Jump to content

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, Lolicon said:
1 hour ago, Dobber said:

I wonder if they are still planning on releasing TV super parts. Don’t want to buy multiple Strike/Super parts as they are the DYRL style, and the first 2 releases are TV style Valks. Though, I know the 1J and 1A Max were never seen with Super Parts...but still.

I’m also assuming they will release Super parts each time a DYRL Valk is released? Kind of stupid not to. Would Bandai really expect people to PRE-preorder ALL the Strike/Super Parts they MAY need without knowing what Valks and when Bandai will be making.

Chris

Bandai does not have a history ever reissuing their web exclusives for Macross, so why would Bandai choose to start now? Better to order them all now and not have to risk paying inflated prices later, than take the chance of being gouged for strike parts later because Bandai doesn't do TWE reissues.

IF they do rerelease anything it'll be in some updated pack, as in the Valk and the parts together that way they can peg it as a new item without making any new molds.

(like the YF-19 Full set displayed at the Macross cross over live)

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Just got an email from NY, saying they had the strike pack in stock. Was able to get one finally get one.

just a heads up:  These new open orders are most likely from the 2nd batch late orders:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - DX Chogokin Movie VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set

Bandai Premium Limited Edition

 

Pre-order, Early Orders: December 2019

Late Orders: April 2020

 

Japanese Version!


New, Never Opened and box in EXCELLENT condition!

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, beatsing said:

They have a large cockpit, I'm not sure if it was Kitzconcept, but the interior detail was impressive.  

On the DX, Bandai probably wouldn't bother.  Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

From @jenius' Anymoon site. For some reasons, DX Hikaru's hand is not placed between the legs like the Yamato does. And I would assume that the DX VF-1S will have the figure hands more on the side since the controls are on the side.

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-15.jpg

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-12.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, F360 said:

just a heads up:  These new open orders are most likely from the 2nd batch late orders:

Super Dimension Fortress Macross - DX Chogokin Movie VF-1 Strike / Super Parts Set

Bandai Premium Limited Edition

 

Pre-order, Early Orders: December 2019

Late Orders: April 2020

 

Japanese Version!


New, Never Opened and box in EXCELLENT condition!

That's a little bit scary to pay something 10 months in advance. You're basically not covered with Paypal Protection anymore and you're tied to NY's store credit just in case the order didn't work out. I'm not sure though if it's the same if you use credit card directly.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

Nope....but the only thing that Bandai decided to use to differentiate between TV and DYRL cockpits was the addition of the HUD for the TV version....the Hikaru VF-1S cockpit will probably be the same as the "TV" VF-1J minus the HUD bit....heck, Bandai couldn't even be bothered with painting the seat color correctly...;)

Edited by jvmacross
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the same would apply to AE if they decide to open the 2nd round of PO. So it's for collectors to decide if they feel the sites are reliable.

I personally feel both AE and NY are reliable though NY can be quite slow and poor in communication.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Nope....but the only thing that Bandai decided to use to differentiate between TV and DYRL cockpits was the addition of the HUD for the TV version....the Hikaru VF-1S cockpit will probably be the same as the "TV" VF-1J minus the HUD bit....heck, Bandai couldn't even be bothered with painting the seat color correctly...;)

Agree. Bandai rather put a lot of unnecessary tampos than paint the actual details like the landing gears to white. ^_^

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

That's a little bit scary to pay something 10 months in advance. You're basically not covered with Paypal Protection anymore and you're tied to NY's store credit just in case the order didn't work out. I'm not sure though if it's the same if you use credit card directly.

 

You will have extra protection if you use a creditcard as the form of payment in PayPal.  If PayPal don’t take care of it , your creditcard company will get your money back from PayPal, which PayPal would be force to take the money back from N-Y.  

N-Y is pretty sneaky by posting early December, late April without setting a date for when is considered early or late.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dragonstar1982 said:

Just got an email from NY, saying they had the strike pack in stock. Was able to get one finally get one.

I just placed an order too, and now it says payment is in process. Gosh I hope I got one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, F360 said:

You will have extra protection if you use a creditcard as the form of payment in PayPal.  If PayPal don’t take care of it , your creditcard company will get your money back from PayPal, which PayPal would be force to take the money back from N-Y.  

N-Y is pretty sneaky by posting early December, late April without setting a date for when is considered early or late.

i am not sure about the button show " pre-order"  that mean you are pre-order and will get it on dec  

if the button change to " late-order" so u will get april 

any body has experience about the button's label?

Edited by Jumbo
Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

The devil is in the details!  :diablo:

:good: :lol:

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

You will have extra protection if you use a creditcard as the form of payment in PayPal.  If PayPal don’t take care of it , your creditcard company will get your money back from PayPal, which PayPal would be force to take the money back from N-Y.  

N-Y is pretty sneaky by posting early December, late April without setting a date for when is considered early or late.

Thank you sir! ;)

 

Just an update on the accidental double charge that happened in my CC during the Hikaru PO at NY. So I already got an email from them that my second payment got refunded. But now it shows on my order that my payment got refunded. (There's an icon of Payment Refund at the left side.) So I'm verifying with them if my actual order got cancelled too. Since it's not showing cancel icon. I'm hoping that it's not. :help:

Capture.JPG.61104d99a33ca2ce01a2180ed530bb0a.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beatsing said:

They have a large cockpit, I'm not sure if it was Kitzconcept, but the interior detail was impressive.  

On the DX, Bandai probably wouldn't bother.  Does anyone who has the DX in hand know if the interior is TV accurate with the joy stick in the middle?  Is the DX 1s have the joy sticks to the sides of the cockpit?

I've looked into the cockpit pretty closely, and while nothing's painted on the DX, you can just barely make out the TV style screens, as well as the extra joystick-like handles on the front console, and the F-G-B levers on the left side of the console.  It should be pretty easy to mount a DYRL style panel on the VF-1S.

They also mounted monstrous salami of a joystick in the center of the console that's about as big around as Hikaru's thigh.  His right hand kind of rests against the base of it. :lol: 

1206547927_ss(2019-06-11at10_48.19).jpg.3e49d0f0e0f671f310cb2b8f2f5a4a2c.jpg

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

From @jenius' Anymoon site. For some reasons, DX Hikaru's hand is not placed between the legs like the Yamato does. And I would assume that the DX VF-1S will have the figure hands more on the side since the controls are on the side.

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-15.jpg

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-12.jpg

Thanks @no3Ljm.  When I handled it, the DX 1J didn't have a pilot in it.  Had no idea it was so small compared to the Yammie.  So the Yammie pilot has the stick on his hand, and the DX has his hand in mid air.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nope....but the only thing that Bandai decided to use to differentiate between TV and DYRL cockpits was the addition of the HUD for the TV version....the Hikaru VF-1S cockpit will probably be the same as the "TV" VF-1J minus the HUD bit....heck, Bandai couldn't even be bothered with painting the seat color correctly...;)

thanks @jvmacross 

2 hours ago, F360 said:

You will have extra protection if you use a creditcard as the form of payment in PayPal.  If PayPal don’t take care of it , your creditcard company will get your money back from PayPal, which PayPal would be force to take the money back from N-Y.  

N-Y is pretty sneaky by posting early December, late April without setting a date for when is considered early or late.

I don't think the credit card company would do anything for you.  I had a defective preorder that was delayed beyond the 6 months Paypal, and Paypal wouldn't refund.  The credit card company said that you should complain within two months.  

50 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I've looked into the cockpit pretty closely, and while nothing's painted on the DX, you can just barely make out the TV style screens, as well as the extra joystick-like handles on the front console, and the F-G-B levers on the left side of the console.  It should be pretty easy to mount a DYRL style panel on the VF-1S.

They also mounted monstrous salami of a joystick in the center of the console that's about as big around as Hikaru's thigh.  His right hand kind of rests against the base of it. :lol: 

1206547927_ss(2019-06-11at10_48.19).jpg.3e49d0f0e0f671f310cb2b8f2f5a4a2c.jpg

Thanks @chronocidal.  That is nice detail on the giant joystick, can make out the buttons on it.  The guy who CAD the joystick is not the guy who did the pilot.  He had the Yammie pilot when he CAD the joystick.  That stick is so big it doesn't look like it's a fighter stick for one hand, but the boom and 2 handed wheel on the boeing 700 series. haha  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i am not sure about the button show " pre-order"  that mean you are pre-order and will get it on dec  

if the button change to " late-order" so u will get april 

any body has experience about the button's label?

I don't think the button will change. For those wondering if you got a late order or not, I think it's reasonable to assume that if you ordered for the strike parts after N-Y reopened orders (which was a day or 2 ago), you're probably part of the 2nd batch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, beatsing said:

Are they rereleasing this dx durandal?  Did I miss this preorder too?

it was shown at... either recent Kawamori exhibit or Crossover Live 2019. no release date or further details I'm aware of.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

:good: :lol:

Thank you sir! ;)

 

Just an update on the accidental double charge that happened in my CC during the Hikaru PO at NY. So I already got an email from them that my second payment got refunded. But now it shows on my order that my payment got refunded. (There's an icon of Payment Refund at the left side.) So I'm verifying with them if my actual order got cancelled too. Since it's not showing cancel icon. I'm hoping that it's not. :help:

 Capture.JPG.61104d99a33ca2ce01a2180ed530bb0a.JPG

This is what happened to me. Turned out they'd refunded the order, since it didn't ship as scheduled.

I strongly suggest contacting them to "make sure" that they didn't cancel the order, and only refunded the double-charge.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, apptt4 said:

it was shown at... either recent Kawamori exhibit or Crossover Live 2019. no release date or further details I'm aware of.

It just had one of those standard "Under consideration" tags on it same as the Armored VF-31J which means it probably won't hit shelves for another year or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beatsing said:

 

I don't think the credit card company would do anything for you.  I had a defective preorder that was delayed beyond the 6 months Paypal, and Paypal wouldn't refund.  The credit card company said that you should complain within two month 

Receiving a defective item will be between you and the store which is why it’s a good idea to pay the full coverage proxy fee of 700 yen for long preorders .   If they don’t deliver or can’t not deliver then I think it fits in another category for your creditcard .  There was a key word that they use for preorder and I can’t seem to remember at the moment  :wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jumbo said:

i am not sure about the button show " pre-order"  that mean you are pre-order and will get it on dec  

if the button change to " late-order" so u will get april 

any body has experience about the button's label?

I don’t recall n-Y ever having a changing button for preorder and late-orders .   They normally would make  a different preorder, 1 for x month release, and 1 for different month release .   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...