Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

People who are getting the Max VF-1A might be interested in this Max cel auction this week.

https://www.rinkya.com/en/auction-r325334772

1986305217_maxtvcel.jpg.7ee9010c9be33f857cc33bbbafc3cd87.jpg

I have a feeling that winning will be difficult.

Sometimes cels are posted in the cel topic here:

But there isn't as much conversation compared to this topic and others.

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Kurama Shop sent an email to confirm my shipping address because they expect the missile set very soon :)

I got the same email... this is my first preorder with them, it's a very interesting system.

On 5/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, beatsing said:

That’s what I thought when Bandai announced first run exclusive stand.  I thought they’d have a regular release without the stand.  They also did it on the shfiguarts vader.

Unfortunately it's too early for them to do a re-release. Instead we'll be getting shiny new Valks for a while.

Rumor has it there'll be something new displayed at either the Cross over Live or Kawamori EXPO

Wow, now that is pretty.  I have always preferred the look of the original VF-1J Hikaru to the VF-1S Hikaru, but it would probably not be a stretch to assume that we will be getting a VF-1S Roy custom, since they have already done the mold for the -1S head and all.  Just wish these things weren't so darn expensive.

Twich

The VF-1S Hikaru and Strike Parts look awesome.  Similar to HMR, I kind of knew Bandai would mix releases to try to get people to collect different series.  Seems like release announcements just pop up now.  An HMR announcement out of nowhere might be nice too.  I might still stick to TV or specifically Vermillion Squadron as the price is good for the size and details but 1/48 is not my preferred scale.

25 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Please be web exclusives. I hate PO madness. 

Spaceman,

Since I took over a decade off from collecting, what is the difference from the web exclusive other then (from my late to the re-entry perspective) the cost of web exclusives costing a ton? 

I know after the VF-1A I will never participate in a pre order fiasco again. 

6 minutes ago, Alphahorizon said:

Since I took over a decade off from collecting, what is the difference from the web exclusive other then (from my late to the re-entry perspective) the cost of web exclusives costing a ton? 

I know after the VF-1A I will never participate in a pre order fiasco again. 

Easier to purchase.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

So the strike parts are valk specific huh? November and December just got more interesting.

I think someone has already spotted this but the circled sentence does suggest that the skull markings on the side of the boosters are interchangeable to fit different S or A type DYRL markings. 

63393284-67CE-468C-A814-5648D460ADA8.jpeg

1 hour ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

My feelings exactly.

+1. In all my years of Macross toy buying I have always preferred the TV versions to DYRL, and TV only versions are so hard to come by. 

But the super packs do look absolutely bloody gorgeous though. Just that we have to wait longer for TV Roy and the super parts. 

5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

+1. In all my years of Macross toy buying I have always preferred the TV versions to DYRL, and TV only versions are so hard to come by. 

But the super packs do look absolutely bloody gorgeous though. Just that we have to wait longer for TV Roy and the super parts. 

I do wish bandai focused on getting SDFM out first before throwing in DYRL....Two 1/48 DX releases back to back and its not from the same series ...

But the warning signs were there already, with the SSP teases before....i just didn't expect bandai to release DYRL packs this year, but perhaps TV ones......

Looks great. Was hoping they would stick to the TV line, but I do love the DYRL scheme. Maybe this one will be a website exclusive as I imagine otherwise it will be outright impossible to pre-order.

I definitely need one (or three)