Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Buyee is a proxy, they will place bids on your behalf to Yahoo Japan Auctions, and will also purchase products for you via various webstores.

There are other proxies as well, such as FromJapan, DeJapan, and ZenMarket (in my order of preference). Currently I get almost all my my TWE and P-Bandai stuff via FromJapan, with DeJapan and ZenMarket as backups.

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks like the production quantity is pretty high this time around, might even be possible to get a second at release.

What makes you say that? This photo could simply be what this particular business ordered or it may even be less than their order. 

Hopefully NY is able to fill all of their orders without it trickling out for months!

Just now, Matt Random said:

What makes you say that? This photo could simply be what this particular business ordered or it may even be less than their order. 

Hopefully NY is able to fill all of their orders without it trickling out for months!

Going by the prices I'm seeing on Amazon Japan/YJA, and how the scalpers are starting to drop back towards retail in an effort to offload.

Saw it with the Max before, and that one's just barely over retail after release.

9 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Going by the prices I'm seeing on Amazon Japan/YJA, and how the scalpers are starting to drop back towards retail in an effort to offload.

Saw it with the Max before, and that one's just barely over retail after release.

this should be a good sign.  this should be as accessible to as many as possible.  fingers crossed...

24 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

And this is what I assessed would happen. Glad that there was a MWer here ( will give a huge shout out to them once the deal is done) that managed to get an extra to sell, and I was fortunate enough to be at the right place at the right time. 

I hate the places, on the next day from PO craziness, raise the price 100.00. 

49 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'm debating trying for a second one, but that HLJ surprise restock just beat my wallet senseless.

The surprise restock also threw a wrench in my plans. Now you have to ask yourself, what happens if their upcoming black friday sale has steep discounts on macross products you've held off on until this point! (arcadia products being my case)

Edited by RIBFIR

8 minutes ago, RIBFIR said:

The surprise restock also has thrown a wrench in my plans. You also have to ask yourself, what happens if their upcoming black friday sale has steep discounts on macross products you've held off on until this point! (arcadia products being my case)

Tell me about it. VF-1J Armored, VF-4G, VF-1S Roy PF.

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

Part of me is happy I decided to willingly sleep instead of spend. I dont have any Arcadia 1/60s yet. I may get the 0S PF and collect the Zero line. But that can of worms of the VF-1s...my wallet would kill me. Just looking last night, I was thinking " Oh I could spend 2.5k easy right now" and today I am okay with that decision to hold off.

39 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

That VF-1J Armored really caught my eye.  That's a good price; I almost grabbed it, even though I have one sitting on my shelf already.

Back on topic, I still haven't heard anything from HLJ regarding my DX 1/48 Hikaru 1S.  The order still shows up, and I know it's technically not the release date yet, so I'm not too worried.  I know HLJ is not the fastest to release product, out of the big retailers, either.

But.. ya know... I want my toy :D

20 hours ago, alan95_00 said:

Hi,

Anyone use this site before?

https://japanexclusive.ocnk.net/product/6280

Don't shop there. Pre-ordered a DX VF-1A there and never received it. A few days after release I asked the seller when he would ship and he said to be patient. My Patience lasted for 2 weeks before I opened a Paypal case after the seller stopped communicating. I got my money back and finally found the VF-1A almost at retail price elsewhere.

Surprised to see this "webstore" still exists...

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

¥ 27,500 + ¥ 400 shipping

That's still almost ichimon yen over MSRP........maybe prices will continue to drop.

50 minutes ago, Digitalfiend said:

I’m hoping the preorder I got through FromJapan (via YahooJP) doesn’t fall through.

Did you pay for the protection plan?

My PO of Max with the same method fail to deliver. Not all seller on YahooJP are legit. So be careful.