbid listings in Buyee.

Good.

Hopefully, none of them make any profit out of their items.

However and unfortunately, there's always gonna be a sucker born every minute to get willingly scalped...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY timeline for me.

VF1-S - got preparation email 4days ago order 700xxx

GX-88 Dairugger - got preparation email just yesterday and he got released in JP more than a month ago.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazon order showed up, just waiting for Tenso to consolidate with my Arcadia leg repair parts, and then finally on it's way to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Wow, that's a much larger pilot than the 1J.

Mine is out for delivery (to Tenso), but is late being delivered. Ought to show up tomorrow I hope.

What does max pilot look like for the vf-1a?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My NY order info for Hikaru VF-1S

#7008xx

11/21 received order prep email

11/24 received shipment email

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just need a DX VF-1A TV Kakizaki and VF-1S TV Roy and I’m good.  

I wouldn’t mind if Bandai releases a HMR VF-1A TV Max, VF-1A TV Kakizaki, and VF-1S TV Roy while the DX DYRL Skull Squadron gets released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, lavinrac said:

HLJ Managed to get my VF-1S order out. I ordered the other night when it was released, not months ago. It made it to my Private warehouse and now it's in FedEx's hands. I consider myself extremely lucky.

You and I by the grace of God.

Sorry to hear about others getting pre-orders cancelled. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play-Asia is preparing/packing my VF-1S order (#43051XXX).

 

I consider myself lucky...after hearing some of the bad news on this thread.

Edited by drobo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sigh, this thread is slowly becoming the 31A thread. Why cant bandai produce more is still a question that evade us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, it's quite sad there hasn't been more stock coming in on release date. I remember a year ago with the release of the YF-19 DX that many retailers had additional stock for order during release week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, oshanmacross said:

You and I by the grace of God.

Sorry to hear about others getting pre-orders cancelled. 
 

Grrr.... way to rub it in and kick us when we're down, why don't you... ?  ;)

Congrats, guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, drobo said:

Play-Asia is preparing/packing my VF-1S order (#43051XXX).

 

I consider myself lucky...after hearing some of the bad news on this thread.

Do you mind private message me your full order number? Mine's got cancelled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...