Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's be honest here. How many are not going to buy this? Like seriously. :rolleyes:

I was seriously contemplating not getting this. Esp with the 19 coming out just a month or two earlier.

But bandai dared me. and i needed to get angry.

tetsuo_wallet.gif.2c1cec038b962ddff2ac1a85da9b5635.gif

probably going to hurt. sigh.

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

I think it just means this "first edition" will be the only release with a tampo printed fighter display stand and a fancy slip sleeve cover....if you look at the pic....later releases will probably just be the box without the extra stand box....very similar to what they did to the HMR -1S Fokker.....except this time everyone gets the stand that orders on July 27th ans it all fits neatly in one box....

37692606_742674312790542_3068707691510628352_n.jpg

...the other comparable release would be the HM VF-1A Kakizaki...on that one,  ordering the VF-1A Kaki also got you a fancy box to "store" your Skull Squadron

It's what it says there, the base is only provided for the initial run with the sleeve to bundle them up, but it didn't say how many bases are there for the initial release.

Just came back from vacation and noticed this thread exploded with big news! After catching up on the last 10 pages, I will say that this new VF-1 is looking really nice to me, and the price is surprisingly reasonable. While I'm not really a collector of larger scales due to limits on funds and space, it's very tempting for me to PO this. I might wait and see if they do a TV VF-1S.

I didn't see a clear answer on whether or not this comes with missiles for the hard points. It would appear that it doesn't, since they aren't shown anywhere in the pics?

4 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I didn't see a clear answer on whether or not this comes with missiles for the hard points. It would appear that it doesn't, since they aren't shown anywhere in the pics?

No answer yet, but given Bandai's other DX Chogokin valks, the ordinance will be bundled with the super/strike pack add-on.

6 minutes ago, ScrambledValkyrie said:

I might wait and see if they do a TV VF-1S.

Yeah, I might only get this release and the VF-1S and get the super parts after.  I mean, I have both of those in 1/60, but my 1/60 vf-1j has a gray visor and GBP, and the vf-1s is the dyrl version.

So I can justify getting a white visor vf-1j and tv vf-1s, because they are technically different, right?  Right? :crazy:

And we might be getting scammed on the missiles.  They are suspiciously absent.

The proportions on this make the yamato look skinny, you can really see it in the ratio from the upper and lower leg widths.

The only thing i see that could kill this is of bandai does diecast in the hips, if that happens, this thing wil be a floppy mess in about 6 months.  If they are ratcheted, I am selling all of my 1/60 vf-1's.

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Let's be honest here. How many are not going to buy this? Like seriously. :rolleyes:

I'm not. Perhaps next time if they release the VF-1S. Good luck to the rest who will be getting it. Really good price.

Edited by eXis10z

Hmmm.... Almost 20,000 yen, no Super or Strike parts, presumably no missiles.

I do wonder if:

1. ) there will be a separate "weapons pack" release with missiles and super/strike parts?

2.) a subsequent VF-1 bundle that includes the super/strike parts and armament?

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I'm not! I've already got a few VF-1 in 1/60 and 1/48 so I'm set for now. Maybe if Bandai goes nuts and releases some of the alternate liveries from the Master File books I'll bite but hopefully for my wallet that won't happen.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hmmm.... Almost 20,000 yen, no Super or Strike parts, presumably no missiles.

I do wonder if:

1. ) there will be a separate "weapons pack" release with missiles and super/strike parts?

2.) a subsequent VF-1 bundle that includes the super/strike parts and armament?

Wow! Shizuka is really becoming a pro on this craziness. :lol:

I'm also guessing 1. ^_^ 

It also does not have that ugly obvious hook on the backpack that looks horrible in Arcadias Gerwalk.  That thing is a huge eye sore.  I know Gerwalk isnt popular but for me Gerwalk is what makes macross.  That hybrid look really defines and is unique to macross fans.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

if it doesn't come with any missiles, i'm sure someone will try to see if the Yamato ones will fit 

I expect someone will attempt this is any case since the hardpoints are similar.

Anyway, it will be an unexpected bonus for anyone holding onto a 1/48 collection if Yamato's ordnance works with Bandai's new Valkyrie.

Edited by technoblue

I agree that it generally looks good and is at a good price point, especially in comparison to what Arcadia is offering these days.  But I might be one of the few contrarians on this one, as I am not a fan of the hip transformation from the original mechanical design being implemented in toy format.  I think it's a neat idea if they can actually pull it off, but the thought of handling a toy with a fiddly mechanism like that for the hips is not appealing to me.  Not to mention the fact that it is (in my opinion) no longer perfect transformation.  I could see myself picking one up if reviews are good and they are readily available.  But if it's a mad dash for pre-orders in the middle of the night, I'm out.

5 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

I agree that it generally looks good and is at a good price point, especially in comparison to what Arcadia is offering these days.  But I might be one of the few contrarians on this one, as I am not a fan of the hip transformation from the original mechanical design being implemented in toy format.  I think it's a neat idea if they can actually pull it off, but the thought of handling a toy with a fiddly mechanism like that for the hips is not appealing to me.  Not to mention the fact that it is (in my opinion) no longer perfect transformation.  I could see myself picking one up if reviews are good and they are readily available.  But if it's a mad dash for pre-orders in the middle of the night, I'm out.

There's no official information on that's how the leg and hips transforms. All the people here are just speculating based on the photos posted. And as far as I recall, there's still that T-bar joint involves on the intakes. See the last photo section. And that part is what makes everyone curious knowing that there's a hip joints involve in Battroid mode. And in my opinion this is still perfect transformation since there's no parts swapping nor removing  parts to connect to a different section of the figure. The only thing I see that you need to install after transformation is the side covers. Again, this is just based on what photos were being posted. ;) 

37726669_10216703776777393_6013667900525641728_n.jpg

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

That's not a problem, Spanner. Dispose your car collections, now you can display it in that vacant cabinet in Fighter or Gerwalk mode. :acute:

Right? :rolleyes:

LOL! I knew you would chime in at some point regarding my displays! :lol::p

But hey I love my car displays! :D

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! Shizuka is really becoming a pro on this craziness. :lol:

I'm also guessing 1. ^_^ 

Yes 20k is rather cheap for something of that scale but I agree I can't see it coming with any missiles accessories etc. Just a pilot and gunpod.

And to be honest, I don't know weather I'd buy the supers /missiles set separately.. 

So yeah I'm guessing option 1..

15 minutes ago, spanner said:

LOL! I knew you would chime in at some point regarding my displays! :lol::p

But hey I love my car displays! :D

Hahaha! You've been quiet these days so I have to poke you a little bit. :lol:

e1052a557291aa4c8edbd1c907a32aec.gif

13 minutes ago, mickyg said:

I think we need to see what panel 4 shows. There's something going on there that looks...different.

Sad to say the text is too blurry but I somehow recognize the katakana 'shaft'. I'm guessing, it's mentioning some metal shaft bar(?).

59 minutes ago, mickyg said:

I think we need to see what panel 4 shows. There's something going on there that looks...different.

related to panel 5, the chest gap cover (later implemented in the HMR line) is now integrated inside as chest gap flaps. at least that is what I saw.

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

related to panel 5, the chest gap cover (later implemented in the HMR line) is now integrated inside as chest gap flaps. at least that is what I saw.

Yeah. It's one thing they copied from Arcadia. ;) 

3 hours ago, spanner said:

Now that's what I call a money shot!! 

Indeed. All those official shots above look amazing. (Thanks for posting, @sh9000 and @no3Ljm)

Maybe it's just me, but the feet are looking a bit large (or long) to me. Maybe it's a camera angle thing, or perhaps I've just gotten used to the proportions of the 1/60s and HMR.

Still, this is gonna be hard to resist.