Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, peter said:

Lol, the prices.  I'm actually clinging onto some hope that I can find one in store for MSRP tomorrow before I fly out.

The VF-1S releases tomorrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

!s seems to be a lower print run.

i hope so:unsure:

Exactly, it's like someone charging $15 for a pint of water, scalpers charge $30. then being glad it's back to $15 for a pint of water.

Bandai's typical maneuver. 

Metal Build line is even worse on how they nickel and dime you. I'm so used to it but will hold off on missiles. 50 bucks for missiles. geez

next: Bandai will put a premium edition on TV hands. 

all then need now is a white landing gear edition and i'm in.  

Of all things, these be the easiest to KO. After all the missile sets are the most basic of shapes, and don't even have any gimmicks or anything..

Only thing is whether any KO's come in weird sizing lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gerwookie said:

I think Amazon says the 11-23 and so mykombini is charging a couple days before?

I'm banned from MyKombini because they couldn't get their act together on fixing my HMR VF-1A that had incorrect parts.  Good luck if you ever have anything go wrong with your order, they aren't very kind there when that happens.  They lost a lot of sales due to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, gerwookie said:

I think Amazon says the 11-23 and so mykombini is charging a couple days before?

Yes . Some stores request payment earlier , so if you do not pay , they will cancel your preorder and relist it for people that are still looking to get one .   N-Y does the same too .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I thought so. Just didn’t know what the official street date was, as mykombini seemed earlier than everyone else. Hope it works out! Came to about the same price as getting it from HLJ. Nothing compared to AJ though... still waiting on the one from Nin-nin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, gerwookie said:

Yeah I thought so. Just didn’t know what the official street date was, as mykombini seemed earlier than everyone else. Hope it works out! Came to about the same price as getting it from HLJ. Nothing compared to AJ though... still waiting on the one from Nin-nin. 

The official street date from Bandai is 11-23-19.   
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm probably weird about the missiles.  I only had one 1/48 yammie, and only put the missiles on once.  I just display them on the tarmac under the wings because it's a hassle to take them on and off when transforming; it's like a partsformer, which I don't like.  

I have multiples of the v2 yammies, one plain, one strike, one GBP, but I don't install the missiles.  The strike parts (other than the missiles) transforms without partsforming.  The GBP doesn't transform so whatever.  

So I don't think the missiles are worth the price.  Unless Bandai does the HMR missile special effects parts for DX.  The HMR are so nice they are an exception.

Those who regularly install and uninstall the missiles, do they ever crack on the connector?  does the weight make the wings droop over time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sqidd said:

The VF-1S releases tomorrow?

I heard some places might have it early

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, peter said:

I heard some places might have it early

Mine are coming from NY.....so it will be January before I see mine.:p

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sqidd said:

Mine are coming from NY.....so it will be January before I see mine.:p

 

Oh, I see you paid for the white gloves rush shipping from NY!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 12:30 AM, Darth Mingus said:

As others have said, MyKombini has started asking for payment meaning the release of the VF-1S Hikaru will be soon.  I thought I'd post links to the stores that may start getting pre-orders cancelled (that also don't scalp):

HLJ: https://www.hlj.com/dx-chogokin-the-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijo-use-bans55800

AmiAmi: https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-049315

HobbySearch: https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10616645

Amazon (General Product Listing): https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/offer-listing/B07SH712YR/ref=dp_olp_new_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=new  

Stores that do "scalp" (by this I mean list pre-order above retail after an initial batch):

MyKombini: https://mykombini.com/en/november-2019/14762-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-hikaru-ichijyou-custom-macross-do-you-remember-love-bandai-spirits-4573102558008.html - 28,990 Yen

Nippon-Yasan: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28337-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1s-valkyrie-ichijou-hikaru-custom.html - 32,250 Yen

Hopefully these links will help people who were not able to score a pre-order.  Good luck!

thanks!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, no luck.  Back in Canada empty handed.....well, apart from the Max 1A.

Will skip the 1S Hikaru I guess and wait out for Roy as originally planned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry if this is more of a N-Y question than a 1/48 DX VF-1 question, but I know I'm not going to be at the address where my VF-1S and the duplicate order are being sent. Assuming N-Y never responds to my ticket about changing the address, has anyone had any luck re-routing an EMS package? Would a temporary change of address accomplish this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Sorry if this is more of a N-Y question than a 1/48 DX VF-1 question, but I know I'm not going to be at the address where my VF-1S and the duplicate order are being sent. Assuming N-Y never responds to my ticket about changing the address, has anyone had any luck re-routing an EMS package? Would a temporary change of address accomplish this?

If you can pin down a rough estimate of when the package will arrive, you could arrange for a mail hold during that time, so it just gets held at the office.  That can be a little unpredictable, but if you aren't expecting any other important mail, you could potentially just set your mail to be held for a month once you receive the shipping notice, and then cancel the hold once it arrives.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

If you can pin down a rough estimate of when the package will arrive, you could arrange for a mail hold during that time, so it just gets held at the office.  That can be a little unpredictable, but if you aren't expecting any other important mail, you could potentially just set your mail to be held for a month once you receive the shipping notice, and then cancel the hold once it arrives.

Fortunately, I'm not in a situation where I'm in danger of the package being lost/stolen, just one where I might not being able to see it until next year. 

Does anyone know if the "Premium Forwarding Service Residential" applies to EMS packages in the US?

Edited by MikeRoz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Fortunately, I'm not in a situation where I'm in danger of the package being lost/stolen, just one where I might not being able to see it until next year. 

Does anyone know if the "Premium Forwarding Service Residential" applies to EMS packages in the US?

Not to be toooo snarky, but if you ordered from NY, you might not see it until next year anyway. :lol: 

I can't say anything about package forwarding service, but I'm guessing this is just a temporary change for travel/vacation time?  You might be able to set up a temporary forwarding address with the USPS that'll do that, but I don't know what kind of minimum amount of lead time or duration those sorts of setups might require.

Edited by Chronocidal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

Well, no luck.  Back in Canada empty handed.....well, apart from the Max 1A.

Will skip the 1S Hikaru I guess and wait out for Roy as originally planned.

That's my plan. I mean I don't want to knock anyone for buying this obviously beautiful VF-1S with the red paint, but I overall want the Roy Focker one more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...