Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

Great shot @sh9000!!! Add the missiles, photoshop a little foot jets and a rocket or 2 leaving the bird....JK...kind of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Great shot @sh9000!!! Add the missiles, photoshop a little foot jets and a rocket or 2 leaving the bird....JK...kind of.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@sh9000 dramatic shot.  Second that suggestion of photoshopping the thrusters with the afterburner glow and photoshopping out the stand.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jenius said:

The 1S costs the same 18,000 yen as the first two releases. I think what you're seeing is retailer mark up on a high demand item.

 

16 hours ago, rocketblast said:

Ohhh okay thanks for letting me know.  Yeah I've seen them jump way up in price too quick then.  Yep just looked it up, $300+ at various sites but you're correct a lot of sites had it for around the 18,000 yen mark for pre-order.  Well I just want the yellow Focker variant anyway hopefully they release that one.  The red one indeed looks nice but I'm more partial to the VF-1A model for that color scheme in the movie.

You surprised me amptor!  I considered you a Macross collection veteran.  Pre-order night for the Hikaru's VF-1S was no joke.  Scalpers were relisting the 1S within minutes of securing their pre-orders for over double retail.  I would expect pre-order night for Roy's VF-1S to be the same or worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll see if I can take a pic without the stand and blend the two pics together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could be right. Maybe if Bandai announced an upcoming Kakyzaki TV VF-1A more consumer would be compelled to complete the Vermillion Squadron.

This news does not look good for TV Valks.

I hope to be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If one want to complete Vermillion squad, they are pretty much barred because of the after market price of VF-1J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Looks like the aftermarket for Max has plateaud at 22k. Guess he's just not as in demand as Hikaru...for now. 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1120352947&ref=list&keyword=マクロス

With 2 1/48 VF-1 releases next to each other,  and already shots of other DYRL valks, am expecting 1/48 VF-1 after market prices to have some slippage... 

22k may or may not be the lowest for the foreseeable future? Will see...
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking for those who only want a single 1/48 mold, the demand shifted from VF-1A Max to the upcoming VF-1S Hikaru, due to the Super Strike parts for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah most likely a reason. Although the sight of 3 other DYRL valks plus the sets and missiles must have made folks think abt their budgeting if they want to get all... :o:p

Certainly the case with me...my focus still remains on vermillion team and probably waiting for dyrl focker..tho dyrl hikaru still looks tempting...

And with yf-21 coming in too...phew!!:help:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20191105_122532.thumb.jpg.982f04972442b572ca9d7227344c5dfa.jpg20191105_122401.thumb.jpg.4a1f668b615444b9db7620176e509747.jpg20191105_122350.thumb.jpg.4ebefcf68917112b0021dbecef4af554.jpg20191105_122342.thumb.jpg.425cb0c4799d4c40d43876640eb590fc.jpg20191105_122335.thumb.jpg.816dcb810d7414c686c4ba4d15707427.jpgWas at the Tamashi Nations in Akihabara the other day, nothing in stock, Hikki's 1S will be avail in store for ¥19,800 on the 23rd....I'm leaving on the 19th....fuk.

Asked the staff if they would sell me one of the demo models (I knew she wouldn't), she gave me the "what a stupid foreigner" look, lol!20191105_123111.thumb.jpg.75426c416eee1226a042409ab080dbab.jpg

Went to a few other shops, found Max for ¥25,000, decided to pass and wait out for Roy's 1S, then decided to stop by Mandrake and found Max for ¥22,000 duty free so I caved and picked it up.

 

20191105_122850.thumb.jpg.a22fe853c41985a196802b4b91d7daf1.jpg20191105_122834.thumb.jpg.74ed44d171f61f96a6630b846629b8d7.jpg20191105_122823.thumb.jpg.0fa432df15d23db652816cb4c577c478.jpg20191105_122806.thumb.jpg.93dbaf3eea6df73ffbe95e5658a863db.jpg20191105_122800.thumb.jpg.002f842f007cd7c0a85952e9e1b27fd2.jpg20191105_122706.thumb.jpg.2e273f8ce6593f692b527864d9c86199.jpg20191105_122658.thumb.jpg.3822b86d39bc791214f44a6b9aeb04f8.jpg20191105_122644.thumb.jpg.e5d9fc7a585541c7d34a576e2fba21de.jpg20191105_122615.thumb.jpg.bdf878ab8ae5e366f075c8e14c2d28cb.jpg20191105_122602.thumb.jpg.642e3ab501868d9861aee3486ba7d4e0.jpg20191105_122557.thumb.jpg.e53bb74f0f3c07dd252308bdc71b41d7.jpg20191105_122551.thumb.jpg.7e27dc3e47fb533b7b97fe27a905d573.jpg20191105_122543.thumb.jpg.c1d37c02f883ef29cee5cbd24f951c60.jpg20191105_122537.thumb.jpg.8a18dd0815d5563d40d407527e397067.jpg20191105_123306.thumb.jpg.26dfc9d5edae6fe4f6eeb6426166f1b0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some other stuff I found at Mandrake20191105_145152.thumb.jpg.f14d94ef7f49683a3cfb75607d763f39.jpg20191105_144049.thumb.jpg.43b941ae8429d17608aadb8db6dd5499.jpg20191105_144038.thumb.jpg.047e5875837da228fdc9564b71b74331.jpg20191105_144017.thumb.jpg.9da2e23e5158f6948b8fec06444a15c4.jpg20191105_144026.thumb.jpg.05abc9875b0c35fedc969a3888f577c2.jpg20191105_143958.thumb.jpg.93db04163af5bcf76a25a94846b6fb60.jpg20191105_143951.thumb.jpg.e5f264332ae9739bc5d52ba0468a5c79.jpg20191105_143927.thumb.jpg.89e2158d802cc079501e746228f08dcc.jpg

 

 

Edited by peter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, peter said:

Asked the staff if they would sell me one of the demo models (I knew she wouldn't), she gave me the "what a stupid foreigner" look, lol!

It was worth a shot lol.  Hope you can snag a 1S on release and congrats on the Max 1A!  Mine just arrived from HLJ and she's a beauty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This may have been pointed out already, but I’m just noticing that the head lasers on the 1S are positioned differently in battroid and fighter. I guess that means they are individually articulated?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

This may have been pointed out already, but I’m just noticing that the head lasers on the 1S are positioned differently in battroid and fighter. I guess that means they are individually articulated?

that's right, individually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The articulation on these things are pretry impressive.  The hands are a huge improvement over the old Yammie chicken fingers.  Even though these come with larger fixed pose hands, I find the standard articulated hands are fairly passable.

 

The other thing I noticed right off the bat was how heavy they are compared to rhe Yammies.

 

Will post better pics whe  I get back to Canada.

IMG-20191106-WA0026.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Closest I could get this thing to properly shoulder his rifle and actually look down the sights.  Not bad actually.20191107_225203.thumb.jpg.32e544499fcced36b67f2bf54857b0dd.jpg20191107_225107.thumb.jpg.e7423e2a21fa31ee64b228db2a73bcd7.jpg20191107_225007.thumb.jpg.3aa9b5d508635847bbbfaab61d0a19ac.jpg20191107_224940.thumb.jpg.4dae5aa7d5f858208005b4ced2a72351.jpg20191107_224751.thumb.jpg.93d4e00107f5f558b837e7f071005f7c.jpg20191107_224720.thumb.jpg.c65a8c6254b708c3fbad827333d57309.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't get a cheek weld with the stock, but can almost get a c-clamp grip with the left hand.

20191107_230134.jpg

P7308579.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, peter said:

20191105_122335.thumb.jpg.816dcb810d7414c686c4ba4d15707427.jpgWas at the Tamashi Nations in Akihabara the other day, nothing in stock, Hikki's 1S will be avail in store for ¥19,800 on the 23rd....I'm leaving on the 19th....fuk.

Asked the staff if they would sell me one of the demo models (I knew she wouldn't), she gave me the "what a stupid foreigner" look, lol!

Went to a few other shops, found Max for ¥25,000, decided to pass and wait out for Roy's 1S, then decided to stop by Mandrake and found Max for ¥22,000 duty free so I caved and picked it up.

Perfect timing! I'll be in Japan right at that time. Would love to pick up another Hikaru 1S at retail if I can.

Grats on the Max. Love all the pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More Gerwalk appreciation. :D

48999336862_2288201d6c_h.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@peter aww yeah big robots with humanoid special forces rifle poses. 

Waiting for kombini to ping me to finally pay for the 1S. 

Edited by gerwookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gerwookie said:

@peter aww yeah big robots with humanoid special forces rifle poses. 

Waiting for kombini to ping me to finally pay for the 1S. 

I tried to get Max into prone, but it looked like ass.  I find that Gundams are fairly easy to pose into realistic gunfighting positions, but this guy was a bit tricky.  Had to cheat a bit and collapse the buttstock.

For te record, that's me in the photo with the AR, but I'm far from special, lol!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, peter said:

 Had to cheat a bit and collapse the buttstock.

 

Ah, but if you're wearing a vest/armor you have to collapse the buttstock then too. So, you didn't cheat.:good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@peter I like to pose my figures in realistic military poses too, but not my robots.  I assumed that the  roboto's gun has a sensor to assist the aim so that the valk doesn't have to aim down the sight etc from the robot's head.

@Saburo love that gerwalk pose in your custom background and nice lighting.  

Do any of the collectors have enough multiples to do the display with the fighter to gerwalk to battroid?  :)

If future releases are as easy to get as Max and not like 1S, we might get a fleet to reproduce that display.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, beatsing said:

 

Do any of the collectors have enough multiples to do the display with the fighter to gerwalk to battroid?  :)

 

I will with the 1S.:yahoo:

I only got singles of the 1J and 1A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hikkie prices are finally under 30,000 Yen on AJ for Japanese residents.  That's a good sign as we draw closer to release.  I think I got my PO at NY for like 27,000 Yen.  Hoping for those that waited, you'll get below that or even retail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, peter said:

I tried to get Max into prone, but it looked like ass.  I find that Gundams are fairly easy to pose into realistic gunfighting positions, but this guy was a bit tricky.  Had to cheat a bit and collapse the buttstock.

For te record, that's me in the photo with the AR, but I'm far from special, lol!

 

18 hours ago, beatsing said:

@peter I like to pose my figures in realistic military poses too, but not my robots.  I assumed that the  roboto's gun has a sensor to assist the aim so that the valk doesn't have to aim down the sight etc from the robot's head.

@Saburo love that gerwalk pose in your custom background and nice lighting.  

Do any of the collectors have enough multiples to do the display with the fighter to gerwalk to battroid?  :)

If future releases are as easy to get as Max and not like 1S, we might get a fleet to reproduce that display.

This exactly! How realistic is it for a robot to need to hold a rifle the same way a human needs to? There is no reason for any of the restrictions other than mechanical ability for the robot to shoot however it can. That also gives it a huge advantage of less restricted shooting angles. 

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

 

This exactly! How realistic is it for a robot to need to hold a rifle the same way a human needs to? There is no reason for any of the restrictions other than mechanical ability for the robot to shoot however it can. That also gives it a huge advantage of less restricted shooting angles. 

A robot doesn't need to look down the sites at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You're going down a robot... errr rabbit hole... you're going to discover soon that transforming robots aren't all that sensible in the first place.... you might even go full circle to the realization that they're just there because the notion is cool.... and that it looks cool when big robots do things that only humans do... and that it looks cool when a robot stares down the barrel of a gun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jenius said:

You're going down a robot... errr rabbit hole... you're going to discover soon that transforming robots aren't all that sensible in the first place.... you might even go full circle to the realization that they're just there because the notion is cool.... and that it looks cool when big robots do things that only humans do... and that it looks cool when a robot stares down the barrel of a gun.

I took the brown acid.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mechwarrior is a good example here. Cool robot designs that are super rigid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...