Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

Man, I swore off NY because of their scalper inflation tactics. The 2 orders I had from them previously went okay and with no issues.  But I don't like the 2 times I tried to pre-order the VF-1A Max then the 1S, only to see the next few days more at inflated rates. And by the looks of it, the VF-1S may not be as abundant in the after market as Max 1A is. I know that there are a few that state "Its better to get it at a mark up then not at all." And I wont disagree, but if retailers are now not even able to fill that inflated rate product to their customers., that bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Man, I swore off NY because of their scalper inflation tactics. The 2 orders I had from them previously went okay and with no issues.  But I don't like the 2 times I tried to pre-order the VF-1A Max then the 1S, only to see the next few days more at inflated rates. And by the looks of it, the VF-1S may not be as abundant in the after market as Max 1A is. I know that there are a few that state "Its better to get it at a mark up then not at all." And I wont disagree, but if retailers are now not even able to fill that inflated rate product to their customers., that bad.

I massively over paid. If I don't get my premium price order filled.............I'm done with NY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I paid a looooooong time ago.

I'm going to be ticked if they don't fill my order. I had a few chances of getting these on release day and passed.

They have until 2/10/20 to fill my order. At that point it's 6mo they would have had my money and the last chance I can file a charge-back with PayPal.

I understand how you feel, I am now furious and frustrated with what Play-Asia had done to my order, cancelling my fully paid June order 1 day before release date. They don't even give me ample time to hunt for another.

I do truly hope you get yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Checking out Buyee/Yahoo Japan Auctions and seeing a ton of VF-1S there. May be the best option before even those are gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

Tough luck. Mine was cancelled by Play-asia 1 day before release, fully paid for 5 months ago. I am bombarding them to compensate me, let's see how it goes.

Thats pretty sad, us fans get the stick while the scalpers profit, I see a lot of buy it nows on japan auction sites for 26000yen, but I am sticking to my guns of not feeding the scalpers, hell I even stopped buying from NY after the vf-31A shenanigans. Now, I don’t know what to do with the super parts I had ordered for the VF-1S, I guess I’ll just hold onto those or put them on the VF-1J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Thats pretty sad, us fans get the stick while the scalpers profit, I see a lot of buy it nows on japan auction sites for 26000yen, but I am sticking to my guns of not feeding the scalpers, hell I even stopped buying from NY after the vf-31A shenanigans. Now, I don’t know what to do with the super parts I had ordered for the VF-1S, I guess I’ll just hold onto those or put them on the VF-1J

This ^

It takes a lot of willpower to do this especially if it's something you like and it's hard especially when one gets desperate. 

Isn't Play Asia located in HK? I wouldn't be surprised if they decided not to fulfill pre-orders and instead sold them at scalper prices but that's assumption on my part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I paid the same.  My order number is #700777 and got the prep notice about one hour before you did on the 22nd.

Likewise with me, but my order number is in between (#700850)and i am still waiting for the notice.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Likewise with me, but my order number is in between (#700850)and i am still waiting for the notice.  

Ahh ok I go back to my previous statement that there is no method to the madness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HayateAltoHunter said:

Likewise with me, but my order number is in between (#700850)and i am still waiting for the notice.  

If the vf-31A debacle was any indication, orders aren’t filled in sequence.  There were people with higher order numbers filled months before mine shipped.  So all us NY orders have that going for us as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alphahorizon said:

Checking out Buyee/Yahoo Japan Auctions and seeing a ton of VF-1S there. May be the best option before even those are gone.

I think at this point I'm going to try and keep myself calm/not stressed and just wait it out. Hopefully NY comes through. If they don't I'll probably just end up getting bent over on a few (I really want three). Or maybe I just wait for the Roy. I want the Hikaru, because why not. But my heart is in the Roy colors (not necessarily the character). That's what I REALLY want. My soft spot is for SDFM (well, technically RT) so to me the Roy colors represent Roy and Hikaru/Rick. I still haven't seen DYRL. It's on the docket. I've just been so busy that I haven't had a chance to sit down and give it my full attention.

After I watch DYRL I'll probably have a jones on for the Hikaru, LOL!:rofl:

I'm not doing a very good job of staying calm. Every time I see a post that someone has their shipping notice a little bit of the 10yr old in me gets gut punched.:cray:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

If the vf-31A debacle was any indication, orders aren’t filled in sequence.  There were people with higher order numbers filled months before mine shipped.  So all us NY orders have that going for us as well.

This was before my time. What are the Cliff's Notes on the 31 debacle? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone ever order from kurama toys and not have their order fulfilled? 
 

just curious and hope my order gets fulfilled for the vf-1s (fingers crossed) 

Edited by ralliart209

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots if pics of boxes in shopping bags. Has anyone actually opened one yet, or are they all being kept unopened so people can flip them for a profit later? :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jeniusornome said:

Lots if pics of boxes in shopping bags. Has anyone actually opened one yet, or are they all being kept unopened so people can flip them for a profit later? :/

Even if I had mine in hand I probably wouldn't open them until I had the strike parts too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't got any notice from NY either. Mine was purchased from them at the first markup round they had. My multiples set of Strike Parts are on order from them too so that should be interesting. I will try to be patient another week before I get too anxious about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just bought three at ridiculous scalper pricing on three...which was actually less than what I paid NY. So much for being patient/relaxing. I decided I don't want to take a chance on not getting any/NY not filling my order. Now I hope they don't fill it.:D

If NY does fill my order, I'll just sell them when they get here. Even though I'll sell them for what I have in them, someone is bound to call me a scalper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ralliart209 said:

anyone ever order from kurama toys and not have their order fulfilled? 
 

just curious and hope my order gets fulfilled for the vf-1s (fingers crossed) 

I ordered a DX VF-1J from them. 4 days later they said it had been damaged in transit and refunded me. Probably found someone willing to pay more on ebay. That's the only experience i have from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I just bought three at ridiculous scalper pricing on three...which was actually less than what I paid NY. So much for being patient/relaxing. I decided I don't want to take a chance on not getting any/NY not filling my order. Now I hope they don't fill it.:D

If NY does fill my order, I'll just sell them when they get here. Even though I'll sell them for what I have in them, someone is bound to call me a scalper.

Eh, to some people “scalper” means “they got one and I didn’t.” Or just “anyone selling it higher than retail price, regardless of the facts of secondary market value.” Or sometimes even “anyone selling it for more than I want to pay for it.”

The word has kind of lost its meaning at this point. Although shops like NY increasing prices just to make extra profit because they know it’s a hot seller is crappy, they’re businesses with an opportunity to make more money. What else would you expect them to do?

I’m just wondering why someone would rush to buy one and then not even bother opening it. 

Edited by jeniusornome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sqidd said:

This was before my time. What are the Cliff's Notes on the 31 debacle? Thanks

You werent around for the 31A issue?  Basically all the 3rd party shops didnt have enough stock to fill orders, but somehow NY was filling theirs little by little, which spread out across a year.  Everyone on here was posting their order numbers and it was clear that NY wasn’t filling them in sequence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Eh, to some people “scalper” means “they got one and I didn’t.” Or just “anyone selling it higher than retail price, regardless of the facts of secondary market value.” Or sometimes even “anyone selling it for more than I want to pay for it.”

The word has kind of lost its meaning at this point. Although shops like Ny increasing prices just to make extra profit because they know it’s a hot seller is crappy, they’re businesses with an opportunity to make more money. What else would you expect them to do?

Yeah, I should have put "scalper" in quotes. I'm a capitalist. I believe something is worth as much as someone will pay for it. It was worth it to me in this case. 

I also don't begrudge people for making money. 

I know this puts me in the minority.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

You werent around for the 31A issue?  Basically all the 3rd party shops didnt have enough stock to fill orders, but somehow NY was filling theirs little by little, which spread out across a year.  Everyone on here was posting their order numbers and it was clear that NY wasn’t filling them in sequence. 

I'm afraid we may have the same situation here.

I guess I just secured the three I want. I have missile sets. When the Strike packs get released I'll snatch three up at whatever it costs. If NY doesn't come though in short order I'll cancel all of my orders with them/charge back through PayPal. They will ban me. I don't care. I would be done with them anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sqidd said:

Yeah, I should have put "scalper" in quotes. I'm a capitalist. I believe something is worth as much as someone will pay for it. It was worth it to me in this case. 

I also don't begrudge people for making money. 

I know this puts me in the minority.

 

Hey I would’ve  sold you at least one of mine for “scalper” prices if you would’ve asked :rofl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t worry @sqidd, bottom line is people will bitch and moan about NY all they can but NY ALWAYS delivers. If you pay the increased prices, that’s on you and all a part of capitalism. They also offer the lowest prices if you are on the ball and get in on time so there is give and take there. I didn’t  read all the details of responses but to fill in more on the 31A “fiasco”, NY followed through on every single order that was placed initially at the low price of around 17,000Y! Even after other shops cancelled orders claiming it was out of stock, only to relist it the next day at a huge markup. NY could have easily done the same if they were the criminal scalpers that some people keep calling them. Instead, they somehow acquired the stock needed to deliver every single order in mint condition. It did take months to do so but they did it and this is the only time something like that happened. No one knows exactly why it happened but based on various reports, it is more likely to be a Bandai issue that caused the delay and not NY. There is absolutely no reason why they would want to sit on that stock and not send it if they could, especially when they knew they could easily sell it to other people for three times the cost. 

Basically, just relax, enjoy the items you have in hand and you will get your Valk from NY. I don’t recommend paying their markup when that happens but their initial preorder prices are unbeatable so monitoring and adjusting prices later are probably just a requirement for their business model.

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got shipping notice from my copy thru Amazon Japan. Now just need to wait for it to show up at the proxy for international shipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sqidd said:

I'm getting concerned that NY won't be able to fill my orders. I ordered late.

I ordered my GX-88 Dairugger from them, same PO night as DX Macross VF-1S. GX-88 was released a month ago in Japan and haven't received any preparation in progress, however, I did receive a preparation in progress for my DX Macross VF-1S, 25K mark up price, very ironic.

I'm still mad at them that GX-88 still has no movement, and they keep on saying, they are waiting for more stock. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sqidd said:

I paid a looooooong time ago.

I'm going to be ticked if they don't fill my order. I had a few chances of getting these on release day and passed.

They have until 2/10/20 to fill my order. At that point it's 6mo they would have had my money and the last chance I can file a charge-back with PayPal.

:o 2/10/20??? Have you had some experience in the past when NY took months to ship a pre-orders? I paid for the preorder in advance way more that what scalpers are charging now. but I checked NY and they have a no cancelling pre-orders rule 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

I ordered my GX-88 Dairugger from them, same PO night as DX Macross VF-1S. GX-88 was released a month ago in Japan and haven't received any preparation in progress, however, I did receive a preparation in progress for my DX Macross VF-1S, 25K mark up price, very ironic.

I'm still mad at them that GX-88 still has no movement, and they keep on saying, they are waiting for more stock. 

I’m in the same boat. I passed both on BBTS and USAGundam GX-88s because I have two on pre-order at NY. Crazy how we’re getting a VF-1S before the Voltron. 
 

I wasn’t collecting during the VF-31A fiasco but reading those stories I was actually impressed NY came through. I think it would have been a lot simpler for them to cancel the pre-orders then triple the price like every other retailer did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Syro said:

:o 2/10/20??? Have you had some experience in the past when NY took months to ship a pre-orders? I paid for the preorder in advance way more that what scalpers are charging now. but I checked NY and they have a no cancelling pre-orders rule 

I have seen NY be a few weeks late after release, I’m not worried.  They have always cane through and I have bought every Bandai  macross release except the 31’s from NY starting with the first YF-29.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we need to consider that in Japan, the DX Hikaru VF-1S would have been an earth shaking release.  We will all get our orders but I’m betting this thing is causing third degree burns when people pick it up off the shelf in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, tjdetweiler said:

I ordered my GX-88 Dairugger from them, same PO night as DX Macross VF-1S. GX-88 was released a month ago in Japan and haven't received any preparation in progress, however, I did receive a preparation in progress for my DX Macross VF-1S, 25K mark up price, very ironic.

I'm still mad at them that GX-88 still has no movement, and they keep on saying, they are waiting for more stock. 

Same exact thing here my VF-1S order number is 701217 while my vehicle Voltron is at 70899. I’ve emailed them multiple times and no response. I’m pretty much done with them after these orders. The worst part is they still have orders open for pre order on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

I think we need to consider that in Japan, the DX Hikaru VF-1S would have been an earth shaking release.  We will all get our orders but I’m betting this thing is causing third degree burns when people pick it up off the shelf in Japan.

Thanks for that, I feel a little less crazy :D It honestly sounds like Black Friday opening level craziness to get the 1S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Don’t worry @sqidd, bottom line is people will bitch and moan about NY all they can but NY ALWAYS delivers.

[...]

Basically, just relax, enjoy the items you have in hand and you will get your Valk from NY. I don’t recommend paying their markup when that happens but their initial preorder prices are unbeatable so monitoring and adjusting prices later are probably just a requirement for their business model.

This. Some people here have zero chill. Personally I'd rather deal with a retailer like N-Y, rather than one that cancels my pre-order just before the release because Bandai shorted them. There are no parts of my life that will fall apart if I get the item a week, or even a month, later than it's available on Japanese store shelves or other users here are posting their pictures. I can be patient.

I also appreciate the option to buy at a markup when my other options are either to get super lucky between PO madness night and release date, or spin the release date availability roulette wheel. Past release day availability results (Max -1A) are not a guarantee of future performance (Hikaru -1S). Your other option, if you don't want to spend money on a markup, is to spend time refreshing this thread or individual retailers. I feel the markup option works out better for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

This. Some people here have zero chill. Personally I'd rather deal with a retailer like N-Y, rather than one that cancels my pre-order just before the release because Bandai shorted them. There are no parts of my life that will fall apart if I get the item a week, or even a month, later than it's available on Japanese store shelves or other users here are posting their pictures. I can be patient.

I also appreciate the option to buy at a markup when my other options are either to get super lucky between PO madness night and release date, or spin the release date availability roulette wheel. Past release day availability results (Max -1A) are not a guarantee of future performance (Hikaru -1S). Your other option, if you don't want to spend money on a markup, is to spend time refreshing this thread or individual retailers. I feel the markup option works out better for me.

Such sensibility!:D

Seriously, NY is the only shop actively doing things that actually help and improve the customer experience. I don’t like paying markups and don’t do it but the option is better for people who don’t want to deal with it and feel the markup is worth saving the headache. I’m just happy that they have the lowest prices initially and give me the chance at that, which I’ve been able to get on all but a few occasions (like three out of hundreds of orders). I did miss the 1S at NY and it sucks but I’m not bitching at them about it. As for delays, I’m sure there is good reason and again, why would they purposefully delay shipping? I think someone mentioned their location is a bit out of the way so some items might take longer for them to receive and then ship out. I never worry about any of my orders and somehow, they all show up when they show up and I enjoy them just the same or more because I never stressed over them. 

Now, I just hope I can get a order that actually goes through at one of the other shops for the 1S since I missed my NY chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Syro said:

:o 2/10/20??? Have you had some experience in the past when NY took months to ship a pre-orders? I paid for the preorder in advance way more that what scalpers are charging now. but I checked NY and they have a no cancelling pre-orders rule 

You can cancel you order any time you want if you pay with PayPal. PayPal will cancel it for you.;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...