Jump to content
IXTL

Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

Recommended Posts

They have to get around to Max's DYRL VF-1S eventually. I'll wait for that version. And maybe it will be battle damaged. The TV version does look good though. But I have an old Yamato Max DYRL VF-1A that's fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Killaforevah said:

Anyone else broke their battroid dispay adapter? The tiny claws that hold the hip joint came off

wow that sucks. Haven't broken mine but I can totally see how it would break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What time are the preorders going on Monday japan time , anybody know?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, moose said:

What time are the preorders going on Monday japan time , anybody know?

No official time yet. But it safe to assume that it's 4pm JST. There's some PO back then that it happened around 7pm JST. Can't remember what item was that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No official time yet. But it safe to assume that it's 4pm JST. There's some PO back then that it happened around 7pm JST. Can't remember what item was that.

 

This would probably be a tough PO night, given how quickly prices had increased for the DX VF-1J since release date.

Not looking forward to having to get up early Monday morning (Eastern time US) for this... but oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Not looking forward to having to get up early Monday morning (Eastern time US) for this... but oh well.

tenor.gif

:good: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If any one is still waiting on confirmation of a special flight stand for this one, I think it's confirmed it will not come with one like the 1J did.

http://macross.jp/news/?id=1067

■ Product specification 
Length: about 300 mm (at the time of fighter) 
Material: ABS, die cast, made of PVC 

■ Set content 
-Body 
-Replacement angle wrist left and right x3
-Replacement round wrist left and right 
-Gun pod 
-Pilot figure 
-Gerwalk antenna x2 
-Abdominal detail up parts left and right 
-Stand

Would be interesting if Bandai re-release the VF-1J no flight stand edition along side the VF-1A Max as a surprise, kind of like how they will be re-releasing Metal Build Eva Unit 1 when Eva Unit 2 drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One last thought is keeping me from pulling the trigger on multiple missile sets - 

What if they reissue it once for each release? Max's 1A's set might come with a Zentraedi jacket, later super releases with the super parts, etc.

An argument against this is that "Hikaru's VF-1J" is nowhere in the product name, and this release of missile sets included reaction warheads, which Hikaru's 1J was never equipped with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

One last thought is keeping me from pulling the trigger on multiple missile sets - 

What if they reissue it once for each release? Max's 1A's set might come with a Zentraedi jacket, later super releases with the super parts, etc.

An argument against this is that "Hikaru's VF-1J" is nowhere in the product name, and this release of missile sets included reaction warheads, which Hikaru's 1J was never equipped with.

You buy now, ask questions later!:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

You buy now, ask questions later!:D

Sage advice.  Plus, at 12:00 AM to 3:00 AM (depending on where you reside) it'll be too late/early to think straight.  Just click, click, approve, click, hold your breath until a confirmation page pulls up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bolt said:

And then wait 6 months for the re-issue ^_^

I'm curious as to what Bandai Macross item has been reissued within 6 months in the last several years? Has anything Bandai Macross released in the last several years been reissued at all, let alone in 6 months?

But I guess there is the stronger possibility of a different release like the TV/Movie VF-31F and the Lil Draken sets that are associated. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next release being an obscure release makes hopes of reissues soon dim... Think of all the valks that need to debut still and at one every nine months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bolt said:

And then wait 6 months for the re-issue ^_^

you mean for the re-issue that may or may not come in the near or far future.  :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

One last thought is keeping me from pulling the trigger on multiple missile sets - 

What if they reissue it once for each release? Max's 1A's set might come with a Zentraedi jacket, later super releases with the super parts, etc.

An argument against this is that "Hikaru's VF-1J" is nowhere in the product name, and this release of missile sets included reaction warheads, which Hikaru's 1J was never equipped with.

While this seems somewhat reasonable, we're dealing with Bandai here.  They are perfectly comfortable and capable of doing unreasonable things like only releasing an accessory set that works with multiple releases, one time.

If you want an idea how crazy it can get, go look at the secondary market prices for the Frontier valks super and armor parts.  That would be easy money for Bandai to make if they did a reissue, but they probably never will.  Even if they do, it won't be until they reissue/update those particular valks, which could be a very long time.

Like Slave IV said, if you think you might want the missiles, it is a lot safer to buy now.  Otherwise you're at the whims of Bandai and the secondary market.  Worst case scenario, they do multiple releases and you might have to sell a set you don't want at slightly below what you paid for it.

That's why I caved and bought two missile sets.  Definitely a better-safe-than-sorry situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd get the sets now since it's a TWE. I don't think they've reissued TWE macross items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got my VF-1J in. Other than Anime-Export, HLJ, AmiAmi, Amazon Japan, any other sites do you guys recommend for purchasing the DX VF-1A?

Edited by nathans82

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2019 at 6:22 AM, Killaforevah said:

Anyone else broke their battroid dispay adapter? The tiny claws that hold the hip joint came off

It happened to mine, just one side though, so it still kinda works.

 

Though mine hasn’t left fighter since shortly after it arrived, so I haven’t had any trouble.

Edited by iguanaman8989

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Just got my VF-1J in. Other than Anime-Export, HLJ, AmiAmi, Amazon Japan, any other sites do you guys recommend for purchasing the DX VF-1A?

To be honest. At this point in collecting, it's more of a where you can secure a preorder.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, nathans82 said:

Just got my VF-1J in. Other than Anime-Export, HLJ, AmiAmi, Amazon Japan, any other sites do you guys recommend for purchasing the DX VF-1A?

I always recommend Nippon-Yasan...IF you can get a preorder in before they decide to cartjack you and raise the price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Preordering with NY is even less fun than most other stores... Their site crashes constantly and they post listings at random and if you're lucky enough to be at the right place at the right time on a super high demand item, you'll inch yourself through the purchase process in time to find out you've been cart jacked... And then they'll list the item an hour later for 15% more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At this point, NY is my retailer of last resort.

 

Not saying they're the worst, but those worse than them I'll just skip using entirely.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, NY sucks ass now but IF you do get an order through at the initial price, it is still the cheapest and that is all I care about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yeah, NY sucks ass now but IF you do get an order through at the initial price, it is still the cheapest and that is all I care about.

Amazon Japan is cheaper though :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nathans82 said:

Just got my VF-1J in. Other than Anime-Export, HLJ, AmiAmi, Amazon Japan, any other sites do you guys recommend for purchasing the DX VF-1A?

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

To be honest. At this point in collecting, it's more of a where you can secure a preorder.

For now, here's a safe list of where you can get most stuff for general release. (Remember: Most Tamashii Web Exclusives not included.)

  • Amazon Japan
  • AmiAmi
  • Anime-Export
  • Big In Japan
  • CD Japan
  • HobbyLink Japan
  • Hobby Search
  • Nin-Nin Game
  • Nippon-Yasan

I'm not going to add any more info for each stores since this is not the best place to tackle it. If I miss a store, please feel free to add it here.

I'm also posting the proper thread here regarding the list so if you have questions on it, click the thread link below.

 

 

Edited by no3Ljm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Amazon Japan is cheaper though :D

I've done the calculations and for most the things I buy, It's still cheaper at NY but AJ has faster shipping. Since I don't care about fast shipping (especially when it comes in a thin, flimsy box), NY is still the better option to me...IF I am able to lock down a preorder at initial price.

Edited by Slave IV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

I've done the calculations and for most the things I buy, It's still cheaper at NY but AJ has faster shipping. Since I don't care about fast shipping (especially when it comes in a thin, flimsy box), NY is still the better option to me...IF I am able to lock down a preorder at initial price.

Eh, really depends on what you order. For the PF VE-1 and HMR VF-1D it comes out very close due to the Amazon retroactive price drops (even vs Ferry service from NY).

 

2x Arcadia Stands:

Item(s) Subtotal: ¥ 9,124

Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,800

Total: ¥ 10,924

 

1x VE-1

Item(s) Subtotal: ¥ 22,744

Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,200

Total: ¥ 23,944

 

2x VF-1D

Item(s) Subtotal: ¥ 11,412

Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,800

Total: ¥ 13,212

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Eh, really depends on what you order. For the PF VE-1 and HMR VF-1D it comes out very close due to the Amazon retroactive price drops (even vs Ferry service from NY).

 

2x Arcadia Stands:

Item(s) Subtotal: ¥ 9,124

Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,800

Total: ¥ 10,924

 

1x VE-1

Item(s) Subtotal: ¥ 22,744

Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,200

Total: ¥ 23,944

 

2x VF-1D

Item(s) Subtotal: ¥ 11,412

Shipping & Handling: ¥ 1,800

Total: ¥ 13,212

Yeah, whatever the case, AJ is becoming a major player in this game. I forgot the calculation for the Arcadia stands but NY was again slightly cheaper but I already ordered at AJ so I didn’t bother to cancel and reorder at NY. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just double-checking a couple things:

  1. Does this VF-1 release smell any different from releases in the past?
  2. Are markings like in the photos below on the interior of the left leg common?

eXHKwkC.jpg

R4L3p9D.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

Are markings like in the photos below on the interior of the left leg common?

Definitely not.  Thankfully, it looks very easy to remove.

3 hours ago, MikeRoz said:

Does this VF-1 release smell any different from releases in the past?

I'm not sure.  Let me consult with my dog on that one.  <_<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone had good luck with importing Valkyries that reek of smoke into a smoke-free home?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leave the in a garage or other room, somewhere high but not too hot, with ventilation. Forget about them for like six months. Then you should be good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

Has anyone had good luck with importing Valkyries that reek of smoke into a smoke-free home?

Try a neutral odor eliminator bomb with the unboxed valk inside your car perhaps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all, looks like Sunday is going to be a late night then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...