Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

9 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Haha.. fortunately not. Between Metal builds, Hot toys and DXes I need to cut back. :lol:

LOL, understandable. Either way, I will be F5 ready!

9 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

Am I the only one who read this in Yoda’s voice?

No;)

4 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Hopefully Bandai has a better solution to keeping the flaps in place on the wings than Yamato did on their 1:48, I think we can all agree, that was one feature we didn't need and it's why the 1:60 Ver2 was liked more.  I can't help but feel Bandai sort of hasn't learned from Yamato's mistakes on this one a little bit.  That being said, it does look great, and I'll try to get one, the articulation and abundant tampo look great.

P.S. --  The stand is huge and fugly IMHO, I'm gonna have to put this on a Yetistand for it to really shine!

Need or not? Sure, it really isn't needed. But I don't think that feature is "why the 1:60 Ver2 was liked more". My guess is most people would take the improvements and the additional features if they could.

Anyways, I love the 1:48 Yamato Valks and this one is going to go very well with them. 

45 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

So true :D

Oh I see, I was hoping that it was going to be included in this 1/48 valk as Anniversary bonus......nah just kidding :D

At this point in the VF-1's PT Toy evolution, I think only the most hard-core collectors would be interested in any more 1/55 re-issues....any reissue now would be a blatant money grab fueled by a 100% notstalgic mental fog....with that said, I would be all in if anyone ever released an upscaled 1/55....and by upscaled, I would need for it to be full-blown Jumbo Machinder sized! 8)

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

So it says this is an early release, does that mean they're going to be doing another release like six months later of the same scheme but maybe without a display stand and a different box? 

I think it just means this "first edition" will be the only release with a tampo printed fighter display stand and a fancy slip sleeve cover....if you look at the pic....later releases will probably just be the box without the extra stand box....very similar to what they did to the HMR -1S Fokker.....except this time everyone gets the stand that orders on July 27th ans it all fits neatly in one box....

37692606_742674312790542_3068707691510628352_n.jpg

...the other comparable release would be the HM VF-1A Kakizaki...on that one,  ordering the VF-1A Kaki also got you a fancy box to "store" your Skull Squadron

VF-HI-METAL-VF-1A-Valkyries_1289352554.j

That VF-1 kneeling pose looks rough, if only Bandai had gone extra mile with some type of wider knee bend.

I am giving Arcadia another six months before they completely pull out from releasing VF-1s. Bandai's feature engineering and price point is the death knell for them.

18 minutes ago, lechuck said:

That VF-1 kneeling pose looks rough, if only Bandai had gone extra mile with some type of wider knee bend.

I am giving Arcadia another six months before they completely pull out from releasing VF-1s. Bandai's feature engineering and price point is the death knell for them.

Wait. You're still not happy with what Bandai have shown for a Y19000 toy? Expectations doesn't end, eh? :lol: 

14 minutes ago, sharpnel said:

What online stores are you guys hitting up for PO?  HLJ, AmiAmi, Nippon-Yasan, etc?

Which store really doesn't matter. What matters is that if you secured one during the madness. :lol: 

after seeing more pics and video....i avoided this page for most of today.  lol.  i can't see how a macross (SDFM) fan won't order this. i mean everyone has their reasons for what they do but i....need this in my life.  lol.  don't know how i'm gonna get one with the PO madness but if anybody does it and changes their mind later....LET ME KNOW.  i won't pay a crazy markup but i might be willing to pay a little lol...especially i fyou can ship straight to me from retailer.  regardless i guess i'll be trying f5 sometime overnight or early morning.

tempting, tempting, I've still got my old Yamato 1/48 VF-1J. 

I noticed in the pics the hands seem like more DYRL style mechanical hands, rather than the TV hands, despite, this being a TV release? I can see hard points on the wings for missiles, ect, so wondering will come with a full armament payload or is that "sold separately" I wonder. If was separate, I hope it included GBP armour ;)

51 minutes ago, obakesan said:

I noticed in the pics the hands seem like more DYRL style mechanical hands, rather than the TV hands, despite, this being a TV release? I can see hard points on the wings for missiles, ect, so wondering will come with a full armament payload or is that "sold separately" I wonder. If was separate, I hope it included GBP armour ;)

TV hands apparently to be fixed-posed only....see pic for clown hands ....

Screen Shot 2018-07-24.jpg

This release is "intended" to be a 100% SDFM TV release based on 1982 copyright being used....

img01.jpg

Edited by jvmacross

14 minutes ago, obakesan said:

531389789_ScreenShot2018-07-24.thumb.jpg.a40b2be98cde392e391d433297e30b3d.jpg

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

In spite of everyone’s comments, whether they like it or not, I have a feeling everyone here and I mean everyone will end up getting one. I’m sure of that. That Y19000+ MSRP price is already a bargain compared to what everyone is buying nowadays. Another VF-1J in another scale wouldn’t hurt your collections and wallets. ^_^ 

Actually I won't be getting it. I have invested far too much into 1/60 and 1/100 scales. I have no desire to enter into yet another scale no matter how nice it is in price and design. If Bandai ever decides to do these in 1/60 scale then I would consider them.

My only hope is that this doesn't stop Arcadia from doing their VF-1 re-releases or limiting them to PF only. I'm still trying to gap fill my V2's and prefer to not have to pay the after market prices those are going for.

Has there been any indication of other types to be released also or will the VF-1J be the only one? Would like to know what I'll be in for with this line.. as I've previously mentioned, I'm not super keen to start up another scale collection..

I guess it will ultimately depend on how good this actually is one released, then decide if it's worth continuing with.

Edited by spanner

4 minutes ago, spanner said:

Has there been any indication of other types to be released also or will the VF-1J be the only one? Would like to know what I'll be in for with this line.. as I've previously mentioned, I'm not super keen to start up another scale collection..

I guess it will ultimately depend on how good this actually is one released, then decide if it's worth continuing with.

No info yet....and probably not until end of the year or early next year.

But I doubt Bandai will stop at just a VF-1J release.....guessing the following SDFM....Fokker, M&M, a brownie....then the DYRL Skull Squadron....possibly some websclusive along the way....would really like a VF-1D since we never received one from Yamato........maybe that could be the last 1/48 before they switch to 1/60....possibly

2 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

No info yet....and probably not until end of the year or early next year.

But I doubt Bandai will stop at just a VF-1J release.....guessing the following SDFM....Fokker, M&M, a brownie....then the DYRL Skull Squadron....possibly some websclusive along the way....would really like a VF-1D since we never received one from Yamato........maybe that could be the last 1/48 before they switch to 1/60....possibly

The affordability factor aside, I just wouldn't be able to accommodate their larger size in my existing display cabinets.. especially if they are 27cm tall which is the maximum shelf spacing with the Klingsbo cabinets.. :unknw:

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

The affordability factor aside, I just wouldn't be able to accommodate their larger size in my existing display cabinets.. especially if they are 27cm tall which is the maximum shelf spacing with the Klingsbo cabinets.. :unknw:

Yeah.....I would imagine the great majority of fellow collectors do not have the display space.  This is at best a proof of concept that got green lit instead of being sent back to get resized.  I really do not expect this to go beyond a dozen varieties at most.  This DX is probably just to squeeze Arcadia out of it's 1/60 VF-1 licence so Bandai can snatch it, switch to 1/60 and then keep it for as long as it wants. The object is to show collectors how Bandai can do it better, bigger and cheaper than the best attempt from Arcadia.  You would have to think twice about buying another Arcadia VF-1....knowing that it is now obsolete and more expensive than the latest and greatest from Bandai.  Plus think of how much a 1/60 will cost....

My guess is that Arcadia will give up the 1/60 license by next year or sooner....Bandai will grab it and sit on it while it finishes the HMR VF-1 variants.  We will get a few more DX 1/48 VF-1's for 2-3 years...and get the 1/60 in time for the SDFM 40th Anniversary.

saruman-690x395.jpg

8)

22 minutes ago, spanner said:

That's not a problem, Spanner. Dispose your car collections, now you can display it in that vacant cabinet in Fighter or Gerwalk mode. :acute:

Right? :rolleyes:

I don't even know why I'm so excited over a VF-1J that I've bought 6 iterations of already (Yammy V1, 1/48, V2, Arcadia Armored, Bandai Hi-Metal, Hi-Metal R)

I guess it's like how Gundam fans have no qualms buying the RX-78-2 over and over again.

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I've gotta find a yardstick and make SURE this thing in battroid mode will stand up in a Detolf! Assuming I get in in pre-order hell..which I have a sinking feeling is going to be nigh-impossible.

Yerp. I said earlier in the thread that this thing is going to sell out in a blink. I hope I’m wrong : /

15 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I've gotta find a yardstick and make SURE this thing in battroid mode will stand up in a Detolf! Assuming I get in in pre-order hell..which I have a sinking feeling is going to be nigh-impossible.

I literally just did this (well, not a yard stick).  If it does come in at 27 cm, there is plenty of room at least on the top shelf.

8 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yerp. I said earlier in the thread that this thing is going to sell out in a blink. I hope I’m wrong : /

Who won't buy it? Most avid fans were ready to pay US$250 or more for the new 1/48. Watching the new design and price, now everybody wants it!