Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

26 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

I got my 'Processing' notice from NY. I ordered on PO night and just missed the MSRP price. Settle for the first price hike and total was just over $306 USD shipped. A bit steep but whatever :pardon:

image.png.2f1cc5b601e010174d80246b5bfd9fb3.png

I paid the same.  My order number is #700777 and got the prep notice about one hour before you did on the 22nd.

2 hours ago, peter said:

Some observations with the 1S, maybe it's been discussed already, but it seems to be missing the tiny skull decal behind the cockpit, those were a DYRL thing right?

Yup, that was DYRL thing. Dunno how that was missed.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Hikky 1S with a $50 markup plus shipping.  I just wanted save my time and stop looking.  Getting the new Legioss was so much easier.

16 hours ago, peter said:

OK, so I know the Hikki 1S is all the rage right now, and nobody really cares about the Max 1A at the moment, but it was all I could get while I was in Japan and I snapped a few photos at the in-law's backyard.

But the washlet didn't turn out in this photo :(

nice pics of another beautiful bird!  those hands are amazing!  so expressive and detailed!

6 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

The same thing happened with Max. My guess is that they have stock from Bandai - this is likely the below MSRP they offer on PO night. Then there is the stock that the N-Y mob finds by God knows what methods to fulfill the scalper price orders. They may get their scalper stock in waves and even before the actual Bandai allocated stock. Hence, some of us got prep notices already. And my guess is that none of you with normal POs have notices yet. This is what happened to me with Max. 

Of course, I’m speculating and no expert so who knows... HA. But makes sense to me.

Yup.  NY going to all the stores in Japan like the crowds.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

No shipping notice yet from either Amazon Japan or Hobby Search. Got charged for both though, so probably going out Monday.

I had AJ in cart on preorder night, but they don't ship to North America.

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Good heads up. I haven’t been charged by Hobby Search yet. Did you get one through AJ direct with Global Ship? Just wondering if that ever opened up.

same question here

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Direct from AJ, but shipped to my Tenso proxy address. It's the only pre-order I managed to get. The hobby search order was on release.

What's a Tenso proxy address?  Is it a business that receives orders in Japan and forwards the package to your US address?

56 minutes ago, beatsing said:

What's a Tenso proxy address?  Is it a business that receives orders in Japan and forwards the package to your US address?

Pretty much. You get a specific personal address (like having a unit number for an apt building) that anything which shows up there will be held for you to cross-ship overseas. They charge a service fee per received parcel, plus a fee to combine packages for international shipping.

Essentially I have my tenso address registered as my address for places like Amazon Japan (along with my US address) and my Arcadia web store account.

58 minutes ago, F360 said:

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Pretty much. You get a specific personal address (like having a unit number for an apt building) that anything which shows up there will be held for you to cross-ship overseas. They charge a service fee per received parcel, plus a fee to combine packages for international shipping.

Essentially I have my tenso address registered as my address for places like Amazon Japan (along with my US address) and my Arcadia web store account.

Thanks for this info. Very useful. I'll have to try it sometime.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

I used the Buy It Now price from a Yahoo JP auction vendor. I'm using FromJapan as a proxy service.

Interesting.  I paid 26,500 JPY a couple of months ago to secure someone's pre-order.  I'm hoping it will ship from the seller this coming week and so that I can get FJ to ship it the first week of December.

21 hours ago, CharlesXavier said:

If pinoy78 is a Filipino, have to hand it to his/her resourcefulness to get at least 40 pieces of 1S in japan 

947143C3-3BF4-4F00-9EE2-8CE939804944.png

I don’t think he got 40 VF-1Ss, he’s posting a scalpers pic to complain about scalpers.

Edited by Saburo

7 hours ago, F360 said:

Thanks, if I knew about this, I could have had an AJ order in on preorder night.  I'll have to try this out.

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Thanks, if I knew about this, I could have had an AJ order in on preorder night.  I'll have to try this out.  Do you have to pay Japan tax?  How long do they hold inventory for?

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Was busy last night so I couldn't get to Bic after Saitousad's report. Dropped by today but they're all sold out now. 

37974731_IMG_20191124_13064001.jpg.117c567820b8f06680ff2d1670381817.jpg

They should ship it with this original box.  My Max didn't come with this box.

pinoy78 is a youtuber IIRC?

39 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Thanks, if I knew about this, I could have had an AJ order in on preorder night.  I'll have to try this out.  Do you have to pay Japan tax?  How long do they hold inventory for?

Yup, you pay tax, because you're shipping to a Japanese address.

They hold inventory for 60 days.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

I don’t think he got 40 VF-1Ss, he’s posting a scalpers pic to complaint about scalpers.

This is messed up! I wonder if the various retailers who have been I  business for a while:

1. Qont be able to fulfill thier orders

2. Causes enough backlash to those retailers from the buyers.

3. Pressures either a rerelease or more initial stock to be created. 

And this IS what I hate about this "hobby." Shouldn't be this silly to support the companies that make good Macross products.

11 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I'm getting concerned that NY won't be able to fill my orders. I ordered late.

Maybe this type of situation can be turned into a benefit for future iterations of DX VF releases. I hope you do get your @sqidd. Have they taken payment? Or was it an order that "Pay later not an option?"

25 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Maybe this type of situation can be turned into a benefit for future iterations of DX VF releases. I hope you do get your @sqidd. Have they taken payment? Or was it an order that "Pay later not an option?"

I paid a looooooong time ago.

I'm going to be ticked if they don't fill my order. I had a few chances of getting these on release day and passed.

They have until 2/10/20 to fill my order. At that point it's 6mo they would have had my money and the last chance I can file a charge-back with PayPal.

Edited by sqidd

Man, I swore off NY because of their scalper inflation tactics. The 2 orders I had from them previously went okay and with no issues.  But I don't like the 2 times I tried to pre-order the VF-1A Max then the 1S, only to see the next few days more at inflated rates. And by the looks of it, the VF-1S may not be as abundant in the after market as Max 1A is. I know that there are a few that state "Its better to get it at a mark up then not at all." And I wont disagree, but if retailers are now not even able to fill that inflated rate product to their customers., that bad.

10 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Man, I swore off NY because of their scalper inflation tactics. The 2 orders I had from them previously went okay and with no issues.  But I don't like the 2 times I tried to pre-order the VF-1A Max then the 1S, only to see the next few days more at inflated rates. And by the looks of it, the VF-1S may not be as abundant in the after market as Max 1A is. I know that there are a few that state "Its better to get it at a mark up then not at all." And I wont disagree, but if retailers are now not even able to fill that inflated rate product to their customers., that bad.

I massively over paid. If I don't get my premium price order filled.............I'm done with NY.

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I paid a looooooong time ago.

I'm going to be ticked if they don't fill my order. I had a few chances of getting these on release day and passed.

They have until 2/10/20 to fill my order. At that point it's 6mo they would have had my money and the last chance I can file a charge-back with PayPal.

I understand how you feel, I am now furious and frustrated with what Play-Asia had done to my order, cancelling my fully paid June order 1 day before release date. They don't even give me ample time to hunt for another.

I do truly hope you get yours.

7 hours ago, Tenbatsu said:

Tough luck. Mine was cancelled by Play-asia 1 day before release, fully paid for 5 months ago. I am bombarding them to compensate me, let's see how it goes.

Thats pretty sad, us fans get the stick while the scalpers profit, I see a lot of buy it nows on japan auction sites for 26000yen, but I am sticking to my guns of not feeding the scalpers, hell I even stopped buying from NY after the vf-31A shenanigans. Now, I don’t know what to do with the super parts I had ordered for the VF-1S, I guess I’ll just hold onto those or put them on the VF-1J