Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, hachi said:

Was expecting a Roy but my wallet is happy as I will pass this one up. Good luck on the PO madness guys! :D

Me too, I will pass, I already have the VF-1A Max TV in my 1/60 Yammy Collection, my wallet will survive a little longer... 

5 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

I wonder how many of us who says we're going to pass will actually skip it.

Probably not enough for the aftermarket prices to surpass 30k immediately after release day.

Just one for me this time around. No need for super parts for this one. Glad I preordered several missile sets. :yahoo:

10 hours ago, jenius said:

Man, 3/31 is the first day of my vacation. but would work for some preorder madness. Any day later in the week and I'm going to have to get a little creative.

Just act like you're having "Stomach problems" and it's an excuse to get up and goto the bathroom to use your cell phone. Preorder your plastic crack valkyrie in your hotel bathroom like a boss.

Source: I've done that before

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I wonder how many of us who says we're going to pass will actually skip it.

I actually skipped out on the DX Chogokin VF-1J... 1/48 scale is just too big for me. And since I skipped out on Hikaru, I can skip out on Max, even though Max is the best.

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Pass. I don’t even have the Yamato Max releases.

Yamato never did a publicly released a 1/48 Max 1A. Recently i learned they released a few to local japanese stores. I finally get a chance to finish my vermilion squadron in 1/48th scale! Yes i do have the Yammie 1/60 vermilion, but i never took them out of the box. 

Edited by vlenhoff

This might be like what happened with Yamato's 1/48 VF-1A Max TV, a bunch of retailers are going to think this thing will sell like hot cakes so they'll grab as many as they can... then they won't sell and we might finally see a DX toy get sold at a discount.

but probably not.

3 minutes ago, jenius said:

This might be like what happened with Yamato's 1/48 VF-1A Max TV, a bunch of retailers are going to think this thing will sell like hot cakes so they'll grab as many as they can... then they won't sell and we might finally see a DX toy get sold at a discount.

but probably not.

You mean movie 1/48 Max 1A, no? The 1/48 TV Max was not a normal release, and i never saw it myself, back then.

Edited by vlenhoff

No, the chronicle 1A, local shops ordered lots because it was going to be a high demand hard to get item.... Then the demand wasn't there. Then, when Hayao was released, very few shops ordered him so he was harder to come by and still sells for much more than Max.

31 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Yamato never did a publicly released a 1/48 Max 1A. Recently i learned they released a few to local japanese stores. I finally get a chance to finish my vermilion squadron in 1/48th scale! Yes i do have the Yammie 1/60 vermilion, but i never took them out of the box. 

What I meant is that I don’t have any of Max’s rides from Yamato’s 1/48 and 1/60 releases. So it’s an easy pass.

4 hours ago, jenius said:

but probably not.

You forget that Bandai deliberately limit the number of units retailers can order, so they can't even stock up anyway, let alone order enough units to satisfy their customer base.

It only happened with the Yama 1/48 because they just keep upping the production numbers as retailers request more stock.

2 hours ago, sh9000 said:

I’m only getting TV releases.  I’ll see if this statement changes if Bandai decides to put a DYRL VF-1 between releases.

I'm also doing the same - not a fan of DYRL valks and am tired of having to use DYRL figures to fill in for the TV versions. 

the price for the chogokin 1J was insanely cheap. it's really hard to pass up any of these with the amount of valk you get for the price.  There's nothing on the market that can really compete atm. like look at the 31 armor,  brings back the yamato of 110-125usd at pre-order per valk and 59-75 at clearance for 1/60 scale releases and 150- 175 for the vf-1 super strike combos sets.  

still stupid that it doesn't come with missiles but given the high price of the current environment, that's where bandai will make their money back.   

i'm just going to skip the missiles and i'll make out. 

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

What can I say? I’m not a big fan of him like most people here. :p

How can you not like kakusake!!! whatever his name is....

11 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

the price for the chogokin 1J was insanely cheap. it's really hard to pass up any of these with the amount of valk you get for the price.  There's nothing on the market that can really compete atm. like look at the 31 armor,  brings back the yamato of 110-125usd at pre-order per valk and 59-75 at clearance for 1/60 scale releases and 150- 175 for the vf-1 super strike combos sets.  

still stupid that it doesn't come with missiles but given the high price of the current environment, that's where bandai will make their money back.   

i'm just going to skip the missiles and i'll make out. 

It was a hook, i think. i wonder if upcoming releases will be as cheap.

I have not bought missiles for mine. I guess i have to. 

Edited by vlenhoff

38 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

It’s Kakizaki. Or for easy remembering — Ben Dixon. :ph34r:

Besides, why do you need to include him when we’re all talking about Max? :p

Also, if they will include Kakizaki in their release in the future, I’m not planning on getting him either. I’m just waiting for Hikaru’s Super 1A and Strike 1S announcements. After that, I’m done with this scale. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

It was a hook, i think. i wonder if upcoming releases will be as cheap.

I have not bought missiles for mine. I guess i have to. 

I thought someone has tried filing down the attachment points on the Yamato 1/48 missile sets to fit the DX and it worked reasonably well.  You may want to look into that.  Personally I just got one set of missiles for the DX and that's enough for me.  Never been a huge fan of these things and just getting them for the sake of completeness.

11 hours ago, jenius said:

No, the chronicle 1A, local shops ordered lots because it was going to be a high demand hard to get item.... Then the demand wasn't there. Then, when Hayao was released, very few shops ordered him so he was harder to come by and still sells for much more than Max.

If the Yamato 1/48 TV Max & Kakizaki VF-1A were Chronicles mail-in exclusives, how were local shops able to order them for sale?  I thought the only way to get one was through the Macross Chronicles magazine mail order?  On this very website, under the releases schedule it lists both of these releases as made-to-order.

Not trying to be a smartass... I legitimately want to know because I wasn't in the game back then.  I'm trying to get the elusive Kakizaki but he never pops up for sale so I'm over the moon to hear Max is next because I'm praying that Kaki will be the third release and then I'll finally be able to finish my Vermilion team in 1/48 scale!

Edited by dafob
typos

10 hours ago, rdrunner said:

I'm also doing the same - not a fan of DYRL valks and am tired of having to use DYRL figures to fill in for the TV versions. 

Me too. DYRL valks all look the same to me. 

7 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I sort of wish they came out with the VF-1J with alternate impaled appearance from Macross episode 11...

image.png.97f53382a57e40fcde9918fbf9845a8d.png

and with the removed chest plate and crushed head....

image.png.3047d27962700aacf95fac681f56774a.png

And alternate white/gray visors