Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Did Yamato ever do a 1/48 DYRL Max 1S? It went under my radar if the did.

 

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No.

I double checked it via @jenius website Anymoon, which by the way sporting a new format. Nice! :good:

If Bandai was to make a DX Max's 1s, I can say that close to 90+% of us will jump on it in a flash (and with DRYL Supers correct?). ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Max's VF-1S needs to have battle damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we count down to Max yet?  Maybe get him by the end of Sept if we're lucky, and he releases by mid-month? 

Maybe it's a little too soon to get excited, but I'm missing the VF-1 discussion here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Can we count down to Max yet?  Maybe get him by the end of Sept if we're lucky, and he releases by mid-month? 

Maybe it's a little too soon to get excited, but I'm missing the VF-1 discussion here.

DX VF-1 is a fantastic toy...

I’m fine with Bandai taking their time. I need a few months where my CC bill doesn’t outstrip my mortgage lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, max VF-1A back to back with the Arcadia SV-51 and the Sentinel VR-041 is a lot of cash out the door in short order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Can we count down to Max yet?  Maybe get him by the end of Sept if we're lucky, and he releases by mid-month? 

Maybe it's a little too soon to get excited, but I'm missing the VF-1 discussion here.

Dont jinx it! Just wait for max to release....;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kakizaki's VF-1A MUST come with 1 brown fin, and 1 white fin. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Kakizaki's VF-1A MUST come with 1 brown fin, and 1 white fin. :lol:

Don’t forget, a smashed head too. :lol: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roy announcement?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, peter said:

Roy announcement?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

Not yet... Maybe the end of this year or within the few months of next year. 

Hikaru's 1s will be the last Macross valk release for this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, borgified said:

Not yet... Maybe the end of this year or within the few months of next year. 

Hikaru's 1s will be the last Macross valk release for this year.  

But will it be the last PO of the year???

It's been speculated before that the next one may not be until sometime between April and June.  But we can hope...

1q00gg.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

But will it be the last PO of the year???

It's been speculated before that the next one may not be until sometime between April and June.  But we can hope...

1q00gg.jpg

"Complete" and "Macross Collection" are not compatible.:lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^Damn dude, that's a real beauty. :wub:

Nicely done (as usual).

-b.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bring on the Max 1A!

1658778947_DXVF-1J41.thumb.jpg.3099e4aa6f331d667ed3a09ee7136fac.jpg

I look at my copy on my desk and then at your photo...... sigh...

I wish I have half the skill you have and resolve to get off my lazy butt  and do some weathering.

Well done as usual!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bring on the Max 1A!

1658778947_DXVF-1J41.thumb.jpg.3099e4aa6f331d667ed3a09ee7136fac.jpg

Woot woot! White landing gears. Very lovely. :wub:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks though I was trying to showcase the missiles that I finally got around to opening. :yahoo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would I be considered crazy buying this used considering how much they’ve been market up or should I just wait until the Hikaru VF-1S movie version to come out? So far, the cheapest one that I’ve found was around ¥26000 in one of the used shops in Akiba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing with waiting for 1S is,  You are not sure when it will it be annnounce and you are not guaranteed to get it even if you take a leave to Pre-order it unless you are willing to pay upfront that has a mark -up (which will probably cost around that figure).

 

I would buy it now if that one is still in good condition.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Beltane70 said:

Would I be considered crazy buying this used considering how much they’ve been market up or should I just wait until the Hikaru VF-1S movie version to come out? So far, the cheapest one that I’ve found was around ¥26000 in one of the used shops in Akiba.

Sounds like a decent deal; I would be tempted at that asking price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beltane70 said:

Would I be considered crazy buying this used considering how much they’ve been market up or should I just wait until the Hikaru VF-1S movie version to come out? So far, the cheapest one that I’ve found was around ¥26000 in one of the used shops in Akiba.

Depends on how much you want this figure in your collection. Everyone should have at least one DX VF-1 in their collection IMO.

Hikaru's 1S preorder is sold out. There is a chance you could score one when it comes out. But the chance of scoring one at retail price is near impossible.

As others said, securing one DX VF-1 during PO depends on your luck.

Bandai does not have a great track record reissuing figures. So if you have some disposable income you might give the 1J a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Beltane70 said:

Would I be considered crazy buying this used considering how much they’ve been market up or should I just wait until the Hikaru VF-1S movie version to come out? So far, the cheapest one that I’ve found was around ¥26000 in one of the used shops in Akiba.

Buying used item is not just about getting it cheapest , you also have to consider the condition that it’s in , from loose joints , paint chips, smoke , yellow ? And missing parts and or broken parts .

 

You can also wait for the dx 1/48 max tv to be out , which is soon .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F360 said:

Buying used item is not just about getting it cheapest , you also have to consider the condition that it’s in , from loose joints , paint chips, smoke , yellow ? And missing parts and or broken parts .

 

You can also wait for the dx 1/48 max tv to be out , which is soon .

Agreed.  And frankly, you might be better off watching the board here on the sales forum.  I'd feel more comfortable buying used from another collector who has a good rating here.  That's what I did.  And I was able to get a sealed copy for almost the same price as your used one by purchasing from a member on a different board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In stock, but it's a bit more than MSRP.

39,800¥

FML

image.png.73ed4ce2915520fde831e0b2fb5f6fa6.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone posted a while back that Max 1a was going down in price so scalpers probably having a hard time moving their preorders compared to 1j and 1s.  It’s the same mold except for the head. The 1s and 1j are more popular so more expensive/scalping.  If you are a fan of Max it’s probably more available and not as expensive.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beatsing said:

Someone posted a while back that Max 1a was going down in price so scalpers probably having a hard time moving their preorders compared to 1j and 1s.  It’s the same mold except for the head. The 1s and 1j are more popular so more expensive/scalping.  If you are a fan of Max it’s probably more available and not as expensive.  

I really wish you could get these things on pre-order night. Not even luck will get you one. It is more like divine intervention at this point. I am in for the vermilion 1/48 squadron. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get Roy's 1S at a mark up... Just because it is my fav, and it is my own avatar...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, beatsing said:

Someone posted a while back that Max 1a was going down in price so scalpers probably having a hard time moving their preorders compared to 1j and 1s.  It’s the same mold except for the head. The 1s and 1j are more popular so more expensive/scalping.  If you are a fan of Max it’s probably more available and not as expensive.  

It's definitely the cheapest of the bunch.  My thoughts on scalpers, I hope there's a special place in hell for them.

 

Current 1A price:  27,500

image.png.21d897480849a1234e604e4eb892e166.png

 

Current !s price:  32,250

 

image.png.dbc9593d3d4095315444f973866a0afd.png

 

Not a super huge fan of Max 1A, but it is the best price right now of all three.  Tempted to get Hikaru's 1S but I already have it from Yamato....don't see a point in having both, even though I do like the mold from the Bandai more.  I was thinking about getting the 1J since I have nothing from the TV series, but at that price, screw it.  I'll try to wait out until the Roy 1S comes out

 

Going to Japan again in November....hope I don't cave and buy something ridiculously overpriced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully, we’ll see at least the 1A hit release date at MSRP like we did with Chuck’s 31E. It seems like some people paid the upcharge for Chucky and then it hit the street at MSRP for a decent window of time. 1S could be same as well? Here’s to hoping...

i paid the upcharge for 1S because I didn’t want to chance it but could bite me in the ass at release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...