Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

So if i get another valk at 27000 yen plus missiles(9000 y) and fastpacks(9700 y), then the bill is nearly 480.00 usd or more for a complete Valkyrie, including all shipping.

Sadly, this is pushing me to get 2 more at mark up, and forget about the missiles, fastpacks, and perhaps the rest of the line. I know these things are beautiful, and "the best to date", but this is pushing me away. :5:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that's why I posted the HLJ deal on the Arcadia for those that haven't already collected a Yammie/arcadia.  It costs about the missiles and the super pack of the DX, but includes the valk the missiles and super pack.

For most of us tho, we already have the yammies so the DX is the new toy.

I haven't ordered any of the missiles or super parts.  I haven't got the DX yet.  If I do get a preorder, I might just skip the parts, since I could buy another brand new Arcadia for less.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you're right. I am actually shifting my focus back to Yamato, Arcadia, and HMR.

I am now only interested in finishing a 1/48 DX naked vermilion squad. I sincerely prefer to spend that sort of money in car parts, rather than paying over inflated prices for this.

Edited by vlenhoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yup. someone else pointed out Bandai got them to soul search haha

If I get a VF1S preorder, then it's probably a one and done.  It's a really nice valk, but not really worth trouble of the preorder madness, and the aftermarket prices compared with Arcadia and especially HMR are not worth the improvements, which are the shoulders (which are fixed on the new Arcadia, and same shoulders on the HMR), and extra tampo, and the lasers on the head.  I'm not a completionist, so getting a whole complete set for the cost of the parts is easier on the wallet.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, de_005 said:

I just took the plunge and bought the 1S + parts + missiles.  Thanks to everyone here for all the helpful pointers and info! 

Assuming max and milia are next? or 1s roy?

If you had ordered all that from Nippon-Yasan, I hope you didn't put them all in one order. If you did, you're gonna have to wait a long time before you get any of these since they will only ship the order once all items are already released/available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Come on Bandai I need a DX VF-1D Hikaru (and a an additional hand to hold a mini Minmay)! I believe it will be either VF-1A Hayao or VF-1S Roy before a VF-1D gets released. Hopefully, someday, they will release the DX YF-21 to go with the DX YF-19.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drumondo said:

It's for sale right now: https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/28386-super-dimension-fortress-macross-dx-chogokin-movie-vf-1-strike-super-parts-set-limited-edition.html

 

Seems like they're selling fast, from what I've read in this thread.

Thank you!!! Got in my order. Man this is one expensive hobby you guys are into! This forum has been a great help. Really appreciate you guys for answering all my newb questions. Got the toy I've always wanted as a kid VF-1S + Strike Pack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

If you had ordered all that from Nippon-Yasan, I hope you didn't put them all in one order. If you did, you're gonna have to wait a long time before you get any of these since they will only ship the order once all items are already released/available.

Hey fellow newbies, just want to highlight this important comment. Make sure you don’t pre-order your 1S with the strike pack. Most of these places don’t split the order, including NY. So that means you won’t get them till everything is available to ship and people are estimating months after release for the strike since the first run sold out so quick. You potentially won’t get your 1S until like a year from now.

Even I made the mistake of ordering 4 of strike on NY and that could be be bad enough since history says they ship the onsie orders first.

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The VF-31A, has been the exception rather than the rule. I have ordered plenty of multiple Bandai web exclusive orders from NY over the years and had no issues receiving any of them. I did not order the 31A from them, but that is the only time I've heard of this issue with NY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

The VF-31A, has been the exception rather than the rule. I have ordered plenty of multiple Bandai web exclusive orders from NY over the years and had no issues receiving any of them. I did not order the 31A from them, but that is the only time I've heard of this issue with NY

That’s great to know. Despite the markups etc. I like them a lot. I’ve been ordering stuff there recently and it’s been solid. I’m getting one missile set from them today. And I had ordered a second set with a 1A on PO night so I won’t get that till the 1A is released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

If anyone wants to hedge against their orders elsewhere, anime-export still has them available at their opening price of 9780 JPY srill

AE is HK based IiRC

http://www.anime-export.com/product/44320

Anime Export in in Japan. They're reliable but don't leave outstanding paid orders there too long. they get lost sometimes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly off topic: has there been an engineering attempt to add anime magic to the wings (besides detachable HMR shorter wings or engaging gerwalk joint) so you can bend the knee up towards the chest in battroid or kick straight out without hitting the wings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Duymon said:

Anime Export in in Japan. They're reliable but don't leave outstanding paid orders there too long. they get lost sometimes.

Oh, right. And yeah, that has happened to me but years ago with some lost orders. Since then, I've only used AE as a backup and/or last option and have always had my items shipped soon after release. Good note of caution for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just sent a message to AE directly asking them if they were able to secure the SSP set that I pre-ordered. I'll let you know what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish people would leave these shops alone unless they actually have an issue. If you can’t trust that a store that has been well known and reliable for years to deliver an item you purchase from them then you should just shop elsewhere. It will make things easier for the shops to do their job of delivering and securing orders.

Sorry, just ranting but when I order stuff from whatever store, I place my order and leave it at that. I don’t need to check order status, delivery status and then tracking status every day and I still end up with what I ordered. If for some reason I don’t get what I want (never happened from any of these major shops discussed) or have a need to change something, then I will contact them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I really wish people would leave these shops alone unless they actually have an issue. If you can’t trust that a store that has been well known and reliable for years to deliver an item you purchase from them then you should just shop elsewhere. It will make things easier for the shops to do their job of delivering and securing orders.

Sorry, just ranting but when I order stuff from whatever store, I place my order and leave it at that. I don’t need to check order status, delivery status and then tracking status every day and I still end up with what I ordered. If for some reason I don’t get what I want (never happened from any of these major shops discussed) or have a need to change something, then I will contact them. 

1) having a shop means dealing with customer inquires

2) if the shop is going to tell people they were unable to acquire stock, the person who finds out first can get their stock somewhere else before the price continues to be ratcheted up.

He's asking for like 5 minutes of work to potentially save himself $10. Yes, if everyone does it the company would need to draft a form response and it would take a few more minutes of work on their end but hardly a big deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, not a huge deal but like I said, just ranting. But basically, if I need to ask a shop if they have confirmed and secured an item that doesn’t come out for months after getting a confirmation of my order already...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biginjapan is now SOLD OUT of the Super Parts Set .  

I would consider that good news for those that preorder from them.  they did not have a unlimited amount like some other store.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Christian Bastidas said:

hello I'm from Ecuador and a fan of macross could recommend me some reliable store to get
the figures of macross de bandai and arcadia
Thank you

Hello Christian.  There is a thread and forum for where to purchase macross: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

QQ peeps:  In the frenzy last Sun/Mon, I got lost on the whole AmiAmi "special" page versus where to order from.  Can someone explain it briefly so I'm prepared next time?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So maybe somebody already mentioned this but will they make the TV fast pack version also , that's the one I really need to this dyrl version. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, moose said:

So maybe somebody already mentioned this but will they make the TV fast pack version also , that's the one I really need to this dyrl version. 

While not officially mentioned, I'm sure Bandai has this on their to do list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

QQ peeps:  In the frenzy last Sun/Mon, I got lost on the whole AmiAmi "special" page versus where to order from.  Can someone explain it briefly so I'm prepared next time?

I know very little. Sharing just my experience:

They put up a page with the coming soon status a few hours prior to the start of PO. There is a statement on top saying this is a special page due to expected high traffic. No explanation of what so special about it.

I was on the page, and as far as I see, it never changes its status to allow PO.

The after a few minutes, I see the link to a different amiami page that you can PO posted here by a kind member.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, kkx said:

I know very little. Sharing just my experience:

They put up a page with the coming soon status a few hours prior to the start of PO. There is a statement on top saying this is a special page due to expected high traffic. No explanation of what so special about it.

I was on the page, and as far as I see, it never changes its status to allow PO.

The after a few minutes, I see the link to a different amiami page that you can PO posted here by a kind member.

Ah, thanks!  I ended up on the right page at some point but in the middle of checking out I got cartjacked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, moose said:

So maybe somebody already mentioned this but will they make the TV fast pack version also , that's the one I really need to this dyrl version. 

This is the only thing we know so far. Bandai revealed it thru that VF-1 spec wall display regarding Super/Strike Parts. (Bottom right shows TV Super Parts for the arms.) But when they’re going to release it or actually releasing it? The whole community doen’t know. Everyone’s guesses is as good as anyone’s.

tamashii2-35.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been away this last week. Whats the deal with these 1/48 SSP for dx Hikaru. I'm hearing these were sold out? I see some up at NY for 9200yen. IS that a markup? What was the original price? Why is a TWE exclusive selling out in the first place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I've been away this last week. Whats the deal with these 1/48 SSP for dx Hikaru. I'm hearing these were sold out? I see some up at NY for 9200yen. IS that a markup? What was the original price? Why is a TWE exclusive selling out in the first place?

The P Bandai page shows them as sold out already. NY still had them listed at the original price... So maybe they're sold out with Bandai because NY bought them all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I've been away this last week. Whats the deal with these 1/48 SSP for dx Hikaru. I'm hearing these were sold out? I see some up at NY for 9200yen. IS that a markup? What was the original price? Why is a TWE exclusive selling out in the first place?

Original price was 8800 yen, so that's not much of a mark up really.  Link to page: https://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000135484/ (I had to load this link twice for it to show - first time puts me on their global page then another tab finally loaded the correct page)

Not really sure how TWEs work as I'm just getting back into collecting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sandman said:

I've been away this last week. Whats the deal with these 1/48 SSP for dx Hikaru. I'm hearing these were sold out? I see some up at NY for 9200yen. IS that a markup? What was the original price? Why is a TWE exclusive selling out in the first place?

when you factor in the needed domestic shipping from TWE, then 9200 yen from N-Y is below price compare if you were to get 1 from twe directly

8800 yen + 648 yen (domestic shipping from TWE to NY) = 9448 yen  each

 

but we all know N-Y buys in bulk which is 6 per order this time, so 8800x6= 52800 + 648 shipping = 53448 / 6 = 8908 yen each that N-Y paids.

They earn a little, you saved a little, everyone should be happy..................:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered 4 sets of super parts 406.00 shipped to us.

these hobbies are killing me. Now watch them release armor. I didn’t shell out for any missle sets. I’ll bet they will also release the camo versions etc.

I’m gonna be homeless but at least I’ll have my valks to keep me warm at night lol

Edited by Bahamutzyro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, I did a quick check to see how much N-y still have at this time 06-09-19 13:38 JST

can't seem to add anymore after 1266.   Yesterday was 1504

130958607_n-y-06-09-191338jst.jpg.50ef9de795ba42143324070473081bab.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only thing that surprises is the thought that Bandai actually produced more than 1500 VF-1S units. :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...