Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

Just sold a ton of mega bloks stuff and then all the cash went into 3 sets of fast packs.

RIP wallet 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

So being that I’m new to Macross and am reading on these different figures/heads/characters, is there a guide somewhere I can better educate myself on them?

Fill your head ....

http://www.macross2.net/m3/m3.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I'm late to the conversation but @canklebreaker, I did not see that post as someone rubbing it in to you. They were just simply stating that they contemplated getting one but decided to pass. Honestly, I don't remember seeing a post specifically from you asking anyone to help you get one so you can't expect evoryone here to be on the lookout to buy figures they don't want just to help others. Sure, if you ask someone specifically and that person responds that they will try to help you, which happens often, and then that person comes on to say they could have helped you but didn't, that would be a dick move but that's not what happened.

Thanks @Slave IV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Yup, that is why I have only used them only during desperate PO times. Such as an impulse VF-31A order, and POs for the Chuck 31 and DX Max VF-1A. All extreme examples, haha. But, just wanted to warn people to be careful when stockpiling orders at AE for an extended period of time is all. Other than those orders, they have always been fine. Maybe their system is just screwed beyond a certain number of days. All of my other piles of orders (HLJ, BBTS) I have never had an issue with.

Oh man, that sucks! I have had things there for well over a year and no problems. How long did you say (if you did) your stuff sat there?

Just now, sh9000 said:

Thanks @Slave IV.

No problem! You are well known to go out of your way to help people here so I didn't want @canklebreaker to get the wrong idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/5/2019 at 8:35 PM, Kanzaki said:

I conceded defeat and order from NY at 27K Yen. Not a big fan of NY but alas still cheaper than 38k Yen asking price on Amazon JP.

Here’s to hoping NY doesn’t screw me over.

Just updating my recent PO with NY for the DX VF1S. So I pulled the trigger and PO’ed the VF-1S for 27K Yen on NY. It was shown on my Order History as “Payment Processing”. No confirmation email was sent.

The very next day I received an email from NY stating there was a payment failure, which is to my surprise because I’m using the same credit card for previous purchase on NY with no issue. I called my credit card centre and was made known that “the payment went through but was subsequently refunded by Vendor”.

So I got in touch with NY customer service and they responded half a day later stating “there was a payment failure and the money was refunded”. Now I’m no rocket scientist, but when you said “payment failure” and “refund”, it begs the question whether NY actually “received” the money but subsequently “refunded” due to gawd-knows-what-reason.

Knowing it was a lost cause to argue and so long my card wasn’t charged, I left the matter at it is. This morning I saw the VF-1S re-listed for 28K Yen. Yup, I leave the afterthoughts to you guys.

Anyhow, I’m not re-ordering the VF-1S with NY. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

That likely depends on your shipping method.  SAL and EMS will ultimately be delivered by USPS so have you filled out the info to have mail forwarded, etc?  I would look into that.  If it was UPS, then you'd look into how they deal with address changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Kanzaki said:

Just updating my recent PO with NY for the DX VF1S. So I pulled the trigger and PO’ed the VF-1S for 27K Yen on NY. It was shown on my Order History as “Payment Processing”. No confirmation email was sent.

The very next day I received an email from NY stating there was a payment failure, which is to my surprise because I’m using the same credit card for previous purchase on NY with no issue. I called my credit card centre and was made known that “the payment went through but was subsequently refunded by Vendor”.

So I got in touch with NY customer service and they responded half a day later stating “there was a payment failure and the money was refunded”. Now I’m no rocket scientist, but when you said “payment failure” and “refund”, it begs the question whether NY actually “received” the money but subsequently “refunded” due to gawd-knows-what-reason.

Knowing it was a lost cause to argue and so long my card wasn’t charged, I left the matter at it is. This morning I saw the VF-1S re-listed for 28K Yen. Yup, I leave the afterthoughts to you guys.

Anyhow, I’m not re-ordering the VF-1S with NY. 

 

 

I've had the same with NY.  I ordered a figure from them (not Macross).  It was about 20 dollars above MSRP, but not like the gouging right now.  They cancelled my order, saying that they were out of stock.  The next day they listed the same figure but for 40 bucks more.  It was a figure that I watched for a while, they didn't move that stock.  They just decided to price gouge.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

If you have a competent PO...they should know that you moved.  I think they keep redirecting your mail for a few months, so depending on how long ago you moved, you should still get it.  It may be worth going to your previous PO and asking if that is what will happen or if they can put in an alert to hold it for you once it comes in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NY is pretty retarded if they don't allow address change. I've had no problem doing addy change from any other shop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Duymon said:

NY is pretty retarded if they don't allow address change. I've had no problem doing addy change from any other shop.

NY has cheap prices (until they start gouging), but they have absolutely no customer service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was too busy to remember to check for the Strike/Super packs.  Yes I want one but considering I already over paid for the VF-1S they need anymore of my money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ordered 4 sets. Now let's see if Bandai actually produces the others and, more importantly, if I can even get an order without paying scalper prices. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

FWIW I've change my address with NY after payment.  You just have to submit a ticket, and they can do it (you can't do it yourself).

They'll drag their feet, and you might even have to follow up with them (in their CS chat), but they did it for me, eventually.  

This is assuming they haven't shipped it yet, ofc.

Edited by HardlyNever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address

if it has already shipped, In your case, you should go to your old post office and complete a forwarding address form.

Edited by Ridden001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Oh man, that sucks! I have had things there for well over a year and no problems. How long did you say (if you did) your stuff sat there?

No problem! You are well known to go out of your way to help people here so I didn't want @canklebreaker to get the wrong idea.

I definitely didn’t think it was a personal jab, sorry if it wasn’t clear. Just stating that if someone needs help and someone was able to, would’ve been nice to. But that’s enough of that convo, don’t want to derail it any further.

Thanks for the references to read up on.

Edited by canklebreaker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have a size comparison between the 1/60 YF-19 or VF-31 dx valkyries and the 1/48 VF-1 series? Been trying to watch reviews, but haven't seen it side by side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made my order for a Strike Pack. Piss easy! Now I gotta agonize over getting one or two more...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Anyone have a size comparison between the 1/60 YF-19 or VF-31 dx valkyries and the 1/48 VF-1 series?

1496423128_DXscales.thumb.jpg.7901ba79325981a6de85404e38204358.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance you have a picture of them in fighter mode as well? Appreciate the battroid comparisons!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, bleecher said:

Any chance you have a picture of them in fighter mode as well? Appreciate the battroid comparisons!

cp.jpg.4c091af30acf93e85a2bd41ff4b8d268.jpgcp1.jpg.7b5ae5f7ebe38fcde8755be0b5d902c3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Premium Bandai website says they are all sold out of Strike packs, so unless someone cancels that looks like that's it for orders for now.

For a PB item that went by faaaaaast, took less that 2 hours from when they opened orders.12.PNG.7f2fcc4cdc361dfa113f1a7304cad382.PNGi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, just noticed on the Pbandai site for the strike/super packs are saying 0 stock, meaning thats it, no more? I thought TWE are made to order?

Just emailes my proxy if they were able to get my order for 2x.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tjdetweiler said:

Hi guys, just noticed on the Pbandai site for the strike/super packs are saying 0 stock, meaning thats it, no more? I thought TWE are made to order?

Just emailes my proxy if they were able to get my order for 2x.

They make as many as are ordered but there's an upper limit to how many the factory can produce which sets the cut off limit.

Granted if things sell out this fast they'll probably do a second order run, but those poor saps won't get them until waaaay later when the factory has time again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anime export still allows for pre orders, so can people still pre order them and get it? Lucky I ordered one set earlier from them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Anime export still allows for pre orders, so can people still pre order them and get it? Lucky I ordered one set earlier from them 

Well if they already locked down a set of stock then it should be fine. The problem is if they're just letting their order page run and planned to order them later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lets hope its the former

 

On another note, I was playing with my 1J and noticed that I will not be able to use the special flight stand if I put the strike pack on it, the way it holds the fighter will not allow supers to be attached to the forearms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, VF-Zer0S said:

Anyone ever intercept a package? I just moved and I made a dumb decision not to update my address for NY. Since I had paid already the address can’t be changed. I was wondering once the package arrives can I redirect to my new address?

If the item is not shipped yet, you try can contact them. If the new address is in the same country and province then it should be no issue at worst they can ask you more money for shipping.

BUT if them item is already shipped like mine, you can ask your local post office for help by giving them the tracking number and asked them to not deliver your package to your address and tell them that you will pick it up instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, That one dude said:

The Premium Bandai website says they are all sold out of Strike packs, so unless someone cancels that looks like that's it for orders for now.

For a PB item that went by faaaaaast, took less that 2 hours from when they opened orders.12.PNG.7f2fcc4cdc361dfa113f1a7304cad382.PNGi

Did NY bought them all? LolB))

They have close to 2k sets of them last checked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Tenbatsu said:

Did NY bought them all? LolB))

They have close to 2k sets of them last checked.

whaaaaaa, were does it say that lol
I'm here in Japan and having a hard time finding another set >.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My proxy order for the SSP change status from order pending to ordered awaiting arrival.

I hope this means the order went through.

I should have ordered more to help out those that have not yet ordered. Was so relax about this and not rushing because I expect the ordering window will be much longer.

Are the popularity of the DX VF-1 line attract scalpers to get this? If Bandai never reissues p-Bandai item, then these going to cost some pretty pennies later.

Wish there will be an increase of order limit a bit later after Bandai realise what is happening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...