Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Holy crap! That idea sounds nutty, but if I can find a super cheap suitcase, it becomes a brilliant idea and cheaper than shipping all this stuff! Genius! 

You can try Don Don Quixote. They sell luggages and even big ass duffel bags. 

Edited by eXis10z

55 minutes ago, SaitouSad said:

Dude are there more? I decided to skip Akiba after reading the update above. Where did you get one? 

Got mine at the standalone Tamashii Nations shop outside on Akihabara chuo dori. There was only one left after I bought mine that I could see. They're behind the register. I only saw it as I was about to walk out of the store. The sight stopped me in my tracks. :o

3 hours ago, beatsing said:

So now we don't feel like we're alone.

Bandai reissue more please!

Japanese fans should complain like the Evangelion release.  It's a scalper problem, but at the end of the day, if Bandai produced sufficient quantities, the scalpers wouldn't sell for much over msrp.

I don't feel so bad about leaving a few days before the release then.

OK, so I know the Hikki 1S is all the rage right now, and nobody really cares about the Max 1A at the moment, but it was all I could get while I was in Japan and I snapped a few photos at the in-law's backyard.

Photo dump:

PB063283.JPG

PB063284.JPG

PB063285.JPG

PB063286.JPG

PB063287.JPG

PB063288.JPG

PB063289.JPG

PB063296.JPG

PB063298.JPG

PB063301.JPG

With some of the toys my kid got.

PB083709.JPG

PB083712.JPG

PB083715.JPG

PB083717.JPG

PB083719.JPG

PB083722.JPG

PB083738.JPG

PB083740.JPG

PB083748.JPG

PB083751.JPG

PB083767.JPG

PB083769.JPG

PB083911.JPG

PB083915.JPG

PB083916.JPG

PB083917.JPG'PB083925.JPG

PB083926.JPG

PB083927.JPG

PB083929.JPG

PB083930.JPG

PB083931.JPG

PB083932.JPG

PB083933.JPG

PB083934.JPG

PB083936.JPG

PB083941.JPG

PB083943.JPG

PB083944.JPG

PB083949.JPG

PB083951.JPG

PB083954.JPG

PB083960.JPG

PB083963.JPG

PB083967.JPG

PB083994.JPG

PB083996.JPG

PB083997.JPG

PB084001.JPG

Some of you mil guys will get this pose.

PB084008.JPG

PB084039.JPG

PB084042.JPG

PB084069.JPG

PB084083.JPG

PB084086.JPG

PB084089.JPG

I was trying to recreate that scene where Max finds himself in a Zentradi washroom but this was the wrong angle and there was no urinal.

PB084096.JPG

But the washlet didn't turn out in this photo :(

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Got mine at the standalone Tamashii Nations shop outside on Akihabara chuo dori. There was only one left after I bought mine that I could see. They're behind the register. I only saw it as I was about to walk out of the store. The sight stopped me in my tracks. :o

Thank you so much @Lolicon for the info. I lucked out everywhere including Akiba but decided to visit Tamashi Nations anyway 

I'm paying for 1 right now! Turns out Bic Camera is limiting 1 per customer and they're even asking if the name on the passport and cc are the same (though he didn't seem to check anyway) 

Also the cashier was a chinese dude (just something I just noticed when another Chinese customer spoke to him asking how many boxes were sold). 

If any of you are still around Akiba,do consider dropping by to try your luck (also Nagano Broadway is pretty empty and run down now) 

15745045460404365049239099563631.jpg

40 minutes ago, peter said:

At Tamashi Nations the day I left......so close and yet so far :(PB185737.thumb.JPG.245cc61cdb3ee514c945ac17d35765c9.JPGPB185741.thumb.JPG.5ae6ec0fb365eeee45233c0afc123831.JPG

The staff have no idea how to pose these toys, lol!

It says don’t touch but you really should’ve, at least to adjust the right arm/shoulder that they didn’t even bother sliding up to match the left. The gerwalk pose/angle leaves much to be desired. 

16 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

No shipping notice from NY.  I pre-ordered it at their scalper prices you'd think they at least be quick in getting them out.

Haha Right?!  Did you get the prep notice yet? They sent that pretty quick. It’s the weekend and most don’t ship. We’ll see ‘em start rolling out next week.

4 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

How much was their scalper price?

Which one? :p I got mine for 27k Yen. But some were 25k all the way up to about 33k if memory serves right.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

No shipping notice from NY.  I pre-ordered it at their scalper prices you'd think they at least be quick in getting them out.

Same here... ordered it about a month after pre-orders closed for 332 plus shipping -______-

Kind of frustrating

14 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Nippon Yasan doesn’t have them in stock yet, they are still listed as a pre-order.

1 hour ago, nathans82 said:

I got my Preparation notice. Mine was 25K + Shipping from NY for the VF-1S

:huh:

The same thing happened with Max. My guess is that they have stock from Bandai - this is likely the below MSRP they offer on PO night. Then there is the stock that the N-Y mob finds by God knows what methods to fulfill the scalper price orders. They may get their scalper stock in waves and even before the actual Bandai allocated stock. Hence, some of us got prep notices already. And my guess is that none of you with normal POs have notices yet. This is what happened to me with Max. 

Of course, I’m speculating and no expert so who knows... HA. But makes sense to me.

19 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

No shipping notice yet from either Amazon Japan or Hobby Search. Got charged for both though, so probably going out Monday.

Good heads up. I haven’t been charged by Hobby Search yet. Did you get one through AJ direct with Global Ship? Just wondering if that ever opened up.

Some observations with the 1S, maybe it's been discussed already, but it seems to be missing the tiny skull decal behind the cockpit, those were a DYRL thing right?

Also, the intakes on the chest.....they seem to be missing the panel lines that we get on the Yamatos...this goes for both TV ans DYRL versions of this toy..

36 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Good heads up. I haven’t been charged by Hobby Search yet. Did you get one through AJ direct with Global Ship? Just wondering if that ever opened up.

Direct from AJ, but shipped to my Tenso proxy address. It's the only pre-order I managed to get. The hobby search order was on release.

5 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Direct from AJ, but shipped to my Tenso proxy address. It's the only pre-order I managed to get. The hobby search order was on release.

Same from AJ. Congrats on the HS pickup, I’ve never successfully placed an order there :lol:

10 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

3 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Same from AJ. Congrats on the HS pickup, I’ve never successfully placed an order there :lol:

Ahhh sweet. Well done. I actually landed HS on release same time. Was shocked. Thank God the payment info, addy, etc. were still in place from PO night cuz I’ve never managed to order from them before.