Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

I don't want to collect another line, I don't want to collect another line, I don't want to collect another line...

1 hour ago, rdrunner said:

I think someone has already spotted this but the circled sentence does suggest that the skull markings on the side of the boosters are interchangeable to fit different S or A type DYRLĀ markings.Ā 

Ā 

63393284-67CE-468C-A814-5648D460ADA8.jpeg

Oh cool, I'll definitely be using the black skulls with my Hikaru -1S.

The added print and paint detailĀ is quite nice, and do I spy additional articulation for theĀ head lasers?

vf1s_lasers.png.8cc862cdf2be637fc36b70f80405f7ea.png

Bandai, why dost thou tempt me so? I like TV and DYRL designs equally, so there's no break for my wallet with this news.Ā :help:Ā Ā 

Pilot looks to be the correct size too, or at least not as tiny as the TV pilot.

Geez, Bandai really did HMR us on the pilots.

Those landing gear are still a huge eyesore.

Hope it's a web exclusive, but I wouldn't count on both Roy and Hikaru being TWE.

Edited by Lolicon

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I think someone has already spotted this but the circled sentence does suggest that the skull markings on the side of the boosters are interchangeable to fit different S or A type DYRLĀ markings.Ā 

Hope this is the case, since unlike all the ultra-customized VF-25 and VF-31 packs, the only markings to change on the original packs was theĀ logo.

Here's hoping they actually include a full set of all the colors, along with the classic TV-style kite logo.Ā  Also really hoping they have the sense to produce a metric buttload of these, because they have to know people are going to be buying them in bulk.Ā  I might spring for 3-5 of them, depending on what options are included.

Gotta be honest though, they overdid the tampo.Ā  Of course now they add the ejection triangles, but the extra ship markings on the thigh look terrible, and out of place compared with where they put them on the VF-1J.

Bleh.. guess I'm in for the long haul with this scale too, that VF-1S looks amazing. :pĀ  I'll probably sell a few old 1/60 duplicates to help fund these, but I need to start prioritizing so I don't go wild (again).Ā  Hikaru's 1J, Max's 1A are taken care of.. Add in the Hikaru 1S, then hopefully we get a Roy 1S, Max 1S, DYRL brownie 1A, VF-1D, and VT-1... then maybe M&Ms..

Gets really tough prioritizing honestly.Ā  I think if I can keep myself to 10, I'll be thrilled, since that was my original goal with the Yamato 1/60 line... which I wound up with something like 30 of, when all was said and done. :lol:Ā 

Love the pics, but I'm in the "Bandai overdid the tampo" camp.

The fonts they use for the missile part of the Packs are huge, and a bit distracting. The ejection marking is a welcome addition.

And yes, the marking on the thigh is horrible, but isopropyl alcohol will solve this.

I'll probably only buy 2-4 of them. I hope they do eventually make a TV version, but since this is Super/Strike that's become less likely.

Still though, that is one heckĀ of a lot of tampo.

Good luck to all securing an order for the Hikaru 1S.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

So with VF-1S shipping in Nov, when do you all anticipate PO night?Ā  A couple of weeks to a month?Ā  Didn't give any indication that it would be TWE other than the Strike Parts being available through Soul Web.

As my screen name and avatar indicates, I'll be cracked out and ready for this one.Ā  If I miss out for some reason, I'll be willing to trade a Max that I snagged on PO night for anyone who needs him/wants him at PO night prices.Ā  (I don't want to miss Max, but I really can't go without DYRL VF-1S haha.)

The VF-1S Hikaru Strike was my favorite for years, but I have to say that the DX VF-1J changed that. I find that I prefer the simplicity of the deco and the angled J head so much so that I'm not feeling a burning need to get this 1S.

Hopefully the TV super packs have the kite symbol and are gray since I've grown tired of the DYRL blue over the years. I'll also probably be in for a GPB-1 add-on.

1 hour ago, HardlyNever said:

Yeah, I'm interested.Ā Ā 

Please be a web exclusive.Ā  I can't take a repeat of the Max VF-1A.

The super/strike parts does say it's a Tamashii Web Shop item, I think that means it will be a web exclusive?

27 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'll probably only buy 2-4 of them. I hope they do eventually make a TV version, but since this is Super/Strike that's become less likely.

Still though, that is one heckĀ of a lot of tampo.

Good luck to all securing an order for the Hikaru 1S.

hi Sanity, I am quite hopefulĀ that they will make a separate TV version super pack though, because the markings on this SSP set is specifically for the DYRL version ("ARMD-1" for example). I guess we have been trained by all the previous yamato and arcadia releases to use the DYRL SSPs as a proxy for the TV equivalent.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

The VF-1S Hikaru Strike was my favorite for years, but I have to say that the DX VF-1J changed that. I find that I prefer the simplicity of the deco and the angled J head so much so that I'm not feeling a burning need to get this 1S.

Hopefully the TV super packs have the kite symbol and are gray since I've grown tired of the DYRL blue over the years. I'll also probably be in for a GPB-1 add-on.

Right and God forbid, they don't make two separate sets of GBP for DYRL and TV versions (just to swap the missile tip colours and the ARMD-1 markings to Prometheus or something).

3 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Please tell me theyā€™re gonna make more of these compare to the 1J.

Ok, they're going to make more of these compared to the 1J.Ā  :D

(Obviously, I have no idea, but thought it an appropriate time to be a smart ass.Ā  Sorry.Ā  Not sorry.Ā  It's my sense of humor.)

3 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

This going to be a cluster like usual. Hopefully we get news of pre-orders soon. I'm praying they don't do both pre-orders on the same day.

In theory, the Strike Parts will be available longer than 30 sec because it is a web purchase like the missiles.Ā  My strategy is to just land a PO for 1S and worry about Strike afterwards as they should be available awhile longer.Ā  I picked up the Missiles a couple months after PO release.

Looks great! Slightly relievedĀ as I am a TV collector only.. my wallet is hurting already from the J and A.Ā  Here is hoping we see correct TV superpacks sooner than later.Ā  Surprised they were not announced at the same time. We have 2 valks that can benefit from them already.

Edited by Mechinyun

47 minutes ago, UN Spacy said:

Please tell me theyā€™re gonna make more of these compare to the 1J.

^ This,

plus

1. I love the tampo. I'd say, go crazier with it!

2. Yamato made me love the armored Hikkie 1S, and I cant get rid of mine. My head just exploded when i saw this 1S... [with that said]

3. I am mildly pissed about my Vermilion. These cornholes are going to leave TV Kaki for last, aren't they?

4. My wallet felt a disturbance in the force. Like the sound of a thousand wallets screaming in horror, and then suddenly going quiet. We may have to pay extra, if the pre-order is a huge failure, like last time.

5. i actually like the smaller pilots now. It makes me believe there is room for Misa in there.Ā 

This armed DX 1S is a thing of beauty. It goes to show how they toy industry has advanced in the last 20 years.

God, i wish that bar thing at the back was solid :(Ā It keeps me from hardly ever touching my 1J. Good thing my 1/48 Yammies & HMR are there to console me. Almost a perfect 100 Bandai. You almost made the perfect Valkyrie, almost. The separating bar was there to show brilliancy, but it ended compromising play value...Ā for me.

Edited by vlenhoff
I am Typo King