Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

7 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

Can we count down to Max yet?  Maybe get him by the end of Sept if we're lucky, and he releases by mid-month? 

Maybe it's a little too soon to get excited, but I'm missing the VF-1 discussion here.

Dont jinx it! Just wait for max to release....;)

Roy announcement?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

4 minutes ago, peter said:

Roy announcement?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet? Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

Not yet... Maybe the end of this year or within the few months of next year. 

Hikaru's 1s will be the last Macross valk release for this year.  

2 hours ago, borgified said:

Not yet... Maybe the end of this year or within the few months of next year. 

Hikaru's 1s will be the last Macross valk release for this year.  

But will it be the last PO of the year???

It's been speculated before that the next one may not be until sometime between April and June.  But we can hope...

1q00gg.jpg

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Bring on the Max 1A!

1658778947_DXVF-1J41.thumb.jpg.3099e4aa6f331d667ed3a09ee7136fac.jpg

I look at my copy on my desk and then at your photo...... sigh...

I wish I have half the skill you have and resolve to get off my lazy butt  and do some weathering.

Well done as usual!

Would I be considered crazy buying this used considering how much they’ve been market up or should I just wait until the Hikaru VF-1S movie version to come out? So far, the cheapest one that I’ve found was around ¥26000 in one of the used shops in Akiba.

The thing with waiting for 1S is,  You are not sure when it will it be annnounce and you are not guaranteed to get it even if you take a leave to Pre-order it unless you are willing to pay upfront that has a mark -up (which will probably cost around that figure).

I would buy it now if that one is still in good condition.

46 minutes ago, Beltane70 said:

Would I be considered crazy buying this used considering how much they’ve been market up or should I just wait until the Hikaru VF-1S movie version to come out? So far, the cheapest one that I’ve found was around ¥26000 in one of the used shops in Akiba.

Sounds like a decent deal; I would be tempted at that asking price. 

1 hour ago, Beltane70 said:

Depends on how much you want this figure in your collection. Everyone should have at least one DX VF-1 in their collection IMO.

Hikaru's 1S preorder is sold out. There is a chance you could score one when it comes out. But the chance of scoring one at retail price is near impossible.

As others said, securing one DX VF-1 during PO depends on your luck.

Bandai does not have a great track record reissuing figures. So if you have some disposable income you might give the 1J a try.

2 hours ago, Beltane70 said:

Buying used item is not just about getting it cheapest , you also have to consider the condition that it’s in , from loose joints , paint chips, smoke , yellow ? And missing parts and or broken parts .

You can also wait for the dx 1/48 max tv to be out , which is soon .

1 hour ago, F360 said:

Buying used item is not just about getting it cheapest , you also have to consider the condition that it’s in , from loose joints , paint chips, smoke , yellow ? And missing parts and or broken parts .

You can also wait for the dx 1/48 max tv to be out , which is soon .

Agreed.  And frankly, you might be better off watching the board here on the sales forum.  I'd feel more comfortable buying used from another collector who has a good rating here.  That's what I did.  And I was able to get a sealed copy for almost the same price as your used one by purchasing from a member on a different board.

Someone posted a while back that Max 1a was going down in price so scalpers probably having a hard time moving their preorders compared to 1j and 1s.  It’s the same mold except for the head. The 1s and 1j are more popular so more expensive/scalping.  If you are a fan of Max it’s probably more available and not as expensive.  

6 hours ago, beatsing said:

Someone posted a while back that Max 1a was going down in price so scalpers probably having a hard time moving their preorders compared to 1j and 1s.  It’s the same mold except for the head. The 1s and 1j are more popular so more expensive/scalping.  If you are a fan of Max it’s probably more available and not as expensive.  

I really wish you could get these things on pre-order night. Not even luck will get you one. It is more like divine intervention at this point. I am in for the vermilion 1/48 squadron. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get Roy's 1S at a mark up... Just because it is my fav, and it is my own avatar...

21 hours ago, beatsing said:

It's definitely the cheapest of the bunch.  My thoughts on scalpers, I hope there's a special place in hell for them.

Current 1A price:  27,500

image.png.21d897480849a1234e604e4eb892e166.png

Current !s price:  32,250

image.png.dbc9593d3d4095315444f973866a0afd.png

Not a super huge fan of Max 1A, but it is the best price right now of all three.  Tempted to get Hikaru's 1S but I already have it from Yamato....don't see a point in having both, even though I do like the mold from the Bandai more.  I was thinking about getting the 1J since I have nothing from the TV series, but at that price, screw it.  I'll try to wait out until the Roy 1S comes out

Going to Japan again in November....hope I don't cave and buy something ridiculously overpriced.

Hopefully, we’ll see at least the 1A hit release date at MSRP like we did with Chuck’s 31E. It seems like some people paid the upcharge for Chucky and then it hit the street at MSRP for a decent window of time. 1S could be same as well? Here’s to hoping...

i paid the upcharge for 1S because I didn’t want to chance it but could bite me in the ass at release.

On 8/9/2019 at 4:40 AM, seti88 said:

EBhav_kU0AApwKK.jpg.7682f26ab02d948aca9bd4835f79c362.jpg

In case of scalping, break glass.

Max and 1s are opposite: Max is plain, 1S is covered in markings.

On 8/9/2019 at 1:21 PM, peter said:

It's definitely the cheapest of the bunch.  My thoughts on scalpers, I hope there's a special place in hell for them.

Not a super huge fan of Max 1A, but it is the best price right now of all three.  Tempted to get Hikaru's 1S but I already have it from Yamato....don't see a point in having both, even though I do like the mold from the Bandai more.  I was thinking about getting the 1J since I have nothing from the TV series, but at that price, screw it.  I'll try to wait out until the Roy 1S comes out

Same.  Already a yammie in all head molds, in 1/60 and 1/48 so it's hard to justify buying .  I'd collect the 1S and 1j if at MSRP.   The 1a is less popular and cheaper so I'll probably buy one when it's out.

I'm not a fan of the Delta cartoon, and I hate preorder madness, so I didn't collect the previous dx V-31.  Chuck was available at release at msrp, so I bought.  It's sweet.  

2 hours ago, beatsing said:

In case of scalping, break glass.

Max and 1s are opposite: Max is plain, 1S is covered in markings.

Lol i think the scalpers want to break the glass themselves...

Gerwalk max is best viewed from top with the airbrake lines, thin backpack line and antennea against that nice white fuselage...;):wub:

54521791_2068114416634866_5244446112579846144_n_zpswfn0ozjc.jpg.31b87b4d4a51c0e70b307f61443383f1.jpg

awaiting max to release.....inhale....exhale...

Edited by seti88

I really just like the feel of the DX line in my hand.  It's heftier than Yamcadia.  If Bandai did a 1:60 line of the VF-1's with DX quality, I think that would be perfect for me.  But, 1:48 is my option right now so I need to figure out space as well.  Currently looking to grab a retail display case to better house them.