Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Also, do you have enough VF-1J's to display it like this? ^_^

I do.....not all in the same scale/versions though......:D

Here's a pic I took a few years back of some of my 1J. (I have more....Such as model kits, the old Yammies but they are all in Fighter mode and in GBP, some other SD's too like the Egg ones but also in Fighter mode....that's just on top of my head...).

IMG_6295.JPG

AND....then I see the ugly font used for the "pilot name" and "vermillion leader"  It looks that way on a lot of real world fighters though.  Of course, I will buy it.

I agree also with Mommar on the VF-1S.

As far as the pre-order goes, I just accept that I will pay a $20-$40 mark up on the release date as I have never made a pre order window in my life with DX toys.

For anyone new, the team on hear is not joking when they say "30 seconds".  I have learned though that the fear of not getting one if you miss the pre order is irrational.  They are always there on the release date with a mark up of about 10 -15% which I can live with.  

I do still like the experience of trying to get a pre order and I try it every time anyway.  It has the excitement of Christmas morning.

Edited by Ridden001

My thoughts exactly -- not a deal breaker, but it looks like something on a $30 TFer toy. Anywhooo...got my 4 main go-to websites checked for logins working and I'm as ready as I can be for this madness tonight. I really am too damn old for this sh*t...2AM 30 seconds or less IF we're lucky -- how has my life gone so wrong....:fool:

6 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Probably not. There has been no indication of missiles in any of the promotional videos or photos.

Hmmm, you'd think those would be a given. I have this feeling then there will be a Fast Pack set w/missiles in the very near future. 

Bring on the PO madness!! 

47 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

So no missiles are included? 

24 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Probably not. There has been no indication of missiles in any of the promotional videos or photos.

hmmm.  bizarre.

from the tamashii.jp's rather funny eng-translation: http://tamashii.jp/item/12634/?wovn=en

■ Product Specifications
Total length: about 300 mm (at the time of fire)
Material: ABS, die-cast, made of PVC

■ Set Contents
· Body
· Replacement horn wrist right and left three each
· Replacement circular wrist left and right
· Complete Ganpod
Pilot figure
· 2 antennas for Gawk
· Abdominal detail up parts left and right
- Stand set
· Complete pedestal for first reward bonus fighter

you'd think for the msrp, the missiles and stuff are included as a given...

3 minutes ago, treatment said:

hmmm.  bizarre.

from the tamashii.jp's rather funny eng-translation: http://tamashii.jp/item/12634/?wovn=en

you'd think for the msrp, the missiles and stuff are included as a given...

Well, the DX Chogokin YF-19 was priced at 27,000 yen for a 1/60 scale toy with Fast Packs, Fold Booster, and missiles.

So, for less than 20,000 yen for a 1/48 scale VF-1 toy, I can see Bandai not wanting to include super/strike parts nor missiles.

4 minutes ago, Ridden001 said:

Man, even the head guns have indents to simulate actual barrels.  I have never seen that on a VF-1 Toy. 

A page has turned.  Arcadia's dominance in the VF-1 line was important and long lasting but it is now over.  

Well, technically speaking, since these are lasers we are talking about rather than projectile weapons, it is not like lasers need the concept of barreling/rifling. Mirrors and lenses, sure... but barreling is not necessary. The only advantage to having lasers shoot out of barrels is to perhaps protect lenses from dust, debris, and other particulates.

Sorry,,. I will now go back into the corner and play with my toys again.  =P