Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

Well sure, if you don't use the stand, it doesn't shove the gunpod up that way. :p 

Patient - "Dr, it hurts when I move my arm like this"

Dr - "Don't move your arm like that"

:lol:

Those stands look like crap anyway.;)

Hah, pretty much yep.

I think this is actually the first time I ever actually put together one of the Bandai stands, because this is the first one since the VF-25s that looks almost presentable, just from the base... but the mount is still fugly as hell, so it'll probably go back in the box.

So is 42,000 + shipping just the price for 1Js these days? (2000 less if it's an open box) Mandarake has a few in stock, and they are about 10,000 more on yahoo auctions :blink: When I was finding them at auction for 30,000 (perfect condition open box) 34,000 MISB this past spring/summer I should have just hoarded a few :D

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1133804736&lang=en

Edited by RedComet

30 minutes ago, RedComet said:

So is 42,000 + shipping just the price for 1Js these days? (2000 less if it's an open box) Mandarake has a few in stock, and they are about 10,000 more on yahoo auctions :blink: When I was finding them at auction for 30,000 (perfect condition open box) 34,000 MISB this past spring/summer I should have just hoarded a few :D

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1133804736&lang=en

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=DX+VF-1J&b=1&n=100&auccat=&tab_ex=commerce&ei=utf-8&aq=-1&oq=&sc_i=&exflg=&p=DX超合金+初回限定版+VF-1J+バルキリー+一条輝機&x=34&y=42

14 minutes ago, levzloi said:

I mean yeah, the buy it now price seems to be above 49,000, would be interesting to see where the actual auctions close at, but they now start at 38,000, which is above where they often ended.

On 1/9/2021 at 2:41 PM, sqidd said:

I’ve always wondered what PP does when you charge them back. Can you keep us updated? Thanks!

All they do is flag your account and make you prove your identity and change your password then you are good to go.  I've done it like 5-10 times last year.  One time this year.  Online purchases are hit or miss for me, for my hobbies.

5 hours ago, rocketblast said:

All they do is flag your account and make you prove your identity and change your password then you are good to go.  I've done it like 5-10 times last year.  One time this year.  Online purchases are hit or miss for me, for my hobbies.

Thanks for the reply.

I'm actulally surprised that PayPal doesn't screw us when we charge them back. That would be the PP thing to do.

8 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The solution to the problem of the DX arms not staying in place in fighter is to transform it to battroid mode, then go out and pick up a Yamato VF-1S with super parts and put that into fighter mode. :p

I do agree the retention system was devise by a monkey with brain damage, Functionally I have never had an issue. I don't swoosh though.

From the perspective of a engineer/designer/fabricator it does drive me bonkers though. WHY BANDAI!?!?:diablo:

All they had to do was copy Yamato. And it can be much better than that. Not exactly rocket science.

18 hours ago, Angesdad said:

I think y’all Roy and Super parts broken. I will take’em off your hands for free.:5:

BAA094F2-BDE6-4301-B928-479615A0313F.thumb.jpeg.2f754fede8ffa8e3b796e6108f52d863.jpeg0BA12E40-3F08-4360-918A-7FA27EB9A8FF.thumb.jpeg.ba5a7a2a65bf19db908a2be2de2aaf24.jpeg

TV super parts delivery came through at last yesterday from Kurama toys. As a member pointed out, they in Hong Kong, not Japan. 

I really like the lighting in your display, the shots look good. :good:

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I was actually wishing more for the DX GBP Armor in Hikaru's 1J @Saburo more than the TV SSP with or without the grey googles. I guess in due time we'll get the DX GBP. 

Yes, the GBP. I am already prepared to hand over my wallet. 

1 hour ago, Angesdad said:

Thanks @Saburo! I could say the same thing about your hangar shots!!! Great lighting and "drama" as I mentioned before...where does one score a hangar set like that.:hi:

Thank you @Angesdad!  The hangar was made by FEXT System / FEXT Hobby, the one used in the my photos is a custom I designed for myself.  FEXT has a few other designs on their site for sale.

3 hours ago, Saburo said:

Yes, the GBP. I am already prepared to hand over my wallet.

I'm right there with you, but only if it's a Hikaru 1J + GBP gift set or there's a reissue of the Hikaru 1J and then the GBP set is released separately. I don't care if the 1J is grey goggle or original. If the only Hikaru 1J we get is the one we already have, I'll pass. I'm not going to drop $500+ to get another one so I can put GBP armor on it. That would be extremely shortsighted on Bandai's part, but we've seen them make lots of questionable decisions over the years....

On 1/11/2021 at 12:06 PM, jvmacross said:

:good:

No rush....but if you have the time I would like to take a crack at the VF-1J "half-schematic" pic...not sure how good it would look if I combined the DX -1J with the "schematic" side shown on that IMAI box.....what I do know is that you would be able to nail the pose using the DX! :drinks:

For sure.

22 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Nice Macross Episode 2 "Countdown" pose! :drinks:

large.1700859993_Episode2SDFM.jpeg.f50d1

22 hours ago, jvmacross said:

large.D77AE348-FE17-44D4-BB46-60884E2FDA

large.215280889_SDFMep2.JPG.46cc03652307

large.1700859993_Episode2SDFM.jpeg.f50d1

:good:

:D

:drinks:

I have been displaying my VF-1J in fighter mode on the special display stand at 30 deg right bank sinc eI 1st got it, yesterday my tv supers finally arrived from dejapan and I went to install the parts and put it on the same stand with the new attachment piece and I realized that my stand seems to have twisted a bit and it not has a 5-10 deg bank to the right. Were the stands shipped straight to begin with?

DC7A9BB8-722E-4D7B-8F5C-C4CF0D15C09F.jpeg

Edited by Guyffon

Is it just me, or are there an absurd number of DX Roy's in the For Sale and Trade section?  

First few pages are flooded with them, and they seem to be moving fast too.  Hard to see what else is up for sale since the Roy's keep flooding that thread, lol!

18 minutes ago, peter said:

Is it just me, or are there an absurd number of DX Roy's in the For Sale and Trade section?  

First few pages are flooded with them, and they seem to be moving fast too.  Hard to see what else is up for sale since the Roy's keep flooding that thread, lol!

Yeah, seems like there's more supply of Roys around than there were Hikaru 1S after launch, and people are selling them at close to cost.

3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Did you put the extra piece in? It adds a slight tilt to one side or the other. If you remove the extra piece you get the original 3 tilt options.

This is a VF-1J, it does not come with the extra piece like the Roy VF-1S, at this point I am more worried the stand might break one day

Edited by Guyffon

3 hours ago, peter said:

Yeah, we were chatting about that a few pages back, wondering why there's a decent aftermarket supply at (for the DX line) decent prices. It could be a "perfect storm" of circumstances that includes COVID-19 financial stresses for collectors, which we might never experience again, or maybe Bandai actually made enough this time around. I don't mind paying a bit of a markup after release if it means that I don't have to deal with PO Madness, but right now we don't have enough data to say anything definitive about that.

9 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Super late to the party. Got my supers last week and just opened them today.

Just need to replace the name on the cockpit to make it a proper Hikaru TV skull leader. :)

50836178707_6775a394ce_o.jpg

So lovely @Lolicon:wub:

Wait a sec... this is oh so wrong. White landing gears??? :shok:

:lol:

41 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Super late to the party. Got my supers last week and just opened them today.

Just need to replace the name on the cockpit to make it a proper Hikaru TV skull leader. :)

50836178707_6775a394ce_o.jpg

What pilot figure is that/from?

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

What pilot figure is that/from?

It's Hikaru from the DX 1J. It's the one earmarked for the GBP if it's not a bundle set. :drinks:

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

That is an excellent shot @Lolicon!!  I love the added details! 

Thanks @Saburo! You can't even tell that I dropped the hangar set while moving it to the table and had to reassemble the entire thing before taking that shot. :lol: